test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Sea of Moving Ice Rewards!

124»

Comments

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    lwedar said:

vteasy said:

rayrdan said:

I still dont get why some classes get so much less stats compared to others...these weapons are an example but is true on pretty much every piece of gear

I'm interested as well. This seems to be an oversight, unless you really don't want HRs to lead the damage charts. (gwfs have 2k more stats)

I wonder if weapon damage varies as well...This would compound benefits some set bonuses in favor of the higher weapon damage dps

@asterdahl
    @asterdahl any word on this? anyone...
    I think my post may have gotten buried as I replied to a thread about the Paladin shield that was then closed, but we're aware of the issue with some of the relic weapons and the designer who is working on those weapons is looking into it. We're not intending to short any classes on stats, so we appreciate the bug reports, thank you!
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    asterdahl said:

lwedar said:

vteasy said:

rayrdan said:

I still dont get why some classes get so much less stats compared to others...these weapons are an example but is true on pretty much every piece of gear

I'm interested as well. This seems to be an oversight, unless you really don't want HRs to lead the damage charts. (gwfs have 2k more stats)

I wonder if weapon damage varies as well...This would compound benefits some set bonuses in favor of the higher weapon damage dps

@asterdahl
    @asterdahl any word on this? anyone...
    I think my post may have gotten buried as I replied to a thread about the Paladin shield that was then closed, but we're aware of the issue with some of the relic weapons and the designer who is working on those weapons is looking into it. We're not intending to short any classes on stats, so we appreciate the bug reports, thank you!
    @asterdahl thanks for replying, please check the current mod's weapons....same issue
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I'm not sure I see the point of the large increase to the stats of these weapons. I'd rather see alternative artifact weapons for different class builds - i.e. HR Combat and Archery need recovery, Trapper could use more armor penetration instead. Just more stats with only one combination seems to miss the point. The four different elemental artifact sets with different bonuses were a better idea than this but still not ideal.

Also, cubes of augmentation need some serious reform. We should be able to choose which abilities we unlock and there should not be a gigantic AD cost just for spending on cubes every time there's a new artifact set. Take some of the pain out of the introduction of new artifact weapons at long last.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Thanks for finding the quote I was talking about. I dug around several forums looking for it to no avail. Searching this forum is rough on a phone unfortunately . That quote told me that the early crafters reaped the rewards and I'm glad i never tried progressing Masterwork.

I found it in the Lower Depths. Maybe that's why it was difficult to find? Anyway.. I'm waiting patiently to see how this all pans out.

Thank you @asterdahl for your reply and clarification on the comment.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I tried some normal dungeons with some random players to check the drops and loots from coffers but seems like they are like on live server. Any news about their improvement??

"Monitoring"
    "Only have so much time"
    "On our radar"
    "In our system"
    "Something we definitely like to do going forward"
    "Your feedback is being heard"​​
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I love the new GWF axe, it's just that it's held wrong, and leads to some obvious clipping. You can see below the lower part of the axe clips right through the body very awkwardly:

texttext

I think it's because it's being held in the middle of the shaft:
    text

Instead of near the base, like the hammerstone hammer for comparison:
    text

Because of this, it feels like a small weapon with little reach, when it should feel like the formidable weapon it is. :)
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016

FEEDBACK ON CHESTS:
    - Upgrade the rewards a bit, you can be creative with refinement, Voninblood, black ice, marks etc.
    - More important: Implement something like tarmalune trade bars for chests so you get some of this bars from each chest and you can buy the big items gated by the RNG like +5 rings, artifacts like wand of orcus, etc. You can make this items BtA if you want.

FEEDBACK ON OP CHANGES:
    - I like the changes to BO and DP (still needs adjustment) but Absolution and VoE are still useless.
    - Divine protector duration should be 9-10 secs up from 6
    - OP needs some buffing skills to dmg, circle of power could be a good option.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    lwedar said:

@asterdahl thanks for replying, please check the current mod's weapons....same issue

After investigating the report of issues with various stats on artifact weapons I discovered a number of underlying issues with stats on artifact weapons, new and old. I've made some large changes that will be going live with the release of Sea of Moving Ice. Here's a preview of the patch notes:
    Asterdahl said:

Changes to Artifact Weapon Stats

With the addition of relic artifact weapons we've taken a look at the way stats progress as artifact weapons are ranked up. As a result we have resolved some long-standing issues and made the following changes and improvements:

• The amount of stats granted at uncommon, rare and epic ranks of artifact weapons have been increased.
      • This includes stats that increase incrementally with rank, such as: power, recovery, etc.
      • Stats that either do not increase at all (AC on shields) or increase only with rarity/item level (weapon damage) have not been increased.
      • As a result of this change, the difference in power between weapons of a given item level should be more predictable.
      • The amount of stats on legendary artifact weapons has also increased very slightly to accommodate for the adjustments.
    • The effect of ranking up an artifact weapon on stats has been increased in order to create a more contiguous increase in power.
      • For example, the stats on a rank 34 rare artifact weapon will now be much closer to a rank 35 epic artifact weapon, (weapon damage excluded.)
    • An issue wherein classes that dual-wielded received less total stats from their weapons than those that did not has been resolved.
      • As a result, the amount of stats from bows, ranger blades and daggers has been increased.
      • In addition, the amount of stats granted from off hand items like sword-knots and grimoires has been reduced. However, as the stats on all artifact weapons have been increased, this decrease will only be visible on legendary rank off hand items and primary weapons stats will be increased as well.
    These changes affect the following sets:
    • * Twisted Weapons
    • * Stronghold Weapons
    • * Drowned Weapons
    • * Burning Weapons
    • * Howling Weapons
    • * Earthen Weapons
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    (Yes but did you fix the AC on the relic armors yet?)

(Not to pooh-pooh this fix. Looks good.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @asterdahl nice! Still the HR melee damage only takes in count the off hand weapon damage which is the lowest in game by far.. Half. Is this intended?
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

lwedar said:

After investigating the report of issues with various stats on artifact weapons I discovered a number of underlying issues with stats on artifact weapons, new and old. I've made some large changes that will be going live with the release of Sea of Moving Ice. Here's a preview of the patch notes:
    Asterdahl said:

Changes to Artifact Weapon Stats

With the addition of relic artifact weapons we've taken a look at the way stats progress as artifact weapons are ranked up. As a result we have resolved some long-standing issues and made the following changes and improvements:

• The amount of stats granted at uncommon, rare and epic ranks of artifact weapons have been increased.
      • This includes stats that increase incrementally with rank, such as: power, recovery, etc.
      • Stats that either do not increase at all (AC on shields) or increase only with rarity/item level (weapon damage) have not been increased.
      • As a result of this change, the difference in power between weapons of a given item level should be more predictable.
      • The amount of stats on legendary artifact weapons has also increased very slightly to accommodate for the adjustments.
    • The effect of ranking up an artifact weapon on stats has been increased in order to create a more contiguous increase in power.
      • For example, the stats on a rank 34 rare artifact weapon will now be much closer to a rank 35 epic artifact weapon, (weapon damage excluded.)
    • An issue wherein classes that dual-wielded received less total stats from their weapons than those that did not has been resolved.
      • As a result, the amount of stats from bows, ranger blades and daggers has been increased.
      • In addition, the amount of stats granted from off hand items like sword-knots and grimoires has been reduced. However, as the stats on all artifact weapons have been increased, this decrease will only be visible on legendary rank off hand items and primary weapons stats will be increased as well.
    These changes affect the following sets:
    • * Twisted Weapons
    • * Stronghold Weapons
    • * Drowned Weapons
    • * Burning Weapons
    • * Howling Weapons
    • * Earthen Weapons
    @asterdahl appreciate it!
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"

I love the new GWF axe, it's just that it's held wrong, and leads to some obvious clipping. You can see below the lower part of the axe clips right through the body very awkwardly:

texttext

I think it's because it's being held in the middle of the shaft:
    text

Instead of near the base, like the hammerstone hammer for comparison:
    text

Because of this, it feels like a small weapon with little reach, when it should feel like the formidable weapon it is. :)

Thanks for the report, this is an outright bug and I'll let the character team know!
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    @asterdahl

I'm sorry if this is not the right place but regarding to the FBI rewards, is it possible that you could make that the box that drops the relic/rusted items (helm, chest and boots) to work like the 'Frostborn gloves pack'? In this sense: Bind to account and you will receive a piece of equipment for the class that opens the box. It would be a great QoL improvement. This would increase the activity for this dungeon since most players are not longer running it after getting every piece but most of them will be glad to run it again just to equip some alt or also for those that have several characters and wish to equip his/her healer or tank instead of his/her DPS i.e.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Why does nobody post screenshots?! I searched and searched and search but couldn't find 'em. Isn't THAT hard is it? It'll be extremely helpful for those of us who can't/won't access preview. A friend of mine was suggesting that Uncommon Relic weapons are better than Legendary Twisted Weapons, I didn't believe him, but can't find the info anywhere.
    FrozenFire
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Not much feedback at all, and this goes live in a few days...

I wonder if they realize that their game is dieing. This whole mod is a bust, with all of the soul-crushing grind and unimaginative dailies. The three zen key eating chests is such a joke.

The vast majority of players see this stuff for what it is - pay to progress - and a lot will quit over these terrible design choices. If they haven't quit already.

Is anyone there?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Is anyone there?

Just us and the bots
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    The only interesting loot are probably the legendary marks. Svardborg(Master) had quite a high chance of epic and rare marks but unfortunately we couldnt get just 1 legendary mark in our runs. I guess feedback for the dropchance of the legendary marks will come sometime during the expansion.
    Of course it is like every module. Too much RP and not enough AD also I dont get why you make the marks BoP. Especially the legendary marks could be expensive so that the people who will farm Svardborg are able to make some AD.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    So from lanolin to legendary mark farming, yay.....
  • maulwurfmann01maulwurfmann01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2016

So from lanolin to legendary mark farming, yay.....

no...it´s lanolin + legendary marks + other stuff farming

Edit: but not at the same time^^
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    That is correct
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!