rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    No i would need to sacrifica wild medicine for that
  • Options
    Oh btw i dont use split the sky at all
  • Options
    mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Sorry about late response.
    Swapping hindering for PG is an option for higher DPS.
    Swiftness will decrease the CD of spells with charges BUT it will not decrease the timer of charge refill.
    Cordon does not have cool down but only charge refill timer.
    Hindering has both, cool down and charge refill timer.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Throw caution is amazing. The mob die so fast even when i m in archer spec.
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I'm not using fleet stance or warden's courage... and I am using steel breeze in place of PG now as it fills my stam and in testing the dmg difference was minimal for combat.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @rayrdan: so what rotation do you use for combat? Throw Caution, Gushing Wound and Thorned Strike?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    loverideloveride Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

loveride said:

with more stacks of serpent, you get bonus damage and bonus crit chance.

like i said, it is up to you to choose whichever encounter you feel like using.

the roots from plantgrowth is useless. most of the times it wont even last a couple of seconds lol.

Thats where I've trying to figure out where the damage from plant growth comes from. I was under the impression it was the roots damage. when I use it on dummies it doesn't give any inital damge, just the output from what I believe are the roots.
    Plant Growth is its own separate attack and nothing to do with any of our Root mechanics, one of the reasons I don't like it much... it is also classed as a Spell.

Anyhoo with regards to forcing Crits... you can kind of force non-crits to occur.

Aim for Crit chance of around 80-85% after all procs have happened (don't worry about things like Baphomet's Might Boon or Gale of Retribution Boon etc as they just happen every now and then).

Then equip Aspect of the Serpent. When you have 2 stacks of Melee or Ranged AotS this gives you a bump in Crit chance for the 1st 2 Melee or Ranged Encounters/Dailies. For me this would be the heaviest hitting attacks in my line-up. Then when all stacks of AotS are used up in your rotation you will be left attacking with your non-buffed attacks.

At 80-85% there is a chance for my non-heavy attacks to hit and not Crit. When flying solo with my Companion my Power goes up to 52k in Combat... so 50% of this on a Non-Crit is pretty big, so this power would be higher when in a group buffed by other people :)
    From what I've noticed, the damage over time from PG is much greater compared to the Thorned roots, though it may not last as long. with PG at rank 3 the 'roots' cause roughly 24k damage each hit, and the Thorned roots from Hindering strike deal out 22k at 4. With the 20% increase when PG hits 4 I can only imagine it doing much greater damage. On the other hand, they can stack on each other and both deal out damage together. the only negitive aspect is that leaves 2 bow encounters with charges. so swiftness doesn't affect the range stance, but allows for more constant melee stance encounters.

What I've noticed with gushing is the bleed tick counts towards swiftness for ranged encounters. but can't really gauge any good encounters with high range damage
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    loveride said:

wdj40 said:

loveride said:

with more stacks of serpent, you get bonus damage and bonus crit chance.

like i said, it is up to you to choose whichever encounter you feel like using.

the roots from plantgrowth is useless. most of the times it wont even last a couple of seconds lol.

Thats where I've trying to figure out where the damage from plant growth comes from. I was under the impression it was the roots damage. when I use it on dummies it doesn't give any inital damge, just the output from what I believe are the roots.
    Plant Growth is its own separate attack and nothing to do with any of our Root mechanics, one of the reasons I don't like it much... it is also classed as a Spell.

Anyhoo with regards to forcing Crits... you can kind of force non-crits to occur.

Aim for Crit chance of around 80-85% after all procs have happened (don't worry about things like Baphomet's Might Boon or Gale of Retribution Boon etc as they just happen every now and then).

Then equip Aspect of the Serpent. When you have 2 stacks of Melee or Ranged AotS this gives you a bump in Crit chance for the 1st 2 Melee or Ranged Encounters/Dailies. For me this would be the heaviest hitting attacks in my line-up. Then when all stacks of AotS are used up in your rotation you will be left attacking with your non-buffed attacks.

At 80-85% there is a chance for my non-heavy attacks to hit and not Crit. When flying solo with my Companion my Power goes up to 52k in Combat... so 50% of this on a Non-Crit is pretty big, so this power would be higher when in a group buffed by other people :)
    From what I've noticed, the damage over time from PG is much greater compared to the Thorned roots, though it may not last as long. with PG at rank 3 the 'roots' cause roughly 24k damage each hit, and the Thorned roots from Hindering strike deal out 22k at 4. With the 20% increase when PG hits 4 I can only imagine it doing much greater damage. On the other hand, they can stack on each other and both deal out damage together. the only negitive aspect is that leaves 2 bow encounters with charges. so swiftness doesn't affect the range stance, but allows for more constant melee stance encounters.

What I've noticed with gushing is the bleed tick counts towards swiftness for ranged encounters. but can't really gauge any good encounters with high range damage
    I never use 2 Encounters with charges at the same time. It is either CoA/PG or Hindering Shot/Strike... never at the same time.

Don't forget though that Plant Growth has 4 ticks and always has 4 ticks... never more never less. Whereas Hindering applying Thorned Roots has anywhere between 7-11 ticks of root damage (depending on how much Control Bonus you have and whether Master Trapper is active).

Plant Growth has just been nerfed to hit only 5 targets so that is the same as Hindering Strike now. Hindering also has a chance to proc the Forestbond Feat etc due to the root mechincs, Plant Growth does not.

Edit... One other thing is Plant Growth wont ever proc the Thorned Roots Feat... Hindering Strike does, so you are not taking into account Control Immune targets who will get burst of damage from Thorned Roots instead of the ticks.
    Post edited by wdj40 on
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Control bonus doesn't affect root ticks anymore at least on PC. Master Trapper does
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Control bonus doesn't affect root ticks anymore at least on PC. Master Trapper does

Ah, yeah I`m not there yet... Mid October for me :)

Control Bonus must do something though in Mod 10, so what does it do now?
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Ah, yeah I`m not there yet... Mid October for me :)

Control Bonus must do something though in Mod 10, so what does it do now?
    Well, since HR control abilities haven't had any control effect since early mod 6, it's hard to say. Supposedly it lengthens control times but since it's impractical to get the bonus over 10% you'll find that the math is basically 0.1 seconds x 1.1 = 0.11 seconds.
  • Options

@rayrdan: so what rotation do you use for combat? Throw Caution, Gushing Wound and Thorned Strike?

@gabrieldourden yep
  • Options
    @rayrdan: thanks!