test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a big update coming before mod 11?

reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
Hi guys, was wondering if the devs have any big changes or update to the game before Mod 11 happens?

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Unlikely that anything big will be added before Mod 11. Removed, that's anyone's guess :smile:
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    It will update all of our characters to be KITTENS.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2016

removed..

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    More than likely we won't see any major changes until the new mod comes. So if you asked just to be sure if you can take a break from game. Go ahead and relax and do something else, sethe your smart phone to remind you to check back in a few months. Then hit snooze and chill for another month.

If anything changes before then you will see it here on forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it is "Hamster" now
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll do an M10.5 that brings QoL updates to professions, AH and guild, as well as Loyal gear and thief in the tradebar store as a response to the removal of the gateway. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    profession need full overhaul since those "dungeon kits" nodes nerfed.
    i assumed those professions when they reach 25th, the gathering amounts would be doubled and leadership need complete redo since astral diamonds got pulled out, leaving some gaps on missions.

let add new recipes for professions. i will discuss more ideas later, i need coffee, just woke up.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    mod 10.5 new companions kittens & hamsters. THAT IS ALL.
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Maybe some class rework?

And of course a new lockbox, slightly better premade characters, the new title "former gateway user", a PvP campaign completition token and a insignia refinement system.

Maybe they fix the GWF Unstoppable bug? No. But maybe the missing action animation of the Tenser disk...

Mod 11 will introduce the contemplated monk (divine, arcane and body paragon paths), faster than GWF, near as tanky as a GF able to heal himself. Together with at least five critical features/bugs it will rock everything. A new mount perfectly matching the monks needs and style (... must be a T-Rex). A campaign with campaign gear, campaign companion, campaign boons, campaign store. And the new Spellplaque Caverns.

c ya,
    Bellistor
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Would love to see the company suddenly acquire alot more dev hours to focus on real content now that the gateway is down but sadly I think we'll just end up with 6 months worth of nothing new and then another round of power changes to force more respec tokens, and then tangent gear gated behind recycled daily quests. A weeks worth of foundry level content added claimed to be worked on for months.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Announcement about this Soon™
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    panderus said:

o.O
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    panderus said:

And the big furry guy steps in and throws the Speculation-Grenade ....... BOOOOM! discuss
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    wait!, is that conspiracy grenade? wow, that lot to discuss.

big list.
    1. foundry
    2. profession kit nodes
    3. progession crafters & leadership that need full overhaul.
    4. how much remaining class balance left to do?
    5. invokings need new updates and better choice selections, ardent tokens not going anywhere, still unspended, some players are near 500 tokens capped.
    6. Gateway closing, what about companion gears and lightfoot thief?
    7. sharandar reward quest bugged.
    8. new optional "indoor strongholds" constructions, (banquet hall, meeting room, trophy room, and any other new rooms), for decoration purposes.
    9. what about unlocking one-time quests in older zones where most players never able to complete an armor set/appearance set when they got wrong class pieces and bounded to character, so they can repeat as many time we want.
    10. corpse loot drops is pure trash, please convert to "instant cash" when looted. problem with cluttered junks filling up packbags, and also less items from selling on AH to trick others thinking as quest items or to "Grief-flooding" PE's auction house zone as massive lag spikes.
    11. companion upgrade tokens should be primary, not those overflooded xp scrolls or books that not going anywhere, we have training runestone and they level the pets pretty fast.
    12. streamlined items that are unbounded, accounts, and characters, it's way too cluttered.
    13. reconstruct those merchant vendors, items are outdated, some items still doesnt belong in zen market. (example, life/revive scrolls so we can spend ardent tokens).
    14. revive mound upgrade token, i would recommemended cost of 350 ardent tokens, that almost a 1/2 half year of invokings.
    15. zen market need repricings, most players feel those are overpriced, any green/blue pets or mounds are either outdated or not on par with current base.
    16. last one on list, Black Ice crafter gauntlets are almost non-existance, we keep getting loads of unwanted Ice Gravels, and auction house are getting flooded needlessly, just please unlock stronghold mimic to eat excessive unwanted items.
    17. stronghold need other "excessive" for "Contunuing Constructions" sort of like "repairs", i see STO's Starbase operations with few other side constructions such as festival decoration repairs, resupply outposts for ammos, and how about "training centers for the crafters" when we dont need them. so we can get other marks while other are still active constructions, but we need other ways to disspose excessive items and we cant do it when other building needs were selected. those are non-rank constructions and can repeat many times.

that about it.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    panderus said:

Devs decided that the sentences in the chat being cutoff will take to much resources to fix and hence chat will be removed from the game.

(Sorry, but I had to)
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    b3llist0r said:

Mod 11 will introduce the contemplated monk (divine, arcane and body paragon paths), faster than GWF, near as tanky as a GF able to heal himself. Together with at least five critical features/bugs it will rock everything. A new mount perfectly matching the monks needs and style (... must be a T-Rex).

ooooh . . . . . . . . a D&D Ed 1 Monk (hard to level but godlike at higher levels), yes please. Immune to magic, immune to physical damage, immune to poison, immune to falling damage, immune to ranged attacks . . . . .hits like a truck . . . . . lol ahhh the good ol' days :smile:)

• Options
    due to too many resources fighting in game bots, you will be allowed to log in, but all physical movement is hindered with a captcha phrase every step.

Step 1.. are you human?
    Step 2. Are you sure?
    Step 3 Like seroiusly for real your alive?

and so on..

this solves all of thier issues, as a dual announcement of .. we have added EVEN more grindy dailies, just in case you were not bored of the ones we dumped last mod. We are well aware some of you found them fun, this has made us look bad, and as such we will triple the next set. If any of you at all find any of these fun, we will have to close the game down.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

panderus said:

And the big furry guy steps in and throws the Speculation-Grenade ....... BOOOOM! discuss
    It's likely just the continuation of the Module 10 campaign. If you look at the window, it clearly continues up another level.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

panderus said:

It's likely just the continuation of the Module 10 campaign. If you look at the window, it clearly continues up another level.
    THat means more grinding more boon ?
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016

panderus said:

THat means more grinding more boon ?
    This means more sad HAMSTER s

haha I love the HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ah there is a problem with the filter lol..
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    micky1p00 said:

panderus said:

Devs decided that the sentences in the chat being cutoff will take to much resources to fix and hence chat will be removed from the game.

(Sorry, but I had to)
    That is so annoying, I am going to make sure that is being tracked to be fixed right now.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    panderus said:

micky1p00 said:

panderus said:

(Sorry, but I had to)
    That is so annoying, I am going to make sure that is being tracked to be fixed right now.
    Thanks @panderus this issue is hugely annoying and hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to fix (you guys have encountered and defeated this particular demon before).

Maybe you could leave a comment in the but report thread too in order to quell some of the smoldering anxiety.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1222661/chat-wraparound-bug-is-ba
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    panderus said:

You could have written "I am going to make sure that is being tracked to be fixed right n"
    You left meme points on the table.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    panderus said:

micky1p00 said:

panderus said:

(Sorry, but I had to)
    Thank yo
  • Options
    two30 said:

panderus said:

You could have written "I am going to make sure that is being tracked to be fixed right n"
    You left meme points on the table.
    This is so much w

I wonder if anyone noticed this during internal t
    Seems like it would be hard to m
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    dupeks said:

Assuming they don't actually use in-game chat while testing, I think it would be the easiest thing to miss.

They're in a closed test environment, so there's none of the ambient chatter, and the system notifications that I tend to see as defaults on logging in are too short to get cut off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

dupeks said:

Assuming they don't actually use in-game chat while testing, I think it would be the easiest thing to miss.

They're in a closed test environment, so there's none of the ambient chatter, and the system notifications that I tend to see as defaults on logging in are too short to get cut off.
    Your explanation makes sense, but that's kind of a disappointment. It wouldn't be difficult to spin up a couple bots to generate chatter (and the irony would not be lost on anyone).

It's industry practice to test all of the core components of your product each time you make a big change, just to make sure nothing got inadvertently broken. I want to believe they do regression testing, but it seems like they leave out some pretty major game components. Given how critical the chat functionality is to the core of this game, perhaps it's time to include it in their regular QA test plan too. Especially since this issue has come up a couple times now.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

panderus said:

i hope its another class balance update, since we see none fixes for classess already "balanced"
This discussion has been closed.