Install Arc
Options

companions for tank

13»

Comments

• Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Shadow demon is much better than spellsword?

And what do you think about blacksmith for active commpanion on campagins?
    Post edited by cerberusforces on
  • Options
    abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    The demon deal a good amount of dmg as it use a power with 19k base dmg while sellsword do not deal so much dmg but has a good debuff on target defense when it's summoned.
    I suggest u to keep your AD instead of wasting them on blacksmith.
  • Options
    OK thx again, so i buy demon.
    Blacksmith is weak? Im talking with gf and some ppl use this companions. But nobody couldn't tell it is a good or nothing special "pet".
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

Buy a portal hound and you are welcome.

I don't believe you can buy it anymore. I don't see the Feywild pack in the store (maybe through Arc?), not in zen store and none on AH right now.
  • Options
    sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Heard legends 'bout Blink Doge w/ bondings.
    Used Iron Golem w/ all r8 runes giving owner pet ratings.
    Gained 1000 defense.
    Been happy.

EDIT: It was a Pewter Golem, good enough then.
    Post edited by sulajpl on
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Harper Bard is best for all GFs.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    "Harper Bard" maybe but it cost 5kk. If you play few months this price is absurd.
  • Options
    boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I like what the Harper Bard does. If I had to guess, I would say that it helps those running the knights captain set because of their low HP. Since I don't have either, nor the AD or desire for that gear.....I'll pass.

To me, these new rings and the new proc system for bonding are great. Everyone should be choosing their favorite companion with 3 ring slots. Now some may argue that none have all defensive slots for bondings, but I don't see the issue.

And here's why: all rings proc when you enter combat. Your companion needs only proc companion's gift once within 8 seconds....for +4 rings. Now you have 20 seconds worth of seriously strong stats. That's two frays worth!!!

I'm a conquerer spec SM, so I tested with a brutality, sudden defense and sudden crit. I sit on 50k power, 20k crit/83% and 45k defense in solo combat. And my enchants are garbage on my Con Artist. Rank 8's across the board. Maybe I'm missing something, but these numbers sure are fun. Sudden lifesteal/deflect are your other two options. Imagine the tankiness that would bring.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    For a very long time I have used the same five companions, ones that would help me survive. Before the Bonding cheese I used Ioun Stone of Might as summoned, along with Blacksmith, Leprechaun, Battlefield Medic and Honey Badger, which I now use as summoned because we no longer have to stack insane amounts of Defense. I love my Honey Badger :)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    guys (and gals), anyone know if the lillend procs bonding runestones?
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    indylol said:

Harper Bard is best for all GFs.

Not possible to get it on PC?

edit: nvm, just saw it was a 2 charge promotions a year ago.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The issue with all of those promotions , is when you look at them , your like MEH.. then something changes and viola a year later its like.. darnt.

Oh well, Im not about to drop crazy amount of zen , on maybe a chance that promotions get useful.

• Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

She does. She's also one of the only companions with three offensive slots + three ring slots.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    eion311 said:

lantern22 said:

She does. She's also one of the only companions with three offensive slots + three ring slots.
    Yeah that's why I was asking, not only does she have three offensive slots and three ring slots, you can pick up an epic for 220K AD - bargain.

Got one for my GF and it made a reasonably cheap offset for the fact that 3 out of 4 of my mythic Arties are defence based (which we don't really need so much anymore).
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    If you have some AD, but not a ton to spare, then yea an augment like the Goat is very good as the summoned companion for simple, reliable stat boost it'll give once ya give it good equips (like 'Loyal' gear) and runestones.

Someone mentioned it before, but the Sehanine Moonbow Priestess is nice as the summoned companion- esp for groups (and it can proc bonding runestones still). It gives you crit%, confuses CC_able enemies, and also lowers enemy crit rates. She can get killed pretty easily, though, since she tends to stand in the thick of it w/ you (partly cause her debuff and buff aura have a smaller radius, so they are better for melee units). The Priestess is bought w/ one of the packs in the Zen market (think its the Bahamut's Champion one), so you'd have to shell out for that, but that means it'll also unlock on all characters you make on that account.

Otherwise, you can make ur summoned companion focus more on dps (like w/ shadow demon) w/ bondings; this is the AD-expensive route. Or get a Yeti for a tanking pet (though its taunts could annoy other tanks). Golems are decent (and tend to be pretty cheap) too. For a while ya could get the basic companions at epic rank for ~70k AD (like the healer apprentice or man-at-arms), but their prices have gone up.

Active companion bonuses dun matter as much, imo. They can optimize a build, ofc, but typically you'd first want to focus on boosting ur own character's stats and gear. For most of my toons, I typically just fill spare active slots w/ Archons (fire, wind, earth), as they are pretty cheap at green quality, boost dmg in general, and if ya have lifesteal then more dmg also means stronger lifesteal procs (though its more for the archons being rel cheap ways to boost ur dps a bit when solo or when grinding). The Earth archon can also be a decent poor-man's tanking pet, though it tends to attack a bit slowly.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Yesterday i bought rust monster, i know some players said buff from this pet is weak but i try play with this companion.

Firs test today and yes this pet is weak. "Hypercorrosion" i dont see at all i dont know it's work or not. And rust monster die all time, 1 stronger hit and he die. Nothing special not recommend.

I upgraded my only repentant cultist to epic. Unlike the rust monster, his repeated stabs always apply the debuff now, and he can shrug off damage being a defender. His giant scroll will proc bonding stones from a distance so no worry about him having to get up close and dropping before getting a hit in.

Also generates no agro.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I upgraded my only repentant cultist to epic. Unlike the rust monster, his repeated stabs always apply the debuff now, and he can shrug off damage being a defender. His giant scroll will proc bonding stones from a distance so no worry about him having to get up close and dropping before getting a hit in.

Also generates no agro.

Yea this pet is good. Only issue i have with it, is that it has belt slot and 2 defensive slots which i dont need anymore :(

Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    does the lillend proc protector's camaraderie?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Can't see why she wouldn't. Are you having an issue?
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My current companions:

Man-At-Arm
    Shieldmaiden
    Watler
    Blacksmith
    Renegade Illusionist

Watler is my augment companion. Gear on him is pure defensive and the offensive rune stones I have recovery slotted. He is always out.

As for my other companions, I plan to get Blacksmith,Shieldmaiden and Man-At-Arms up to epic level for the active stat increases.

As for Renegade Illusionist, he will be replaced in due time.

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Yes they are good, the life steal in Bruenor's helm is meh, but there are builds around LS for GF here in the forum so it's a matter of taste i guess, if those builds work:
    Anyway next i would get a heart of white dragon, symbol of fire (best but ultra expensive), oghma's token, devoted sigil/Hearth of the red dragon, defender's banner in this order or avaliability.

OR!!!!

Bloodcrystal raven skull and make it your main artifact, i just cant live without it anymore xD.

Devoted Sigil is so OP. Full recovery of AP when epic. IMO, if you play an AP style build you have to get the Sigil of Devoted to EPIC.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    After speaking to a very knowledgeable GF I have replaced a couple of companions and intend more changes. My line-up is:

Dread Warrior (summoned)
    Honey Badger
    Blacksmith
    Pig
    Leprechaun

At some stage I'll get a Sylph (when the Druid class is released next, I hope so I can buy the Feywild pack to make a Moon Elf Druid <3 ) which will likely replace the Leprechaun.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    here my list:
    Bulette baby (best active bonus evah)
    dancing shield (summoned for 20% def debuff)
    chicken (dmg debuff and mov speed)
    rust monster (awesome debuffing power, proc very often)
    pvp dancing sword (def debuff on enemies)

while for conqueror build i prefer:
    Fire archon (summoned)
    air archon
    earth archon
    siege master
    stalwart lion
  • Options
    lirithiel said:

After speaking to a very knowledgeable GF I have replaced a couple of companions and intend more changes. My line-up is:

Dread Warrior (summoned)
    Honey Badger
    Blacksmith
    Pig
    Leprechaun

At some stage I'll get a Sylph (when the Druid class is released next, I hope so I can buy the Feywild pack to make a Moon Elf Druid <3 ) which will likely replace the Leprechaun.</p>

tested Blacksmith some days ago in FBI and it has done only 230k dmg on 15m dmg recived.... switched with the sword that can be obtained for 14k glory which has a good debuff
  • Options
    xaansteelxaansteel Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I like black ice prospector, increased aggro when summoned, works well with bonding runestones (frequent striker), not very expensive, and is a fellow dwarf :P
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    xaansteel said:

I like black ice prospector, increased aggro when summoned, works well with bonding runestones (frequent striker), not very expensive, and is a fellow dwarf :P

according to the tool tip, the threat generation is an active bonus that applies to your summoned companion, not to self.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin