test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like Domination Solo permanently on que list?

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
Simply as it is, question like in the title.

I think community enjoyed this week long PvP season was far more resonable for most than whats going on in regular PvP queue if you happen to go there solo.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Would you like Domination Solo permanently on que list? 135 votes

Yes I'd like Domination Solo Queue premanently implemented
94%
sabre10guille23mxsuicideblondeuvkingdomkey2daniloslvzebularkvetdrakkon5freewareebellkazisantralafaxs1ngervolzhenin1kolatmastervinceent1drkbodhidll32exeayrouxsand140986bittynation 127 votes
No I don't want it.
0%
wyrd88 1 vote
I don't care, whatever.
5%
kreatyveclonkyo1icyphishpauliusxasmiyanaacrizpynutzindylol 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Yes , it is a great initiative bring it back asap pls !!

Any idea when we can expect solo q to be a permanent feature ?
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yes. Solo Q was a great week, and now there is a giant gaping pvp hole in my life.

Solo queuing this week in the normal Q has been the usual soul-destroying grind of meeting the same premade x times in a row, immortal DCs and OPs sitting on nodes, and one-rotation GFs.

Please bring Solo Q back full time, it's an utterly no-brainer good idea.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Oddly enough... the PvP bots did not get the message. If you look at the instances... they are full of basic named characters without guilds. Last night between Hotenow and Rivenscar there were over 180 bots.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    Im voting yes... however I want to make a clarification.

I think they need THREE que systems actually.

1) Solo Q ranked
    2) Premade Q ranked
    3) FFA Lobby System - unranked

1) Would be the week long event. Only solo Q. Q up for PVP. These games impact your leaderboard.
    2) Premade Q ranked - same idea. Get 5. Que for PVP. This impacts its own leaderboard.
    3) What others have asked for - the lobby system to do inhouses. You enter a "lobby" via the Que system or just an invite. When its 5v5 and people are happy with teams, you go into the PVP match, its un ranked with NO rewards. Just a put "fun" game.

This appeals to ALL types of players that do PVP in NW. Also you should allow people to Que up for Solo and Premade at once.

A player in a party should be able to solo Q, and premade Q. If the solo Q pops, it takes ONLY that player into Domination. If the premade Q pops it takes his entire party into domination.

The FFA lobby system will just connect you with any open lobby that is available. You also might want to make a "private" option for this. Enter a lobby and make it "private" so you can invite anyone you want, rather than having randoms enter when Qued.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    There are a couple of things I think are noteworthy about the solo Q environment that should be addressed and/or brought to light.

Firstly, they have got to get rid of the ELO method of matchmaking, it's gawd awful and frequently matches what might as well be a premade group of 4k's against a group with 1 4k and 4 2k IL players against each other. This is because the ELO system is a completely horrible method of ranking players. You can simply scan the first few pages of the leaderboard and realize that players are not ranked in terms of their effectiveness in PVP.

Secondarily, I found it very interesting that many of the players who were writing frequently, here on the forums, in favor of the solo Q as a more "balanced" solution were then running around with their BIS characters with drains and rings in solo Q and having the time of their lives wrecking pugs unopposed. It was quite comical to catch them out doing their "thing" and pointing it out to them. It will be balanced they said, it will be more fun with no premades they said... Remember that when they're draining and one shotting you with no fear or wrecking your whole team and running away because there is noone on your team to combat them in solo Q. Ulterior motives much?

However overall, I'm a fan at this point of anything different that involves PVP. Whatever gets people interested and involved is fine by me.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Yes. Even people that don't pvp or don't care should say yes because it's a positive improvement to the game.

Besides, I got to play a match on @tolkienbuff 's team for a change! Heh
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Firstly, they have got to get rid of the ELO method of matchmaking

Is that how it works?

Based on my subjective experience it felt like solo Q was just filling in matches according to the order folks queued up, and not making any effort to balance the resulting teams. (I even asked a group of 5 PVP guilders that curbstomped me a few matches in a row, and they admitted to sync-queueing the solo Queue to increase the odds of landing on the same team).

I absolutely think that solo Q is a move in the right direction. I would like to see it return, maybe with some team balance enhancements.

• Options
    neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    even though i feel there was still some abuse with sync teams like old shs or gg pvp i have to say it was not bad at all... should make it permanent and bring back the combat league. oh and while ure at it maybe change the drop rate of scrimshaw trophies for iwd pvp because i haven't seen one in a year or more...
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    dupeks said:

Firstly, they have got to get rid of the ELO method of matchmaking

Is that how it works?

Based on my subjective experience it felt like solo Q was just filling in matches according to the order folks queued up, and not making any effort to balance the resulting teams. (I even asked a group of 5 PVP guilders that curbstomped me a few matches in a row, and they admitted to sync-queueing the solo Queue to increase the odds of landing on the same team).

I absolutely think that solo Q is a move in the right direction. I would like to see it return, maybe with some team balance enhancements.

I ended up both with and against guildmates when we all Q'd. We weren't intentionally trying to "sync Q" however there were multiple times when I was on my HR or DC and was the only player greater than 2.5K on my team and came up against 3-5 BIS players on the other team from my own guild mixed with other BIS players from other guilds.

From what I have seen your ELO rating or ranking on the Leaderboard jumps massively from match to match. You may be rank 56, go into a winning match and come out on the other side rank 465. The issue here is that if the game is using the ranking to put together teams then they will never be balanced at all. Sometimes people on the first page have played 3 matches and lost all three with nothing but deaths, yet people on page 300 have thousands of kills and less than a hundred deaths. Thus when it balances by this method you wind up with teams that are worse than poorly balanced.

Tbh though, even if you're correct and the Queue system just filled the teams with whoever happened to Q at the moment, you'd still wind up with the same issue. So regardless of how the system is working (there is a certain amount of guesswork as the Devs are not forthcoming, as usual, about how they matchmake) they need to rework it. The matchmaking system in this game is THE WORST of any game I've ever seen or played.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    kvet said:

Yes. Even people that don't pvp or don't care should say yes because it's a positive improvement to the game.

Besides, I got to play a match on @tolkienbuff 's team for a change! Heh

\m/

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    YES pls bring back solo queue permanently! :)

i'll pause for the moment, i guess...
    solo queue is easy to implement, it has been there, it was fine
    i got my new gear ready
    and after this i don't feel like going back to total unbalance,
    being rofl stomped
    and standing around
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Even though I don't PvP anymore, this is a feature I have long advocated for, along with being able to do a Premade vs. Premade only queue as well. Despite that I don't like there being PVP in a D&D Game, I do feel it has a place and a playerbase for it. If there is going to be PvP in an MMO, having a proper PvP system only improves the game overall. Either do it right, or take it out and this was a great leap in the right direction.
  • Options
    superfunx#3388 superfunx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please just bring back the solo q asap ! The improvements can be made as we go along ...no need to delay :)
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    morenthar said:

jonkoca said:

Yes. Solo Q was a great week, and now there is a giant gaping pvp hole in my life.

Yeah, after my experiences today, I'm done until solo queue comes back. I've run into too many sociopaths running 2 Paladin groups and drains.

I think it is hilarious that some of the people that demonized GB for using drains after we were the first to get them, are now themselves using drains. I told you all the hypocrisy has no bounds in the PvP world.
    Some of us still don't use drains, buddy.
  • Options
    quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    That's a big YES from me, and I didn't even get to try it out on the PC (playing exclusively on the PS4 now).

Anything to improve the PvP environment with the player base gets my overwhelming support. I hope they bring it to the console platforms as well. I don't see why they wouldn't, since it seemed like a major hit with the players and brought new life to the PvP scene. Seems like a no-brainer.
  • Options
    pr0gr4mm3rpr0gr4mm3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yes, should be permanent.
    Best pvp change imo, would be to remove any AD gain, so we don't get those who just come for their daily dose of AD, no enchantments, nothing, just in a hurry to get "gg" and trade caps: ruins games. There should be no gain in "trading caps". Boring.
  • Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

Yes, should be permanent.
    Best pvp change imo, would be to remove any AD gain, so we don't get those who just come for their daily dose of AD, no enchantments, nothing, just in a hurry to get "gg" and trade caps: ruins games. There should be no gain in "trading caps". Boring.

Ugh. Once more into the breach... are some players using PvP as a means to gather quick AD? Sure. & then there are the rest of us. The PUG's that are trying to get better. How do you get better @ PvP. Win matches, earn glory. How do you win matches? Spend glory, get better gear. Are you starting to see a trend yet? Please, for the love of Oghma... if you are gonna advocate for the removal of PvP rewards for capping.... offer up a better idea to put glory in the bags of all the pugs that spend most of the match running back & forth between the campfire & the circles of 0ne-shot death!

• Options
    pr0gr4mm3rpr0gr4mm3r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User

if you are gonna advocate for the removal of PvP rewards for capping.... offer up a better idea to put glory in the bags of all the pugs that spend most of the match running back & forth between the campfire & the circles of 0ne-shot death!

It's probably been suggested before, but I'm not a forum dweller. An "epic" pvp, for only 3k+? + Maybe even a "master" pvp, for 4k+?
    Gauntlgrym is a joke - haven't been there in a year. It's always 10 guildies 4k vs lvl 60-70 "pugs" & 2 or 3 brave 3k+ just trying to kill NPCs or reviving for the sake of campaign..
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    pls, pls, pls.

but you should not put 2 similar or healing/tanking classes in one match.

because 2 DC's from each side is too much.
    2 HR is also bad, they just running together and kill everyone.

i seen a match with 2 SW's from each side - it was like - crossed shots deaths.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hell yes, most fun I have had in months is in the solo PvP Queue.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    There's still a lot of balancing that needs doing - but solo queue is still WAY more fun than the normal one.
  • Options
    Oops, meant to add: Make a solo queue option for GG and double the glory and AD awards from it to promote ppl queuing for it. Twice the time, twice the ppl, twice the reward. Seems fair, eh @panderus ??
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kvet said:

Oops, meant to add: Make a solo queue option for GG and double the glory and AD awards from it to promote ppl queuing for it. Twice the time, twice the ppl, twice the reward. Seems fair, eh @panderus ??

That's what GG was like back in Mods 6-7, before it became a pre-made playground. Except for the double rewards. :smile: