test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Issues, 8/22 (Update: All Platforms Now Up!)

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
We're aware the game server is currently not available for players on all three platforms: PC, XBOX, and PS4. All other Server Issues threads have been closed to consolodate any updates in one place. Please refrain from making new topics on this, thanks!

Update 6:22pm (Pacific): We're aware of the server issues and are currently investigating.

Update 7:28pm (Pacific): Our wizards are still looking into the issues. It may take more than an hour before the servers come back up.

Update 8:26pm (Pacific): It looks like dark magic has made its way into our servers. It may take up to two more hours for the servers to come back up.

Update 9:39pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the XBOX servers! (The NWXbox servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPS4 and NWPC.)

Update 9:51pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the PS4 servers! (The NWXbox and PS4 servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPC.)

Update 10:00pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the PC servers. All platforms are once again up and running. We apologize for the inconvenience!

As a reminder to our XBOX and PS4 Communities: Your regularly scheduled maintenances will happen tomorrow on 8/23. Please see the following threads for further information:

Scheduled Maintenance [8/23] (PS4)
Scheduled Maintenance [8/23] (XBOX)

Edit note: Thread will remain open for chit-chat and general non-sense until tomorrow (8/23) afternoon.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Fair enough.
    Thoughts on source of crash?
  • Options
    dajoulzdajoulz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    damn man, here goes my tightly scheduled dailies run -__-
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    May want to put the correct month so the post seems valid.
  • Options
    spritemysticspritemystic Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    This forum is full of time Travellers.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Fair enough.

Someone evoked instead of invoked. Fire, ash, and a beholder familiar... all I can smell is oranges.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Wizards said:

UPDATE 8:26PM PT: It looks like dark magic has made its way into our servers. It may take up to two more hours for the servers to come back up.

I appreciate the continued communication. And the optimism in "up to two more" compared to "may take more than an hour".

It's a frustrating time for this to happen as it's prime time for most of the USA. Any chance they'd be able to let us know what's up? Even a vague "hardware failure" or "malicious attacker" or "unforeseen memory interaction" would be nice. /rablerablerable

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    They replaced server hamsters with a pikachu. .. things got fried!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    Update 8:26pm (Pacific): It looks like dark magic has made its way into our servers. It may take up to two more hours for the servers to come back up.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Ouch! Many thanks for the communication, though; it's much appreciated.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    whyirishman#2513 whyirishman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    All VIP should get one more key, just saying.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Question is, what will happen to our VIP keys? Today was my last key, and was not going to be able to renew for about a month. So have I lost my last key?
  • Options
    meerlingmeerling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    zebular said:

Fair enough.

Someone evoked instead of invoked. Fire, ash, and a beholder familiar... all I can smell is oranges.
    LoL :lol: Are you sure the Summon Login Portal didn't crit fail a Knowledge Planes check again?

Although I should have found these forums first. My search for the symptoms I was seeing didn't find anything except uninstall/reinstall so I wasted a ton of bandwidth doing that, and now I find a post about 'server issues'. :disappointed:
    I guess I must have started having the problem right at the beginning and missed all the talk about it. Or the symptoms of a black window with the text "Loading Please Wait" when trying to load the launcher isn't sufficient to find this thread, despite that being my symptom. Of course now, the launcher autoupdate won't connect and gives up after 5 failed tries to connect.
    But maybe my mentioning it here will make it show up for anyone else that has the issue and doesn't know what's going on.
    By the way, I have the game installed via Steam.
    I hope this is resolved soon, so until them, I guess I'll have to go watch some anime or something.
  • Options
    jaredjamesr#5784 jaredjamesr Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @whyirishman#2513 said:
    > All VIP should get one more key, just saying.

^^^^^ This.... I worked a 13 hour day.... looking forward to winning a griffon... now that has been stolen from me.
    - Xia Defeather | 16k DODC -
    - Medieval Militia PS4 -
  • Options

> @whyirishman#2513 said:

> All VIP should get one more key, just saying.

^^^^^ This.... I worked a 13 hour day.... looking forward to winning a griffon... now that has been stolen from me.

All VIPS get a free Griffin?
  • Options
    zebular said:

Fair enough.

This is interesting....
    Is there more than just the words here, or am I over analyzing?

• Options
    whyirishman#2513 whyirishman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I didn't get to use my key I don't think, I didn't stay up that late, and this wasn't working when i got off work. Doubt i'll see it start working, and may not get to play much tomorrow with the scheduled maintenance.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Hm... What rhymes with oranges...
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    doomsday#7755 doomsday Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Wish they would do something for VIP who cant get items and do daily for AD. basically waiting for server to come back but need to go to sleep soon to wake up and goto work at 6 AM est :(

on a side note ... i do find the server updates entertaining :)
    Neverwinter on xbox one Gamertag : SeverePinkeye

Current Characters:
    Kimchi - Guardian Fighter(Main)
    Sushi - Great Weapons fighter
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    agree, it would be really nice if us vippers got an a free key tomorrow.
    I havent been able to claim mine and its getting late, i didnt sleep much and had a cray busy day, ill probably pass out prior to the server being back up :neutral:
  • Options
    bannsidhe67bannsidhe67 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So are servers even gonna be back up before patch?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Update 9:39pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the XBOX servers! (The NWXbox servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPS4 and NWPC.)
  • Options
    Any word on PS4?
  • Options

Any word on PS4?

The NWXbox servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPS4 and NWPC.

• Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    zebular said:

Update, 10:39pm PT: XBOX is currently up.

Zebular can see into the future...

being that it's only 9:46pm PST

• Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    zebular said:

Update 10:39pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the XBOX servers! (The NWXbox servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPS4 and NWPC.)

But it's 9:39pm PST.. come back from the future!
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    Ty posted that before they edited.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

zebular said:

Update, 10:39pm PT: XBOX is currently up.

Zebular can see into the future...

being that it's only 9:46pm PST

kanenan said:

zebular said:

Update 10:39pm (Pacific): Our wizards have restored the portals to the XBOX servers! (The NWXbox servers are back up! Still awaiting NWPS4 and NWPC.)

But it's 9:39pm PST.. come back from the future!
    Time is so tricky... and addicting... I still smell oranges....**says the chronomancer wildly sniffing the air as he wanders off**
  • Options
    vasaanxyvasaanxy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I kinda find it a little odd that they'd get xbox back up, first, when you'd think PC, where the game started, would get attention first. Oh well. So much for my plans to level.
This discussion has been closed.