2»

Comments

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    valwryn said:

The end of the pier at (473,1943) is still not block'd off. :o

Yeah, I just found that out!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Assuming that the upgraded Winter Festival fishing rods increase the chance of getting higher-scoring fish, then it's counter-productive to use an upgraded fishing rod if you're trying to complete the fishing achievement. The achievement requires 200 fish, so it's better to find low-scoring fish to delay hitting the 200-score cap and having to wait for the next quest cycle.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    Feedback: Achievements: I'm a Lumberjack & Maer Dualdon Fisherman
    It's possible to complete each of these achievements in a single day. Accept the daily quest, complete it, abandon it before turning it in, re-accept the quest, complete it, abandon it, repeat. I'm not sure this is intended. However it does make the disincentive to use an upgraded fishing pole less of an issue.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't think there's any need to balance grindable achievements around players who just want to complete them all ASAP (even console players who are really... uh... motivated by them). For people who don't place a lot of importance on them, they happen when they happen. For people who do put that much significance on them, they'll figure out whatever tricks they need to in order to meet their goal. If someone really wants to spend their time dropping and reacquiring a quest so they can keep fishing until they catch 200, more power to them. It sounds exhausting to me.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Is there a title with these achievements? It doesn't say on the Journal. Also....looks like maybe a new Ice Race this Winter or they just added an achievement for the old one. :)
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Feedback
    Using the regular fishing pole I was only able to catch 160/200 in the smaller fishing area (NW corner of the map)... small gripe but I can see it becoming a point of frustration. I waited around and the interacts never returned in that area. Even if the instance numbers are kept low I would suggest having the fishing spots respawn on a short timer, similar to the ice fishing holes in the winter festival.

Bug:
    Fishing interact at coordinates 817,1419 having you casting towards the forest with your back to the water.
    Today running this quest, I DID NOT get any Pirate ambush. Usually I get about 3. Lucky Me!!!
    The Hole at the end of the Pier is now capped.

Bummer, I was all set to tell everyone that they will get a title if they can jump to the small boat.
    >:)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    valwryn said:

The Hole at the end of the Pier is now capped.

Bummer, I was all set to tell everyone that they will get a title if they can jump to the small boat.
    >:)

@valwryn come on stop to spoil things, its not even the first time
  • skullface1884fskullface1884f Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Feedback: Training Day quest NPC is complete rubbish. Constantly fails quest and dissapears even if you barely leave their side, stay on trail, they don't get attacked etc. I've failed to reach the first waypoint about 9 times now and I'm even walking slowly.
    Metus - Black Lotus
    4k Scourge Warlock
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Confirmed, Training Day fails all the time, some guessing that if the next person speaks with his/her trainee the previous one simply fails the quest - even with an unharmed trainee not too far from the character.
    The Trainee is trigger happy. If ya get close to a mob, the trainee will attack. There is a route one can take with a mount to avoid most of the mobs and pass the quest. This quest is both easy to fail and pass..........ya just have to figure it out. ;)
    valwryn said:

This quest is both easy to fail and pass..........ya just have to figure it out. ;)

No, there is no figuring it out. I failed it 1 second after getting the Trainee. It's bugged. If you're lucky, you can race to the 3 spots before the bug fails you. If you're not lucky, you don't get any campaign progress for the day.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

Thanks for the feedback so far. This zone goes against the grain of typical zones. We wanted Lonelywood to give a sense of wonder and exploration through the environment. By having lots of hills and a lot of covered sight lines to encourage players to go off the beaten path. Really wanted it to feel like you can get lost exploring and wandering, lending to this locations name.

That's a nice thought. Unfortunately, the quest 'Training Day' goes completely against your described intentions. Potential bugs aside, the only way to complete it is to get on your fastest mount and ride to and through the three checkpoints with the trainee running along behind as quickly as the game allows. No time to look around, take in the scenery or explore. Just ride flat out and hope you don't get the red mission failed message at any point along the route. I have just spent a frustrating afternoon and part of my evening getting my three characters through this incredibly annoying quest.