What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Balance: Guardian Fighter

124»

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They probably could. They most likely won't. You got your use of the ability as it was. You now have to figure out the best use of your character from here on out.

I haven't looked at how it will affect my GF because I have been busy working on two other characters. As for "chiming in" it is an open board. Anyone is free to make comment so long as they stay within the rules. Maybe you should take some time to read them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

They probably could. They most likely won't. You got your use of the ability as it was. You now have to figure out the best use of your character from here on out.

I haven't looked at how it will affect my GF because I have been busy working on two other characters. As for "chiming in" it is an open board. Anyone is free to make comment so long as they stay within the rules. Maybe you should take some time to read them.

Funny I call you out for the 1 line HAMSTER head comments, and then you elaborate. I understand the game changes. I don't understand why they reimburse for some things when they nerf, and on others, they type a line on the patch update and deal with it. The game has still never posted a GF character balance article like they did for HR or SW. I found out towards end of July, 10 days after they posted the article here. They don't want feedback. On the 3k zerg channel, GF's were asked for consistently to do CN. Today, hardly at all. They made it more playable as a DPS solo character, and crippled them in a group. Now the 6 sec OP buff for party, is by far the in demand tank in CN. And your comment was very easy to understand. You were being an HAMSTER, saying so what. I play consistently with groups, and the GWF is even stronger now. How does that balance the game. Eventually they will nerf the bondings, and say like the indomitable, only the best one applies. Trying to fix the little problems, like ITF being "too strong", instead of fixing the Bondings procing 285% in 1 move, is not fixing anything. And nerfing skills for specifically PVP play says it all as to who the game listens to.
  • Options
    ke1noke1no Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    some of you need to go read the patch notes first before coming here to complain.
    and change your build/skills. (yes we need a free respec)

GF has improved a lot and will still be in high demand for any content.
    you say there was no demand for gf's today ? there was no demand for anyone because everyone
    is playing the new mod, durr...

dps on a lot of our skills went up so even if you are a tact or prot that should be noticable.
    also. slot steel grace, hit itf and start running. then tell me what you need lunging strike for.

im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense.
    i did not enjoy being a full defense turtle and hitting immunity every 6 secs.
    i had switched to conq because of that a while ago and enjoy it much more but its good to
    see a tact or prot can now choose how to build after hitting the def cap.

there have always been complaints from defensive tanks they cant kill anything solo.
    congrats dps went up and you can now stack power after hitting defense cap.

you want to improve your ''tankiness'' ?
    congrats you can now stack recovery and hit FR every few secs or stack LS, deflect whatever you want.

it really gives you a lot more freedom to build how you want to build so look at the bright side.

some of the skill changes are great so please.... read your skills and more importantly try them out before you cry foul and/or give up on the GF

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ke1no said:

dps on a lot of our skills went up so even if you are a tact or prot that should be noticable.
    also. slot steel grace, hit itf and start running. then tell me what you need lunging strike for.

im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense.

In my opinion you contradict yourself within 100 characters in an extreme way. Just an observation. I have not played my GF since Tuesday as I still expect my GWF to have no issues with the difficult content. And I expect my GF to take forever to kill 10 wolves.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options

ke1no said:

In my opinion you contradict yourself within 100 characters in an extreme way. Just an observation. I have not played my GF since Tuesday as I still expect my GWF to have no issues with the difficult content. And I expect my GF to take forever to kill 10 wolves.
    +1
    A person already admitting they were going DPS route liked the changes...NO HAMSTER.
    "im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense."
    So now build around half HAMSTER DPS skills. And not tank. I have a GWF alt for that.
    " then tell me what you need lunging strike for"
    Because it was one of the hardest hitting encounters with one of the best recharge speeds. Also gave 50% damage resist for a few secs. And everytime you get knocked back, you could jump back in. But then again, you want to DPS, not tank, so why bother. Slot steel and start running, lmao.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    stark760 said:

ke1no said:

+1
    A person already admitting they were going DPS route liked the changes...NO ****.
    "im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense."
    So now build around half **** DPS skills. And not tank. I have a GWF alt for that.
    Because it was one of the hardest hitting encounters with one of the best recharge speeds. Also gave 50% damage resist for a few secs. And everytime you get knocked back, you could jump back in. But then again, you want to DPS, not tank, so why bother. Slot steel and start running, lmao.
    i was already a conq way before the changes and had prot and tact builds before that.
    you seem to think a tact build increases your defenses somehow. you should read your feats.
    conq's that are at the def cap can tank anything and i do tank everything just fine.
    you add buffs/survivability to your party. i add dps.
    both are viable as a pve tank and both are desirable for dungeon runs

if you think gf skills have half **** dps you should really check again. gf's can put out massive dmg.
    the skills are half **** when you stack only defense... no **** ?
    even when i had a defensive tact build i had enough power to kill things solo

lunging strike one of the hardest hitting encounters ? LOL no it wasnt people only used it to keep up with their party in dg's. yes it gives 50% DR when you are already at the CAP.... you have been using that for naught. and if you think it increased itf dmg buff... think again. that did not work.

on steel grace... lets be honest you have no points in steel grace. most people didnt before mod 10
    just try it.

you say you use lunging strike to get back into the fight when you get knocked back (blocking also a good idea) steel grace gives you 17.5% runspeed that stacks with ITF runspeed. you dont need to lunge at anything when you have the fastest runspeed of any class. it also adds deflect and crit wich are hard to stack on a GF so that is a great addition to our class. you really need to get away from steel defense immunity and start to you know.... tank.
    Post edited by ke1no on
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I predict steel grace + ITF will be the next nerf focus in PVP, since a tank should not have double speed of a strikerclass...

I am pure prot tree plus some points in tact, i don't have any issues with content killing stuff in mod 9. Compared to my Faithfull DC he is a DPS monster.. :smile:

I gonna get my respec token soon.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10124273-patch-notes:-nw.65.20160801c.9

What's your favorite farming mobs?
    ITF, line breaker assault, enforced threat plus some WMS?
    Some advice before i spend into wrong powers please.
    Thx

About tanking...guarded assault plus offhand feat plus some lifesteal and I am fine i hope......plus steel grace.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

What's your favorite farming mobs?

ITF, line breaker assault, enforced threat plus some WMS?

Some advice before i spend into wrong powers please.

Still going with lunging strike over lba, it completly messes my position and next attacks.

• Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    You guys are top deeps, rejoice. While I go puke in my mouth. lololol
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    ke1no said:

stark760 said:

ke1no said:

+1
    A person already admitting they were going DPS route liked the changes...NO ****.
    So now build around half **** DPS skills. And not tank. I have a GWF alt for that.
    i was already a conq way before the changes and had prot and tact builds before that.
    you seem to think a tact build increases your defenses somehow. you should read your feats.
    conq's that are at the def cap can tank anything and i do tank everything just fine.

if you think gf skills have half **** dps you should really check again. gf's can put out massive dmg.

lunging strike one of the hardest hitting encounters ? LOL no it wasnt people only used it to keep up with their party in dg's. yes it gives 50% DR when you are already at the CAP.... you have been using that for naught. and if you think it increased itf dmg buff... think again. that did not work.

on steel grace... lets be honest you have no points in steel grace. most people didnt before mod 10
    just try it.

you say you use lunging strike to get back into the fight when you get knocked back (blocking also a good idea) steel grace gives you 17.5% runspeed that stacks with ITF runspeed. you dont need to lunge at anything when you have the fastest runspeed of any class. it also adds deflect and crit wich are hard to stack on a GF so that is a great addition to our class. you really need to get away from steel defense immunity and start to you know.... tank.

Tank....from the DPS build. LMAO
  • Options
    stark760 said:

ke1no said:

stark760 said:

ke1no said:

+1

just try it.

Tank....from the DPS build. LMAO
    the dps build that doesnt need steel defense to tank....

probably best you reroll a pally and play that like a doorstop
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Whilst I don't agree with all the changes that have been made and yeah I'm a bit PO'd that we need to reorganise our stats around but there are a lot of ppl here blowing things out of proportion.

ITF was nerfed hard, yes, but we got some extra DPS added to Enforced Threat.

ET had the numbers of mobs it affects reduced, so what how often are you trying to aggro more than 10 at a time anyway (<1% of the time I would say).

Anvil still does 2x damage, its just half is DOT. So what.

Tide of Iron got nuked for party play, but its still the same for solo (ie. dailies), and we can still debuff in parties using Crushing Pin, if feated.

As for steel defence, well I've always played an Iron Vanguard so I've never had Steel Defence and I've done just fine, same with all the other IV's out there. I'm sure all the SMs will learn to deal without the 50% + uptime immunity. Use the shield, it works pretty good.

GF's are still getting asked to be in parties, maybe not exclusively but that is a good thing as there needs to be a role for OP's in the game as well.

Yeah doing dailies etc. takes a little longer now, but I'm thankful that the DPS nerf wasn't as hard as some ppl were asking for. GF is a tank class, so we should expect to take longer killing things. Whilst the class may suck a bit for solo play, the flip side is that it is much much easier to get into Pug runs with a tank class, I normally have queues pop almost instantly (although I haven't really done much since Tuesday because im running the new dailies on alts)

It ain't the end of the world.

• Options
    lantern22 said:

Whilst I don't agree with all the changes that have been made and yeah I'm a bit PO'd that we need to reorganise our stats around but there are a lot of ppl here blowing things out of proportion.

ET had the numbers of mobs it affects reduced, so what how often are you trying to aggro more than 10 at a time anyway (

I've been finished with solo content for some time. I do it for refinement and to help others in my guild, but otherwise I respec'd as a dungeon runner mainly. Almost every dungeon, with exception of eLOL, has multiple times where GWF's and others try to aggro and run to boss. Now ET is noticeably not marking everyone. Less than 1%? I'd say every part of VT has more than 10 in 1 spot. Prophecy and Throne skirmishes, both have more than 10. Most of the other dungeons do too. I don't care about the DPS. It's a tank class, just like you said. And they took away key parts of the tank, and made him better at DPS. I'll be able to fight through, I'll be around 3.75 item level after this x2 refinement. But for people that are in between 1.8k and 2.5k, the solo content will be unplayable.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    stark760 said:

I've been finished with solo content for some time. I do it for refinement and to help others in my guild, but otherwise I respec'd as a dungeon runner mainly. Almost every dungeon, with exception of eLOL, has multiple times where GWF's and others try to aggro and run to boss. Now ET is noticeably not marking everyone. Less than 1%? I'd say every part of VT has more than 10 in 1 spot. Prophecy and Throne skirmishes, both have more than 10. Most of the other dungeons do too. I don't care about the DPS. It's a tank class, just like you said. And they took away key parts of the tank, and made him better at DPS. I'll be able to fight through, I'll be around 3.75 item level after this x2 refinement. But for people that are in between 1.8k and 2.5k, the solo content will be unplayable.

Fair enough about VT etc. I don't run those very often so didn't really think about that but VT has heaps of mobs when you run through a deliberately group them. But if the GWF's want to run through and aggro everything, so what? Maybe the Dev's want to up the risk for squishies when we run through dungeons and mass group the mobs - maybe that's not such a bad thing, makes it more interesting.

Why will the solo content be unplayable - cause it takes a bit longer? DR and shield are still working same as always. TBH except for a reasonable reduction in DPS I haven't noticed any difference in tankyness (admittedly I'm 3.3K il) so solo stuff should be just as easy, just a bit more boring.

What key parts of the tank did they take away? If it's steel defence then ppl really shouldn't need that to tank this stuff (although haven't tried fangbreaker yet).

Also I've just respecced and, cause we don't have to stack DR higher than 80% anymore, I've been able to boost up my Crit so that's mitigated the DPS nerf a fair bit.

Personally the boost to ET DPS made a big difference to the solo playability for the GF for levelling toons, and as a class I think we need to thank the Devs for that. Still don't like the nerf to Tide of Iron tho :( and I keep hitting lunging strike when it is still on cool down :(
  • Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    "im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense"
    it's your opinion for me gf now is boring, its the worst class now
    I hope so a lot of gf end his game because cryptic deceived us.
  • Options

"im very happy with the changes because i hated being forced to build around ITF and steel defense"
    it's your opinion for me gf now is boring, its the worst class now
    I hope so a lot of gf end his game because cryptic deceived us.

yes i thought it was pretty clear that that is my opinion.

i think once people get around to changing their build and realize that with more power/crit
    they can solo easily and still do everything they could before, the class will be fine.

theres no deception going on, they are free to change it however they feel it should be. as with
    any mmo this stuff happens and has happened to a lot of classes.
    just because your old build doesnt work (for you) anymore doesnt mean the class doesnt work anymore
    or is therefore any less. you need to adapt to change.
    stark760 said:

lantern22 said:

ET had the numbers of mobs it affects reduced, so what how often are you trying to aggro more than 10 at a time anyway (

yes its a tank class and it still does that just fine... you dont care about dps but i dont think you realize how much dmg helps your threat. and as far as dps running ahead, when i run dungeons with steel grace on they cant run ahead of me and i keep agro just fine. what i hit with ET and WMS stays on me. defender companions dont even take agro from me. and im at the defense cap.
    does that not sound like a tank to you ?
    threat is a non issue for me, i hit stuff i have agro.

solo content for lower IL players will be better if we stop telling them to put everything into defense.
    base dmg on certain skills went way up. 30% of way more base dmg + power that used to be in def = better than 300% of low dmg + no power. this is based on my own testing on preview doing many respecs and gear changes trying different configurations. i did not do any math on this. IMHO the class has improved and on live changing no gear my dps is higher. why is it that mine is higher and yours is lower ? because i have power.
    that is the most important part in that equation and there is no reason why you cannot have it aswell.
    or any low IL for that matter.

i understand you dont believe me but, im very happy with my GF and i can run anything as either tank or dps.
    give it a try and change your build.

i honestly hope you will enjoy your GF again.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Funny I call you out for the 1 line **** head comments, and then you elaborate. I understand the game changes. I don't understand why they reimburse for some things when they nerf, and on others, they type a line on the patch update and deal with it. The game has still never posted a GF character balance article like they did for HR or SW. I found out towards end of July, 10 days after they posted the article here. They don't want feedback. On the 3k zerg channel, GF's were asked for consistently to do CN. Today, hardly at all. They made it more playable as a DPS solo character, and crippled them in a group. Now the 6 sec OP buff for party, is by far the in demand tank in CN. And your comment was very easy to understand. You were being an ****, saying so what. I play consistently with groups, and the GWF is even stronger now. How does that balance the game. Eventually they will nerf the bondings, and say like the indomitable, only the best one applies. Trying to fix the little problems, like ITF being "too strong", instead of fixing the Bondings procing 285% in 1 move, is not fixing anything. And nerfing skills for specifically PVP play says it all as to who the game listens to.

Had you wanted elaboration you could have asked instead of being a ****. You weren't discussing the changes made. You were whining about the expenditure you made, which you have already gotten use of. Things change. I am sure that they will change again later.

Whether or not they have crippled GFs depends on the ability of the player. I have no problems with mine with the runs I have done with him since the changes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I can´t believe that some people can´t get over the fact, that ITC damageboost was an abomination.
    Running arround with 100k DR and ignoring ever other aspect of the class, building up for a buffbot?
    I am released that my class is not bound to DR-overbuff any more, thx devs.
    ITF was broken, now it´s far better in terms of PVE, Paladins can get into groups again (I do not run an OP) and GF still is welcome to every dungeon.

I never used Anvil or Bullcharge in PVE that much, so it´s from no interest for my tank, about the performance for conquerer I can´t tell, I read they even do better.

Steel defense: I can step forward and work arround feats like guarded assault+offhand+crushing pin, combat superiority also got that 10% DR boost and more.
    It´s more fun than sticking stupidly with one feat, thx
    Tanking arround a stupid classfeat and chaining 6 sec immmunity is pretty dumb i admit, i abused it myself-cheesemode :smile:

Commander strike, it´s nice the way it works.

Enforced threat: The occasions to collect mobs and tank >10 are rare, doing soloplay most mobs die too fast
    The damageboost is nice my ET deals huge crits being protector.

Improved Reaction feat: sounds good , I hope IV can´t triplemark that way -->TR+tab+FLS...otherwise a fix is needed, can´t stand more threads about PVP and broken issues :neutral:

Anyone tested supremacy of steel 16 sec. buff? How much is the damagedeflect? does it proc lifesteal?--have to check
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2016

the usual-blurb-QQ-babble-blubb-QQ

Then again, you're not the great gamer you might be in belief of, you are.. All you ever do is cry, nerf this, nerf that.. my class is too weak this, my class is underpowered that.. (check your own post history for reference). You hopped onto the GF bandwagon, after you came to the conclusion, that you are not good at playing your SW, the class you wrote thousands of posts about, the class that according to your twisted / delusioned reality is underpowered (even when they in fact out dps almost all other classes).

Realize, that it's you who is failing on all levels. Not some overpowered feature, skill or whatnot, that you pulled out of your rear. I don't want to resort to ad hominems but.. you seem like a sore loser. And that's about it. Instead of practicing your skills, you'd rather cry until 'mommy' buys you the candy, you wanted.

And if mommy does not.. you throw an endless amount of tantrums, until she does. It's people like you, who kill mmo's. I've been playing mmorpg's since 2003, it's always the unskilled (blind) ones, to cry the loudest. You people are a minority. Minorities usually tend to cry the loudest and the Developers somehow listen to those people (for whichever reason.) and that's what in the end, drives away more people than it attracts.

Sorry, 'pal' but you should just learn how your class functions the best, like we all did.

P.S. stop telling people how to play their toons. You're not in a suitable position for doing that ;)
    Post edited by colonelwing on

• Options
    edited August 2016

the usual-blurb-QQ-babble-blubb-QQ

Then again, you're not the great gamer you might be in belief of, you are.. All you ever do is cry, nerf this, nerf that.. my class is too weak this, my class is underpowered that.. (check your own post history for reference). You hopped onto the GF bandwagon, after you came to the conclusion, that you are not good at playing your SW, the class you wrote thousands of posts about, the class that according to your twisted / delusioned reality is underpowered (even when they in fact out dps almost all other classes).

Realize, that it's you who is failing on all levels. Not some overpowered feature, skill or whatnot, that you pulled out of your rear. I don't want to resort to ad hominems but.. you seem like a sore loser. And that's about it. Instead of practicing your skills, you'd rather cry until 'mommy' buys you the candy, you wanted.

And if mommy does not.. you throw an endless amount of tantrums, until she does. It's people like you, who kill mmo's. I've been playing mmorpg's since 2003, it's always the unskilled (blind) ones, to cry the loudest. You people are a minority. Minorities usually tend to cry the loudest and the Developers somehow listen to those people (for whichever reason.) and that's what in the end, drives away more people than it attracts.

Sorry, 'pal' but you should just learn how your class functions the best, like we all did.

P.S. stop telling people how to play their toons. You're not in a suitable position for doing that ;)
    As said the broken aspects got fixed and the class is even more fun to play, not for everyone i guess if I am stuck with my build in same patterns.
    BTW. what is the role of GF? Leader/controller, laughable for someone who claims to be informed, and only spits and bites in all his post like a little girl , that got taken away her doll. :)
  • Options
    shaihulud#3845 shaihulud Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    it mentions nothing about fixing the broken "United" feat. ITS STILL BROKE. that should be the first thing fixed.
  • Options
    shulbocka#5589 shulbocka Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Sorry guys, I can't find a clear answer. Reading the update from the original post, it says all GF changes have been pulled from next build. Does that mean that these changes aren't being implemented for the Mod10 PS4 release? Every time I try to look into it more, I just keep getting lead back here. If they are included in that release, what the hell does the update mean when it says they've been pulled?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Sorry guys, I can't find a clear answer. Reading the update from the original post, it says all GF changes have been pulled from next build. Does that mean that these changes aren't being implemented for the Mod10 PS4 release? Every time I try to look into it more, I just keep getting lead back here. If they are included in that release, what the hell does the update mean when it says they've been pulled?

@shulbocka#5589

Those updates were copy-pasted from feedback thread replies by the dev who was actively making changes at the time. The reference to a build being "pulled" was while the module was in development, and was noted to let people following the changes know that the next preview patch (back in July) would contain no new GF changes. That particular patch was not being modified further (had been "pulled" from the devs' ability to tweak it further). Zippo to do with the actual class changes that were in the process of implementation.

The console release will be the same as what's on PC now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    shulbocka#5589 shulbocka Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @beckylunatic
    Sorry for the late response to your answer, but thanks for answering my question.

I haven't gotten a chance to test the changes yet, and am fighting some strong urges to complain heavily, but this game has taught me to actually know what I'm talking about before opening my mouth. Can any GFs that have tested the changes, that also play a dps style build while buffing, confirm these changes can be construed as improvements. Not enemies of GFs, but actual GFs? When a dev says they remove group use from a move like tide of iron and cut my group damage buff ITF by more than 80%, then say it's more fun to use, I have an incredibly difficult time believing that. I am an Iron Vanguard and swapping ToI out for Threatening Rush is, and never will be more fun. Being able to mark 2-3 guys for a second or two is no comparison to dropping big enemies DR for an entire group for about 10 seconds, especially when I constantly run Enforced Threat. ET is great for marking large groups, does aoe, builds stamina and ap, and lowers DR. Using two similar moves instead of two different moves, both with key situations for their use, is considered more fun? I'm just confused I guess, and would appreciate if someone could enlighten me to this new "more fun" factor and give me hope. Not opposed, just not seeing it. Like I said too, my views are irrelevant at this point anyways since I haven't tested the changes yet. I'm just scared dudes.