test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King Mod - NEW HR Buff : (Video Updated)

fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PvP Discussion
HI All

Here is a video of a good Guardian Fighter that can kill most pvp players in 1v1 combat atm who tested with an HR on Preview recently.

I mean really ? You gotta be kidding me ...LOL

Piercing Damage is way too overpowered .... ridiculous !!

https://youtu.be/Vtw7JRGYveQ

If this buff to the Hunter Ranger (HR) Class is released like this on 16 Aug , it will be the joke of the century tbh.

:/

another completely broken class .. sigh

Post edited by fuxion#7775 on

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Video doesn't work. . Post to youtube
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Storm King Mod - NEW HR Buff : Will be so overpowered that nobody will participate in PVP

So it'll be the same as usual.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    drackonautdrackonaut Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    But aren't pretty much all the other classess in pvp broken in one way or another? Lol
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @amenar @rgutscheradev, piercing blades on combat is stupid OP again. please watch this video and take piercing out of the combat capstone
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    narjimanarjima Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    If this goes live it's going to be the worst problem for PvP. Even worse than Owlbear, Drains and Ambush Rings combined.
    I can only hope that this never makes it to live.
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    The video is quiet tricky, i'm not saying PB is not overperforming but the hr gets buffed by the other GF and himself for a couple seconds, and the gf is sitting there doing nothing, taking a PG right to the face. In real PVP scenario this wont actualy happen unless you the hr attacks someoen AFK, the video doesn't even show the GFs gear.

You can do it the other way also. The HR puts PVE gear and Elven battle, then the GF gets his buffs on + some HRs buffs, he will definitly oen shot the HR with 1 encounter. If you want to show something that matters put a video with actual 1 vs 1 where you show gears and a real combat because it will be more reflecting to reality.

Planth growth damage is quiet high and there is deffinetly and interaction between it BH and PB causing high burst DOT, but the catch is PG being realy hard to use with long CD in PVP and takes like a second to start dealing damage. Therefore this was discussed in HR's preview feedback and many players gave some propositions to fix PG interaction like making it procs PB/BH only on the first tick or just make PB half effectif against players. HR will still have no damage in PVP without PB.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    aderonz said:

The video is quiet tricky, i'm not saying PB is not overperforming but the hr gets buffed by the other GF and himself for a couple seconds, and the gf is sitting there doing nothing, taking a PG right to the face. In real PVP scenario this wont actualy happen unless you the hr attacks someoen AFK, the video doesn't even show the GFs gear.

You can do it the other way also. The HR puts PVE gear and Elven battle, then the GF gets his buffs on + some HRs buffs, he will definitly oen shot the HR with 1 encounter. If you want to show something that matters put a video with actual 1 vs 1 where you show gears and a real combat because it will be more reflecting to reality.

Planth growth damage is quiet high and there is deffinetly and interaction between it BH and PB causing high burst DOT, but the catch is PG being realy hard to use with long CD in PVP and takes like a second to start dealing damage. Therefore this was discussed in HR's preview feedback and many players gave some propositions to fix PG interaction like making it procs PB/BH only on the first tick or just make PB half effectif against players. HR will still have no damage in PVP without PB.

The HR getting buffed by ITF, and even other buffs from other classes is something that will happen all the time in a pvp match.

And you mention that the GF didn't fight back, well that is what is going to happen the instant the GF is CC'd or his back is turned to the HR. And what about a GWF? or a SW (who have no defenses at ALL against piecing damage)? the instant any class gets immobilized the HR will rip them to shreds just like happened to this GF.

Lets get back to the piercing damage vs SW and GWF. Remember how much those 2 classes hate TRs and SE? well HR is going to be like that, except all the time. It won't be a one shot, but it will be 1 second worth of damage procs and you die.

Combat needed buffs to the tree to make it viable, but piercing damage was not the answer. and will never ever be the answer.
  • Options
    @scathias
    I guess you have never seen PG in PVP, because no HR use it especialy against GFW or SW as they can get out of it like a piece of cake without taking any damage. Like i said PG is the problem. This power base damage is higher than 50k at BIS level, if you add buffs, PB and BH it can quickly reach 200/250k. the rest of HRs combat powers are ok. Fixing PG in PVP is definitly better than nerfing PB.
  • Options
    I think that you don't remember what piercing blades on HR was like back in mod 4. 40% of melee damage is not a small amount, especially when there are a number of dots that will apply PB on each hit.

I know you are happy combat is making a comeback, but you need to understand, and obviously you never tested PB on preview in pvp, just how insanely strong it is.

Only the first tick of PG is classed as melee according to amenar when he fixed it so that it can work with Blade Storm, so most of the damage that GF took was not from PG, it was piercing from other places.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Yeah! HR Domination with old "piercing blades" bug is back!!!! Now, HRs will melt everything on PvP again!!! . :smile: . @panderus , @asterotg , hope you can fix this mechanic before it hits live server.

I think, you messed up our @s here. Belief me, if I could fix some things here, I would have done it.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    scathias said:

I think that you don't remember what piercing blades on HR was like back in mod 4. 40% of melee damage is not a small amount, especially when there are a number of dots that will apply PB on each hit.

I know you are happy combat is making a comeback, but you need to understand, and obviously you never tested PB on preview in pvp, just how insanely strong it is.

Only the first tick of PG is classed as melee according to amenar when he fixed it so that it can work with Blade Storm, so most of the damage that GF took was not from PG, it was piercing from other places.

i do remember how OP the combo of PB + WM + LS + Regen was back at mod 4 but i also remember that people had 35k hp and combat HR encouters were dealing 3k to 7k damage. Right now most Pvp players have at least 120k power while HR encounters deals between 8 to 10k damage except for PG. I can assure you that PG is proccing PB on each tick, you can test yourself, this was reported in the preview forum. Without PG a HR can't one rotate anyone like it used to be in mod 4, like i said feel free to test a 1v1 in preview without the HR using PG. you will see for yourself.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Now ask that gf to put his shield up.
    I get killed in a second too if im not shifting.. Well as a hr even when shifting
  • Options
    metalldjt said:

So this is how it goes for Combat HR:

In terms of Surviability they are quite fine, in terms of DAMAGE coming from ENCOUNTERS/ATWILLS/ CAPSTONE is quite week.
    it deserves a higher damage and better CD on their powers.

as for Piercing Blades it needs the damage from it needs to to have
    1. Internal Cooldown of few seconds.
    2. Damage needs a Limit to not go over 10.000 damage.

in rest it's fine, not bad, it's quite fine.

as for other gameplay to allign the game itself.

Self healing:

Insignias are the best game support healing in game, and i dont say it because of the healing, its about how it works and how it is in game, it is the deserved passive healing, and every class can have it, and shouldn't be affected by HD.

while the ruiners are

1. Water buff from the wheel from 100% needs to be decreased to 50%
    2. Drowned weapons, the ICD from 30s needs to be increased to 90s
    3. Lifesteal Severity in PvP and Endlgess consumtion , there needs to be a a Tenacity Lifesteal that cuts 90% of lifesteal severity and Endless consumtion needs to be changed.

and 3 other classes needs t be REVIEWED : Devoted Cleric, Great weapon fighter and Trickster rogue , and we can finally achieve the best PvP module.

The only 2 powers that can proc 10k+ PB are Planth Growth and Slasher's mark. If PG ticks are fixed then the problem of high damage PB will be solved.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Posted by @andante22 in the warlock thread doing a lot 1vs1.
    GL in mod 10 , enjoy PVP :smile:

"Got more competitive 1 v 1 s in preview pvp over past 2 days and all my attempts at staying positive pretty much are gone out the window. Majority of HR's on test have dialed in their builds with wild medicine healing making them impossible to kill and piercing damage on properly specced toons is a death sentence 1-2 shot. Top tier GFs rolling through easily are putting smack down on me."
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Ugh, sure it wasn't shadow demon? Lol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    lmao. looked like a shadow demon to me!
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Even with "buff", hr won't kill GWF,GF 1 v 1, also even after "nerfing" GF it will still have best burst damage in PvP. I can't believe that GF is crying that HR is OP xDD

P.S Don't think that there will be many HRs just as strong as Rookz, there still will be more trappers than combatants in PvP...
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User

HI All

Here is a video of a good Guardian Fighter that can kill most pvp players in 1v1 combat atm who tested with an HR on Preview recently.

I mean really ? You gotta be kidding me ...LOL

Piercing Damage is way too overpowered .... ridiculous !!

https://youtu.be/Vtw7JRGYveQ

If this buff to the Hunter Ranger (HR) Class is released like this on 16 Aug , it will be the joke of the century tbh.

:/

another completely broken class .. sigh

Had a lot of 1v1's with melee hr and there is nothing OP.

I easy can live vs meleeHR in ARCHERY! Lol...

1v1 vs GF\TR is so looong... everyone can kill ech other.
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Piercing damage hit live, not as OP as many thought, i know some hr can hit like very hard, but me, at 2,5k item lvl deal 15k damage maximum in plant growth, thats 5k damage + 30k piercing damage over 4 seconds vs players with 120k hp minimum. OP? no, what it's op is a bull charge deflected hitting 75k.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2016

This video is as misleading as it could be ... in reality GF has the least problems against HR, a good GF will hold up his shield and mitigate the piercing damage. And in the end you will kill the HR as good GF, again.

The only classes who suffer again are GWF/ SW who cannot mitigate/dodge piercing damage at all.

I suggest a simple ICD to prevent multiproccing with certain ability setups, the damage is fine and needed.

DID you fight x2 ? THE one hr to daze you and the other to deal the piercing and then they switch roles depending on their cooldowns? Ofcourse and two 2 wizards could do this but they dont deal piercing damage. EVEN some feats of saboteur or executioner cant reach this HAMSTER. THEY can kill in seconds even class can dodge or class with mitigation buffs like cleric.

FOR GWF-SW i agree. I TOLD to my meelee in my team GO CAp another node i will keep them busy was crazy a cw to run backwards and repel and root the hr to not reach me was funny and tragic.

ALSO plant growth is meelee encounter dare to even put your feet for a moment on the node piercing waiting for you.

No you are not suffer only you.

1. SHIELDs are not enough to mitigate it.
    2. CRUSHING root is root that means interupt dodge also cannot deflected.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

So this is how it goes for Combat HR:

In terms of Surviability they are quite fine, in terms of DAMAGE coming from ENCOUNTERS/ATWILLS/ CAPSTONE is quite week.
    it deserves a higher damage and better CD on their powers.

as for Piercing Blades it needs the damage from it needs to to have
    1. Internal Cooldown of few seconds.
    2. Damage needs a Limit to not go over 10.000 damage.

in rest it's fine, not bad, it's quite fine.

as for other gameplay to allign the game itself.

Self healing:

Insignias are the best game support healing in game, and i dont say it because of the healing, its about how it works and how it is in game, it is the deserved passive healing, and every class can have it, and shouldn't be affected by HD.

while the ruiners are

1. Water buff from the wheel from 100% needs to be decreased to 50%
    2. Drowned weapons, the ICD from 30s needs to be increased to 90s
    3. Lifesteal Severity in PvP and Endlgess consumtion , there needs to be a a Tenacity Lifesteal that cuts 90% of lifesteal severity and Endless consumtion needs to be changed.

and 3 other classes needs t be REVIEWED : Devoted Cleric, Great weapon fighter and Trickster rogue , and we can finally achieve the best PvP module.

fire buff from wheel need to decrased to 15 seconds. add and this!
    drowned weapons at 90s will be a garbage weapon.
    if you touch lifesteal so hard touch and gift of faith.