What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter changes

Comments

• Options
    dannydark007#2612 dannydark007 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    scathias said:

@dannydark007#2612, Regarding the "nerf" to ET, How often do you fight more than 10 mobs at once in a dungeon? how about in solo content? Mobs come in packs of 5-6 a piece. If you pull 2 packs you now have 10-12 to fight. I would say that 95% of the player base is not pulling 20 mobs to fighting a dungeon (exceptions are in CN at the start and in the Hall of mirrors, trash mobs that are easily cleared so EF hitting more of them is negligible, and if your party has trouble fighting 20 mobs then you should be making smaller pulls). In solo play people rarely pull 20 mobs together to beat up unless they are doing one of the supply HEs in the Stronghold, and there if you are good enough to handle those 20 mobs the decrease in the target cap to ET is unlikely to increase your clear time by more than 10-15 seconds.

Simply put, in the vast, vast majority of use cases, and for most of the population, ET has been buffed significantly because of the damage boost and reduced cooldown.

your other points however are very valid and I fully support them

I don't know about you, but one of the primary ways I solo clear content is to pull 3 to 5 packs and WMS and ET to my little GF heart's content... It is more that there is no reason for the reduction in target cap, what purpose does it serve? It is not like a 50% damage buffed ET hitting 20 targets is going to change things, but on big group mob pulls it may mean the difference between mobs hitting whom they are supposed to (the GF) vs the squishies....
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

scathias said:

@dannydark007#2612, Regarding the "nerf" to ET, How often do you fight more than 10 mobs at once in a dungeon? how about in solo content? Mobs come in packs of 5-6 a piece. If you pull 2 packs you now have 10-12 to fight. I would say that 95% of the player base is not pulling 20 mobs to fighting a dungeon (exceptions are in CN at the start and in the Hall of mirrors, trash mobs that are easily cleared so EF hitting more of them is negligible, and if your party has trouble fighting 20 mobs then you should be making smaller pulls). In solo play people rarely pull 20 mobs together to beat up unless they are doing one of the supply HEs in the Stronghold, and there if you are good enough to handle those 20 mobs the decrease in the target cap to ET is unlikely to increase your clear time by more than 10-15 seconds.

Simply put, in the vast, vast majority of use cases, and for most of the population, ET has been buffed significantly because of the damage boost and reduced cooldown.

your other points however are very valid and I fully support them

I don't know about you, but one of the primary ways I solo clear content is to pull 3 to 5 packs and WMS and ET to my little GF heart's content... It is more that there is no reason for the reduction in target cap, what purpose does it serve? It is not like a 50% damage buffed ET hitting 20 targets is going to change things, but on big group mob pulls it may mean the difference between mobs hitting whom they are supposed to (the GF) vs the squishies....
    They may be wanting to make the IV path more viable thru threatening rush that can also mass mark mobs. IF ET has a 20 mob limit, then there isn't any real need for TR.

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bug: Daily: Villain's Menace

This Power is still bugged to where you are still un-immune to certain control effects like stun, daze, or disables. Activation time is way too long as this hinders the 10s you get with this Daily. This has been a big issue for a very long time.

Making this a DoT can be easily cancelled out by healing. Instead, change it to when your target is below 50% Health do an additional hit of full damage in a single blow. This would still Nerf Anvil of Doom and quite frankly id be fine with it and so would every other GF because this is our finisher. @amenar That would make it a lot better.

Increase the base damage buff of ITF to a flat 35% so each additional additional rank is a 10% increase to Temp HP, Run Speed +3, and 5% Increase to Damage (Max Damage is 50%). This is ideal because you have already made GF's build no longer revolve around defense. Here is why I suggest these changes happen.

Additionally, I would love to see run speed increased to 3 from 2, as the GF is naturally slow, it would be good if this happens knowing ITF will still be somewhat Viable.

Temp HP doesn't serve any purpose at all. I don't even think it procs Wrathful Warrior, but it should be raised to 40% of your max HP (Similar to the Paladins Templars Wrath)because this would make ITF a significant buff to use after the Major nerf.

These changes provided for this Encounter Power would make it ideal to use and would make ITF more than Viable.

~In addition to damage per rank of Griffons Wrath, Increase the stun time of Griffons Wrath by .5 seconds per rank (max 2s at rank 4.)
    This makes the stun longer so the target cannot get away easily so you can follow up additional hits.

~Increase Cylinder effect and range so it is easier to hit a target

~decrease charge time to a flat 6s so it can be used more often

Bug: Daily: Indomitable Strength

Perhaps this was fixed with the increased range, but the problem is that it misses the target you are aiming at so that you often drain your action points and do the animation, but the actual daily does not happen. Please fix this.

Bug: At-will: Threatening Rush

Often when the target moves you are (most of the time) doing the animation of threatening rush, but never hitting the desired target. A fix to this would probably to increase the range on it, as trying to hit a target now is very annoying.

Example: Troll is moving to SW because of agro. Troll is moving, I am following the troll, I use
    Threatening Rush to go to him, I never see the mark debuff on the target, nor did I see any kind of damage at all, all I see is the animation.

Bug: Daily: Crescendo

Exactly Like Indomitable Strength, you use the daily, the animation goes, AP is lost, but you never see the actual damage nor prone nor stun work.

Bug: Feat: Grit

I have tested this a lot. It seems to never work with neither mine nor a clerics healing spells. This feat seems to be bugged. I never gain any Temporary HP, nor do I ever see "Grit" on my screen.

Bug: Feat: Pin Down

You do not even notice the .3 seconds at all. Such a minimal difference it should be changed. Increase the feat to 1/2/3s It needs a complete rework.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PATH FEEDBACK
    THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT @amenar

Protector Path: The Damage Reduction of Iron Guard is very annoying to obtain. We HAVE TO hit the target to reduce their damage to us and allies. You should make it where when we are hit and when we hit an enemy their damage is reduced by 5% (Stacking up to 5 times) 25% or 1/4 damage reduced. To tank, their should be an added bonus of some sort, like their is on the Conquerer tree (DPS) (10% Crit at 5 stacks on top of the 25% damage buff), like an added bonus of Damage Resistance and Deflection at the end feat on top of Iron Guard.

For example: (Additionally, each time you are struck in combat Gain up to 10% Damage Resistance and a 10% Deflection Chance) 1% each time you are struck in combat stacking up to 10%. Each hit to you would add 1% to Damage Resistance and Deflection Chance up to 10%. I played a Protector for 4 Modules, and I feel this "Tank" tree is at a major DR disadvantage, as well as not used by many for the fact KV is very laggy. And people prefer buffs/ support on the TACTICIAN tree. Most people want Tac tanks for PvE and Conq tanks for PvP but never Protector Tanks. Could we see something Change with "Iron Guard"? Maybe make it an Aura that enemies within 75' deal 25% less damage? Since after all the Protector Tree is the TANK tree. Especially fighting bosses, it's a pain in the butt when all we can really do is reduce their damage. Deflect helps, but the DR we would gain at the end feat would help, and would really help in PvE. Perhaps making this as an aura would solve everything. Change something about this please.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conquerer Path: Overall, the feats in this are outstanding. I love it for PvP, as well as doing some damage in PvE. However, some of these feats are a little outdated and some simply do not need to be there. Below I have listed the ones viable and the ones that simply do not need to be there and why.

Feat: Cruel Cut Style: This is put at the top of the list for the fact that Cleave as a move over all is absolute ****. I can see why you would want to increase the damage by 15% and an additional 5% with the artifact Class Feature. This At-Will either needs to be seriously looked at, or removed because it sucks. What this should be replaced with is Piercing Surge: Crushing Surge now deals 3/6/9/12/15% more damage. Since Crushing Surge is the best At-Will we have.

Feat: Reinforced Surge: This should be completely replaced with Battle Trample for the Iron Vanguard as Battle Trample is a more DPS aimed feat. The Tactician Tree is all about stuns and keeping foes where they ought to be and Reinforced Surge would be a great addition to the already "Terrifying Menace" Feat to accompany it. Simply literally switch Battle Trample with Reinforced Surge.

Reckless Attacker: Keep the added benefits when ever you are struck gain a 5% increase to damage and a 5% increase to Critical Chance, But also add some form of Critical Severity and Combat Advantage to the end Feat. The Conquerer's Path Description is all about heavy blows, critical, and combat advantage. Nowhere is there Combat Advantage on the Path. Nor any form of increasing Critical Severity. So the description for Reckless Attacker would be this,

When struck in combat you gain Reckless Attacker.
    Reckless Attacker increases your damage by 5% and critical chance by 2%, and critical severity by 2%. Reckless Attacker lasts 10 seconds and stacks up 5 times. Additionally, your utilization of Combat Advantage is increased by 10%. This would be the best option and would make up for Into the Frays significant nerf.

At 5 stacks this equals, 25% increase to damage, 10% increased Critical Chance as well as 10% Critical Severity, and Combat Advantage is universally increased by 10% (Kind of like a boon if you get what I am saying).
    I don't even know where to begin with Tactician, since the nerf on Fray you should probably add a lot more to this path and Protector path more than anything else. They need some love. They really do.

All I can say is that these are some LONG STANDING issues and you need to rethink the Protector and Tactician and some parts of the Conquerer path as well. Since this, we are nothing more than obsolete in PvE as a Paladin completely over powers us.

Thank you @amenar for hopefully taking your time and reading this. I appreciate it a lot and I hope to see these bugs and feedback implemented. Keep up the great work.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'd suggest a cone of effect that applies a debuff or just damages or stuns/slows/interrupts (for 1 sec, but only works every 10sec or something of the sort). You know, anything other than a debuff for the caster

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    1. Combat Superiority: No longer grants 10% bonus damage to the target. Instead, now grants 5% bonus damage to the target and the target will deal 5% less damage to you. Ranking up this power will now increase both of these effects by 1% for every rank.
    Combat Superiority: No longer lasts 5s for each Rank of the power. Instead, lasts 8s at all ranks. Additionally, Rank 5 of the

FEEDBACK. Reduces effectiveness of WMS/Crushing Surge/Cleave at-wills. I think "the target will deal 5% less damage to you" is pvp-style component but useless for PvE. For pure pve tanking there are better options and in solo you don't need more defensive capabilities. I used Combat Superiority for years and never though it needed any changes (being Tact or Protector). With this change i would rather expect increasing at-will damage.

2. Enforced Threat: Damage increased ~50%.
    Enforced Threat: Recharge time reduced to 14s, down from 15s.
    Enforced Threat: Target cap reduced to 10, down from 20.
    Enforced Threat: Updated the rank up information to show that this power gains an additional 10% damage per rank. This is the existing behavior, and this is just a display change.

FEEDBACK. Problem is that damage wise it same or even better AoE against lesser number of enemies, but it reduces its effectiveness as aggro control skill which is what tank supposed to do.

3. Into the Fray: No longer increases damage by a percentage of your damage resistance. Now grants a flat +15% damage bonus, + 5% more per rank.

FEEDBACK. Probably one of few changes which GF needed.

4. Line Breaker Assault: Now has a target cap of 5, down from 10.
    Line Breaker Assault: This power has had a large overhaul in functionality. Instead of dealing damage in an area around the end of your movement, you now deal damage to the targets you move through. It gains additional benefit from the Tactician Feat Powerful Strike.

FEEDBACK. I don't understand why change anything in number of affected caps. Narrowed hit zone is ok. But if GF can hit 10-20 targets with single move, where is a reward? It is rather solo pve skill, which most of people ignore.

5. Tide of Iron: The Damage Resistance debuff now only applies for the caster, instead of the entire party.

FEEDBACK. Promotes skill-less no-synergy playstyle. If that is about "dungeons are not challenging enough", please consider such topics with understanding and caution. It is high expensive gear players issue, not a reason to change behavior of the skill which existed from very start of NWO.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    d66723225d66723225 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bug: Power/Feat interaction: Combat superiority/Tactical superiority
    When you put the 5th feat point into tactical superiority it stops combat superiority from proccing. This is probably due to some old code still disabling combat superiority at 5/5 feat points.

This reworked class feature still has the old artifact offhand bonus of +10% extra control resistance. Perhaps this could be changed so it provides another 1% crit/deflect and 2.5% movespeed?

Making this aoe atwill target locked makes it a lot more annoying to use and can make it harder to hit all enemies from a group. Consider removing the target lock so it works as on live now. The damage bonus on the 'main' target could then be replaced to the first target hit instead. Ideally the increased damage against a single target is simply removed and replaced with a plain 10-30% damage increase instead as this is a very counter intuitive mechanic for an aoe slash

A 5 second dot after a hit under 50% health seems a bit long, chances are the mob is already dead before the dot has ran its course. Consider shortening the duration to 2-3 seconds while maintaining the same total damage.

The reduction of the target cap will in some situations lead to not all mobs being aggroed after using this ability forcing you to run after them so they dont murder your partymembers. Consider putting the target cap back to 20 as that should be sufficient for almost every situation.

This power is the only one we can use to enjoy a short time of being immune to cc so we can cast some abilities without worrying about being disrupted by mobs in the heat of battle. Looking at the very lengthy cast time it has we need all those precious cc immune seconds. Please consider reverting the duration to its original value.

As for the people that are saying that knight's challenge needs adjusting I disagree. It is a high risk high reward ability that puts the gf in just as much danger as its target and it has a lengthy cast animation as well that leaves the gf totally vulnerable. A true double edged sword.
    Post edited by d66723225 on
  • Options
    amenar said:

• Anvil of Doom: Increased the delay between when you activate the power and when you can swing again by 0.3s. The amount of time between when you activate the power and when you can move is unchanged.
    • Anvil of Doom: No longer deals double damage to targets below 40% health. Instead, deals full damage again over 5 seconds to targets below 50% health.
    • Anvil of Doom: Range increased to 12', up from 11'.
    • Anvil of Doom: Recharge time reduced to 15s, down from 16s.
    FEADBACK: Power: Anvil of Doom
    As several have mentioned triggering at 50% a 5 second dot is often wasted as the target is dead or healed before this runs it course. Suggestion: Remove the 50% limitation for the extra damage, changing the extra damage to a dot is, I believe, enough of a down side to make it always trigger.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Burst of GF is Still same as live, so change the prones to Stun at least, (Bull charge etc.)
    if you want to let them stomping people.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    xgrandz02 said:

The Burst of GF is Still same as live, so change the prones to Stun at least, (Bull charge etc.)
    if you want to let them stomping people.

Like everyone else said on this thread and Mods said to people on other threads, stop requesting and crying nerf's on the GF they are not looking for what needs to be nerfed. They are looking for bugs and very concise feedback that affects the class. The burst damage of the GF will remain the same for obvious reasons of the Conquerer path.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Really if this was the way things were from the beginning and not changed almost every mod I would accept that the GF is nothing more than a only useful in certain situations meatshield. And I would have stayed away and rolled an uber defense stacked GWF instead. All because the devs were too dumb to get their game right the first time, and are also too dumb to fix the broken interaction between DC buffs and GF bonding companions.
  • Options
    d66723225d66723225 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    double post
    Post edited by d66723225 on
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    d66723225 said:

As for the people that are saying that knight's challenge needs adjusting I disagree. It is a high risk high reward ability that puts the gf in just as much danger as its target and it has a lengthy cast animation as well that leaves the gf totally vulnerable. A true double edged sword.

It has no risk in a raid like Tiamat or DF runs. And it's risk never stopped the top PVP GFs from getting their kill.
  • Options
    I have some concerns that if they reduce our single target DPS too much, we will struggle to hold aggro with the really HDPS strikers.

I was having a hard time just now in CN holding aggro with a 4.2K GWF. (was running KV, LS and ITF with enhanced mark)

But I'm not sure how they balance that and fix the issue with PvP.

I slot lunging strike for mobility, I'd like to see its DPS (i.e. damage and cooldown) stay as is or have the aggro building component of aggravating strike increased to offset the reduced single target DPS. I don't think aggravating strike would cause too many problems in PvP.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

lantern22 said:

I have some concerns that if they reduce our single target DPS too much, we will struggle to hold aggro with the really HDPS strikers.

I was having a hard time just now in CN holding aggro with a 4.2K GWF. (was running KV, LS and ITF with enhanced mark)

I slot lunging strike for mobility, I'd like to see its DPS (i.e. damage and cooldown) stay as is or have the aggro building component of aggravating strike increased to offset the reduced single target DPS. I don't think aggravating strike would cause too many problems in PvP.

you already said it, ITF doesn't provide that huge of a buff in module 10, so the group members damage will be lower, so you wont have any problems holding the aggro , i doubt anyone can still the aggro from a GF as long as you remember to MARK the boss. i think it was against a boss what you mentioned.
    Unless it's a dumb GWF that's using their taunt on the boss : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Man, that WMS buff/change is so weird.

Terrifying impact and line breaker are so boring. PvP has ruined all the fun. I missed smashing PVE baddies flat on their backs. All of this political stun only correctness these days.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    metalldjt said:

lantern22 said:

you already said it, ITF doesn't provide that huge of a buff in module 10, so the group members damage will be lower, so you wont have any problems holding the aggro , i doubt anyone can steal the aggro from a GF as long as you remember to MARK the boss. i think it was against a boss what you mentioned.
    yeah it was the beholder in CN, definitely had it marked the whole time. I didn't have any problems with Orcus tho.

Note the ITF damage reduction. I'll have to google threat and see if it is difference between DPS or the ratio of DPS that effects threat generation. Because the ITF nerf will also reduce the tanks DPS as well so the ratio will be the same, but the difference will be less.

Guess we will see what happens, there is always Iron Warrior as an option, maybe

and maybe its not a such a bad thing to make us work hard for threat management anyway, as long as its reasonably gettable
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

urabask said:

metalldjt said:

lantern22 said:

you already said it, ITF doesn't provide that huge of a buff in module 10, so the group members damage will be lower, so you wont have any problems holding the aggro , i doubt anyone can still the aggro from a GF as long as you remember to MARK the boss. i think it was against a boss what you mentioned.
    Unless it's a dumb GWF that's using their taunt on the boss : \
    pretty sure if a GWF marks the boss , while it's been already marked by a GF , the aggro from a TANK will never be taken away.
    All they'd really have to do is taunt when you're popping ITF and land a big hit.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    There are a few powers and feats that were not included in the balancing that could use some adjustment:

Needs a substantially reduced activation time.

This feat isn't often taken, I would suggest having the damage reduction apply to all targets not just the GF to make this a more viable tanking skill.

Cruel Cut Style's damage bonus should apply to Aggravating Strike as well.

I would suggest adding: and increases the damage of Tide of Iron by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Needs an increase to at least 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5% damage reduction (Actually I believe this is true of all of the similar group damage reduction feats.)
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    amenar said:

Sorry for the delay everyone. For more details on the how and why of the changes, please check out the dev blogs.

• Crescendo: Increased the damage of the first for hits by 25%. This has increased the overall damage of this power by ~10%.
    • Flourish: Damage increased ~12%.
    • Flourish: Now requires a target to activate, so you will be less likely to miss.
    • Flourish: Range increased to 18', up rom 17'.
    • Flourish: Recharge time reduced to 13s, down from 14s.
    • Threatening Rush: Activation time reduced to 0.8s, down from 1s.
    • Threatening Rush: Damage increased ~18%.
    • Weapon Master's Strike: Reduced the activation time to 1s, down from 1.2s, and made it possible for this power to chain back to back more quickly. These changes have increased the DPS of this power by ~20%.
    • Weapon Master's Strike: Reworked the timing of the second hits damage to be more in sync with the animation & FX.
    • Weapon Master's Strike: Roughly doubled the base damage this power deals, but halved the damage dealt to secondary targets. Net result is that this power deals roughly the same damage to secondary targets, but double damage to the primary target.
    • Weapon Master's Strike: The second strike of this power is now properly affected by the damage debuff applied by this power.
    really nice buffs.
    amenar said:

• Anvil of Doom: Increased the delay between when you activate the power and when you can swing again by 0.3s. The amount of time between when you activate the power and when you can move is unchanged.
    • Anvil of Doom: No longer deals double damage to targets below 40% health. Instead, deals full damage again over 5 seconds to targets below 50% health.
    • Bull Charge: This power was unintentionally receiving 20% more damage per rank up, instead of the stated 10% per rank up. This has been corrected, however, the base damage of the power has also been increased ~10%. Net change at Rank 4 is a damage reduction of ~10%.
    It looks awful.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I said this years ago... and I'll say it again... Crush boosted weapon damage by 45% in mod 5 or 6? Decrease base weapon damage by 20%. Make ITF 40%... not 30. Remove knights challenge or rework it. In pvp it is zero skill. In PVE it only works for boss fights that can lead to being 1 shot, regardless its fine in pve... just nerf it for pvp its stupid. Don't ruin lunging, its a great PVE move. Make bullcharge have the knockback it used to. Stop doing what you did to TR all those mods ago.

Just nerf the weapon damage, bring down itf to 40%, and remove KC in pvp. And then take all these changes and remove them and go get ice cream. GF still is viable in pvp as burst damage, just not 2 shotting people. And in PVE it still can apply its best debuff, and damage buff like it has since mod 0. Don't reinvent the wheel, just use your heads.... (I know that is challenging)
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @freshour

Just nerf the weapon damage, bring down itf to 40%, and remove KC in pvp. And then take all these changes and remove them and go get ice cream. GF still is viable in pvp as burst damage, just not 2 shotting people. And in PVE it still can apply its best debuff, and damage buff like it has since mod 0. Don't reinvent the wheel, just use your heads.... (I know that is challenging)

i think you really dont know whats going on on gf, can you tell me your main class? np ill ask for nerf too :)
This discussion has been closed.