What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter changes

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    bastaenbastaen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    My only feedback is that you return the cooldown of Lunging Strike. My tank moves very slowly, and does not have a dodge. This skill helped me to get around the battlefield much faster (and cooler). By stacking recovery, and feating into the tactician feat powerful strike( i think thats the one that makes lunging Strike 100% to interrupt), I was able to have the feat Crushing Pin active almost all the time. Also, the increased Damage resistance was something that I could keep up alot too. For these reasons, please return the cooldown. Thank!
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    dolrey said:

Yes, this is TR's daily skill but I wrote it here because I would like to describe how defenceless GF is against this daily skill.

Try to imagine situation. Each well equipped TR on our server has Sigil of devoted what with other AP gain bonuses allows to use daily skills one after one.

And you know Courage breaker+Smoke bomb is very effective combo because if target get control once it will not be able to escape from smoke bomb till the end of Courage breaker.

If this combo happens once it is not the problem. But as I had already wrote even one TR able to use it one after one. And according to bug with VM it becomes impossible to conter it. It does not metter how skilled you are and what equipment you wear, while you under this combo you are like training puppet: stay and die. Needless to say how annoying it becomes when there are 2 TRs (because together they have enough AP to use and Shocking execution while GF is defenseless).

That is why in the past in some threads I asked to give some cleaning CC skills for GF. Ofcourse it isn't the once way how to make GF able to counter this combo but the fact is that we need something to survive against this.

I hope that devs will have a look at this problem.

> 2 TRs (because together they have enough AP to use and Shocking execution while GF is defenseless).
    They are a duo. You going solo. Deal with it.

> I asked to give some cleaning CC skills for GF.
    One Man Army? Oh, come on, that's ridiculous request.

> it isn't the once way how to make GF able to counter this combo
    Have you ever seen synced SE(TR duo)?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    darc12345darc12345 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    PVP

Villain's Menace since the start of the game has always been broken, either that the tool tip is broken. Although the latter statement would be incorrect considering previous fixes (i.e. smoke bomb, dazing strike). A GF can still be controlled when activating the daily by the following; TR's Determined Pursuit & Off-hand ability Oppressive Darkness. Whether there is any other abilities than the ones I listed, please either fix the tool tip or make the the power work as intended.

Stamina drain glyph and guard bug. The issue here is while a GF is guarding and someone drains the GF's stamina from behind and continues to attack the GF, the GF's shield will drop but the GF is unable to use any powers due to the game still thinking the GF's Shield is up. The only time a GF's abilities function is when the GF's stamina is recovered enough so the Guard automatically activates; only happens when the enemy with stamina glyph stops attacking/unable to sustain constant stamina drain. Please make it so when the GF stamina drains completely the GF will come out of Guard and is able to use encounter powers, daily, at-will, artifact and potion tray. In addition when stamina drains completely, make it so Guard does not automatically activate when enough stamina has been recovered.

PVE

Lunging Strike's cool down increase and Enforced Threat's target cap being reduced from 20 to 10 are a bad idea. The reason being currently the typically GF's encounter load out for dungeons is Knights Valor, Enforced Threat & Into the Fray; which works great. However my tanking load out for dungeons (i.e Castle Never, Lostmauth) is Lunging Strike, Enforced Threat & Into the Fray. How the following load out is possible is the initial entry into battle with lunging strike causing initial threat. Second Enforced Threat ability to target everyone. Third constantly applying Threatening Rush & lunging strike (threat mechanics). By implementing the changes you will eliminate this type of play style as threat generation becomes an issue. Therefore Causing GF to seek the typical rotation Knights Valor, Enforced Threat & Into the Fray as this loadout is easy threat generation due to Knights Valor's threat generations making this loadout easy to pull-door-to-door. My suggestions to fix the issue is either revert the changes or the following.

Remove Knights Valor's threat generation, significantly increase to the threat generation from Threatening Rush and make the mark stay even when taking damage. Making this change will make Iron Vanguard more viable. Due to GWF sharing the GF's ability Threatening Rush, I suggest that the GWF when using Daring shout the mark is removed when they are hit. It would make threatening rush more viable and changing the GWF's function/up-time 'Powerful challenge', but also causing the GFs to be more active with their marking.

Due to the previous changes in marking allowing the GF to mark whilst with the shield up. The marking speed whilst not in shield stance is slower and while switching stance + marking seems to bug and stay on guard stance at times. I suggest fine tuning the marking making it more fluent transitions when switching stance.

DARC - il 4k+ - The Ancient Mystics
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    dolrey said:

fact is that we need something to survive against this.

I h

What we have to survive in that particular situation is called a party. Because if your GF or any other class happens to be vs 2 rogues on a node then its supposed to die. If its 1 rogue and both characters are of similar gear quality with more or less equally skilled players then chances are 50/50 for the fight to go either way.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

etelgrin said:

The effectivity of this power in PvP has to be diminished or else the state of GF in PvP will not change, using Knight's Challange GF is still able to clear anybody even using at-wills like Crushing Surge is becoming slaughterhouse.

Would you like our gold fillings with that too? Anything PvP related has been nerfed, what's your main class?

TR? 1 shotting SE with piercing damage. Stealths when hit points are low, comes back full health. Has an encounter that some seem to keep perma that makes them immune to CC and reduces all incoming damage.

DC? Unkillable.

OPP or BiS OPH? Unkillable.

GWF? BiS GWF vs BiS GF, GWF unkillable. Runs away like a little girl when his hit points gets low. Sometimes pops Determination/Berserker mode so he can scream like a little girl while running away.

CW? Bunny hopping scum!
    Hi, Jumping I know you don't play PvP so my proposed change may seem bizzare to you. There are ingame powers that has enclosure - this power is half as effective when casted on players, like Assailiant or one of HR feature that I forgot it's name. What you wrote here is most likely PuG experience but on premades this isn't looking like this. I'm not going to divulge on whats going on with different classes, but I have BiS gear and fought one of BiS GFs. I have 160k HP, 45% deflection chance, 10% DR, full lionsmane gear, and ring of impenetrability was the only reason why I wasn't shining green after I got hit by 2 swipes of Crushing Surge. That's why. There is also certain combo that makes it impossible to dodge the GF incoming rotation (chain stunlock) that I'm not going to mention here cause I don't wanna fight more copycats. Netherless, that was my feedback on the topic. Ask toughest GWF around, if he can survive GF combo, BiS level fight.
    Thankyou for making my second point and as a bonus without any more prodding from me, my 3rd point.

Your arguments are based purely on BiS GF's. You have no interest in anything other than BiS GF's so your reason for posting here is purely to nerf BiS GF's with no regard for GF's with much lower gear.

If you want to provide balanced feedback provide them with regards to GF's as a whole, I don't know anything as an SW but if I was you I would stick to your own SW thread providing feedback on a class you obviously know very well without getting the daggers out for the competition.

And I do PvP, I re-started a week ago hence why I said I have Elemental Burning gear, I'm not in a PvP guild, I do not run in a PvP guild nor will I ever, GF is my main, my main focus is PvE I run PvP as a sideshow to my main activities. My point here is that I pug Dom and GG when it pops, which is not often and although I will never be anything close to the BiS GF's you are talking about, I am heads above the majority of pugs in terms of gear that try PvP. If I'm struggling against pre-mades, I know they are too.

This discussion has been closed.