Install Arc
Options

(Unofficial) Interim Patchnotes:

12346»

Comments

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Please do NOT increase the cooldown of Lunging Strike... that's the only thing that lets us keep up with the dps we're supposed to be tanking for...

+1 This, no DPS from this. And not only that, the cone is too tiny to hit more then 2 mobs that happen to be standing still next to each other now. Double nerf.

Combat Superiority gives 5% dmg and 5% dmg resist for 8s on rank 1.+1/+1 for every point.
    They reworked perk that buffs it - 5% more dmg and 5% more dmg to combat superiority.
    Nice change when you can end up with 18% dmg buff/13%dmg resist after you got hit.

I totally prefer the pre-nerf better. How did you get 13% DR?
    The TS feat gives 5% and 5% more dmg with the CS passive enabled.

And if you don't get hit by that particular mob? You get nothing.
    Waste of a slot for a conq unless you're agroing everything. Who's going to pick this over steel blitz for a conq now? 8% more DR. Not worth it..

And if you're agroing/tanking, there are better passives to use then this for tank DPS. Shield Warrior's Wraith or Guarded Defense.
    The only spot I see for this now is moping up trash mobs in solo areas maybe.
  • Options
    ixiliamixiliam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    For the SW I think it is worth noting that Immolation Spirits no longer consume soul sparks and therefore no longer gives +10% damage and +25% damage resistance per 6 sparks consumed.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will test it when I get a chance. unless someone beats me to it.. too many projects at work to wrap up this week.

• Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    some addition to HR changes (PTR 14.07.2016)

damage nerfs:
    at-wills:
    ranged:
    rapid shot; split shot; hunter's teamwork -4%; aimed shot -7,5%
    melee:
    rapid strike, aimed strike, careful attack -7,5%

encounters:
    ranged:
    hindering shot, rain of arrows, binding arrow -3,8...4%
    melee:
    marauder's rush, hindering strike, boar charge, fox shift, plant growth -7,4...7,5%

dailies:
    forest ghost (per tick), slasher's mark -7,5%
    disruptive shot -4%

damage buffs

at-wills:
    split strike +35%
    encounters:
    cordon of arrows +2%
    thorn ward +4...4,5%
    ambush +4,3%
    longstrider's shot +5...6%
    constricting arrow + 5,7%
    thorn strike +6,8%
    commanding shot +58-59%
    rain of swords +16%
    steel breeze +62%
    bear trap +85%
    gushing wound x2,8 (initial hit), 10 ticks do 38-40% damage of initial hit each
    oak skin x3,5 healing
    hawk shot: x7 lower margin (damage) +10,5% higher margin. lower margin damage triggers for targets at 20' or closer;
    higher margin damage triggers for targets at 60' or further.

changes in mechanics:

forest meditation can now be cancelled only by pressing the power activation button again (you cannot shift from it)
    forest ghost hits any target more than once (once per second).
    marauder's escape does 3 hits to your target, when you escape
    rain of arrows range +4'
    steel breeze now has 3 charges (15s refill), range -5'
    gushing wound is now guaranteed to hit target, but cdr given by it is still broken
    ambush cannot be cancelled by moving but dots still cancel it.

cooldowns reduced for:
    marauder's escape -6,3%
    marauder's rush -12,5%
    rain of arrows -5%
    rain of swords -6,8%
    hawkeye -11%

ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

- There seems to be an overall damage reduction between preview and live with the same conditions. That was not an issue before. i.e: Live -

Preview -

20% loss? Is that not just the loss of 8000 power (20%) from the Barracks SH boon? I'm not seeing a change from Preview to Live with my IBS if I turn off my guild boons on Live to match.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i just checked and yes is the power boon that confused @rinat114. my alt 11k power gwf has 12500 ibs both on live and preview.
  • Options
    cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Frostburn is now 20 seconds cooldown from 30 seconds :)
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    "metalldjt Posts: 1,611 Arc User

10:24AM

Indomitable Strength description was changed from melee to range ' 15 , hidden daggers seem to buff it as intended."

Will the ibs affect by the mighty blade?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

This post continues on page 3 as more space is needed.

Guardian Fighter: (Thanks to @kacezet for this)

- Into the Frey: Now buffs by 10/15/20/25% damage bonus and no longer scales off DR.
    - Steel Defense down to +0.5s duration per level, from 1s duration.
    - Steel Blitz now has a 25% chance to proc, up from 5%. Also 60% of your weapon damage up from 50% and its +5% per rank, down from +12%. Steel Blitz can deal critical hits and does benefit from buffs and debuffs.
    - Temporary hitpoints from ITF are currently not temporary
    - Lunging Strike may have had its cooldown increased, it is 12 seconds on preview, need to check on live.
    - Combat Superiority changed from 10% to 5%.
    - Cleave - recovers 5% stamina
    - Terrifying Impact - is a stun (prone on live)
    - Anvil of Doom - If your target has less than 50% you deal additional damage over 5s (down from instantly 2x damage)
    - Supremacy of Steel - now also increases deflection chance
    - Steel Grace - at rank4 increases run speed by 17.5%, deflect chance by 5% and critical chance by 5%
    - Line Breaker Assault - increases DR by 10% and dazes enemies
    - Enduring Warrior: An addition of "You gain 10% increased incoming healing" has been added to the class feat. +5% incoming healing to each rank.
    - Indomitable Strengthen - The target deals less 20% less damage up from 10%.
    - Ferocious Reaction - This effect can only occur every 3 minutes down from 5. Every rank is -30s down from -60s. The DR buff is now 10s up from 5s.
    - Weapon Master's Strike now requires you target something to attack.
    - Tactical Superiority - Combat Superiority grants an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage, however, it does still require the target to hit you first.
    - Iron Focus (Improved Reaction on Live) - Frontline Surge now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to Taunt and mark the affected Targets.
    - Powerful Strike - Line Breaker Assault now has its recharge time reduced by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1s for every target hit.
    - Villains menace duration reduced, increases by 1 second per rank down from 2.
    - Jagged blades duration down from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    - Griffons Wraith has max of 3 charges, damage is increased per rank not number of charges.
    - Commander's Strike cooldown increased, duration of effect decreased and requires target to be marked.
    - Supremacy of Steel is no longer expendable (or is no longer listed in tooltip as)
    - Enforced Threat damage increases per rank, previously was just stamina regain increase. Enforced Threat's new tooltip also says they've added a threat-building mechanic for attacking affected targets.

-Tooltip fix for lurker's Assault to better clarify what the ability does

I might be ok with the flat 25% max ITF nerf if they change one other aspect: Make it apply to everyone in a 50' radius not just the GF party...

They need to add a defensive aspect or something to Combat Superiority only adding 5% damage makes it worthless.

Please do NOT increase the cooldown of Lunging Strike... that's the only thing that lets us keep up with the dps we're supposed to be tanking for...

Combat Superiority gives 5% dmg and 5% dmg resist for 8s on rank 1.+1/+1 for every point.
    They reworked perk that buffs it - 5% more dmg and 5% more dmg to combat superiority.
    Nice change when you can end up with 18% dmg buff/13%dmg resist after you got hit.
    imgur.com/lxoFi96
    imgur.com/280zNCn
    And I would call that a great rework of the skill. Giving damage and damage resistance on a same page? yes please.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

This post continues on page 3 as more space is needed.

Guardian Fighter: (Thanks to @kacezet for this)

- Into the Frey: Now buffs by 10/15/20/25% damage bonus and no longer scales off DR.
    - Steel Defense down to +0.5s duration per level, from 1s duration.
    - Steel Blitz now has a 25% chance to proc, up from 5%. Also 60% of your weapon damage up from 50% and its +5% per rank, down from +12%. Steel Blitz can deal critical hits and does benefit from buffs and debuffs.
    - Temporary hitpoints from ITF are currently not temporary
    - Lunging Strike may have had its cooldown increased, it is 12 seconds on preview, need to check on live.
    - Combat Superiority changed from 10% to 5%.
    - Cleave - recovers 5% stamina
    - Terrifying Impact - is a stun (prone on live)
    - Anvil of Doom - If your target has less than 50% you deal additional damage over 5s (down from instantly 2x damage)
    - Supremacy of Steel - now also increases deflection chance
    - Steel Grace - at rank4 increases run speed by 17.5%, deflect chance by 5% and critical chance by 5%
    - Line Breaker Assault - increases DR by 10% and dazes enemies
    - Enduring Warrior: An addition of "You gain 10% increased incoming healing" has been added to the class feat. +5% incoming healing to each rank.
    - Indomitable Strengthen - The target deals less 20% less damage up from 10%.
    - Ferocious Reaction - This effect can only occur every 3 minutes down from 5. Every rank is -30s down from -60s. The DR buff is now 10s up from 5s.
    - Weapon Master's Strike now requires you target something to attack.
    - Tactical Superiority - Combat Superiority grants an additional 1/2/3/4/5% more damage, however, it does still require the target to hit you first.
    - Iron Focus (Improved Reaction on Live) - Frontline Surge now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to Taunt and mark the affected Targets.
    - Powerful Strike - Line Breaker Assault now has its recharge time reduced by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1s for every target hit.
    - Villains menace duration reduced, increases by 1 second per rank down from 2.
    - Jagged blades duration down from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
    - Griffons Wraith has max of 3 charges, damage is increased per rank not number of charges.
    - Commander's Strike cooldown increased, duration of effect decreased and requires target to be marked.
    - Supremacy of Steel is no longer expendable (or is no longer listed in tooltip as)
    - Enforced Threat damage increases per rank, previously was just stamina regain increase. Enforced Threat's new tooltip also says they've added a threat-building mechanic for attacking affected targets.

-Tooltip fix for lurker's Assault to better clarify what the ability does

I might be ok with the flat 25% max ITF nerf if they change one other aspect: Make it apply to everyone in a 50' radius not just the GF party...

They need to add a defensive aspect or something to Combat Superiority only adding 5% damage makes it worthless.

imgur.com/lxoFi96
    imgur.com/280zNCn
    And I would call that a great rework of the skill. Giving damage and damage resistance on a same page? yes please.
    Reduction. Not Resistance. I am glad for this either way. Very nervous for the full GF rework because Cleave is still garbage.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @silverkelt @metalldjt managed to get on tonight for some very preliminary DC power-share testing.

At first glance, it looks like BoB, WoL, and AA all still effect companions and get amplified back, and as far as I can tell is consistent with sharing based on some unbuffed "base" power.

It's hard to work out what goes into this "base" for the power-sharing without a friend to read back buff numbers, so that will have to wait for a play date I've scheduled later in the week.

The self-buffing I'm getting on a practice dummy is 29% less power buff at spamming BoB + companion's gift "steady state" and 32% less power increase at spamming BoB + AA+ companion's gift "steady state". I'm sure those numbers are significantly influenced by my build / gear, but not sure how else to report findings alone.

My total power at each steady state is around 20-25% lower than before. I think that means that the buffing I'm putting out must be significantly decreased, but it's late and I might not be making sense of this right.

As a reference I have 18k power out of combat (no guild boon active) and have a pet with a hair over 5k power and 3x r12 bondings.
  • Options
    supertez666supertez666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Maybe I'm Wrong, but to me it seems that the SW has been nerfed just for the Fury path and TT use. using damnation path with spirits as dayly, reading the updates seems empowered up and not nerfed... am I wrong?

Obviously I'm talking about SW itself and not for the buff bonus earned with a GF in party.
  • Options
    aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

@thefabricant ITF its 15% at rank +5 per each rank total of 30% (thanks of @clonkyo1 for providing this info)

Wonder if Inspiring Leader (tact feat 1/2/3/4/5% Fray dmg buff) remained intact to bring up to 35% total.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Based on my GF

With Inspiring Leader the ITF buff is 36% (for me that's a reduction from 81%)

Looks like Lunging Strike has been nerfed by 25% less damage and the cooldown increased by 50% ( 5.7sec increased to 8.6s)

Enforced Threat (at max) has a 50% increase in Damage (6386 up to 9645)

Cleave - same damage just the Stamina Increase

Tide of Iron (at max although not sure if that counts) - 30% increase to base damage (2767 up to 3630) but really this is insignificant as it used for debuff not damage

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Based on my GF

With Inspiring Leader the ITF buff is 36% (for me that's a reduction from 81%)

Looks like Lunging Strike has been nerfed by 25% less damage and the cooldown increased by 50% ( 5.7sec increased to 8.6s)

Enforced Threat (at max) has a 50% increase in Damage (6386 up to 9645)

Cleave - same damage just the Stamina Increase

Tide of Iron (at max although not sure if that counts) - 30% increase to base damage (2767 up to 3630) but really this is insignificant as it used for debuff not damage

Yeah, I was actually wondering why even buffing this skill if it's not even a damage thing. Each time it was "announced" that TOD was getting a "buff" I was like....yeah, cool, great :smiley:

Cleave might be a considered alternative to WMS, but ever since I switched from IV to SM I can't think of not having WMS slotted.

ET is a must have for marking, one of very few "DPS" AOE encounters we have, so I welcome to have 50% more damage on this one.

35% damage buff for ITF is great. I really think this fix was needed and mandatory to have the game more like it was in earlier mods. Burning bosses in seconds is cool, but it get's old.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

i just checked and yes is the power boon that confused @rinat114. my alt 11k power gwf has 12500 ibs both on live and preview.

I have the power boon ACTIVE on both live and preview, my stats are identical. Could be a bug they resolved though.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Great, they buffed the damage of sheild slam you use once every minute for stam regen.
    I stand by my agrument that the changed combat superiority is not useful anymore compared to the other passives for tanks or congs.

What about the fact they nerfed villains menace, steel defense, lunge, and a bunch of other stuff totally not related to DPS.

That CC resistance is required unless you want to keep your sheild up 100% of the time.
    You want to drop that shield to use the improved cleave (which is still garbage), you'll be flat on your back or proned or something. That's the price of being the idiot that everyone wants to hit.
    In some really bad spots, you need that CC just to get anything that requires you to drop that shield.

You want us to be DPS nuetered and tank-only, but they jack up the tank skills. Well, which one is it?!!

They nerfed durations and cooldowns on key skills--It's like they took away the 4th skill ranks on us. Everyone has 4. We're perm at 3 again (pre-mod 6) because some genius thought it was a good idea? Why?

It's like they took GF skills, printed them out, tossed them on a dart board, and whatever got hit, got a cooldown increase, a duration decrease, or a damage decease. It was DPS that started this complaining in the first place.

Meanwhile all the bugs are still bugged, just alot more of them and don't tell me they'll all be fixed in a month.
    Things that sucked will stay sucky (Griffon's Wraith, Iron Warrion, LBA) . The tank tree of the tank class still serves ZERO purpose. It's just ghetto development. Spit stuff out ASAP and think about later.

Deflect on Steel Supremacy..? You're reflecting the damage back, usually with steel defense on. LOL *falcepalm*
    Post edited by deathbeez on
  • Options
    skullface1884fskullface1884f Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The TT rework could be great and it could be awful. I haven't tested it myself yet and until I see some ACT data I'm still not convinced it's entirely bad but changing it to a single target debuff is a huuuuuge nerf in itself... Being able to TT a mob, nuke a pack and move quickly to another making maximum use of a duration was absolutely key because you do not have the AP regen to TT every pack let alone multiple mobs in a single pack.

Currently, SW has to cast a daily with a long cast animation, TT curse that mob which now has an extended animation slowing you down even more, THEN start your dps rotation and if that involves spamming SS then you need to generate sparks to cast first. And you have to complete this entire farce on every pack of mobs you meet just to compete with the dps of a GWF's At-Will...........

I can't even comprehend how it can be viewed as class balance to alter or nerf TT when they're already nerfing the multipliers like ITF from other classes, we will drop evenlyrfg. If they want to reduce our dmg output with TT then fine but don't change the practical application of it through curse because that's ESSENTIAL for us to get the mileage out of our daily so that we don't go through extensive casting and frame cancelling to TT a mob ASAP just to watch a GWF 1 shot it before we can even get an encounter off, we must have the option to TT more than once, a single mob per 100% AP is USELESS. GWF's are currently steam rolling at an equal level with equal gear and ability without having to spam dailies on every pack.

So in conclusion you've reduced TT area of effect, damage output, cast frequency and versatility in favour of a rework that has done what exactly? :/

Metus - Black Lotus
    4k Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    TT animation is now longer than it was before? Besides the way it's been destroyed this is a joke itself. Even in optimal conditions TT already had far too long of a casting time. Half the time I'm casting TT I get one shot killed and I wave my AP goodbye because even if resurrected it's gone... so now it's even worse?

@strumslinger @terramak This one change can be used as a great example to show just how out of touch your team is with the reality of actual gameplay.

Forget damage for a second, casting animation time is one of the biggest qol issues in this game. It effects both survivability and damage output. It affects the fluidity of the gameplay as well.

Life expectancy of this game seems to dimish when ever the current dev team touches it. Reset the clock to Mod5 and I bet player population would increase.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

The TT rework could be great and it could be awful. I haven't tested it myself yet and until I see some ACT data I'm still not convinced it's entirely bad but changing it to a single target debuff is a huuuuuge nerf in itself... Being able to TT a mob, nuke a pack and move quickly to another making maximum use of a duration was absolutely key because you do not have the AP regen to TT every pack let alone multiple mobs in a single pack.

Currently, SW has to cast a daily with a long cast animation, TT curse that mob which now has an extended animation slowing you down even more, THEN start your dps rotation and if that involves spamming SS then you need to generate sparks to cast first. And you have to complete this entire farce on every pack of mobs you meet just to compete with the dps of a GWF's At-Will...........

I can't even comprehend how it can be viewed as class balance to alter or nerf TT when they're already nerfing the multipliers like ITF from other classes, we will drop evenlyrfg. If they want to reduce our dmg output with TT then fine but don't change the practical application of it through curse because that's ESSENTIAL for us to get the mileage out of our daily so that we don't go through extensive casting and frame cancelling to TT a mob ASAP just to watch a GWF 1 shot it before we can even get an encounter off, we must have the option to TT more than once, a single mob per 100% AP is USELESS. GWF's are currently steam rolling at an equal level with equal gear and ability without having to spam dailies on every pack.

So in conclusion you've reduced TT area of effect, damage output, cast frequency and versatility in favour of a rework that has done what exactly? :/

I have ran with SW that one shot mobs with TT under my ITF buff (and i use goat on my tacti GF). Not to mention all old SW bugs. Every time those bugs allowed SW deal damage and staying on top. Im still laughing hardly when remind puppet-armies in PvP. This class needs rework badly. Real rework, not just small change. But thats at least month of testing and fixing, adjusting. About GWF, put him with augument and without crazy buffs and watch how many atwill swings will take him killing stuff.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    skullface1884fskullface1884f Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Mate I appreciate the response but if you put an SW with an augment we'd do a lot less damage, anyone would because bondings on actives are far superior. Puppet army is a thing of the past, you're talking about reworking a bunch of stuff that is complete history. EVERYBODY does huge damage under a good ITF with DC buffs. My entire point is under the same buff conditions with no AP required, no dailies, no encounters a GWF can top damage and that is utterly wrong but they're being overlooked whilst SW's get the very essence of their DPS crippled. You can't imagine how bad this is unless you play SW. I'm definitely not going to argue that Murderous Flames was broken or that Puppet dmg interaction with the buffs was broken either, be it working as intended or not, but the TT element was absolutely fine. I've ran dungeons without KF/MF or Puppet in a Fury spec and done great balanced damage alongside good GWF's etc, we were on a level playingfield. RIOT have gone TOO FAR.
    Metus - Black Lotus
    4k Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    @kreatyve or @ironzerg79 can you please close this thread now that the official changes are out?
This discussion has been closed.