test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can AD be trasfer between Account

i want to knw if AD can be trasfer between Account if yes i want to knw pls tnks

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,132 Arc User
    Yes. Through a purchase in the Auction House or through the Zen/AD Exchange.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    Yes, via Auction House. 10% transfer fee.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    IMPORTANT, PLEASE BE AWARE:

Moving AD between accounts using the AH is not against the rules, at least as far as I know. However, it's also the way goldsellers provide AD purchased illicitly on 3rd party sites to their customers. As such, PWE actively monitors transactions and if they look like they might not be above board, they WILL BAN YOU. At which time, it will be your personal burden to convince them that what you're doing is legit. Understand, it will be up to you to convince them they were wrong because you can bet your booty that people who are buying from 3rd parties are saying the same thing. If you're trying to do this in order to give AD to a friend, understand that it's exactly this sort of behavior they are looking out for because it's indistinguishable from goldseller transactions. Again.. it could get you AND your other account or your friends account banned.

My very strong and adamant suggestion is: If you want more than two characters, invest in the character slots so you can move AD between your characters in a completely acceptable and legit way (via the ZAX) that won't risk your account being banned (along with the added benefit of account-bound items and all that).

If you want to give AD to a friend, buy/acquire an unbound item of approximate value then trade it to your friend directly so they can sell it for AD. Using the AH for this purpose is very risky (even if it's not an actual violation of the rules), so I would highly recommend against it.
    ...which is often also the requirement to move large sums of AD around so that things like repositories can be opened in the guild vault.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

...which is often also the requirement to move large sums of AD around so that things like repositories can be opened in the guild vault.

Yes. The way Greycloaks handled that early on was to store up valuables in the vault until there was enough there to sell for the AD needed to buy the repo, then a GL did that and unlocked the slot, wash rinse repeat. It would have been much better if there was an AD bank in the vault, but... that's the subject of 1000 other threads :)
  • dantaslayer#7302 dantaslayer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    kvet said:

Moving AD between accounts using the AH is not against the rules, at least as far as I know. However, it's also the way goldsellers provide AD purchased illicitly on 3rd party sites to their customers. As such, PWE actively monitors transactions and if they look like they might not be above board, they WILL BAN YOU. At which time, it will be your personal burden to convince them that what you're doing is legit. Understand, it will be up to you to convince them they were wrong because you can bet your booty that people who are buying from 3rd parties are saying the same thing. If you're trying to do this in order to give AD to a friend, understand that it's exactly this sort of behavior they are looking out for because it's indistinguishable from goldseller transactions. Again.. it could get you AND your other account or your friends account banned.

My very strong and adamant suggestion is: If you want more than two characters, invest in the character slots so you can move AD between your characters in a completely acceptable and legit way (via the ZAX) that won't risk your account being banned (along with the added benefit of account-bound items and all that).

If you want to give AD to a friend, buy/acquire an unbound item of approximate value then trade it to your friend directly so they can sell it for AD. Using the AH for this purpose is very risky (even if it's not an actual violation of the rules), so I would highly recommend against it.

i just want to move some to my other account
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,346 Arc User

kvet said:

If you want to grow characters in different account, my advise is don't.
    After may be a month, you will find out this will be very painful.
    Having mature playable invested characters in multiple account is a mistake many newbies do.

Even if you just want them to be your farmers, you will soon find out it is a very painful practice.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Arc should just add the possibility to transfer AD to your bank just like you can with gold and trade bars. I don't understand why that's not possible..
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    The proper solution for this is to make AD account-wide currency (like zen). Everything else is unnecessary clicking from players. Instead of fighting monsters we fight game mechanics.
    Same should be done for tradebars and gold too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Arc should just add the possibility to transfer AD to your bank just like you can with gold and trade bars. I don't understand why that's not possible..

Because it would make it too easy for the goldspammers, which are already a horrible problem, but would be so much worse if they didn't have to use the AH to transfer funds.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited August 2016

Legit it may be. But the same warning applies here: It's not 100% safe. Don't do this with large amounts of AD or you risk being banned. Ive had several guildies being banned (and, with much effort, eventually restored) just for transferring 900k AD across the same account on the same day.

Interesting - I've never heard of this happening before. Using the exchange has been a thing for years and years, long before NW, but never have I heard of anyone having problems with it. I don't typically transfer massive amounts of AD though, so trying to move nearly a million might trigger some other threshold and cause a false positive ban, it's also possible it looked like they were using a script to make the transfers. Heuristics aren't foolproof, and false positives DO happen, unfortunately, Glad they were able to get restored.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but you should seriously reconsider using multiple accounts to expand past two toons. If you want more characters, put the effort into grinding out AD, buying Zen with it, then getting the slots. The benefits of having all your toons on one account are just too numerous to effectively name here and the potential downsides to spreading your toons out across accounts are likewise numerous. Saving the time and/or money by using multiple account is just not worth it. I'm not trying to be an advertisement for the Zen store, anyone who knows me can tell you I'm the LAST person to normally encourage anyone to buy anything, but character slots (as opposed to multiple accounts) is just a no-brainer.
    kreatyve said:

Because it would make it too easy for the goldspammers, which are already a horrible problem, but would be so much worse if they didn't have to use the AH to transfer funds.

I don't know - AD transfers can be automated very easily since it's possible to do on the Gateway, so I don't think there's any particular barrier such a feature plays against bots. Sure, it would simplify such transfers, but it's no burden for cheaters anyway - the only burden is on legit players who have to use the ZAX manually. Not that it's hard with both gameclient and gateway, but the point is, as it stands today, players are the ones disadvantaged not cheaters. I'd fully support an AD repo in the account bank, along with an AD repo in the guild bank (but modified for deposits only and only usable to open guild bank repos - cannot deposit more than require to open all repositories).

• sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User

Don't do it. You will be banned because only gold sellers move AD from 1 account to another. Doesn't matter why you want to do it, you become a goldseller in cryptics myopic eyes if you do.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Could suggest it to be a subscriber option.
    An option to link accounts under one account.
    But i think it has been suggested quite a few times.
    And quite a lot of good suggestions that be said over
    time that could have been good ideas for subs and to
    get more people to sub but for some reason they don't.

And to me been playing on and off for a long time and still
    baffled as to why it still not option to store AD in bank, even
    as a subscriber option.

But i expect someone will post a list of reasons why its a
    bad idea. As always.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

Don't do it. You will be banned because only gold sellers move AD from 1 account to another. Doesn't matter why you want to do it, you become a goldseller in cryptics myopic eyes if you do.

Only gold sellers move AD between accounts? What about two people who play together and wish to share resources? Or, like the OP, one person with two accounts? There are other reasons for moving AD around that are not related to gold sellers.

Funny the term used is still 'gold seller' in this game when gold is all but worthless! :)

Not sure how having a depository in the personal shared bank for AD, like there is for Gold and Trade Bars, would help the gold sellers, however. Why not add it instead of people having to go through the ZAX all the time?

As for the Auction House, well, I'd suggest playing the usual buy-low, sell-high game if possible. You will lose 10% due to the AH cut, but it shouldn't trigger anything bad unless you're being excessive. After all you'll just be doing what a ton of other people are already doing with single accounts. Just buy and resell something that moves well.

Another idea is simply don't transfer your AD between accounts unless you really, really, need to for some reason. You can, however, just buy things from the AH with your other account and then give it to your characters on your main account to use. This way you don't lose the 10% either.

However, keep in mind, that none of the suggestions for moving your AD are guaranteed to be foolproof, you may still run into issues and as others on this thread have mentioned, you may potentially have your account banned.

Having a single account for all your active characters really is the best bet, and character slots come in pairs... two slots for 500 Zen, 400 Zen if you can get a coupon. Along with VIP the character slots are one of the better deals on the Zen store! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I had a very similar question, I bought a piece of equipment for roughly 10Mil AD. I didn't want to look like a gold seller and buy a potion for 10Mil and I didn't want that piece of equipment to hit the AH because it would get sniped. Knight Captians helm was not listed on the AH at the time. I ended up trading rank 12s for it and the other person just sold them off.

Play it safe, don't do it :) A week long ban will feel like a lifetime lol
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    I strongly suggest to never "transfer" AD between your accounts... As others pointed out, this is a red flag and may incur in game infractions (including banning). Just because one chose to play multiple accounts, that doesn't mean one is entitled to treat them as a single account. The choice was made to play multiple accounts, so one must abide that they are separate accounts despite who is playing them. My suggestion is to just buy what you want for your other account and then mail it to that account. If the item is a BoP item or some other "character/account only" purchase, then play that account to earn it like it is intended.

Also, as others suggest to... I strongly suggest to just stick to one account. I've stopped playing my alternate accounts because it is just too much of a hassle to manage them all, especially when a good number of characters reach max level on them. It is far better to just earn enough AD on one account to convert it to enough Zen to buy more character slots, which are quite cheap in my opinion.

Besides "free character slots" -- there really is no good reason to have multiple accounts, especially since Multi-boxing is a bannable offense. Even if the only reason is to "have more character slots," this is a double edged sword, as you run into issues where things are account bound, things you earn are account perks, transferring of AD is prohibited, and so on... Neverwinter isn't like some of the other MMOs (like EVE and WoW) where Multi-boxing is accepted and almost seemingly encouraged. Neverwinter is meant to be played on one account at a time by any one person.

sm0ld3r said:

Only gold sellers move AD between accounts? What about two people who play together and wish to share resources? Or, like the OP, one person with two accounts? There are other reasons for moving AD around that are not related to gold sellers.

Funny the term used is still 'gold seller' in this game when gold is all but worthless! :)

Not sure how having a depository in the personal shared bank for AD, like there is for Gold and Trade Bars, would help the gold sellers, however. Why not add it instead of people having to go through the ZAX all the time?

As for the Auction House, well, I'd suggest playing the usual buy-low, sell-high game if possible. You will lose 10% due to the AH cut, but it shouldn't trigger anything bad unless you're being excessive. After all you'll just be doing what a ton of other people are already doing with single accounts. Just buy and resell something that moves well.

Another idea is simply don't transfer your AD between accounts unless you really, really, need to for some reason. You can, however, just buy things from the AH with your other account and then give it to your characters on your main account to use. This way you don't lose the 10% either.

However, keep in mind, that none of the suggestions for moving your AD are guaranteed to be foolproof, you may still run into issues and as others on this thread have mentioned, you may potentially have your account banned.

Having a single account for all your active characters really is the best bet, and character slots come in pairs... two slots for 500 Zen, 400 Zen if you can get a coupon. Along with VIP the character slots are one of the better deals on the Zen store! :)
    I agree, it is a bit over the top. There were folks doing loot split runs that got banned for transferring the legitimately earned AD this way. I think it's criminal that they can be this heavy handed but unfortunately unless someone sues them they can do whatever they want.
    sm0ld3r said:

I agree, it is a bit over the top. There were folks doing loot split runs that got banned for transferring the legitimately earned AD this way. I think it's criminal that they can be this heavy handed but unfortunately unless someone sues them they can do whatever they want.

What is a "loot split run"? Sorry, I've only been around a of couple months so far! :)

I don't recall saying anything was 'over the top', however, as this is their game we do have to abide by their rules to play, whether we agree with them or not. Sort of like real life, except here you just get banned instead of going to jail! ;)
    @samaka#2511
    sm0ld3r said:

Sue them for what? Enforcing ToS?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    kvet said:

i didnt read it all but the first 3 lines are true.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    My new computer came with steam and I started NW there build my ist hr to 60 but soon discovered many limitations to steam concerning Zen and discounts and free items that could only be redeemed thru Arc so I ended up with 2 accounts after a bout 3 months it was to much trouble and finally I quit playing the 1 all together. I do wish there was a way to move the old character to the account I now have played last 2 years but there is not.
    edited August 2016

sm0ld3r said:

What is a "loot split run"? Sorry, I've only been around a of couple months so far! :)

First off @sm0ld3r - there's no way to sue them - the ToS is very clear:

4.12 Please note that regardless of any notice, we reserve the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your Account at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason, or for no reason.
    Meaning, they can ban or suspend your account at any time for whatever reason they want, and by creating an account, you agree to those terms.

@samaka#2511 - A loot split run, first off, is irrelevant now. But back when you could get sellable drops from Dungeons, particular the old Castle Never DD, the way parties would do it is, one person was designated as the loot master and they would take the drop and sell it on the AH. Then, they would divide up the AD and transfer it to the other party members using the AH. Basically, the party members would post an item for a specific amount, and the loot master would buy it, thus transfer the AD. The problem is, as mentioned already, this is also how goldsellers (a generic term for 3rd party item/AD sellers) transfer the AD their customers have purchased. Buying from 3rd parties is patently against the rules, and there are systems in place that look for this sort of activity. Legit loot-share transfers look EXACTLY like illegal 3rd party vendor activity and the result is that accounts get banned. Sometimes you can get reinstated, but if you were cheating you'd say the same thing... and Cryptic doesn't have to care (see 4.12 in the ToS above). That means it becomes YOUR burden to convince them to care enough to look at your transaction, which is hard because they're busy and have probably heard every excuse under the sun already.

Bottom line. It's a MASSIVE risk, and given how cheap character slots are ($5 USD or less, depending on coupons and how much AD you grind out, all the way down to FREE), it's just not worth it to use multiple accounts.

Thanks for that info @kvet, and yes, it is very understandable how transferring AD from one account to another can look like goldseller activity... though I'd imagine you would have to do such things somewhat frequently to attract attention, or sell things for prices way out of line with the going prices of the sold items? Otherwise how could they tell normal AH activities from goldseller activity? Which means, of course, you are right that the best defense is simply to not transfer the AD in the first place it seems!

Every MMO I have played... well maybe with the exception of DDO... has been plagued with 'gold' sellers, they are a bane of MMO's, but especially the free-to-play variety it seems now! :(

@samaka#2511
  • tieashametieashame Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    If I buy something from a guildie at a discounted price *guild discount ya know* it scares me due to the "OMG she is a seller, ban boom" thing. The AH is a great thing but be careful when trading and what-nots.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Thanks for that info @kvet, and yes, it is very understandable how transferring AD from one account to another can look like goldseller activity... though I'd imagine you would have to do such things somewhat frequently to attract attention, or sell things for prices way out of line with the going prices of the sold items? Otherwise how could they tell normal AH activities from goldseller activity? Which means, of course, you are right that the best defense is simply to not transfer the AD in the first place it seems!

Every MMO I have played... well maybe with the exception of DDO... has been plagued with 'gold' sellers, they are a bane of MMO's, but especially the free-to-play variety it seems now! :(

It is my belief, and I'm not 100% sure on this, that if a certain account is flagged as suspicious, they do tend to watch that account more closely for possible violations. So yes, if you haven't attracted any attention, and if you have never been reported, you could possibly try to move the AD between accounts without getting banned for goldseller activity, however we still do not recommend you do so.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I used to do this all the time. I never got banned, but it wasnt 10's of millions AD.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User

Actually Black Desert has no gold sellers. They simply don't allow user trading. No user trading = No gold sellers.

I agree with Kreatyve up there, about this, but also I think you would have to be doing "A LOT" of trades not just one and done. In my career we use common sense to spot security leaks. Common sense, in this case, would tell me if you have made a bunch of purchases for silly items priced at exactly 1,100,000 AD, then you are more than likely a AD seller and all the people you bought from are your customers.

In my opinion, I guess I still don't see any point to this trading or making multiple free accounts. I saved up my AD and used it to buy Zen in the exchange. This method allowed me to buy 4 additional character slots. I can send other characters AD without losing 10% chunk that way.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
    sameriker said:

Actually Black Desert has no gold sellers. They simply don't allow user trading. No user trading = No gold sellers.

I agree with Kreatyve up there, about this, but also I think you would have to be doing "A LOT" of trades not just one and done. In my career we use common sense to spot security leaks. Common sense, in this case, would tell me if you have made a bunch of purchases for silly items priced at exactly 1,100,000 AD, then you are more than likely a AD seller and all the people you bought from are your customers.

In my opinion, I guess I still don't see any point to this trading or making multiple free accounts. I saved up my AD and used it to buy Zen in the exchange. This method allowed me to buy 4 additional character slots. I can send other characters AD without losing 10% chunk that way.
    Wait, no trading between users at all? No auction house, period? Wow, that seems drastic! :(

@samaka#2511
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    sameriker said:

Common sense, in this case, would tell me if you have made a bunch of purchases for silly items priced at exactly 1,100,000 AD, then you are more than likely a AD seller and all the people you bought from are your customers.

which was exactly how we used to split loot after the keys were made BtA.
    If the item sold for 500k 4 participants would, after sale of the item, put a worthless item into the AH for ~100k and the clerk would buy these items. It was not that easy as it looks with the 10% AH fee.
    But this would basically have flagged every shared loot run as criminal.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    greywynd said:

sm0ld3r said:

Sue them for what? Enforcing ToS?
    Forgive me but where in the ToS does it say you can't do a dungeon run with a group of 5 friends and split the earned rewards by having them post items to the AH for their loot shares and then buying them with the person who collected the loot?

Yes, they are banning people just for that. Yes I know people that got banned for this who I used to run CN loot split runs.

For those that don't know a loot split run is where 5 people run a dungeon and in the case of old CN it used to drop 1 guaranteed item that was worth a few hundred AD to over 1M AD. Rather than just roll, since everyone did the work, the group would agree to sell the items from the runs and split the AD. 1 person would collect the loot and work out the splits. There was nothing against the ToS in doing this. Why should there be?