test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Game Crash to Desktop and Client Freezes.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well here I am again after the big patch that was meant to fix this issue...

The game crashes to desktop when I enter combat. I have a very powerful rig with all the latest hardware with windows 10. I have tried everything from downgrading to Windows 7 to changing the hard drives you name it iv'e done it..

honestly I'm so tired of this issue now I have come to the conclusion that Neverwinter dose not play on any extreme high end rigs if anyone that is reading this has a super computer and is playing this game with no problems please post here just so I can see if there is people out there in the same boat as me.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You know what?
    Still crashing and freezing after the latest patch on 12/03

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Win 7 pro., OS and drivers are up to date, and even after the last patch there're still freezes when logging too fast from one character to another.
    Curious thing about this freezing, the game was running fine for a while afte that patch, but now it's back to freezing randomly again... and force verify can't find anything wrong with the game either.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    throken#6821 throken Member Posts: 4 New User
    Also getting this same issue, windows 7 64bit
  • Options
    sheldon301sheldon301 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Windows 10 64-bit. High end gaming PC, can't play for more than a couple minutes at a time. First time I fight an enemy, crash to desktop.
  • Options
    panthrax#9856 panthrax Member Posts: 1 New User
    i started the game off from the arc games patches and then as soon as i hit play it goes black screen instently and says neverwinter not responding what do i do i have a good computer runs well just stop working a few days after patch
  • Options
    sob01sob01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    starting couple days ago N.O. freezes and crashes after taking screenshot and have to reboot pc. win 10 with nvidia 8600 B)
  • Options
    taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Wow... so yeah, I quit for a while when I couldn't ever enter combat in the game due to crashing. Did some research upon returning and found out what the issue was.

*Drumroll.....*
    Wireless headset. :s

Went to a $9 WIRED headset (old school, with the mic jack and earphone jack, but USB will work fine too) and game runs flawlessly now.

Now, I've seen that a ton of people have since replied to this thread and it seems the vast majority have come in NOT with the same issue I originally posted about. So if you're having launcher crashes or loading crashes or crashes hanging around in the enclave or crashes that happen in addition TO being in combat, this fix may not work.

However, if your crashes are happening strictly when you are in combat, it will likely solve the issue. If you want to test it before buying a new gaming headset, just get like pair of headphones for an iPod or whatever and plug them in to your earphone jack if you don't have a wired USB headset laying around.

Hope this helps a few of you. For the others, best of luck!
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    That has to be the weirdest cause of a crash I have ever heard of.

I recently had an issue where my Logitech G12 was fighting with my Steam Controller when trying to play Dark Souls 3 but that at least made some logical sense since the game ran but was simply not accepting Steam Controller specific input (track pad and mouse click buttons on the controller worked but the buttons did not).

Peripherals causing a crash though...that's a new one for me. Very odd but glad you figured it out...how on earth did you figure that out? Was it actually listed on some website or was it just dumb luck?
  • Options
    There was another thread on the subject of the game crashing and someone else had figured it out when they had to swap headsets and go back to their old wired one. When they did that, all the crashing during combat stopped :) It's very strange, though, I agree!!
  • Options
    baaleosbaaleos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't know if this will help - I am going to try it myself, but I had an issue with Overwolf - where the twitch streaming would not work if my default sound device was at too high a bitrate.
    My headset is an Afterglow headset (wireless)
    After changing the bitrate for the recording sound settings to 'tape recording' in control panel sound settings, it made the Twitch Plugin work for Overwolf.

I only mention it because it too was an issue caused by Wireless Headset/hardware which had a default high bitrate.
    Perhaps lowering the recording bitrate in sound options could also fix NW.

Note - I too am on Windows 10, and a NVidia GTX Titan, with 16GB Ram- and have been crashing every-time I get into an active battle.
    I say active battle, because its always a battle where I am actually working hard to kill things, if it is a single enemy that I can kill easily, no crash, if however it is a group of mobs, and I am actually working hard to stay alive, then boom - crash.
    Its like it knows when to cause most pain to me.

Anyway - I will try the overwolf fix from above, to see if it randomly fixes NW too.
  • Options
    baaleos said:

Anyway - I will try the overwolf fix from above, to see if it randomly fixes NW too.

Thanks! I'd be curious to know if it works! A wired headset with a toddler running around can be cumbersome at times ;) Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    swittalswittal Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also had this problem, but it was with a wireless headset specifically made for a PS3. It was USB and worked on my PC for all my games until I tried it with Neverwinter Online. Once I figured out it was the headset, a very frustrating process, I did some digging and read on a forum somewhere that it may be because the headset is not specifically designed for PC. I switched to a new Logitech wireless headset and that has worked perfectly. So, in my case at least, both my test headsets were wireless, the one that works is built for PC and that's what made the difference.