What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Paingiver doesn't tell you:

2»

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Paingiver also doesn't lay out how much pain and suffering the bad guys endured before their violent death ripped the life from their bodies. It doesn't tell you that they woke up this morning, not realizing that today would be the day they were going to die.

Paingiver doesn't tell you what their families have to now endure... the loss of a parent, a spouse. The kids grow up, hating adventurers and of course spring to action against what they perceive to be the evils that ripped apart their families, their childhoods.

Just another perspective. :-D
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User

asterotg said:

Many ppl just profit from buff/ debuff mechanics, without any understanding of it.

This 100%. If I was to redesign tthe Paingiver chart, I would add credit damage contributed by buffs and debuffs.

If someone is hitting for 20% more damage because of your buff, then you should get credit for that 20% extra damage.

Now that would be something to see, wouldn't it. :smile:
    Every one would roll GFs CWs and DCs. Then we'd have no true DPS. And then the arguments would be: "I BUFF BETTER THAN YOU!" "NO, I BUFF BETTER THAN YOU".

actually that sounds awesome.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Paingiver tells you who has the most common measurable smug. The best smugs are unmeasurable.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Thats why i dont even bother looking at paingiver chart..i just gives u pain in the head..
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I said that as far back as mod 1.. give a screen shot showing your contribution to total damage.. Now that would open some eyes..

• Options
    jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    It is so simple folks. The paingiver board DOES NOT show how hard you can hit. BUT it DOES SHOW how efficient you are in term of dealing dps.

What is the meaning of having a (A, B, C,.. X, Y,Z) mils hit and still have no efficiency in dungeon?

U can have all the BiS gears that every1 wishes for. U can deal whatever 1mil 2mils or 20 mils, 200mils when r*ping dummies, soloing dungeons or maybe pressing encounters without having skilled/ competitive DPSers in your runs and tell people about that. That means nothing. In fact, what you are doing there is only using your expensive gears to dominate newbies and in other words that's exactly what ppl usually call: P2W. In the other hand, having high efficiency in dungeons is a different story. It requires a good understanding of your class mechanics which is not BUYable.

So if u get lost Paing.board by a player who you know as a lower hitter than you yourself, stop making this excuse that paing.board doesn't mean anything and that it doesn't show how much dps you have. Just be aware that u are not as efficiency as the player.

At the end of the day, my ultimate goal is to have better and faster grinding. So my DPSser-priority is always 1st; friends. 2nd: those people who play with attitude and high efficiency. 3nd: those who have no desire to compete (just to fill up the team).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    two30 said:

Paingiver tells you who has the most common measurable smug. The best smugs are unmeasurable.

ROFL. Best comment in here in a long time.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    jasman23 said:

It is so simple folks. The paingiver board DOES NOT show how hard you can hit. BUT it DOES SHOW how efficient you are in term of dealing dps.

What is the meaning of having a (A, B, C,.. X, Y,Z) mils hit and still have no efficiency in dungeon?

U can have all the BiS gears that every1 wishes for. U can deal whatever 1mil 2mils or 20 mils, 200mils when r*ping dummies, soloing dungeons or maybe pressing encounters without having skilled/ competitive DPSers in your runs and tell people about that. That means nothing. In fact, what you are doing there is only using your expensive gears to dominate newbies and in other words that's exactly what ppl usually call: P2W. In the other hand, having high efficiency in dungeons is a different story. It requires a good understanding of your class mechanics which is not BUYable.

So if u get lost Paing.board by a player who you know as a lower hitter than you yourself, stop making this excuse that paing.board doesn't mean anything and that it doesn't show how much dps you have. Just be aware that u are not as efficiency as the player.

At the end of the day, my ultimate goal is to have better and faster grinding. So my DPSser-priority is always 1st; friends. 2nd: those people who play with attitude and high efficiency. 3nd: those who have no desire to compete (just to fill up the team).

Lets see. CW SS traum. op deals more dmg, then MF rene. traum.. Is he more effective in a high end group? No.

Easier examples one DC uses HG, the other a dmg skill. One player uses HV or HP set the other one the new set. A GF plays with ITF, the other GF with 3 dmg skills. In each scenario the first one will most likely deal less dmg, but have a higher efficiency.

Watch OPs speed kill videos and try to do the same with the 5 top DDs you know.

There is a small window, where paingiver can give you somehow reliable data, if you want to compare personal dps. Most of the times it is just useless.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @asterotg You are talking about the buff element here mate and that is an entire different category. I was talking about dpsers like pure dps not hybrid. To be honest I rather take a pure dps or pure buffer than a hybrid.

Nowadays, almost every class can go DPS yes BUT each class is designed to serve the team in its own way. So for example, u can go dps as DC but it would be totally HAMSTER and not as effective as when TR, GWF, CW, SW doing dps unless u are puging or pugstorming. Play a DPS class if u want to do dps, just dont dpsing with a support class.

Ppl who think paingiver is useless when it comes to showing how good ur dps is MISS one very important point. Good personal dps isnt only about how high ur hits are... It is also about how fast your burst. The definition of fast bursting may not sound familiar to most NWO players because this game offers many buffs with long duration. In other games, buffs last like only some seconds and the CDs are ridiculous, thats where the ability of bursting fast is even more necessary.
    So the point im trying to bring up here. Being good at stealing DPS or ''Being fast in removing monster's HP'' as @thefabrican called is also an aspect of ''having high dps'' (DPS = damage per second). Fast bursting = dealing high damage in a second = high DPS right?

So when a TR with all the godlike buffs kills everything with just 1 daily in less than 1 second, some ppl might call it cheating, stealing dps. But me, I call that high DPS as TR was able to burst faster than anyone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    jasman23 said:

So when a TR with all the godlike buffs kills everything with just 1 daily in less than 1 second, some ppl might call it cheating, stealing dps. But me, I call that high DPS as TR was able to burst faster than anyone else.

You mix PVP with PVE in your post. I dont think 1 class should be able to oneshot other ppls in PVP. Its not cheating, its wrong balanced and needs a fix.
    And ofc its not "High DPS" like you said. Has nothing to do with "burst faster than anyone else". A TR in PVP may be a god and can execute anyone with a dailie ( one shot is not a HDPS...its just oneshot). But in PVE? I dont think so.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    TR is supposed to burst (not KO bosses immediately). And in paingiver chart, TRs and SWs are supposed to top GWFs if only counted on a boss. Mobs are for GWFs spamming WMS, Daring Shouts, Threatening Rush, Frontline Surge, Roar, Slam, CAGI to soften and zone them away from backliners and let CWs and HRs do the killings. (What Sentinel path failed to achieve on lvl 70 update and the bugged Intimidation). And the quality of life in GWF does not change until you perfect the only one viable Destroyer build. You're basically dead weight in T2s under 2k IL.

The Destroyer bandwagon (it's the only bandwagon to ride anyway) is strong enough until the devs doesn't give a look at Sentinel and I'm beginning to think of respec to IV Sentinel and jump off. I'm sick of people putting expectations on my GWF.

I don't really care about DPS GFs. If they want to contribute this way, then sure. It's not a problem. I can compromise on even with a Whisperknife dazer TR (I swear, this is the build that I give a lot of respect to).
    Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    sax1993 said:

asterotg said:

Many ppl just profit from buff/ debuff mechanics, without any understanding of it.

This 100%. If I was to redesign tthe Paingiver chart, I would add credit damage contributed by buffs and debuffs.

If someone is hitting for 20% more damage because of your buff, then you should get credit for that 20% extra damage.

Every one would roll GFs CWs and DCs. Then we'd have no true DPS. And then the arguments would be: "I BUFF BETTER THAN YOU!" "NO, I BUFF BETTER THAN YOU".

actually that sounds awesome.
    that isnt it a fact already? a player with high vizer or high prophet is better debuffer than someone doesnt own those sets. NO matter how perfect you will play your debuffs those lucky poeple will be better debuffers.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2016

asterotg said:

about paranoid delusion which is buff but need a control to activate where it goes the credit to the controler without delusion or to great weapon fighter have teh companion for that purpose?
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    LOL I sense a little GWF hate in the OP but good read none the less.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    As a GWF, i dont use GF's for holding aggro, that i can take myself. I just use the other 4 people in the party for buffs. With buffs i clear HAMSTER almost instant.
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I kind of wish there was a way for the 88 Mil damage GWF to know that my Paladin gave him 16% of his overall damage.

You're Welcome!