test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when is the foundry getting back up?????

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'll be honest, there was a lot of pent up frustration in that post. A lot of it coming from watching many folks get bummed out, and knowing there was little that could be done. We'll see if the catalog fills out again after the "alliance update" on the 7th.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    302 quests up so far in the catalog. So roughly 140 added in four days?
    Fast review and grind foundries still there, still in best tab.
    Nothing in the Beta or New tabs.
    Alliances launch tomorrow, so...
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    My guess is that we'll be back to zero, or possibly in the same boat as we are now by Friday. That's provided they don't have any hiccups during the patch tomorrow. We'll also have the weekly maintenance on Thursday, so hopefully by Friday we should be able to see if anything returns to the catalog.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The whole reason I came back to this game above all the others I enjoy playing is because of the Foundry. I get that HAMSTER happens and while it's been hard waiting, if it is at all something they're not giving up on, I will wait more for it. I'm not impressed though with no mention of it in today's patch notes.

I agree that word that they're not going to kill it entirely would be nice and it would be even better if they made it a system that works and even brings in money for them such as having foundry packs that could be bought for zen and daily AD rewards for players who explore the foundry. Account bound refining bags as a reward for completion out of the chests with a chance at insignias or something could also be good. Have monthly foundry contests for people that create them that can get featured in like some 'foundry holiday' content.

It really is a system that has the potential to work both for the players and the company.

*Refusing to give up hope*

Tae
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm not seeing anything in the catalog now, either...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • robzilla45robzilla45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    taevannya said:

The whole reason I came back to this game above all the others I enjoy playing is because of the Foundry. I get that HAMSTER happens and while it's been hard waiting, if it is at all something they're not giving up on, I will wait more for it. I'm not impressed though with no mention of it in today's patch notes.

I agree that word that they're not going to kill it entirely would be nice and it would be even better if they made it a system that works and even brings in money for them such as having foundry packs that could be bought for zen and daily AD rewards for players who explore the foundry. Account bound refining bags as a reward for completion out of the chests with a chance at insignias or something could also be good. Have monthly foundry contests for people that create them that can get featured in like some 'foundry holiday' content.

It really is a system that has the potential to work both for the players and the company.

*Refusing to give up hope*

Tae

Yep... all this has been suggested before... and ignored by this company. I'll be very surprised if we see the foundry up before the end of the year.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm not seeing anything in the catalog now, either...

I sort of hoped that this update might not include the republish process from scratch, but no such luck.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    AND 0 quest again, now leets wait Another 3 months Before we get 10 quests =D

Yep... all this has been suggested before... and ignored by this company. I'll be very surprised if we see the foundry up before the end of the year.

Oh, I know. I'm just not sure how much is on Cryptic's end with it and how much is on PWE not approving stuff end of things. Either way, it's very disheartening. Maybe someday there will be a Foundry module release that addresses all these things!!!!

A girl can hope...
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    mekols said:

AND 0 quest again, now leets wait Another 3 months Before we get 10 quests =D

I certainly hope this isn't the case.. Maybe some republishing could happen ... today? @terramak ? =D

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Couldn't agree more. I just recently came back, and I want to get back to creating. I was very disappointed when I found that the Foundry was unaccessible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    My partner and I just started playing Neverwinter, and one of the main reasons we were interested in the game was the Foundry... so hopefully it comes back online sooner rather than later! ;)
    @samaka#2511

My partner and I just started playing Neverwinter, and one of the main reasons we were interested in the game was the Foundry... so hopefully it comes back online sooner rather than later! ;)

Expect later. It's a fantastic concept and I've loved working in the Foundry, so I personally feel it's worth holding on to hope for (despite some buggy stuff), but it's very apparent it is the red-headed step child, runt of the pack, low man on the totem pole for addressing. It generates virtually no money for them or much incentive for the higher paying player base to use so it's constantly thrown on the back burner for priority. The Foundry needs not just to come back online and be usable again, but be overhauled to provide adequate incentives for more players to use and want to spend zen/astral diamonds on.

My HOPE is that THAT is why it's taking them so long and they're just being super secret about all the awesome overhauling they're doing for it. But there is a part of me that's cynical and is prepared for a big fat 'nooope' a la Lana Kane.

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Since the foundry is disabled, the few foundries that are published can't be removed in protest.
    taevannya said:

Expect later. It's a fantastic concept and I've loved working in the Foundry, so I personally feel it's worth holding on to hope for (despite some buggy stuff), but it's very apparent it is the red-headed step child, runt of the pack, low man on the totem pole for addressing. It generates virtually no money for them or much incentive for the higher paying player base to use so it's constantly thrown on the back burner for priority. The Foundry needs not just to come back online and be usable again, but be overhauled to provide adequate incentives for more players to use and want to spend zen/astral diamonds on.

My HOPE is that THAT is why it's taking them so long and they're just being super secret about all the awesome overhauling they're doing for it. But there is a part of me that's cynical and is prepared for a big fat 'nooope' a la Lana Kane.

"next year...."

/cough cough

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    Damn. And I thought things were bad when I left. Any moment now, an evil cleric is going to wander by, see the Foundry, and try to animate it to use as a minion.

If you get tired of the infinite wait for the dead to rise, and happen to have Fallout 4, I've made a mod with a bunch of signs and posters that you can use for decorating your settlements. It's not the same as making a Foundry quest, but since you can't actually make Foundry quests anymore, at least it's something to do....
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2016

If you get tired of the infinite wait for the dead to rise, and happen to have Fallout 4, I've made a mod with a bunch of signs and posters that you can use for decorating your settlements. It's not the same as making a Foundry quest, but since you can't actually make Foundry quests anymore, at least it's something to do....

Yep. 619 hours building my Fallout 4 settlements. What;s the name of your mod -- is that GruffyDDs signs perhaps?
    SCL is "near death" - hopefully Digital Extremes can resurrect it.
    D:OS2 is nearly a year away - with a totally unknown editor.

Once again, Neverwinter continues to get pleas and begging for "new content" -- and the powers that be are so f'ing ignorant they can't figure out how to leverage Foundry for "infinite content" and generate zen sales even though they've been given solutions (even by actual economists, 40+ year system architects and dozen of others) for a year or more. *facepalm* *deskpalm* *floorpalm*

edited June 2016
    @terramak @strumslinger we gonna get anything up before the weekend? =?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Seeing as there is not even the "Featured" foundries up right now (the ones promised to always be there after Foundry competitions) one can only imagine some poor squad of Devs assigned to go through EVERY single Foundry submission to ensure it works with the new mod, exploit foundries taken out, and fixing up any bugs that crop up along the way.

Maybe it's taking ages since they are installing some of those long time requests.

Maybe they are figuring out new rewards for Foundries.

I'm not there so I don't really know, but I can be hopeful.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    My prediction is they will start the republish a week before they launch Storm Kings thunder.
    edited June 2016

Seeing as there is not even the "Featured" foundries up right now (the ones promised to always be there after Foundry competitions) one can only imagine some poor squad of Devs assigned to go through EVERY single Foundry submission to ensure it works with the new mod, exploit foundries taken out, and fixing up any bugs that crop up along the way.

Maybe it's taking ages since they are installing some of those long time requests.

Maybe they are figuring out new rewards for Foundries.

I'm not there so I don't really know, but I can be hopeful.

I wish all these things. I truly do.

-There is no squad of foundry devs. Maybe two at the most at any one time, if memory serves. Be awesome if there was a squad. # squadgoals
    -They've never gone through all the foundries to make sure they work with the new mods - that's for us authors to find out and playtest after republishing happens. Things break, even when they intended them not to. So after republish, that's how they find out if something broke, from us authors. And with unknown thousands of foundry quests, bunch being exploits, bunch being hour plus adventures, chances are slim they would playtest them all before each mod launch when there is so much pressure to finish all the coding, playtesting of mod, etc., before a mod launch.
    -They've never taken exploits out. Only changed some small things to make the exploits less exploit-y.

As for fixing any bugs, installing long time requests, figuring out new rewards, they flat out announced concretely in February that there will be no fixes (other than *maybe* the teleporter bug in editor), no updates, no new assests, no new rewards, zip nada nothing going to be done with the Foundry for at least a whole year. A year. That tells me, after a year, THEN they'll work on fixing and updating it, which will take more time.

And if that wasn't true, that they are honestly doing all the hopes listed, doing this foundry fixing and updating work behind the scenes and didn't tell us, they lost the majority of their author base from not being honest. It's a lose-lose either scenario. And lost new authorplayers too, who joined NW only because Foundry is still being advertised as a major pillar of the game.
    It would have been better to just say, we're taking the foundry completely down for a year to fix, revamp, and update the system and won't bring it back until it's awesome.

I'm ranting. Time to log.
    Thanks for all the fish.
    waryur said:

-There is no squad of foundry devs. Maybe two at the most at any one time, if memory serves. Be awesome if there was a squad.

Not even one. MOST Cryptic developers were moved to their "secret project" about a year and half? two years ago?
    (*cough* Jurassic Online *cough* *cough* EPIC FAIL *cough* *cough* Ark: Survival *cough*)
    All that was left for Neverwinter was a basic/skeleton/"maintenance" staff of developers. Essentially what was left for Star Trek Online previously.

As mentioned, they previously stated there would be NO Foundry work performed this year, and of course, the code is sooo fragile they broke something and coouldn't even republish the existing content so, I'm sure they "lost" a junior developer trying desperately to get republishing to work for the last several months now.

I predict after their "year of foundry hiatus" they will perhaps "fix" one or two one-liner bugs, and maybe dump a few graphic assets and string the foundry community along for another year of gruel.

• snowbjjsnowbjj Member Posts: 4 Arc User
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    waryur said:

And lost new authorplayers too, who joined NW only because Foundry is still being advertised as a major pillar of the game.

It's actually not, since maybe a month ago.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160516222353/http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter (So capture is from May 16, 2016.)

Later snapshots than that give the current page, with the section about "infinite content" removed.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    It's a shame...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.

waryur said:

And lost new authorplayers too, who joined NW only because Foundry is still being advertised as a major pillar of the game.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160516222353/http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter (So capture is from May 16, 2016.)

Later snapshots than that give the current page, with the section about "infinite content" removed.

*thumbsup* Thank you for correcting me, beckylunatic! I appreciate it. No sarcasm. :)
    That actually is... slightly better? knowing that they did quit advertising.

Still...

It's a shame...

• robzilla45robzilla45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yep.. the foundry is forever gone. They no longer advertise this feature on any of their websites. My only question is where do I sign up for the lawsuit?
    Another nail

Another nail in the coffin. Only nail remaining is some kind of acknowledgement that they have discontinued the Foundry.

Hmm. Wonder if it's still being advertised on the STO site.