test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Alliances Maintenance [6/7] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update: Maintenance is complete.

Neverwinter will have its Guild Alliances maintenance tomorrow 6/7 at 6AM PT for roughly three hours.

Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10001893-patch-notes:-guild-alliances

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    LONG list.. good job!

Some comments:

Professions

• The "Worn Gauntlet" asset in Black Ice Shaping may no longer be sold or discarded.
    Please stop making things that are unable to be discarded.

Social

• Guild Level can now be seen in searches when viewing the "Find a Guild" tab.
    Please fix the guild search so that it actually works.

General

• The buff gained by Squash Soup is no longer called Corn Chowder.
    Good! This was VERY upsetting to us New Englanders.

Also.. Foundry?

And maybe re-examine the Influence cap?

Thanks, @strumslinger !
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016

They did this because I told them to. Someone being stuck with it and not wanting it is a lesser evil than players who have already accidentally lost theirs and being unable to do anything in Black Ice Shaping (kind of part of the game meta) without spending several hundred thousand AD on a replacement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    or you know simply make it a profession vendor asset for 50c with the unique tag on it...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options

They did this because I told them to. Someone being stuck with it and not wanting it is a lesser evil than players who have already accidentally lost theirs and being unable to do anything in Black Ice Shaping (kind of part of the game meta) without spending several hundred thousand AD on a replacement.
    Stop that, Becks, sheeesh!

header.png
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Please be aware: the Greycloaks guild on preview was originally effected by the alliance invite bug where guilds that had a GG faction couldn't be invited or create and alliance. Cryptic fixed that bug and I could send an invite to Greycloaks successfully. But as of Sunday, I was unable to accept the invitation. The Accept buttons (the one in the pop up dialog, and the one in the Invitations screen) did NOT work. Clicking them did nothing.

They may have fixed this yesterday. It may have been a fluke. It may not happen on production. But I just want people to be aware that this is a known issue - that is, I've advised Cryptic of it... They haven't acknowledged it..... Anyway we'll see how it goes today :) My advice is to not freak out, but do report bugs so they can best prioritize what to fix first.

@strumslinger @terramak
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kvet said:

Please be aware: the Greycloaks guild on preview was originally effected by the alliance invite bug where guilds that had a GG faction couldn't be invited or create and alliance. Cryptic fixed that bug and I could send an invite to Greycloaks successfully. But as of Sunday, I was unable to accept the invitation. The Accept buttons (the one in the pop up dialog, and the one in the Invitations screen) did NOT work. Clicking them did nothing.

They may have fixed this yesterday. It may have been a fluke. It may not happen on production. But I just want people to be aware that this is a known issue - that is, I've advised Cryptic of it... They haven't acknowledged it..... Anyway we'll see how it goes today :) My advice is to not freak out, but do report bugs so they can best prioritize what to fix first.

@strumslinger @terramak

I don't know if this is related or even the same problem but you probably want to read what is said in this other thread. It does sound similar:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1217020/alliance-psa

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kvet said:

@strumslinger @terramak

This could turn into a bad case of griefing: guild invites another guild and then kicks it, rendering the smaller guild unable to join another alliance. It could also lead to some terrible exploitation of smaller guilds: "do our bidding or we'll kick you and you won't be able to accept another alliance."

Until this is fixed, I won't be accepting invitations to our guild.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    It originally was that guilds that had previously had GG factions couldn't be invited at all. They fixed that, other than the known issue you're pointing out. What I'm saying is that, at least for Greycloaks on Preview - which were effective by the GG faction invite bug, still cannot accept a guild invitation.

Here are two vidcaps of the bug in action on two different characters (both Rank 7 in the Greycloaks preview guild)
    http://screencast.com/t/nVB1SIZl
    http://screencast.com/t/yrFhpHcsYULf
  • Options
    faxxon#3327 faxxon Member Posts: 1 New User
    it's 17:00 ... red words says 13:00 - 16:00..
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

it's 17:00 ... red words says 13:00 - 16:00..

That is 16:00 UTC, a timezone that you don't seem to live in. It gives the local time zone as well for me, and that says 6-9 am, and it is only 8 am
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Local time zone is not on my launcher for this kind of patch, so i forget quickly too that i'm UTC+2 and still have to wait
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I realize that I am not the most attentive forum watcher/player, but when did they begin allowing characters to purchase power points?

Sharandar Campaign: The "Reinforce Protective Wards" task no longer awards Power Points.
    They are instead given through the task, "Assist War Effort."

This task requires 10 of each area's currency, along with 150 Feywild Sparks, 15 Gold, and 15,000 Astral Diamonds.

Interesting--now I can actually spend some gold. It seems a bit steep, but when you level up 8-10 times without a power point, the price looks pretty good. ;)

The real cost is that you need to run Sharandar to get the power points--how about other zones? did I miss those opportunities as well?
  • Options
    Windows 10 has a great feature that you can "add a clock".. so even though I know I'm +3 to pacific time, I have PDT/UTC both available to see with just a mouseover.
    header.png
  • Options
    aslan3775 said:

I realize that I am not the most attentive forum watcher/player, but when did they begin allowing characters to purchase power points?

Sharandar Campaign: The "Reinforce Protective Wards" task no longer awards Power Points.
    They are instead given through the task, "Assist War Effort."

This task requires 10 of each area's currency, along with 150 Feywild Sparks, 15 Gold, and 15,000 Astral Diamonds.

Interesting--now I can actually spend some gold. It seems a bit steep, but when you level up 8-10 times without a power point, the price looks pretty good. ;)

The real cost is that you need to run Sharandar to get the power points--how about other zones? did I miss those opportunities as well?

As of today, as a matter of fact :)

Nope, just Sharandar - at least for now anyway.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The patch notes are a bit confusing. They had originally planned to have "Reinforce protective wards" as the task to award power points. But changed it after a few weeks, while it was still in beta, to "Assist war effort."

The original plan never made it live, so its inclusion in the final patch notes is a bit misleading.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Here's an idea: when guilds ally, any contribution to any of their coffers also contributes a small portion to all allied guilds. The more guilds in the alliance, the greater the extra contribution that they all get. Consider it a growth in their economies as they trade with one another.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    1st bug I see so far is that i can't tend resource buildings in SH map
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    bug #2 when my GWF gets off the horse it looks like ... try and see, If I type it here it will be "moderated" :)
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    Guilds are getting "[Error] Alliance Error: Alliance invite not found." when trying to accept invites to alliances.

zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options

The patch notes are a bit confusing. They had originally planned to have "Reinforce protective wards" as the task to award power points. But changed it after a few weeks, while it was still in beta, to "Assist war effort."

The original plan never made it live, so its inclusion in the final patch notes is a bit misleading.

I think there must have been a bug added while they were tinkering with the campaign tasks, because I think "reinforce protective wards" is the task to unlock the final questing zone. So they documented a bugfix, but it's a bug most of us never saw.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
  • Options
    estasia1estasia1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    This is just great! We can't invite our alliance's and fixing it is not a prioraty. It will be fixed at a later patch, this is not far to any guild with this issue. We can't even tend our farm's. Why is it that every patch we get more glitches. So sad :(
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    When was the last time cryptic released a mod that actually worked?
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    is there a reason that on the campaign list it show sharandar complete 200%?

I mean sharandar sucks to finish but I wouldn't say you need 200%.
  • Options
    snotty said:

is there a reason that on the campaign list it show sharandar complete 200%?

I mean sharandar sucks to finish but I wouldn't say you need 200%.

It's because some time ago, the reduced the requirements for Sharandar by 1/2. If you already completed it, it showed 200% completed because.. well.. who knows why. It's silly... but it was like that before so this isn't a new thing. Probably the completion meter is based on how much of the campaign currency you spent rather than the boxes being done, so since you spent twice as much as is needed now, it shows as 200% complete. *shrug* just go with it -- so many game breaking bugs, this silly 200% complete bug just isn't a big deal :)
  • Options
    kastopaynkastopayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    hmmm
  • Options
    kvet said:

Probably the completion meter is based on how much of the campaign currency you spent rather than the boxes being done

Nah, it's total tasks completed. The Sharandar issue is that they cut the number of times you need to do finitely repeatable tasks substantially. At first, newer players could only achieve 67% completion, because 100% was for the old number of tasks. Adjusting it made established players into overachievers.

The best illustration is the Respen campaign. There are 6 total tasks in the campaign, but you can only ever do 4 of them since the final tier is mutually exclusive. So doing all of the Respen campaign caps you out at 67% completion (4/6 converted to decimal and rounded up).

Which is... utterly stupid.

Neverwinter Census 2017