test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough is enough

theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
If the title doesn't say it already then let me do so.

PvP is a sham. So many of my PvP friends like GODLIKE, Nyx, and Viper either completely quit the game, or have literally switched to PvE because it is honestly a joke. Everyone has a stealth ring, classes are imbalanced, and worst of all PvP isn't noticed by the Developers, and I for one am furious for this. Everyone wants to be in stealth. Like really dude, if you wanna be in stealth, go play the TR.

It really is a joke of what PvP has come to. It has always been unbalanced, but now it is just a circus. Wether I have a team of 4 pallys that have 1,200 Item level named joey4622739292939, or Layla Shieldheart or get killed by a TR dunk that hits for 230k, there really is no point in playing PvP anymore. I don't know why the developers thought it was a smart idea to think "tenacity" was the answer, because it wasn't. What needs to happen is each and every single class needs to be scaled to PvP. Every change the developers make to this game, is catered to PvE. What would be nice is to see the devs finally cater to the PvP community. since MOD 6, we haven't gotten anything new. Luckily, most classes are already very nice in PvP and don't need serious changes. However, some, some shouldn't even be in PvP like The Paladin. Many of the rebalances the devs can make is simple ones like a TR dunk scales with DR. So instead of a 145k dunk, its a 67k. (thats just an example, but in reality it should scale to the players DR.) And also make certain classes like the cleric non immortal in PvP. I don't care how much DPS you got. We all know the only way to kill them is by control, or with a TR's dunk with fray, or if the whole teams DPS is bagging on them. It's just dumb and it shouldn't be happening. Enough of the stealth rings, the ambush rings, enough of all these stupid things that have made PvP so boring. People wonder why you don't see a pre-made run around anymore, well here you go. Notice how all you see is pugs, and rarely an A team comp. Notice how the only comps you see are beyond over powered players abusing what they know is an exploit. You guys need to get on top of this, and whats an even bigger shame is that I don't see a lot of players complaining about this long standing issue.

What I'm trying to say is things need to change, and playing since MOD 4 I've seen a lot to know this game has gone down hill. So lets go Arc, listen to your players.
Proteus
Guardian Fighter
TLO
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    :3 They'll most likely never read this nor care enough to see it first hand, but note this with the dc immunity and well anything immunity it's going to be overpowered yet if they simply made everything immune, not immunity and instead reduces a certain amount of dmg yet still take some damage it would even that side of the playing feild. As for dunk tr why not simply make it not ignore Defense? Im sure it would still hit hard like most dailys do, but it would reduce the insane dmg. Btw we could talk about a full GF team if ya like. :3 Isn't a 20min match of no one killing eachother just fun? Or that if they time thier attacks they can 1 shot too. Eh either way if they truly wanted to fix things I would gladly point out every un-balance thing in pvp and pve,since well idc how much people are gaining from these things/exploiting, but as ive said I doubt they'll listen either way. :)<3
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    A few months ago there were plenty of posts complaining about pvp. I think everyone has given up.

I used to do about 90 mins of pvp per day but the last straw for me was the introduction of drains - I've not played since Christmas. When the rings came out it just affirmed my decision.

Yes, I could run with rings + drains/wards but you know what? Why bother. It's no longer competitive, it's ridiculous.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

A few months ago there were plenty of posts complaining about pvp. I think everyone has given up.

I used to do about 90 mins of pvp per day but the last straw for me was the introduction of drains - I've not played since Christmas. When the rings came out it just affirmed my decision.

Yes, I could run with rings + drains/wards but you know what? Why bother. It's no longer competitive, it's ridiculous.

Ive been running it recently simply due to the feeders I need to supply the new BiS gwf Artifacts (Happly all will be power type, yay bloodcrystal feeder) :3
  • Options
    edited May 2016

:3 They'll most likely never read this nor care enough to see it first hand, but note this with the dc immunity and well anything immunity it's going to be overpowered yet if they simply made everything immune, not immunity and instead reduces a certain amount of dmg yet still take some damage it would even that side of the playing feild. As for dunk tr why not simply make it not ignore Defense? Im sure it would still hit hard like most dailys do, but it would reduce the insane dmg. Btw we could talk about a full GF team if ya like. :3 Isn't a 20min match of no one killing eachother just fun? Or that if they time thier attacks they can 1 shot too. Eh either way if they truly wanted to fix things I would gladly point out every un-balance thing in pvp and pve,since well idc how much people are gaining from these things/exploiting, but as ive said I doubt they'll listen either way. :)<3 </p>

Well, Not really. Certain classes deserve immunity. For example, a GWF unstoppable is an immunity that should stay in the game, the GF's shield should stay in the game, the CW shield should stay in the game. (Even though it isn't really a shield but more of an absorption or reduction shield.) The problem with the cleric is that it has become so immune to damage and outcasts so much heals for the team and it's self, its just like, what am I doing, fighting another pally?? lol. And why would you make it ignore defense. That is the most dumbest thing the rogues could do, ya know? It already ignores EVERYTHING. It should scale to defense so that it doesn't hit as high and doesn't one shot everyone. This would make it better for all the classes. And I am in the Five Spartans (full GF comp) and we beat every one but LGPG (no surprise there) Tanks can't one shot. Maybe scrubs, pugs, and noobs, but never one shot a good player.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• Options
    edited May 2016
    armadeonx said:

I don't blame you, it's honestly like fighting air with the rings and hitting a wall with everyones deflect, lol.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options
    theguiido said:

:3 They'll most likely never read this nor care enough to see it first hand, but note this with the dc immunity and well anything immunity it's going to be overpowered yet if they simply made everything immune, not immunity and instead reduces a certain amount of dmg yet still take some damage it would even that side of the playing feild. As for dunk tr why not simply make it not ignore Defense? Im sure it would still hit hard like most dailys do, but it would reduce the insane dmg. Btw we could talk about a full GF team if ya like. :3 Isn't a 20min match of no one killing eachother just fun? Or that if they time thier attacks they can 1 shot too. Eh either way if they truly wanted to fix things I would gladly point out every un-balance thing in pvp and pve,since well idc how much people are gaining from these things/exploiting, but as ive said I doubt they'll listen either way. :)<3 </p>

Well, Not really. Certain classes deserve immunity. For example, a GWF unstoppable is an immunity that should stay in the game, the GF's shield should stay in the game, the CW shield should stay in the game. (Even though it isn't really a shield but more of an absorption or reduction shield.) The problem with the cleric is that it has become so immune to damage and outcasts so much heals for the team and it's self, its just like, what am I doing, fighting another pally?? lol. And why would you make it ignore defense. That is the most dumbest thing the rogues could do, ya know? It already ignores EVERYTHING. It should scale to defense so that it doesn't hit as high and doesn't one shot everyone. This would make it better for all the classes. And I am in the Five Spartans (full GF comp) and we beat every one but LGPG (no surprise there) Tanks can't one shot. Maybe scrubs, pugs, and noobs, but never one shot a good player.
    I meant damage immunity not control immunity. :3 As I said before make it Not ignore defense with the TR dunk. Yes a tank can one-shot at least through 2k tenacity and 114k hp as well as 13k def... :p Since well it did happen to me and I just assume it's a very very high geared PvP Damage based GF.
  • Options
    sicklikeflusicklikeflu Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    If everyone has stealth rings, it could be assumed everyone has vision rings.
    I've heard a lot of people make claims pvp was broken due to the demo rings, but I started having more fun after they were released.

I am in agreement that pvp could be more balanced, but no matter what we are all going to die.. You're going to have fantastic games, and awful games where you regret accepting the queue.

I'm just happy they're fixing the bubble. I hated getting in matches where both teams had a bubble, and all we did was pound away at it while not taking or receiving damage.

The major change I would like to see is longer bans for quitters, and people who just stand at the fire after dying once or twice. Like say, if you quit a certain number of matches in X days, you're banned for a week.
  • Options
    I wonder how the Lostmauth nerf will affect pvp? It'll certainly reduce the severity of those 1 shot dunks from TRs.

• Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    real problem is most of this stuff wouldn't even happen if players would just keep to themselves. the more you complain or hate on a class the more that class becomes a pain in your ... lots of people complained about mod 4/5 tr being overpowered so they nerfed them did that fix the problem in pvp? no it caused problems for pve trs tho. now people are complaining about how OP a gwf and pally are. after lm set changes and pally changes this also affects pve for a lot of lower end players. I honestly think they need 2 completely different severs for both pvp and pve so when class changes happen it doesn't affect both sides.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

real problem is most of this stuff wouldn't even happen if players would just keep to themselves. the more you complain or hate on a class the more that class becomes a pain in your ... lots of people complained about mod 4/5 tr being overpowered so they nerfed them did that fix the problem in pvp? no it caused problems for pve trs tho. now people are complaining about how OP a gwf and pally are. after lm set changes and pally changes this also affects pve for a lot of lower end players. I honestly think they need 2 completely different severs for both pvp and pve so when class changes happen it doesn't affect both sides.

Well I have right to complain. I see this happen all the time in PvP. And yeah it annoys me, It is a pain in the *** the problem is going to be there no matter what. Why keep to yourself and watch as nothing happens, when you can send messages to the devs, and leave messages on their wall. Im not going to assume they just don't do anything because I've actually gotten replies before. And they shouldn't have "2 different servers". That makes no sense. They should keep the same server, but make the classes scale to PvP because we all know Tenacity is not the answer. If they fix the classes and make them scale to PvP all these problems id be talking about, wouldn't be happening. But seriously dude, enough of these dumb rings, the ambush and stealth rings have no reason to be in the game. Ya know? wanna go play stealth, go play a rogue. I am pretty sure you're a rogue I played with you mod 5.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options

There will likely still be pallys that can perma bubble...just sayn.

Haste is getting nerfed, and pally bubble time reduced. So the only thing that can save them is recovery, haste still is viable, but greatly reduced. I appreciate the developers for doing this.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options

theguiido said:

I meant damage immunity not control immunity. :3 As I said before make it Not ignore defense with the TR dunk. Yes a tank can one-shot at least through 2k tenacity and 114k hp as well as 13k def... :p Since well it did happen to me and I just assume it's a very very high geared PvP Damage based GF.
    Well I don't blame you 95% of tanks aren't tanks anymore lmao
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options

If everyone has stealth rings, it could be assumed everyone has vision rings.
    I've heard a lot of people make claims pvp was broken due to the demo rings, but I started having more fun after they were released.

I am in agreement that pvp could be more balanced, but no matter what we are all going to die.. You're going to have fantastic games, and awful games where you regret accepting the queue.

I'm just happy they're fixing the bubble. I hated getting in matches where both teams had a bubble, and all we did was pound away at it while not taking or receiving damage.

The major change I would like to see is longer bans for quitters, and people who just stand at the fire after dying once or twice. Like say, if you quit a certain number of matches in X days, you're banned for a week.

It can be assumed all it wants by anyone. Which you are 100% correct about, but the fact is there is more people using ambush/stealth rings than the vision. Though you are 100% correct that Devs assume that. I think thats what you mean. lol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options
    armadeonx said:

I wonder how the Lostmauth nerf will affect pvp? It'll certainly reduce the severity of those 1 shot dunks from TRs.

I greatly appreciate the Developers for doing this, the Laustmouth Set nerf will negate a lot of the bs in PvP
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options
    synickal#0757 synickal Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2016
    In all honesty, I think PvP should just be all players with standard gear and weapons and nothing special. Let players go at each other with what skills their classes offer, and nothing more. What's the big deal about making special PvP armor and weapons? All it does is give an unfair advantage to players who have more time to game and spend real money to buy what they need to have the best gear to play PvP in. Players who neither have the time nor money get their asses handed to them every time, and PvP becomes very boring for them cause they lose every time. Why not just make it so they have to use their skills and use plain, ordinary, standard gear, the victor being the one who was just able to handle their character better in the match, or was able to get in that lucky blow. That would make it evenly fair and balanced for everyone.
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    LMAO glad I stopped playing PVP since June 2015...
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options

In all honesty, I think PvP should just be all players with standard gear and weapons and nothing special. Let players go at each other with what skills their classes offer, and nothing more. What's the big deal about making special PvP armor and weapons? All it does is give an unfair advantage to players who have more time to game and spend real money to buy what they need to have the best gear to play PvP in. Players who neither have the time nor money get their asses handed to them every time, and PvP becomes very boring for them cause they lose every time. Why not just make it so they have to use their skills and use plain, ordinary, standard gear, the victor being the one who was just able to handle their character better in the match, or was able to get in that lucky blow. That would make it evenly fair and balanced for everyone.

Only if. lmao
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @theguiido yea tr's were OP in mod 4/5 but in mod 6 when the "class balances took place most players that had that class were forced to quit simple fact the community wouldn't play with tr's yes theirs good tr's now but compared to how many their used to be no. players rather play a gwf or take gwf sw's over a tr because they have a much higher dps output and campability to I want players to stop thinking this class Op or that class OP I want players to relize each class has its own meanings. even today without 1shot tr's how do u kill pallys and clerics that are high geared? you don't gwf kill rangers and cw's most of time cw's are great at repeling and keeping points. warlocks have speed to move point to point stoping caps what im telling you is the game isn't really that bad if this keeps up tho this game will die. hr keep good cc so a tr can do these things every single class in this game has a reason to be there. outside of gift of faith which is slightly unbalanced and a perma bubble pvp is pretty balanced.
  • Options
    howlyrizu#2692 howlyrizu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i cant get my prayer benifets at all wont show my rewards or give me my items and dosnt go through at all its getting annoying
  • Options
    interlagos335iinterlagos335i Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have a bigger problem with the damn "trappers" who stun you for 5 minutes and then while you're stunned everyone else treats you like a piñata...
  • Options

I have a bigger problem with the damn "trappers" who stun you for 5 minutes and then while you're stunned everyone else treats you like a piñata...

lol :D funny but very true.

As I've said in previous posts, they need true skill & stat separation between pvp and pve. All skills for all classes need a separate pvp definition. Not only will this make things more balanced but it also means devs can tweak a pvp definition without affecting a class's pve ability.

I also like the idea that only pvp gear can be worn - get a set of basic blues for free, chooseable from a selection, and spend your pvp glory on improvements that go up in tiers.

This of course would never happen.

• Options

hahaha, HR's are my bane now. So are SW's. Disgusting ticks, CC, DOT's, and can hold you and lock you down. And I won't even begin on deflect.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• Options
    taintedsoul1212taintedsoul1212 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Okay. I love this game, but PvP is a JOKE! Can you PLEASE set up PvP into tiers? Like you do Dungeons? It is total bull having to face 4k+ teams that basically completely shut down PvP for those of us that aren't pay to win. Otherwise why should ANYONE that isn't 4k even bother. We will just get slaughtered and we can't even leave a bad group or we get a 30 minute ban!
  • Options
    satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I have seen other MMO games with PVP modes have a different loadout for PVP and PVE. The PVP loadouts can use standardised gear. Gear gets added to the PVP pool overtime once the devs believe its good for balance and may be taken out of the pool if people find beneficial glitches with it. The PVP gear is still collectible / earnt up to a point - similar to earn enough glory to unlock a set of armor or a weapon and add it to your pool of available PVP gear.
  • Options
    lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    theguiido said:

To be fair the title really doesn't say any of what you said. Lol. I only clicked because I was curious what someone was complaining about now. lol
  • Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Snakes on planes, obviously.
  • Options

theguiido said:

To be fair the title really doesn't say any of what you said. Lol. I only clicked because I was curious what someone was complaining about now. lol
    hahaha.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO