test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

when is the foundry getting back up?????

Comments

• Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    i belive it when i see it
  • Options
    elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say that we might not ever see the foundry return at this point.
  • Options
    ryuichiashtear#2327 ryuichiashtear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @elderdays Well the Foundry is one of their selling points for the game, and to be honest, the only reason I'd wanna get on Neverwinter to create content for others. I hope and pray they came through with a fix and it'll be up after maintanence
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, I'm well aware it's still down and bug the devs pretty often on when it'll come back up. I think we're going to attempt another fix on Thursday?

Just following up on this, The Strum... I know today is slated to be a server reset and all, but wanted to poke you about this anyway. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    @strumslinger yea following up on you again, this thursday patch have already been, and foundery is still down, 60+ Days and counting. wtf?
  • Options
    thebeaminator#9670 thebeaminator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This has been going on for a while... How long does it take to fix a few bugs?
  • Options
    more then 70 Days. thats how long we been without now
  • Options
    kaizehrxkaizehrx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just wanted to say, as potentially the noobiest of noobs, I only returned to fiddle with the foundry. I love doing things like making MODs and custom content with feature like the Foundry, and was really sad to see it's down.
    I also see a lot of allegations that the DEV's don't take it seriously. I'm in no place to say if that's true, but I can speak from personal experience and say that it's really disappointing that over the last 2 years, I've only been able to open to foundry editor once. I don't play Neverwinter as a daily game or even a weekly one. But when one of the core advertised features is down more often than it's up; even if at random intervals, I can only assume that something is wrong with it.
    Hope to see it up soon; it's one of the most innovative features for an MMO, and seeing it flounder and flop around like a fish on the deck doesn't bode well.
  • Options
    ryuichiashtear#2327 ryuichiashtear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @kaizehrx said:
    > I just wanted to say, as potentially the noobiest of noobs, I only returned to fiddle with the foundry. I love doing things like making MODs and custom content with feature like the Foundry, and was really sad to see it's down.
    > I also see a lot of allegations that the DEV's don't take it seriously. I'm in no place to say if that's true, but I can speak from personal experience and say that it's really disappointing that over the last 2 years, I've only been able to open to foundry editor once. I don't play Neverwinter as a daily game or even a weekly one. But when one of the core advertised features is down more often than it's up; even if at random intervals, I can only assume that something is wrong with it.
    > Hope to see it up soon; it's one of the most innovative features for an MMO, and seeing it flounder and flop around like a fish on the deck doesn't bode well.

I feel exactly the same way, when Sword Coast Legends came out, I've been pumping so many "Modules/Content" for people to play. I love creating content for others, I feel having that included in a game expands its playability by finite amounts (take Little Big Planet for example) The fact that this is down and for such a long period too really disheartens me in the game itself. Heres hoping we see something soon about this.
  • Options
    elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    The Foundry and the Forgotten Realms setting were the two things that made me choose NW over DDO. Since I haven't been able to work on any of my projects for the past couple months my thoughts are starting to wander to other games.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    elderdays said:

The Foundry and the Forgotten Realms.

The Foundry is a Forgotten Realm.

Fortunately there is somewhere else you can create DnD content for any realm you want.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    turtle20#5023 turtle20 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I thought something was up. I started playing on the 8th of May. And when I finally got to the required level, i thought maybe i was missing something. I tried asking support on the website why i couldnt use it. You know what they told me? Cause its pure gold. "We cant help you with this problem through support because it is player created content." Really, you couldnt tell me why i couldnt use the foundry, really lol. I tell you, some people missing some screws.. But since a lot of other people say its down, I guess I know now to wait.
  • Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Tomorrow it will have been down for 70 days. Yes, actually been counting on a calendar. For the sheer disgusted amusement of it. Maze Engine went live March 15.
    As said earlier in this thread and elsewhere, devs/admin said there were unexpected and major problems getting the foundry to republish. Something went wrong. With foundry being low man on the totem pole, who knows if it will, or ever, come back up before the year is out. Don't forget now, they've already said/confirmed there will be no new content, bug fixes, or updates to Foundry for a whole year. Heck, there hadn't been new content/assets to build with since Tyranny of Dragons module launched nearly two years ago.
    Yes, we are angry.
    Yes, we are disappointed.
    Yes, most, authors have left to go do content elsewhere. Sword Coast Legends. Even Bethesda game mods.
    Think I'm going to stick to pencil and paper DnD to create stories. It hasn't let me down yet.

Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    waryur said:

Yes, most, authors have left to go do content elsewhere. Sword Coast Legends. Even Bethesda game mods.
    Think I'm going to stick to pencil and paper DnD to create stories. It hasn't let me down yet.

Sword Coast Legends made their dev go out of business. No really, their dev closed down.

nwn1/2 continues right along.
  • Options
    infernofiendinfernofiend Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have to admit, this is just saddening. The one thing that really kept me in Neverwinter, was the foundry. It was one of the few things it did better than so many MMO's. The ability to make content, and maps, was amazing. It blows my mind that they aren't being transparent about this. Either drop the content, or fix it so we can use the foundry again. Don't go on and on and on about a bug that breaks it, and then refuse to even tell us what the bug is that is so game breaking that it stops us from using it. Because when they go on saying "There is this horrid bug, breaks everything and flips the dinning room table. But we can't give you any details about it. *loudwhispers* 'Cause its a secret!" it just makes it seem like the devs are out of touch, or lying... or both.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Don't worry everyone! It will be fixed on Thursday(tm) hopefully(tm)
  • Options
    kaizehrxkaizehrx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've actually managed to keep my chrome tab open since my original post. Still keeping an eye on the reply's and it doesn't look good from a newcomers perspective. I can't really say if it's my bad luck, or if it's signs to a problem obviously, but it's still disappointing.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    10 days away from another Module release, I'd say the prospect of a fix beforehand is slim. Optimistically, they might be trying to get a fix into the module build.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm not one of the anti-cryptic folks, but I'm not that optimistic. By all accounts, there are bugs in the code that have been set into play, but not yet resolved. Even the test server Foundry, which was not immediately affected, is now down.
    Deus%20Signature_zpsvvhpovye.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Ive seen this very thing before in a movie once. This is the part where they pull the sheet over the cadaver and tell the protagonist that they did all they could do.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

10 days away from another Module release, I'd say the prospect of a fix beforehand is slim. Optimistically, they might be trying to get a fix into the module build.

While they're avoiding slapping the "module" label on this one, major content releases do mean they freeze the live code as much as possible. No patch the last two weeks meant that there was no chance of a Foundry fix, and I would not expect anything for June 2 either. June 7, perhaps they'll actually have some decent Foundry news bundled in with Alliances. Maybe. Not that I am trying to Pollyanna things.

Even the test server Foundry, which was not immediately affected, is now down.

I didn't realize that preview Foundry had been working.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

Ive seen this very thing before in a movie once. This is the part where they pull the sheet over the cadaver and tell the protagonist that they did all they could do.

LMFAO!!!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    They should get on a major Featuring binge if it ever comes back up. That would be the decent thing to do.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Well, no foundry on PS4. So that is now 2 out 3 platforms that cant make use of it. That's about as close as we are going to get to an actual "Do not resuscitate" order.
  • Options
    I think this cartoon sums it up except for needing the word "patch" in front of Thursday.

• Options
    I think they need to come clean and just tell us they're removing the feature. They really need to stop stringing people along, just update the advertising to reflect the changes and move on. It's apparent that they don't have the time, nor the man power to maintain an editor. It's sad to watch the community die off, and then get kicked for being down. People really enjoyed creating and expressing themselves through this media and it's just sad that people take pride in watching others falter. It's something I've seen happen far too often in this game and it's a shame that it continues.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    166 quests online as of today =D even one of yours @iandarksword ! =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Well, it's about time... thanks @torontodave for the update!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

I think they need to come clean and just tell us they're removing the feature. They really need to stop stringing people along, just update the advertising to reflect the changes and move on. It's apparent that they don't have the time, nor the man power to maintain an editor. It's sad to watch the community die off, and then get kicked for being down. People really enjoyed creating and expressing themselves through this media and it's just sad that people take pride in watching others falter. It's something I've seen happen far too often in this game and it's a shame that it continues.

I'm with Ian on this one.

@strumslinger ... could you *pretty pretty please* check with the devs or management or the manager of the KFC just down the street and find out if the Foundry is even going to return? The not knowing is the hard part here... and, well, it's quite exhausting. We'd REALLY appreciate it.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79