test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aren't Bonding Runestone Companion Gift too much?

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
edited May 2016 in PvE Discussion
New pet can transform and proc many stacks I heard of 15 stacks as much as I heard more.
Some pets can trigger up to 9 stacks easily, without death or Lira bell as has been proven by Sharpedge.
1 stack of rank 12 is 95% of companion, 3 stacks are 285% of stats on that particular companion.
15 stacks times 95% is 1425% of stats of Paranoid Delusion.
9 stacks times 95% is 855% of stats, isn't it a bit too much overpowered that your companion carries way more power than your toon or your whole party combined?

Other variations are possible like using rank 10, rank 11 and rank 12 and they can also multiproc on their own often reaching radiculous numbers. Who seen, knows.

This is only partly responsible for making PvE content as easy as is.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P
Post edited by etelgrin on

Aren't Bonding Runestone Companion Gift too much? 92 votes

Yes they are too overpowered and they should be toned down by making - max 3 stacks, runestones ICD does not reset upon companions death. WAI.
61% 57 votes
No they are perfectly fine, I spent my hard earned milions of AD on it and on the multiprocing companion to lose this.
38% 35 votes

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Of course they are OP.

Even at max 3 stacks it gives a huge stat boost, having 9 - 15 stacks? that's insane.
    I have no idea how to obtain those values, and no interest of knowing that.

Bonding runestones, and the way they work is another blind alley created by the dev's.
    Too much power, even if it costs a lot to get there.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    I think the paranoid delusion companion is currently broken and not working as intended. Can't go into it more because of forum rules, but rest assured the 15 stack bonding runes procs aren't going to be around for long.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    PI will be fixed soon (aka when enought players bought the promotion) , but companion dying and proccing 2-3 x 3 stacks is another issue. Both should be addressed asap
    Imo - they should stay max 3 procs @ 285% - with max 2/3 uptime - so ~ 190%
    a augment is giving 115% all the time so 190% seems fair taking in mind bonding cost and that they are not guaranteed.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    15 Stacks only possible with a broken Pet ( Para). So this poll is senseless.
    wildfirede explained it very well.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    They are overpowered, but I would prefer even further changes than the ones you wrote, so I am not voting as a result as I don't think thats enough.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

blinxon said:

15 Stacks only possible with a broken Pet ( Para). So this poll is senseless.
    wildfirede explained it very well.

We wouldnt have 15 stacks on paranoid if the triggers would been correct in the first place. Its pretty common knowledge nowadays that many companions can safely proc you 6+ stacks at the same time.

I know the poll does not cover every option, it just sugest to simply make it working as intended and nothing beyond that.

They are overpowered, but I would prefer even further changes than the ones you wrote, so I am not voting as a result as I don't think thats enough.

Please elaborate further ^^
    Section 1 is my opinion on what should happen to bonding runestones, its a long wall of text, so I am not rewriting it.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Its pretty common knowledge nowadays that many companions can safely proc you 6+ stacks at the same time.

Common knowledge or rumours? Sry...i dont think that 6+ stacks can safely proc.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    There is no realistic way to get 15 stacks consistently while fighting. You also have to perform an unusual set of actions to make it happen so i would consider it an exploit.

6 stacks can and does happen in normal gameplay. I dont believe any developer has ever said this is not working as intended. Dragon hoard stones actually have a similar problem but thats moot with the drop cap on them.

Anyways....keep things in perspective. Exaggerating the issue wont get it addressed faster, if it needs to be addressed at all.

Limit the stones to 1 proc per stone at a time and make the icd persist through death. Then i believe they are pretty balanced against augements 100% uptime. Maybe small adjustments required somewhere.

Please dont take us back to the augment days....i like seeing actual pets in use.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I remember in a live steam concerning bugs that they said they know this issue, and they also said it is a major issue.

I just want to make an example about GWF unstoppable bug. Devs know a bug does not mean they know how to resolve it. Although, I think the mutiproc bug should be easy to fix. But who knows, priority may not be the reason that this bug is not fixed yet. I do agree it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper

I remember in a live steam concerning bugs that they said they know this issue, and they also said it is a major issue.

I just want to make an example about GWF unstoppable bug. Devs know a bug does not mean they know how to resolve it. Although, I think the mutiproc bug should be easy to fix. But who knows, priority may not be the reason that this bug is not fixed yet. I do agree it should be fixed as soon as possible.

This can also be true, let's say somehow someone took a look at the source code of the game and it looks like
    i am beginning to understand why the resolving of bugs seems so slow

but on the other side - there are obvious failures on the QA side of the developer - implementing new companions for example - no one actually bothered to check how they interact with bonding stones...

implementing new mounts - no one actually checked if they even have a insignia bonus (ppl buying moon..... and staying out in the dry)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Should be capped at 3 and I would think they'd be perfectly fine.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    3 stacks are even too many.

1) i would totally remove power defense from them
    2) bonding in offensive slot should boost offensive stats
    3) bonding in defensive slot should boost only defensive stats.
    4) 6-7 seconds cooldown from one proc to another

people saying 3 stacks and stop is fine are just laying. How can be right? a companion provides utility/damage/heal/tanking ( and its better than more tanks at it) while providing 3x the amount of stats of an augment. Thats not right.
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Nerfing them into oblivion ain't the answer either, that will only make everyone go back to the good ol' augments, not taking into account that ppl will get mad for spending mills of AD in garbage, but I guess it wouldn't be the first time :neutral:
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

3 stacks are even too many.

1) i would totally remove power defense from them
    2) bonding in offensive slot should boost offensive stats
    3) bonding in defensive slot should boost only defensive stats.
    4) 6-7 seconds cooldown from one proc to another

people saying 3 stacks and stop is fine are just laying. How can be right? a companion provides utility/damage/heal/tanking ( and its better than more tanks at it) while providing 3x the amount of stats of an augment. Thats not right.

What you suggested would make them utterly useless and no one would use companions anymore and then we're back to floating rocks around everyone's head again.

3 stack max is fine, you don't always have 3 stacks up. Versus an augment you always have the stats it gives.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
    if they provided those things fine but only shadowdemon provides measurable dps and defenders can tank only due to aoe ressistance on some bosses (both should be removed imo or dps of other companions being on the level of shadowdeamon)

as it stands now : augment: permanent 115%+ eldritch 10-30% and can't die or aggro mobs or turn boss.

vs

when bounding gets fixed (as it should) 15%+ 285% every 20 sec with cooldown for 10sec = 190% and that would be if you instaproced them - now there are a few pets in the game that almost instantly put the stacks up and if they don't die and the liara's bell is not on cooldown and.... and...

you may get the theoretical limit of 190% but realistically we are looking at 100-150% tops and that for what? cost of r12 bonding in the AH and a fast procer is in the 10m ad range ....
    vs the 100k goat

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

companion provides utility/damage/heal/tanking ( and its better than more tanks at it) while providing 3x the amount of stats of an augment. Thats not right.

This made me laugh. If someones pet is a better tank than the GF/OP you have with you, the problem is NOT with the pet. The damage and heals are largely irrelevant except for the shadow demon which seems to be WAY out of whack damage wise (even then, its no comparison to a player).

Again, I don't mind the bonding stones getting a once over, but do not make normal companions useless. The days of Ioun stones around everyone's head still keeps me awake at night!

An active companion that can take damage should provide more benefit than an augment that can't be damaged, dispelled or what not.
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    If everyone had them no one would be complaining.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    My opinion in this ..

With LM set is gone ... soon GF ITF be 'class balanced' at the rate its going ..
    If this is fixed nicely which instead nerf/nuke its be fine..but from past experience things be normally worthless after the fix ..

Every time after major nerf/fix we loose players ... I lost many comrades after LM/OP fix ... ppl has already spent good hard worked AD/Time and used to the item/character build ...when its taken away ppl get upset even if the reason of removing is reasonable and for better course...

These major changes on the damage output of dps chances are speed run will no longer possible with all those gone... think bout it 45mins for Edemo/CN ( game estimation) how many runs can be done a day ..how many days to get a good drop?

So my question ..
    Are you ready ? are players ready for this drastic changes? , how many more players will we lose for this changes?

Please do consider the circumstances before start a topic will involve complaining things being overpowered ...

• krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Pretty much this. I don't mind hard content if a chance for some real reward awaits at the end. Artifacts, unique epic/leg companions/mounts, unique gear pieces with superior stats. Real chances not 0.5% rng HAMSTER. But to run 40 min cn to get a blue ring + r5 most of the time? A 5k junk weapon from the boss? For freaking salvage rad? Hell no! Same with the rest of pve. So stop whining already. All the fixes here are made with a nuke. I personally am quite happy with my blink dog/quickling and 3 bonding procs at best. And still can get my share of challenge just by entering public queue solo.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    How many people still have T3 armor? Is yours the new stuff that's <T3?

I'd cram a Bonding Runestone on my Mount if I could. Finding blue or purple Insignias is harder than expected.

Now if green Insignia could refine to make blue Insignia, or higher....

: idly wonders if Bonding Runestone would make a saddle turn yellow:

Anyhow, possibilities.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I voted for it being op. Reason I have seen players before and after bonding kicked in and there are some gaining insane power and crit from this. Some are as high as 58k power and one cleric was at 90k power and topped the DPs board.

I applaud them for finding some niche, but...that just is broken as all get out.
    Happy to hear some fix is in The works. Then everyone will move on to the next op item
  • bankatushenkibankatushenki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    So many bo... u have no 15 or even 9 stacks of gift of any companion, if u spam it on dummies that doesnt mean it will work in dungeons. 6-7 stucks thats can be sometimes with 10+11+12 and 4-5 with 11+12+12. And only for 5-10 seconds. Most of the time it will be 3-4 stacks when its not on colldown. And if compare price which cost to spent on companion and ioun - its all fare. And main i cant understand, why ppl crying about bondings at all instead of buy it for themselvs. Envy - it is a sin... If u cant spend 50-100 millions ad on your char that doesnt mean u must spoil game to those who can and wasted on this money or time.

About paranoid - the only thing u should fix in it - is that black shadow around mobs/bosses which hiding all aoe. And those thing that stacking bondings on delusion is more annoying for its users than give them advantage.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Pls stop with the nerf threads. This is how it goes:

"Wah wah - x is overpowered - nerf plz"

"Ok players." Nerfbat descends.

"Wah wah - y is overpowered - nerf plz"

"Ok players." Nerfbat descends.

"Wah wah - GAME IS TOO HARD."

Facepalm.

Nerfing features relating specifically to a character class is acceptable, because these qualities are not available across the board. Nerfing items and sets that everyone in the game has access to, not. What..? You have them..? Then who are you to decide for me as well..? What..? You don't have them, and never will because of the cost..? Sorry, it's not my fault you are poor, gamewise anyway.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

Looks like the nerf may be incoming.
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Posts: 11 Cryptic Developer
    5:36PM
    dsn1118 said:
    Still no fix on Paranoid overstacking?
    There's a fix for this in the pipeline -- it wasn't so much a problem with Paranoid Delusion per se, as a problem with bonding runestones that Paranoid Delusion really took advantage of. (And don't worry, if you weren't overstacking, the fix won't nerf you at all -- in fact it will improve you slightly, or more than slightly if you are wanting to use a slower-attacking companion.)

Nerf is coming , Probably will loose more players ... hope all those who started and supported this are happy