test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We're your fake wizard friends from the PC version! Ask us anything about CWs!

12346»

Comments

• awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Spell Mastery is RB (so yeah, upper right) on XBox

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/cw?b=2xh1:zbumfw:9mbg:5ykqa,13n3i03:1z00u00:1z05u0v:1000000&h=0&p=mof

^ is a link to a build I'm working on (for my 2nd CW, 1st - and main - is a SS Renegade), not sure on how effective, but there are only so many ways to go, wanted to try out a MoF Thaumaturge (disregard powers, feat spec is what I'm concerned with), not a 70 or geared yet, but thus far I like him.
  • darthneutrondarthneutron Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I had my killer wizard and pally ready to roll. Saved up boxes and kits for double enchants. Bought and bunch of zen while flipping AD for keys to accumulate bars to maximize my toons gear and enchants. Opened over 500 lockboxes for bars in last 4 months for notta now. Thanks neverwinter management and development team. Is this where the hurricane katrina management team went after that disaster?
  • priapism66priapism66 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I believe this is the forum where you ask questions about CW, not cry about things you have no control over. Not trying to be rude but just sayin. Im sure you will survive this, but if not there are hotlines and therapy for your situation.
  • kvothe2203kvothe2203 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have a question for Master of Flame spec. If there is 2 MoF in the group does the swath of destruction debuff stack. I will be testing tonight but I was curious if anyone knows or has tested already.
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User

I have a question for Master of Flame spec. If there is 2 MoF in the group does the swath of destruction debuff stack. I will be testing tonight but I was curious if anyone knows or has tested already.

The debuff is static and doesn't stack. Also, the DPS boost from Critical Conflagration (using the faster, classic loadouts), far outweighs and benefits you're giving the group, unless you're running with no tank or healer.
  • trishleytrishley Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Any advice on the best power rotation for a MOF Thaum in Castle Never on xbox? I'd like to hear what others have found to work well in this final stage. It's the blend of boss and trash and boosting the other members that has me stumped. Any input is appreciated!

Some ideas:
    a) Icy Rays (Tab), RoE, IT, DIS
    b) CoI (Tab), FtF, RoE, DIS
    c) ??
  • stuckthrottlestuckthrottle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Not sure if my rotation is any good as I have only run this version of CN 3 times but:

Non Boss Fights: I use my standard mob rotation of CoI on RB, Steal Time, Disintegrate, Icy Terrain. During this time I have Chilling Presence and Critical Conflagration on. I tried using Swath for the non boss fights, but things weren't dying quick enough.

Bosses: CoI on RB to keep smolder refreshing, RoE, Disintegrate, and either FtF or Icy Rays. At bosses, I switch out Critical Conflagration for Swath and switch my Owlbear Cub companion for my Eyness to make up some of what I lose without Critical Conflagration. I'll use Scorching Burst to start smolder. Also use my lantern every 60 seconds. The FtF / Icy Rays bit is really just based on whether or not I need to proc chaos magic quicker or help out at the Orcus fight and do at least some DPS.
    Thanks! So, I wasn't too far off. I had the feeling I needed to pop Swath back on at the end, but I was definitely hesitant about losing that much critical severity. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so Swath it is. I just need to remember to start with a blast of SB. Also, wasn't sure about what to use on Mastery and whether or not to use Icy Rays or RoE. Looking forward to trying this out. Thanks again!
    Oh and just for a second opinion: Magic Missile over Chilling Cloud for Orcus, right? Am I right in thinking that it would be better suited, single target power and all?
  • dinksgirldinksgirl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Curious, I have a lvl 70 wizard, my first, a therm...I find that I am super squishy, anything thing I can do to toughen her up just a bit, where I don't get one shot, by demigorgon, or Tiamat. I got some free Zen cause they deleted my mount on the last update, wonder to get a mount with defense or life steal to help me out. I also would like to know how much lifesteal do you need to start noticing that it does anything or is it defense that keeps you alive. Thanks so much for any feedback!!!! :smiley:
  • stuckthrottlestuckthrottle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    We're you replying to his comments from way back in December?
  • aztrial#9582 aztrial Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hello new to the forums as you can see haha,

I main a lvl 70 CW and have re specd soooo may times i am starting to get frustrated.

i have ome to the concluson that i want to stick with SS i tried MoF and was not hitting anywhere near the numbers as when i was a SS so thats that part covered.

Next is what Feat tree to go down? i keep mixing up between rengade and Thaum but i dont know what is better for me, i would rather go for a raw DPS build straight up damage is the kind of player i am.

My iem lvl is 3146
    i have 20k power unbuffed
    11k crit unbuffed
    7.5k arm pen unbuffed
    60% crit chance un buffed
    92% crit severity unbuffed
    Transcednet Vorpal
    all rank 10 runes Azure and Radient, Dark in utility.

and i seem to get out DPS by pretty much any CW i am in a dungeon with, even if there base stats are lower than mine!

i use the same rotation as many which is - COI in tab , steal time,sudden storm/disengrate , icy terrain, chilling pressence & storm spell, but i just seem to fall behind all the time.

would anyone have any ideas what i am doing wrong? please let me know thans in advance
  • the49erking#0516 the49erking Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I hate steal time! The animation takes for ever. Keep sudden storm, disintegrate, icy terrain, and CoI in tap. Also need to get that crit up. At 14k you will see a huge change