What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Easy Class for twinking

2»

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016

zebular said:

Your talking about ELOL, which is not hard to beat w/o heals. I would love to see a video of you beating EDemo with no heals of any kind. So until you do something that is actually impressive with a DPS DC....Don't spread false info about buff/debuff/dps specced dcs.

Then you even have fabricant, a well known and highly knowledgeable player telling you the contrary of your rebuttal... Really? Come on...
    To this point: I don't know nor do I care who this person is. He/she could be made of pure gold, but I still don't care. If they were so well known I would have heard of them when I was playing. The only people I ever heard of of IronZerg and Lazalia.

I stand by what I said first. DC is and should be a healer first. You don't see a GF trying to be top DPS, or a TR trying to heal people. Classes are made with one MAIN aspect in mind. Sure they can be deviations, but for most groups you need the classic 3 DPS, 1Tank, 1 healing cleric.

As to the posted videos, the only thing that it showed was that a DPS DC needs an OP GF and other OP DPS to be effective. Love to see this DPS DC try to run those things with people still gearing up and not already BiS. The ones leveling NEED heals to stay alive.

@firepats12#3687

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLnM-7hN9-8&feature=youtu.be

2k group, eCC, mod 6 before arp bug was fixed with a righteous debuffer dc, no paladin, just good team play.

You know whats the difference between a group with a healer and a group with a righteous dc? a group with a healer assumes you play badly and are going to make many mistakes and thus is trying to mitigate the severity of those mistakes. A group with a righteous dc is assuming that people know what they are doing and is making the speed at which you clear content faster, thus there is less time in which mistakes can be made. The big difference between me and you pats is I can substantiate everything I say, I play on the PC, I have access to tools like ACT and can provide very precise results to back up every argument I make, you cannot and do not. Furthermore, a large body of the evidence you want has been requested by other people refusing to see different ways of doing things, so yeah, pretty much any part of my argument you want to pick at, I already have a response to supported by very strong evidence. I have been playing a lot longer than you and I like to test things and find more efficient ways of doing stuff, as I always like to improve the efficiency of both my solo and team play. As to who I am and why should you care? Well, that isn't really relevant but considering you seem to value the words of @ironzerg79 and @lazaroth666 so highly, why don't you ask them if I am speaking the truth?

Also, as to not getting dps GFs:
    https://youtu.be/tN6bpu-nFRQ

Wrong, they do exist.

Anyhow, ON TOPIC, a Righteous DC or MoF renegade has value to the party with very little gear investment, however, you will find it easier to solo on a righteous dc than a MoF ren CW.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "you will find it easier to solo on a righteous dc than a MoF ren CW."

Heh that's true. As a Righteous DC I soloed everything in IWD on my DC with no problems, including Biggrins, those bear riding barbarians, 5 man HE's etc.

Now I'm haste it's just waaay too slow, I'm quite looking forward to the opportunity to go back to it.

My renegade CW had a much harder time until I got his IL up & got him a decent vorpal.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @thefabricant You say one thing, I say another. You say I am wrong, I say you are wrong. You think you are a god DC, I beg to differ. It's all a moo point and I am tired of trying to explain myself to hopeless case. You do you, whether it's appropriate or not means nothing to me. Done here.

Also, just to be clear, I never said I, "valued the words of Ironzerg or Lazalia". Only that I have only heard of them being good at their respective classes. So just another thing you didn't understand. Now I'm done in this thread.
    To paraphrase one of the beginner companions "A smart warrior always quits when he's behind".

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@thefabricant You say one thing, I say another. You say I am wrong, I say you are wrong. You think you are a god DC, I beg to differ. It's all a moo point and I am tired of trying to explain myself to hopeless case. You do you, whether it's appropriate or not means nothing to me. Done here.

Also, just to be clear, I never said I, "valued the words of Ironzerg or Lazalia". Only that I have only heard of them being good at their respective classes. So just another thing you didn't understand. Now I'm done in this thread.

Whatever you say man, I have provided evidence to substantiate my arguments, all you have is words. Until you can back up your claims with more than just words, your case is as flimsy as a house of cards.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Let's keep this on topic. If you can't make a point without insulting another player, it's probably not a point worth making. So here's a general notice to everyone participating...stay on topic, stop with the insults and trolling. Please direct your responses to helping out the poster, who has a very good and clear question.

Ironzerg sits back, his fingers methodically drumming his Hammer of Troll Smiting +6
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I have a 2.5k DC I've spent very little on her, I got the double slotted recovery rings, and the shirt and pants, but I already had the tools for that, thx to my GWF, I also have the Lathander set (I got the artifact from Dread Ring) which is getting cheaper atm, a friend gift me the neck and the belt was like 10k in the AH.

You may spend even less now with the Underdark rings being 'free' and the shirt and pants from Mantol-Derith, I don't remember the name. She is the character that made me most of my AD back when I created her, coz it was hard for me to get into a grp since I didn't have a real guild and also my main (the HR) was like 2.1k IL, but my DC got me into an awesome guild and also made a shxt ton of AD!! :tongue:
  • meph2009meph2009 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi all, thanks a lot for your recommendations!
    I appreciate that very much.

Summary + my consideration:
    It is needed to play a class with buffs/debuffs/tools independent from stats.
    There seems to be a consensus that Devoted Cleric, Guardian Fighter and Oathbound Paladin can fulfill this requirement.
    But a hard nerf for the Paladin is coming soon ...

And something else seems clear in this discussion?
    For a relaxed gaming experience it may be useful to look for the expectations of the other players, too (low healing DC).
    As a full-time working family father "in-game relaxing" is important for me :-)

So finally I made my decision:
    I will continue to level up my Cleric to 70 and create a Guardian Fighter.

Again, thanks a lot!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    ok, I just played a game with Sax. I'm not the best HR in the world by a country mile but he (or she) out did me by 1 million points. that would be a worthy thing to change the dc to when the time comes. I take back what I said to be far reaching (but it still applies to the few I've seen in the wild LOL)

I'll be asking for your build Sax when the free respec token comes around.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Haha yeah we can a couple T1s and I got you on both of them. Thing is my damage output is nearing its cap and won't go much higher :( you on the otherhand if you keep improving can get your damage to go exponentially higher, but as I mentioned before I'm not too concerned with my damage my main thing is buffing the team and debuffing the enemies. I was making 2.5k GWFs crit easy million hits just by myself earlier. Shame my buffs don't get applied to my paingiver damage because I would be on top 99% of the time, so I'll continue to let the silly one trick GWFs, SWs, and other DPSers gawk at their high numbers they're only that high cause of me and/or other buffers.

Anyways, My feats and powers are listed in a little guide in the DC Section of the forums it's not to extensive but it leads you in the right direction and I'd be more than glad to help with any additional questions.

On the subject of best HRs though speak with Vendetta (think he's 3.5k) in our guild, that guy has his class down hitting 120 mil in Edemo and even beat GWF at the same item level as him, and easily squashed my measly 25 lmao, It made me wanna make a HR (though I know it's going to be expensive to be THAT good :expressionless: maybe when I get my DC a little bit higher in ilvl I'll work on that.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
    I'll be checking out your guide to m8 ;)

edited April 2016
    yup, I've spoken with vendetta more than once. watched him stream a few times. and I've improved my character quite a bit based on his modelling... but I've still got a lot to learn.. and there are some things I probably will never be able to afford with the coal ward nerf.

I also think I'm limited on just how fast I can hit buttons. I'm 45.. I'm not a spring chicken any more. My reflexes just aren't as fast as some. I'm also a natural button masher so I get off my rotations at times if I get distracted by something (easy to do LOL) I'm pretty much satisfied as long as I feel i'm pulling my weight.

I've seen one or two HR's like Vendetta and I always think there just must be something I'm missing. LOL. Somethng I'm just not doing.. but for the life of me.. dunno what it is. watching the stream I'm still not always sure just what he's doing to always be in the right place at the right time at the right spot in his rotation. LOL. There are jedi masters in this game...

just got to be the best you can and be good with it yah know :)

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I see you Ruthless guys absolutely everywhere, nearly every PUG I am in has at least 1 of your Guild members lol.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    doesn't surprise me. Ruthless is a very very active guild. we're currently at capacity and everyone logs in regularly. :)
    Heh, yeah we're a very active guild xD With low requirements and high GH/boons we attract a lot of good/active players too.

Thanks for the plug opportunity btw - lol :smiley:

• kittysparkles01kittysparkles01 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    DC is a great class for soloing content if you go with a DPS debuff build. As a divine Oracle I require very little gear to be effective, as most of the effects are based off feats and proper use of encounter powers.

Buffing team damage is very effective in dungeons, and dps side is mostly for solo content.

It's nice to put out damage on any class, but while in a group I focus on buffing Allies / mitigating incoming damage and debuffing enemies defenses.

I have all classes at 70, and with the exception of my well geared main (3.2k HR), my 2.5k DC is by far the easiest to run all solo content. Including having done solo runs of all T1 dungeons and skirmishes with the exception of boss fight in Shores (brutal one shot attack) and boss fight in Valindras (that hand will eventually get me)

Always happy to discuss builds and techniques if you care to look me up in game :) GT KittySparkles01
  • kittysparkles01kittysparkles01 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @theFiresidecat I have a great build for dps output on my HR, very simple to use, and can regularly keep up with some of the hard hitting 3.5k+ GWFs I run with. Especially with new Dread enchant coming out :)

Feel free to look me up any time, as I said in the post above, I'm always happy to discuss builds and situational dungeon techniques. GT KittySparkles01