What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Improving the Level 60-70 Experience

13»

Comments

• Options
    emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yesterday, I got my first character to 60. I decided I'd log off and wait until today to dive into 60+ content. I guess I missed by a day having any idea what these changes mean.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Yesterday, I got my first character to 60. I decided I'd log off and wait until today to dive into 60+ content. I guess I missed by a day having any idea what these changes mean.

You... didn't miss anything?

These changes aren't live.

Anyway, you can start the story quests from Underdark, and then Maze Engine, and then decide how much you want to dip into old!Elemental Evil when you can't progress any further with those.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    -deleted, im not even on the right topic-
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    azghorraazghorra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I wonder if Wizards had any idea how much confusion they'd spawn when they used "Elemental Evil" as a title for this elemental cultist storyline as a callback to a classic, even though it is completely unrelated.

This was part of a larger effort, spearheaded by WotC themselves. "Elemental Evil" was the name of the then current D&D Adventurers League season, which was running adventures from the super campaign, "Princes of the Apocalypse." The entire thing was meant as a throwback.
    Rubenstein's Discount Foundry (NW-DGSI9QUFW) - A partial tribute to City of Heroes.
    4747521824a058685c0fc486fbff1fca?AccessKeyId=33612D1E95C3E57E664F&disposition=0&alloworigin=1Castles & Chemo: Granting a +4 to Saves vs Cancer!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    azghorra said:

I wonder if Wizards had any idea how much confusion they'd spawn when they used "Elemental Evil" as a title for this elemental cultist storyline as a callback to a classic, even though it is completely unrelated.

This was part of a larger effort, spearheaded by WotC themselves. "Elemental Evil" was the name of the then current D&D Adventurers League season, which was running adventures from the super campaign, "Princes of the Apocalypse." The entire thing was meant as a throwback.
    I said Wizards, not Cryptic, eh?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    kvet said:

Someone mentioned the last two ToD boons - I wrote them off a long time ago. I never expect to earn them. I would love for them to be reasonably obtainable, but simply put: they are not. Not for anyone that even closely resembles a casual player. I would LOVE to see those two boons reconsidered.

Well in theory 1 tiamat run per week since mod 5 launch would have your boons by now. That's pretty casual

Also since some would call F2P, pay to advance quickly this boon fit that criteria since you can actually buy them.

I have no problem with the tiamat farm, its now more practical than it has ever been. You can build your team and strategize now. In theory you no longer need to apply the zerg method to account for the lack of strategy and can stop wasting buffs/debuffs that don't stack on one head.
    kvet said:

Someone else mentioned the mote gear. Again - I consider those patently unobtainable for anyone resembling a casual player and have absolutely no intention of trying to earn them. There's plenty of other things I can do in Neverwinter and after taking a look at what's needed to earn that gear, I simply put it out of my mind. Eventually, there will be gear that makes them obsolete (if its not obsolete already) and until then the gear I have now is perfectly suited to all my Neverwinter needs. I'm sorry that the Cryptic crew spend time on implementing that gear - frankly speaking it was a complete waste of time in my opinion.

The mote artifact equipment can also be bought for anyone to casual or impatient to earn them. Problem solved

Check Joseph Skyrims guide, do the elemental evil stuff that's easy for the zone you opened. Then do something else if you have time that hour. Next hour rinse/repeat. That's the easiest way to lvl form 60-70. It may seem counter intuitive to break up your progress in the campaigns or dungeons but in the long run its the best use of your time/effort.
  • Options
    kathryntheredkathrynthered Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Help!!

There are vigilance quests in the (4) areas and I originally fulfilled a lot of them. I cleaned out my Journal a while back, I don't know where to pick up the next batch of Vigilance quests. I cant even see the quests from peeps in some areas unless I go up to them, they are not showing "!" any more. Is there a map out there showing where I can pick up the different Vigilance Quests? They would tell you where to see the next person. There has to be a map out there.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Uhm...I think you are asking in the wrong forum. The vigilance quests are irrelevant on the Preview server as they are being removed there.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kathryntheredkathrynthered Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    This is all valid. They asked us in the beginning of this very same thread to prepare now. Otherwise we are screwed on our existing Level 70 toons if we want those boons. They mentioned what is happening to the Vigilance quests. Besides, this is where they sent us to discuss.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    You aren't HAMSTER your existing 70s: they can still go back to get boons. If you have partially completed the various EE zones, it will be clearly marked off in the campaign -- and you can take the rewards for anything that you completed already.

If you are trying to finish off subzones now, the best I can suggest is look at the wiki, looking at each zone in turn. I don't see location markers for the quest-givers, but at least you can see their names and the vigilance quests, which are in the order of how you would move through each zone.
  • Options
    mataocdmataocd Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi all.
    I welcome the changes, although I never had issues with vigilance tasks (except when there were 16 of them for one wrapper).
    That said, i think the whole level cap increase was done a bit clumsy...
    First, is Elemental Evil an end game campaign or expanded storyline due to the increased level cap? You made it both and that's not very good. Since the level cap was increased, EE should, by definition, be an expanded storyline content, not an end game campaign, right? That brought to relativising other end game campaign rewards, that is slightly better now, but still not as good as it should be imho. The thing is, lvl 60 is not max level anymore, and devs still act as it is in some way, that's why in some zones everyone's lvl decreases to 60. Why? Game's max lvl is 70 and all game content should transition to that, no more 60, that's history.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    "Well in theory 1 tiamat run per week since mod 5 launch would have your boons by now. That's pretty casual"

Good luck being ABLE to run Tiamat 1X per week as a casual player. It was almost impossible before they increased the lvl cap to 70!
  • Options
    dinpappa#7822 dinpappa Member Posts: 1 New User
    If you could find a way to bring the "dead" campaign "Rise of tiamat" back to life i know new chars will find it less "grindy" and alot of old players that need "linu's favor" bad will be hell-o-happy to help in the conquest! Win-win!

This is what i think would solve this issue best but if its not possible - linu's favor need to be corrected for those that don't have completed the boon-structure.

Thx
    Tobias
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    You know what yould be great? If some of the campaign tasks (best would be the last one for every area) rewarded some extra xp, like the tasks in the maze engine. Just as a little extra boost towards getting to 70. Just to avoid someone getting stuck under level 70 with no more quests to do. I know I can get there easily, with my +xp undergarments, vip bonus and rank 7 azures in utility slots. But others, especially new players don't have all this. Some don't have a guild and can't do the very high xp cleric quests.
    If you are then forced to grind out enemies for 2 or 3 levels, it gets frustrating very fast.
  • Options
    muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    so I've got to go back and do all the vigilant quests I missed getting to level 70 to get the boons I already have? wtf is this micky mouse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

so I've got to go back and do all the vigilant quests I missed getting to level 70 to get the boons I already have? wtf is this micky mouse HAMSTER

Exactly this is crazy, when I used to play elemental campaign there were no boons, quests were useful just for EXP and i lvl 'ed up killing giants and now i have to do the HAMSTER quests that i skipped to get those boons. if you have introduced those boons before i would have done them when i was lvling... this is ridiculous