test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.18

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Portobello DaVinci invites you to read the patch notes for our maintenance on 4/14.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9914733-patch-notes:-nw.60.20160307a.18

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Well done on fixing the Orcus set damage, it's ridiculous and you guys caught it quick. Thank you.

That said, for the love of all that is holy, why did you not release the shadowclad fix? Guys you have the fix on preview, I understand why you're not ready to realease the Pally/GF/DC changes but the shadowclad should've been fixed like the day after it came out. Please reconsider and add that fix for tomorrows patch? Please???? @strumslinger
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    Good list of fixes, thank you.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Oh noes, they're nerfing VT/MC!

RIP their relevance.
  • qucalionofcelenequcalionofcelene Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Will the other Campaign Treasures Vouchers be fixed as well?

Sooo . . . no Zen refund for those of us who apparently overpaid for the Watler companion?
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Can you please put vanguard scrips back in the Dread Ring store? It's very difficult to progress through the campaign atm. I think on preview server they are back in the store for 2 weeks now...
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Good fixes, but I'm disappointed a bit.
    The Orcus set has been released 1 month ago and it can be used only when the Maze Engine campaign is completed, i.e. in these days. I'm suprised that during this time no one from Cryptic tested this live and let the players to discover (and maybe abuse) that ridiculous bug for some days: it could be avoided.
    I can extend the same reasoning to the repeteable maze engine quest and other items.
    So I'm not ready to thank for the "quick" fix because there was all the time to avoid it if tested properly.
    i hope to see a better quality management in the future.
    Btw...again I cannot get my stuff back when the AH expires: any news?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    where are the shadowclad and dread enchantments' fixes??
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    rayrdan said:

where are the shadowclad and dread enchantments' fixes??

Dread was fixed wasn't it?

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    in preview, not on live
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Demon Lords' Immortality set bonus
    •This set bonus now properly increases the player's damage if the player's hit points are below the target's.
    •This set bonus no longer increases the damage of certain powers by immense amounts.
    No ....... now I can no longer wipe all the dragons in the stronghold solo.

On a more serious note Thank you that is good list of fixes. tired of people one hitting the dragons in WOD
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

mynaam said:

•This set bonus now properly increases the player's damage if the player's hit points are below the target's.
    •This set bonus no longer increases the damage of certain powers by immense amounts.

On a more serious note Thank you that is good list of fixes. tired of people one hitting the dragons in WOD

I don't even wanna know how many guilds farmed this every 2 hours to get rich. I had one guy yesterday ruining tiamat for everyone by one-shotting all heads. 3 days is normally too slow to fix a serious bug such as this.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

mynaam said:

I don't even wanna know how many guilds farmed this every 2 hours to get rich. I had one guy yesterday ruining tiamat for everyone by one-shotting all heads. 3 days is normally too slow to fix a serious bug such as this.

Stop yer whining ffs. They fixed it quickly by their own standards. At least this bug wasn't left to run amok for weeks on end.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    Wow getting rude quickly, are we? I just meant they could have deactivated the set directly after it became known to them. It took them 3 days only because a maintenance was scheduled anyway. If something like this had happenend on a friday it would have taken a week. So the speedy fix was just lucky.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    lmao Is nobody else bothered by the fact your HP has to be lower than the enemy's for the Orcus set effect to kick in? I doubt the wording was accidental in this case. If that's the case - it's yet another useless set.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

lmao Is nobody else bothered by the fact your HP has to be lower than the enemy's for the Orcus set effect to kick in? I doubt the wording was accidental in this case. If that's the case - it's yet another useless set.

@rinat114 it already works the other way round, they making it work both ways. (So regardless of whether your HP is lower or higher, so long as there is a difference.)
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I am not going to pile on about the Orcus issue since it really didn't affect me more than a few days of Dragon Runs (other than to say--thanks for the fix), but I definitely would like to thank a certain developer for fixing Caer Konig:

rgutscheradev said:
    OK, this one sounded both annoying and easy to fix, so I just now went in and found it and fixed it. The fix will take a while to work its way through the system (QA, Production, etc.), but it's now fixed internally, and hopefully will work its way to you guys in good time. (Not necessarily the next patch, but maybe the one after that? Can't promise, though, I'm not a producer!)

And kudos to the producers for not leaving rgutscheradev hanging after he corrected it. Thank you.

• chaosedge2011#1991 chaosedge2011 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    so will this also fix the problem the maze engine daily (rescue wizards from maze).
  • carademig#1221 carademig Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Good work =]
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    yes, yes, yes,, a big thank you for the fix on CC Frozen Treasures,, to all involved starting with rgutscheradev for just stepping up and fixing it,, to all the rest that didn't leave it hanging at that point, thanks again :)
    also the Heroic feats of Heroism tasks reset,, good,, will make it much less confusing if it all just resets at the same time, plus a lot of other good fixes this time round, thank you
    I would still like to see the vangaurd scrip added back to the bounty hunter in dread ring,, without it, the scrip requirement for Dark vouchers falls behind the rest of items and you require more of them than any of the other items to make the vouchers
    thanks again and have a great weekend devs and pros :)
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "Heroic Feats of Heroism eligibility now resets at 3:00 AM server time (at the same time daily quests reset), rather than 20 hours after the last completion."

This seems very unfair to people who have put work into the campaign and perhaps had enough time to complete it 20x by timing it but may NOT if they need a day for each completion from here on it. People with time out of town might have just wasted a LOT of crystal dice....

Nope I'm wrong this is the other things not the dice roll.
    Post edited by andorrabell on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

"Heroic Feats of Heroism eligibility now resets at 3:00 AM server time (at the same time daily quests reset), rather than 20 hours after the last completion."

This seems very unfair to people who have put work into the campaign and perhaps had enough time to complete it 20x by timing it but may NOT if they need a day for each completion from here on it. People with time out of town might have just wasted a LOT of crystal dice....

That's not the Die-Nation, but the crafting tasks, etc. which were on extremely confusing and inconvenient personal cooldowns.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Fix T.Shadowclad FFS. Now.

Heroic Feats of Heroism have nothing to do with the Die-Nation requirements which have always been 6 crystal dice per day and have always reset every 24 hours. Heroic Feats has only ever yielded acredidation points which can be earned at a maximum of 100 per week anyway
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Heroic Feats of Heroism have nothing to do with the Die-Nation requirements which have always been 6 crystal dice per day and have always reset every 24 hours. Heroic Feats has only ever yielded acredidation points which can be earned at a maximum of 100 per week anyway
    Die-nation is 18 hours, and still is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I need a clarification, please.
    The title of this post and the NW news report "Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.18".
    On the other the current version displayed by the game and this post
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215088/maze-engine-owlbear-patch-notes-nw-60-20160307a-19
    refer to a.19.
    Finally it seems that a.18 and a.19 are the same thing: correct?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

Die-nation is 18 hours, and still is.
    Right,, i miss typed on that, but still no worry in completing that.
    And the 24 hour timer now implemented on Heroic Feats creates much less confusion than the 20 hour deal from before with all options running on different timers depending on completion and and coming back and finding some done or not done in a given period,, yeah,, just plain simpler.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Right,, i miss typed on that, but still no worry in completing that.

Well, not if you started on day 1, but if you missed some days you might have a problem.

I was on a vacation and when I returned, there were too few days remaining for me to to it just once per day. I calculated I can still make it (with half a day to spare), if I really make use of the 18-hour cycle ... which may mean having to get up at 3AM to start a task. That way I can get 5 tasks done every 4 days.

Hoping for improvements...
  • usatausata Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can you guys give back Emerald Enclave Requisition Pack pls.. İ was waiting for enough money for getting mount but when i look for open that box i realize there is no box. İts just so sad :,,,(
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Gear from bosses and minibosses in dungeons once again properly drops on a per-player basis, rather than just dropping once and requiring players to roll on it.
    Can please treat Insigna like gears?

But about the double T1 treasure are we all forgiven?

This discussion has been closed.