test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD and Refinement Guide (WiP )

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Neko's Guide to AD and Refinement~ ^_^

Simple Guide for those who are having trouble figuring out how to make AD and refinement to increase IL and so on. This guide isn't for everyone, but Im sure you'll be able to find something new or old that will help you progress further into the game. Pick out a few that suits you. :smile:

Requirements: You’ll want to be level 70 since well that should be very clear to you that, that’s when you’ll make the most AD and refinement at once, other than that they're no real requirement depending on how new you are you'll be limited on some of these. ^.^

Recommendation: You have either a group of friends you play with everyday or a guild willing to farm such things to help not just them, but you as well.

Astral Diamonds Tips

There is a lot of ways to make AD we all know that and the ways that I'll go over will be the bigger ones.

First, let’s talk about the 2x AD on the Calendar that you can find in-game, yes this will be one of your biggest money makers since well any salvage you use during it doubles its value, note don’t use any salvage on your main unless for some reason you really need to, we’ll cover that in a bit. Now you might ask what do I farm to gain this salvage and where do I store it? Well my personal opinion that you should farm is T1 Valindra’s Tower since if you make a Valindra’s keys everyday from your Dread Ring Campaign and use your epic dungeon chest key on the end chest you’ll have a chance to get two rare chest plates from the end chest and the Valindra key chest, as well as a chance to get two more(one from each) from each boss, meaning you have a chance to score 6x Rare Chestplates worth 10-11k during 2x AD depending on your VIP situation . For skirmishes this may vary since well either kessell’s or ESoT will do nicely as long as you have a key for each gaining you even more salvage, around 1-3 salvage items. Those will also cover “most” of your daily salvage on your main character as for the rest you can run a quick pvp match and get the rest if you win which shouldn’t be a challenge if you’re with your friends. So just from running at least two VT’s and one of each of the skirmishes and the PvP match will cover your daily AD on your main. Plus you can use any spare glory for more salvage or feeders if you still need them. Now if you do this you’ll have a decent amount of salvage in your inventory and I recommended you store it in your bank and on your alts I highly recommend you have around 8 alt toons with at least their first three starter bags. After you do this if you're doing the Underdark campaign use you keys in PoM or Throne and demo or Edemo and this’ll pack you a bit more salvage you can store for later. Once you’ve done all this and if you're not sick of farming for today go farm the skirmishes if you are not at your daily goal, if you're like me I have a goal of at least one runic bag of holding (36 slots I think) full of salvage a day. If you do this you’ll have around 5 million ad to use on yourself as long as you salvage your daily amount on each alt during the 2x, plus you can keep remaking one of those alts and salvage on him and repeat if you're impatient. :3 Remember to save everything don’t let it go to waste. Now another way to make a bit of cash during the week and on weekends is doing your Dread Ring campaign daily and or buying the keys and farming it, but remember it's RNG so it won’t be a 100% chance, but it’s decent enough to farm. ^.^ I also would recommend you do all the weeklys try not to forget because that’ll nail you a bit more AD you can use. Now here’s a little exploit I guess you can say, the last time I checked if you buy Preservation Wards on the Zen Market when you have the no posting fee from VIP on the AH if you sell the Wards 1x at a time you can make a small profit by repeating the process over and over, but I can’t confirm if this is still a thing, but it’s worth a shot if you are willing to try, trust me your fingers will hurt after a while of doing that though . Remember if your ever feeling Lazy the Non-epic dungeons still give you Rough Astral Diamonds, people tend to forget that. :3 Plus you have that small chance for a "special" Transmute items worth around 500k-2mil.
You can also make and sell the Dragon Hoards and Fey Blessings after your done getting your own for profit. c:
With the trade bars you earn from lockboxes you can buy n' sell the fashion sets for a decent profit.Going on each and every character everyday and Invoking will give you a tiny bit of Rough AD as well as giving you Ardent Coin from your first and Celestial Coin from your first and last, in which if you save them up(360 days) you can sell [Angel of Protection] for ad, one last thing the more characters you are doing this with the more your going to get. : 3
:p There are more methods, but i've mended myself around these and it seems to work nicely.

Refinement Tips
As for refinement never say it’s hard to get since well it’s obviously not depending on your know how to earn it, if you don't know well then here you go. :3Now we all know that the exploit farm was patched in Reclamation Rock and now people try to find other places to farm, personally I recommend you have at least two Dragon Hoards equipped and two Fey Blessing’s equipped and go to drowned shore and head to the castle structure with a bridge leading inside and rotate under the bridge and around that area always returning to the bridge, sure it isn’t as much as the old farm, but it also isn’t anything patch worthy since you not getting an huge amount for doing no work like some used to. Now if you’ve decided to go with what I said above about the personal dungeon keys then you’ll find that you’ll also get some more refine out of those as well. Here’s something I highly recommend to more of late game people is going to Icewind Pass and make a rotation between the heroics since the refinement will definitely rack up nice and quickly depending on your group, plus you’ll have a chance at Elk Tribe weapons which depending on you class they’ll sell for a pretty penny too. :3 Remember to do all your daily’s in Sharandar and Dread ring since those will give you a lot of refine. If you’re going for some serious amount of refine you can hold on to anything that give you refinement such as enchantment wise and wait till the 2x to open them and get double same with the heroics you can just let them rack up on the side of your screen till then if you please. ^.^If you have acess to VIP or well... addicted to opening lockboxes then this will be another source of refinement for you don't let those R7's go to waste, so if you don't have it yet think about it. :3If you need to know how to feed your artifacts to mythic go here. : 3 Banned link edited out by moderator.
Extra Tips
Try to keep some kind of notebook to keep track of how much AD you need, and refinement you need for such Items.For an example Ive written down all the GMoP's I need as well as how many SMoP I need to Upgrade my enchantments further and progress faster by not wasting my AD or refinement by mistake.

I most likely missed some thing and I'm sorry, but if you really have any questions then why not Message my xbox account? :smile: Im glad to help those in need, just no hand outs you’ll have to do as much work as the rest of us.
Newly Noted/Updated
Working on the Extra Tips and more toward AD and Refinement.

Anything you wish for me to add that I haven't covered don't be afraid to message me, and ill add your name down at the bottom. ^.^Contributers

Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I know there's more ways, but these seem to work great and are not the hardest things to do since well this is targeted toward both groups of our players and friends. :3
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Thanks neko, this should help alot of new to end game players keep connected and interested in progressing.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    @kuero21 see this here is good advice... save for double AD events :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    @wdj40 Nah
    In fairness each to their own dude and people should play how they want :)

There have been times when I have salvaged not during a double AD event just for a little extra, I do not do it often though generally everything gets saved.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    I guess when a set of twins walk up and @kuero21 be like nah. Good luck bruh. We over here will keep moving on to bigger and better thing lmao.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    And that's the point, you only make ad when a double rad event is going on and still a few days/ weeks after as long as your resources are lasting. You refine until you are out of rough ad. Then you wait for the next double rad event which is most likely several weeks to months later and you won't get too much ad in the mean time. This strategy looks like a creepy diet. You are refusing to eat anything until supermarkets bring out a huge sale and food can be obtained very cheap to get the most bang out of your bucks, though you are literally starving to death in between.
    If you want to play this way, sure. I couldn't care less. I won't do the same, though.
    edited April 2016
    zman81420 said:

I guess when a set of twins walk up and @kuero21 be like nah. Good luck bruh. We over here will keep moving on to bigger and better thing lmao.

I do not understand what you are trying to say
    I can now see how you just don't get it and any further responses will be null. I'll leave you to your method.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    edited April 2016
    zman81420 said:

I can now see how you just don't get it and any further responses will be null. I'll leave you to your method.

Your methods seem null to me, though I'm not calling any of your posts or guides stupid or act as if they were inferior. I simply stated my opinion and methods and I get called out. You methods aren't any better just because you think they are.
    I tried to have a valid discussion, though your responses do not seem to be very constructive.
    So yes you are right, any ruther responses will be null.
  • smellycat2012smellycat2012 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    kuero21 said:

And that's the point, you only make ad when a double rad event is going on and still a few days/ weeks after as long as your resources are lasting. You refine until you are out of rough ad. Then you wait for the next double rad event which is most likely several weeks to months later and you won't get too much ad in the mean time. This strategy looks like a creepy diet. You are refusing to eat anything until supermarkets bring out a huge sale and food can be obtained very cheap to get the most bang out of your bucks, though you are literally starving to death in between.
    If you want to play this way, sure. I couldn't care less. I won't do the same, though.

If you have extra character slots, and those are not actively played, why would you not take advantage of 2x AD by storing items for future salvage? Unless you need to salvage now, all you're doing is giving up some extra AD in the future. Especially if you have VIP 7, you get an extra 10% for salvage.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Lol this guide would be good if there was like 89 hours in a day and we didn't need any sleeping or didn't have to work during that time !!

How the hell are you able to do all your dailies, run multiple dungeons, fill out a runic bag of salvaging a day and fill out 7 alts like that?? LOL Oh wait ... i know... your character probably is at 4K and does not even need the items now lol

I mean, i apreciate your effort for this guide, but most people know about this. For exemple just running the items needed to make keys (like the arcade keys for lostmauth and such) is time consuming. Valindra ain't run that much, at least not among the people i know, altough i do agree making keys seem a bit faster (getting the items required) but still its like 1 key a day anyway that you can make per character.

Then i don't always run everyday, i don't always have people for that. And the squirmishes like throne and prophecy get very old very fast even tough they give good items. And to open the chest at the end this mean running DHE wich is also tedious very fast...

Obviously i always try to fill my bags before salvaging anything before a 2XAD, salvaging only when absolutely everything is full, but even there, i concure with kuero on one thing, at some point you will have refined everything, and if you wait to fill your bags and wait for next 2xad, you will starve yourself of AD for a little while. I guess it comes down to personal preference. On one hand no income for a while is depressing, on the other everytime you salvage you know that you are missing on so much diamonds...

Guess the choice is yours.

In a perfect world, everybody would have always teamates to run stuff non stop and never get tired of it and see the salvaging acumulating and everything. But in reality on a 150 person guild, there ain't always 40 people connected, and some are already grouped, at times you can't run, or there simply not the right classes to do so (pally/cleric etc) , PUGs are ... well.. pugs. If you ain't a 3K GWF for DPS they may boot you right away on seeing your item level, and the random queue system is horrible... most of the time you won't even be able to finish the dungeon.

I usually make 2 million RAD by 2XAD when there spaced properly like the last 2. It ain't bad, but its a small sum in all you need in NW lol
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Nice guide! Thank you for sharing.

@Destro - not everyone is going to do all that the Lt has suggested, but it's all helpful advice. I do a lot of solo runs and you can pick up some nice refining by doing Heroics in DR, IWD, and WoD - just get in a good instance and join a group. Sharandar gives good RP and can easily be done by yourself. So, I say just mix and match what works for you.
  • robmatty#5514 robmatty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thank you for taking the time to write a great guide :)
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    @shazza53

Yeah that is true, i just wish tough that dungeoning was a bit more optimal. as in the queue system would be working properly, so if i want to run 10 lostmauth and 5 valindra back to back, i could...

Maybe an alternate option would be good, like something in between baby dungeons and epic ones, wich you would get a chest at the end (still requiring an epic keys) with 1 piece of salvageable in it. Or it could be just refinements with a small chance (like the chances of a horn in lostmauth) at something of decent value.

I dunno, its just i feel its weird that my GWF can squash trough dread ring/sharandar etc like its easy stuff, but once i go in a dungeon i barely see the life bar of ennemies move... :/
  • gent1egamergent1egamer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Since this is a post about refining tips and such. Can tell me whats the best way to get a artifact to mythic?
    edited April 2016

Since this is a post about refining tips and such. Can tell me whats the best way to get a artifact to mythic?

Simply get lets say 3 feeders and rank one feeder to maxed rare and throw in into the other feeder to epic and repeat then throw the high ranking(most likely near or legendary by now) feeder into the artifact you want. :3 Saves you about 3 more artifacts than it normally would take. Ill explain this a littlemore clearly if need be. ^.^
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    TY @itsmithneko! You did a nice guide for those that may not be aware of some of the methods that many of us have used since launch. Those that care to improve their AD wealth to buy those mounts in anticipation of Mod 9 stables should take notes.

...for those that dont, what are you gonna do.
    Talking of Mounts in preparation :)

I bought a Purple Owlbear and Re-purchased my Heavy Mystic Knightmare with my savings, I just need to save up for the Newest Pack for the Unicorn and I will be set (already use a Snail).
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe

I don't even know.
    I can't even buy mounts because I don't have AD and can't earn it in a reasonable time,
    and I can't buy Zen because my account is bugged.

People will just go into PVP with legendary mounts everywhere, just making the game even harder for me.
    I hope they make it so premades can only go against premades, and premades must have 5 characters.
    Right now I keep losing to everything because of premades.

Because you refuse to reach 70 so you won't make much ad... :p
  • msmagicstachemsmagicstache Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    :3
    ~Syndra Aldaviel~Lvl 70 Devoted Cleric~LGPG~Neko n' Syn~
    Might take me a bit to update it any further, keeps saying it needs to be approved. :3 Sorry if it takes long...
  • smellycat2012smellycat2012 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Follow this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3n86cl/xboxhow_to_refining_mythic_artifacts/

1st post after the main post has a link to a spreadsheet image which illustrates the process.

The only artifacts which can be refined this way are for the four slots in the center of the character sheet. Sigil artifacts (from Vault of the Nine quest) can be refined using the same method, but Sigils cannot be used as a feeder for another artifact.
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki

Follow this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3n86cl/xboxhow_to_refining_mythic_artifacts/

!st post after the main post has a link to a spreadsheet image which illustrates the process.
    Litterally tryed adding that under the guide like 3 hours ago before I ran into the approval problem lol

I don't even know.
    I can't even buy mounts because I don't have AD and can't earn it in a reasonable time,
    and I can't buy Zen because my account is bugged.

People will just go into PVP with legendary mounts everywhere, just making the game even harder for me.
    I hope they make it so premades can only go against premades, and premades must have 5 characters.
    Right now I keep losing to everything because of premades.

Because you refuse to reach 70 so you won't make much ad... :p
    :smile:
    I was thinking I wouldn't make AD in a reasonable time because even if I refined the max limit everyday,
    it'd still take long to get an epic mount.

I got lucky with a 1% refinement chance and Im selling the feytouched much cheaper than anything else but it just isn't selling.
    My negation one sold in 2 min.
    Due to the lack of use of the feytouched, it won't sell as quickly as a soulforged or Negation
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    This is a nice guide, thanks for taking the time to write it up. I am unsure why people seem cranky about getting advice but whatever. For last double AD I saved up about 4 runic bags worth of gear in casual play (about 2 hours a day) while salvaging some items and saving some items over a few weeks. The salvage of the saved gear created a back log of well over 1.5 million diamonds across two toons (going to spread it out a bit more next time). The point is, once you start with this strategy, you will have 36K to refine every day and it will last a few weeks until the next double AD event so you don't have to run dailies for diamonds if you don't always have the time (I know I don't).
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kuero21 said:

I have been doing this for months and I'm never starving. I'm not as rich as some but I always have about 1.5 to 2.5 million. I can afford whatever within reason. I spend and I craft and sell to keep a steady influx going but I don't go crazy with the spending. I have goals for my toons and I tend to stick with it.. I used to blow a lot on lockboxes but they're just too expensive to justify anymore other than daily keys and 40% off keys.

although BEFORE I started saving everything across all my alts for 2x I WAS poor. never had more than a 300k if I was flush often less than 20k
    edited April 2016

Don't bring back that argument again.

As Sloth said @thefiresidecat, please :3 If you wish to bring that up why not make a separate post meant for 2x AD controversy?
    Thinking about doing a more in depth guide on refinement farming area's and how much it will cost to upgrade all enchantments each rank, with salvage amounts needed for each as well. How does that sound? :3
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Could you explain the math behind refining mythic artifacts?

Based on the table mentioned in the guide, a 59 artifact is worth 123,920 RP; feeding two of these into a blank artifact during 2X RP would give the blank 495,680 RP, making it 67, not 91-94.

What the hell am I missing???