test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD and Refinement Guide (WiP )

2»

Comments

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Nice Guide. Well presented. I wouldn't personally have time to fill 8 alts bags. I've got 4 alts and I'll probably manage to get their banks and bags full for the next double AD but I haven't salvaged since the last Double AD.

Another way to store salvage is use Active Companions on your Main and Alts. You've got 4 on your main and 5 on your Alts that typically have a Belt, Neck or Ring slot that you can put salvageable gear in. It may be BoE but if it's going to be salvaged on that character then it doesn't matter. If you don't have 5 companions you can buy the cheap ones for 2 gold.

One thing I would add, although it is sort of covered in your Guide is to GET VIP. Even Rank 1. It pays for itself with the free daily key. Plus you get discounts on Trade House (no posting fees), Wondrous Bazaar (Scales with VIP level), no injury kits after VIP level 7 plus lots of other benefits.

You never know, you might get a lucky lockbox drop ;)

Oh and just to add to the Refinement. Use the vouchers you get from your invoking to buy your Pres and Coal Wards. If you get 15% off a Refinement item then buy a pack of Pres Wards from the Zen Store. You're going to need a LOT of Pres Wards and some Coalescents so you might as well buy them for 15%. Sometimes they have Zen sales on these but they didn't last Double RP.....

And if you really want to gamble and buy keys, try waiting for a 15% off any item voucher and buy 10-20 keys. I always buy a key with a 40% off an Enchanted Key voucher. It's like doubling down on 11.

The more alts you have, the more vouchers you get. And @ltsmithneko makes a good case for having a few alts already.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Could you explain the math behind refining mythic artifacts?

Based on the table mentioned in the guide, a 59 artifact is worth 123,920 RP; feeding two of these into a blank artifact during 2X RP would give the blank 495,680 RP, making it 67, not 91-94.

What the hell am I missing???

You are missing the natural multiplier.

Feeding an artifact into another artifact of the same type (power, stability, union) has a built in multiplier. Makes the total around 6X during double RP if I remember correctly.

Similar to feeding a Dark enchant into a Dark enchant. There is a natural 2X multiplier bonus and double RP makes it 4X.
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Good job covering the basics of the behind the scenes leveling process for the greenhorns. Hopefully i want have to spend so much time explaining all that stuff anymoe. Now the newcomers can understand why we use the word grinding and farming so often together. Aswell, as why I've nicknamed the game Neverender. There is more to the pic than described here but forming your own niche is the real key to the game. Not stepping on to many toes and making enemy's is one of the harder parts when using the AH. Good luck green horns. It should have gotten much easier after reading all this.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

Thinking about doing a more in depth guide on refinement farming area's and how much it will cost to upgrade all enchantments each rank, with salvage amounts needed for each as well. How does that sound? :3

That sounds good, I use some of the information from the wiki to calculate things but I don't plan too far in advance usually. I guess it depends on how full my bags are. It would be nice to explain, if you can, what can crit and what will not. I thought my green resonance stones had a chance to crit but they didn't so maybe that was not correct. And if you have not already mentioned it, the leadership tasks above rank 21 to make your own bags of stones....
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Feeding an artifact into another artifact of the same type (power, stability, union) has a built in multiplier. Makes the total around 6X during double RP if I remember correctly.

Similar to feeding a Dark enchant into a Dark enchant. There is a natural 2X multiplier bonus and double RP makes it 4X.

Ohhh! So that's what I was missing. Thanks for much for clarifying!
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Thinking about doing a more in depth guide on refinement farming area's and how much it will cost to upgrade all enchantments each rank, with salvage amounts needed for each as well. How does that sound? :3

That sounds good, I use some of the information from the wiki to calculate things but I don't plan too far in advance usually. I guess it depends on how full my bags are. It would be nice to explain, if you can, what can crit and what will not. I thought my green resonance stones had a chance to crit but they didn't so maybe that was not correct. And if you have not already mentioned it, the leadership tasks above rank 21 to make your own bags of stones....
    Ill add that in, in a later date, as of now I don't have leadership rank up to that I think it's 16 right now. I have Weaponsmithing, Jewlecrafting, mailsmithing, platesmithing at 25 and working on leatherworking as of now then maybe ill work of Leadership again, but I saw something in the patch notes changing something about leadership ad rewards for some, again. Eh ill read em over when I have time. :3 I remember to add your name when I do. <3
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Could you explain the math behind refining mythic artifacts?

Based on the table mentioned in the guide, a 59 artifact is worth 123,920 RP; feeding two of these into a blank artifact during 2X RP would give the blank 495,680 RP, making it 67, not 91-94.

What the hell am I missing???

It is actually 10X, the raw multiplier for same into same is 5x and during double refinement you also get x2. So the level 59 artifact gives 1,239,200 rp making it around 91-94 depending if it crits. If you end up with two 91's, I recommend you add some RP into one of them (or both) before going to the target, because you could fall short and as short as level 133, the remaining refinement could be up to 1 million points on the back end which is only 100K up front :) ...
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies