test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The loss of Lostmauths OP set bonus

Comments

• Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User

What this is is a ripoff to the consumer .first they make something desirable to sell it to us at a high price then they make it obsolete. Probably has a bit to do with pvp guilds whining again. After spending lots of cash to refine the set I would think taking something away from it would deserve to us the consumers a refund of our hard earned cash. Its like selling you a new car and then coming over and taking away the tires and replacing them with cheap knockoff that wear out after half the mileage.No one would be praising this nerf if it took money out of their pockets. The whole idea of maxing a set is to get the most out of it . Saying expecting a nerf after spending money is a good thing makes you a guy who went full HAMSTER .Never go full HAMSTER . How about they give us a few million AD back that we spent of refining this stuff because we could have left it unrefined and got the same so called balance?

(Ex-)PvE player here. You are wrong, entirely!
    You had your fun using a cheesy overpowered set. It's over now and everyone and their mother knew it would come. Heck we said it two years (or so ) ago, when the set came out. We thought they would have fixed this stupid bug month ago. They didn't, but what else do you expect from devs not knowing what they are doing...
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    U nailed it haha, the lyric was hilarious man, I could even sing to the beat :)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    I never used Lostmauth. So, I don't care.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    narjima said:

It was clear from the beginning that the set was way stronger then intended. Everyone that used it should have kept that in mind and should have known that the nerf would come sooner or later. We all took the risk and used the set anyway, so now there is no need to complain if it finally gets fixed!

OMG!!! A smart reasonable person on the forums! :D
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    ciap3kciap3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    lol, am I the only one who found this video hilarious?

and about the elol set. I'm not saying they aren't overnerfing it (cuz someone on preview checked and confirmed the set was ineffective vs a boss, meaning did 0 dmg against the boss) but it was overpowered compared to the other artefacts. was long due a nerf...

the game is progressing and items, artefacts are changing, there will be new sets. and u can use ur current artefacts to refine new ones, hopefully more powerful ones. you only need to be willing to work for it which means u have to play the game obviously...
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    narjima said:

It was clear from the beginning that the set was way stronger then intended. Everyone that used it should have kept that in mind and should have known that the nerf would come sooner or later. We all took the risk and used the set anyway, so now there is no need to complain if it finally gets fixed!

It is a little sad on a number of levels. They left a viciously overpowered asset in the game and somehow it is YOUR fault for liking it. It just so happened that you could invest in it and the game could still rake in a bit of your time and cash. And now that they have that investment and you can't get it back, time to level the playing field and somehow it is still YOUR fault.

I am not really assigning blame as much as ceding that this is emblematic of the game. Ceveat Emptor because the game will absolutely cash in on your nature and then leave you out in the cold and when it does it will be all your fault.

Welcome to Neverwinter
  • Options
    kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    @rescorlian a very nice tribute to Lostmouth there :)
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2016

What this is is a ripoff to the consumer .first they make something desirable to sell it to us at a high price then they make it obsolete. Probably has a bit to do with pvp guilds whining again. After spending lots of cash to refine the set I would think taking something away from it would deserve to us the consumers a refund of our hard earned cash. Its like selling you a new car and then coming over and taking away the tires and replacing them with cheap knockoff that wear out after half the mileage.No one would be praising this nerf if it took money out of their pockets. The whole idea of maxing a set is to get the most out of it . Saying expecting a nerf after spending money is a good thing makes you a guy who went full HAMSTER .Never go full HAMSTER . How about they give us a few million AD back that we spent of refining this stuff because we could have left it unrefined and got the same so called balance?

narjima said:

It is a little sad on a number of levels. They left a viciously overpowered asset in the game and somehow it is YOUR fault for liking it. It just so happened that you could invest in it and the game could still rake in a bit of your time and cash. And now that they have that investment and you can't get it back, time to level the playing field and somehow it is still YOUR fault.

I am not really assigning blame as much as ceding that this is emblematic of the game. Ceveat Emptor because the game will absolutely cash in on your nature and then leave you out in the cold and when it does it will be all your fault.

Welcome to Neverwinter

And this is a good life lesson.. don't whine when you reap the rewards for exploiting a whole in a system. I have like 5 toons with the lostie set to epic/legendary. I knew (hoped) it would get nerfed. I'm thankful i got to use it for as long as I did. I see it as I'm only losing something I probably never should have had in the first place. AND I'm actually excited that the other classes will be more useful in game... CW and TR in particular. GWF (the one that most benefited from Lostie had ALWAYS been a boring class for me. Good thing that my other dpsers will be more viable alternatives now. :D.

RIP OP and GWF dominance. Long live class diversity :D.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Thank you for all the kind words ^^ I had fun making it and hoped I might make a few fellow players smile with me. I'd like to add some words to thought pool we have going here.

Spoiled - Those of us that have had this since very close to it's release date are, I believe, epicly spoiled by the result it produces. How dare you take my favourite toy from me, you monsters! No matter what, the refining was going to go to some artifact belt, neck, and artifact slot. The Loastmauth set will still be top DPS set bonus for PvE I believe, however it did render every other set pretty much useless if you wanted to produce damage. Diversity is a good thing. You can still refine them into whatever new artifact pieces you use, at any time. This set, was out of control, it's being reigned in. Getting angry about it is only hurting yourself as a player.

Entitled - This is a free game to play for any and all, and yet many feel that if they spend money of any kind they're entitled to the moon and all the space in between. Entitled also, to spew their opinion every where seemingly with little critical thought or forward thinking to it. As long as this set performs the way it does, only way anything become viable next to it is to perform equally or out perform. We get another long list of challenges with that. This is a small change that will have great impact. It opens up new possibilities.

Frustrated - Yes, I too share the frustration with the bait and switch that seems to have formed with this game. Look at the mount bonuses for the first couple days of mod 9 release. 200k+ power was SUPER FUN to play with. Anyone who didn't see that fix coming was VERY foolish. I happened to have two mounts that gave them to me, did I dump a bunch of AD into getting the insignias. YOU BET!! I had been saving up AD for a month before the release. And I'll tell ya, for that 600k I dropped to get those two bonuses I had a great deal of fun. They got nerfed, and we were left nice little boosts in the wake. Here to is the same, the set hasn't been working properly since day one, only difference is we got to play with it for much longer before it was reigned in. How dare you take my favourite toy YOU MONSTERS!! Learn to expect the bait and switch, get over it.

Whining - I see stupid people, they don't know they're stupid xD Everyone likes to believe they're not the stupid person, and yet everyone says they hate stupid people. Interesting.... Don't want to call anyone stupid, very rarely actually achieves anything. However it seems like whining and not thinking go hand and in hand, often. I do wish that whoever the devs have been listening to, would stop. My favourite example, when was PvP the best? Before they started paying attention to what the PvP players were WHINING FOR. It seems FINALLY to be acknowledged that tenacity might not have been the greatest idea. Perfect example of the devs giving into the whining, giving the players what they wanted. Didn't turn out real well, did it? PvE counters this by WHINING that the dungeons were to long, didn't turn out that well, did it? Learn your lesson, quit whining. There are many members in this community who provide excellent sources of info. I think most don't realise, they aren't one of these people. Maybe preview your post and ask yourself, am I whining?

Finally after my wall of text tl;dr I will finalize by saying this simply. We got F@#$ed with mod 6. I agree with this whole heartedly. Whining led to a super nerf that removed fun and challenge from the game. We've become spoiled and entittled and the consequences for it will be stunted, stopped growth of the game. WIll players blame themselves? No, they'll insult the intelligence of the devs. They are right to ignore us most of the time, just like parents are right to ignore their kids when they want ice cream for supper and gummy bears for breakfast. Do some of the changes they make frustrate me? OH YES!! But hey, they're trying to please everyone, including THEIR pay masters. The changes coming are good, and may be slow going, I'd prefer small changes made incremental on a gradient as opposed to mod 6 action and reactions occurring. Learn the lesson.
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I'll sum my thoughts up with a life motto......"nerfs happens, adapt or die"
  • Options
    raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    Great video, my CW will adapt and move on.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Not only the nerf was needed, but for crit based dpsers, it will still be an excellent choice (if you compare it to all other sets).
    How many other sets can you say that will be clearly better (for crit based dpsers of course) than Lostmouth set after the change? Orcus' set? Well, that would make sense, since it comes from T2 content, not T1 like Lostmouth, but somehow I have my doubts that it will be truly much much better than Lostmouth and more likely it will be a marginal upgrade.
  • Options
    tieashame#1782 tieashame Member Posts: 21 Arc User

How Bonk feels reading the change to Lostmauths set :'(

https://youtu.be/DuKQVIbX_nk

To be serious, I do think this is a good fix. It will effect so much, with such a small change, I hope, think, it will improve the feel of the game for all of us. So yes, it's jokes with a tiny hint of truth xD

<3 Bonk</p>

*bows her head with hands held high*
    Let it be known on this day, 7th of April in the year of 2016, Lostmauths Vengeance will be forever remembered.
    I applaud you with the highest of all clapping sounds in the lands! Totally love this video, brings a smile to this sad day.
  • Options
    allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User

How Bonk feels reading the change to Lostmauths set :'(

https://youtu.be/DuKQVIbX_nk

To be serious, I do think this is a good fix. It will effect so much, with such a small change, I hope, think, it will improve the feel of the game for all of us. So yes, it's jokes with a tiny hint of truth xD

<3 Bonk</p>

*tears of laughter and sadness" brilliant video...rip Lostmauths Set
  • Options
    bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

Welcome to Neverwinter

^^^ So this...

While I have no problem with the nerf itself, I have a big problem with Cryptic's business practices. Make no mistake about it, this nerf is designed to maximize THEIR PROFITS and nothing else. They want to prove to their player base that this is truly about "balance"? Then offer a flat RP transfer from LM to another set. That would speak volumes about their TRUE INTENT.

As far as the you all knew it was coming eventually mentality, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. There isn't a single person out there that can honsetly say that in any other thing that would fly in your eyes.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

Not only the nerf was needed, but for crit based dpsers, it will still be an excellent choice (if you compare it to all other sets).
    How many other sets can you say that will be clearly better (for crit based dpsers of course) than Lostmouth set after the change? Orcus' set? Well, that would make sense, since it comes from T2 content, not T1 like Lostmouth, but somehow I have my doubts that it will be truly much much better than Lostmouth and more likely it will be a marginal upgrade.

lolset procs for <2k (capped) in my case on preview, overall damage is about 3-5% on my warlock and same on GWF, but for dex/str focussed striker it will be best i guess.
    I would say Black-Ice-Belt 2con/2char, or a greater belt of con +4 con=4% damagebonus will perform similar or better on my warlock, c´est la vie
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    1. this is not the first time. Whatever you invested, it will be obsolete. Just soon or later. At least, this time, it is not outright obsolete.
    2. the "nerf" is back to what the text of the description of the set indicated all along.
    3. Almost everyone knew it is coming. Just soon or later. It is either be replaced or be nerfed. Although I have 3 sets of this, I did not pay for an arm or a leg to get them. I only bought them for the price I wanted one by one with the expectation it could be nerfed next month. I did not spend millions to get them. Or, millions to feed them.
    4. I did not dump what I had before.
    5. I will not dump this either.
    6. This does not mean I like it but it does not bother me that much although my characters will be weaker than now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    oldguy25oldguy25 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I got this set because I was told I needed one I did not know there was something wrong with it, I did not know of any possible future nerf. I bought zen converted it to AD and got the set and upped it. I've seen tricks like this used in other games to get you to spend more money and those games are now dead, people are not stupid they know when they are getting played. If you ruin this set I paid real money for I want a refund, until then you will not get one single cent from me.

Sincerely, One of the people who pay to keep this game going for everyone.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    oldguy25 said:

I got this set because I was told I needed one I did not know there was something wrong with it, I did not know of any possible future nerf. I bought zen converted it to AD and got the set and upped it. I've seen tricks like this used in other games to get you to spend more money and those games are now dead, people are not stupid they know when they are getting played. If you ruin this set I paid real money for I want a refund, until then you will not get one single cent from me.

Sincerely, One of the people who pay to keep this game going for everyone.

Good luck to find the one who told you that and the one who sold you that. Both of them were not Cryptic though.
    The only statement Cryptic "advertises" this set is "Do an additional hit for Weapon damage on a Critical hit".
    That is what it supposes to do.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    For everyone that say it is a "nerf": It is not.
    It is a FIX. Why? The damage scales with the buffs applied to it and other artifact set bonuses that deals an extra amount of damage doesn't do it.
    In fact it happens pretty often in Neverwinter that some damage abilities that shouldn't interact with buffs do it until a fix later on.
    In case of the Lostmauth Set the fix took a while.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    "It was clear from the beginning that the set was way stronger then intended. "

No, because if that were true it would have quickly come out in testing it. A full minute into testing on a character that isn't even fully optimized, just given the logical choice of high crit shows off exactly how it works. This came out and remained over several mods just as it was intended. Unless they just roll the stats and throw it on a completely un levelled character, they would have to have known exactly how powerful it was and is.

Now that they want to cash in and get people to buy the next set of gear, they just happen to want to go back and revise the current top set.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Amen brother
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!