Install Arc

Maze Engine Preview Patch Notes NW.60.20160404a.2

2»

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

terramak said:

Items and Economy

Shadowclad
    • Now properly resets stacks when you successfully Deflect an attack.
    • Each time you gain a stack it now refreshes the duration of the entire stack.
    • The Stealth provided by rank 12 now properly respects its 30 second cooldown.
    1. yes
    2. yee
    3. oh yes
    4. 10% of deflection per stack - in real ~7.97-21.95% per stack
    5. 4% of damage resistance per stack - in real 0% per stack

YOU ARE THE BEST @terramak !!!
    Nice fix. Now fix please your fix.
    when enchants give % in the case of the dr you cant see it on character sheet. the deflect add 10% to rating and not to %.
  • fadros1864fadros1864 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

terramak said:

Items and Economy

Shadowclad
    1. yes
    2. yee
    3. oh yes

when enchants give % in the case of the dr you cant see it on character sheet. the deflect add 10% to rating and not to %.
    look in your stats before something write here Pro.
  • nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Im hoping this isnt going live before the Mote grind gets a re-look, otherwise will be the hardest weapon set to get yet

Ideas for a improved system to get those sets:

-Make it a task like Tyranny of Dragons did. Which currency will be used? Elemental Aggregates or Unified Elements
    Or
    -Like @silvergryph said make the Motes requirement around 250 but let the minor encounters drop the motes.

edited April 2016
    one good thing stayed on paladin to tank bosses the temporary hp dont touch it please. tanked without problems with my alt op orcus without bubble. ( ofcourse good timing on blocking to be clear). i didnt use binding oath that power is suicide instead circle of power and bane are incredible + templar wrath + shielding strike. the time i dont block i do 3 hit with oath strike to keep aggro on me and use also the tab when need.
  • blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    terramak wrote: »
    Shadowclad
    Now properly resets stacks when you successfully Deflect an attack.
    Each time you gain a stack it now refreshes the duration of the entire stack.
    The Stealth provided by rank 12 now properly respects its 30 second cooldown.

I am really glad for the fix, since now you will not be impaled by pitchforks when slotting a Shadowclad, however this also made sure that nobody is ever gonna slot Shadowclad.
    Let us assume you have 10% Deflect from a 4000 Deflect Rating each stack grants 400 Deflect which is 1%.
    The odds to reach 8 stacks is about 31%.
    At 20% Deflect chance from 8000 Deflect Rating each stack grants 800 Deflect which is 2%.
    The odds to reach 8 stacks is about 8%.

Now of course ingame it is more complicated so I just take the stats from my GWF for example I have over 7k Deflect Rating on a build tailored to use Deflect. This is 1,75% per stack. My base deflect is around 40%.
    My chance to reach 8 stacks is 0,7% roughly.

I love the idea of a deflect enchantment, we never had much synergistics with the stat before and it is nice to see something away from "Damage Resistance" here and "Damage Resistance" there.
    However, Shadowclad is like shotting yourself in the foot and signing up for a marathon.
    I literally counters itself.

When stacks only expired upon triggering the secondary (deflect on 8 stacks) the enchantment was working fine. Maybe too strong, we don't know, because of the bug on the cooldown perceptions of the power level that Shadowclad brings in were skewed. Maybe the stacks should expire faster and again only drop on 8 stacks; maybe increasing the cooldown on the stealth and daze effect is resonable to put in the previous stacking method. After all I am not a Dev, I am a player giving feedback.

I think if this patch goes through the way it does, Shadowclad is just another passed up opportunity. Barkshield, Bloodtheft, Fireburst, Frostburn and Thunderhead will all welcome their new brother in the league of unused and underpowered armor enchants.
    If they aren't underpowered then Soulforged, Negation and Elven Battle must be overpowered, because hardly anybody has something different from that.
    While it is hard to come up with good enchantment concepts and then finding balanced numbers and the like. Shadowclad is an excellent idea. With sick artwork btw and I am sure nobody wants to make new content and then see it not being used at all. It would be a sad story if Shadowclad would have been used for a bug and then sank into nothigness.​​

terramak said:

Items and Economy

Shadowclad
    1. yes
    2. yee
    3. oh yes

look in your stats before something write here Pro.
    yes atm i have 2041 deflect when it reaches 8th stack is 3673 that is +80%. you want and screenshot i can make it no problem . and the monster for each stack start to deal lesser and lesser and lesser damage on me until i deflect and go stealth. MANY % Tooltips are not visible like vorpal and dread severity. check your combat log thanks.
  • damnatus55damnatus55 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

question to the moderators . why you poudalyat all the negative reviews on the subject of the Russian-speaking community?

the paladin class die as a class
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

question to the moderators . why you poudalyat all the negative reviews on the subject of the Russian-speaking community?

the paladin class die as a class

Not because of the opinions expressed, but because it is an English-language forum. Internet translators are far from perfect, but most of us do our best to understand and clarify anything that comes out grammatically weird. (Esp. if the person says they had to use a translator.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    "Shadowclad:The Stealth provided by rank 12 now properly respects cooldown."
    @terramak Reduced the cooldown to every 20sec to make compatible against neg/fey combo and to stay suitable as an alternative armor enchantment. (30 is way too long)
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    @terramak

In my opinion the Daily of OP Divine Protector could be on this way. I think it's the best change to balance the pve and pvp content.

a) Reduction 50% of damage and Duration 10 secs
    b) Can choose one or two allies only to protect and this targets marked redirect 80% of the damage to yourself
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Sanctuary needs to be fixed before you nerf heroism. Sanctuary does not protect against AP drain. It also repeatedly fails to activate when in combat and puts the paladin into a guardian fighter pose and does nothing for the paladin. I suggest instead of nerfing heroism for now add a long cooldown to reactivate it. All the other changes I don't care about for OP. Heroism is just plain unfair. Fix sanctuary first.
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Massive class changes require new enchantments and artifacts, so it would be nice to add x2 RP weekend at least. A lot of OPs and DCs will be forced to change their builds after the nerf or just delete their paladins
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Sanctuary can be a little slow to respond sometimes (so can GF block), but it does provide the advertised control immunity, healing, and damage resistance when it is up. I'd really like it to provide protection from AP-drain as well though. Powries are %&^*$ers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User

Sanctuary can be a little slow to respond sometimes (so can GF block), but it does provide the advertised control immunity, healing, and damage resistance when it is up. I'd really like it to provide protection from AP-drain as well though. Powries are %&^*$ers.

It also fails to protect them from a few special attacks from dragons as well which I suspect carries the same mistaken code change. One ability that comes to mind is the Biggryn lifedrain attack that shows up alot with many giant like bosses. You get protected by the yank but take the damage and in BT's case he still gets the lifedrain while a GF gets to giggle and laugh at being protected fully.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    So no fix on the orcus set? Or are they still playing hush hush?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Orcus set's confirmed to be fixed in the latest patch notes! yayyyyy!!! :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • miseryanklastmiseryanklast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    terramak said:

Scourge Warlock
    Harrowstorm: This power is no longer capable of proccing Lostmauth's Vengeance on every tick. It still can proc Lostmauth's Vengeance on the initial hit.
    Harrowstorm: Now hits all targets on the first tick, instead of just the main target.

Much change, much wow.
    It's been one year, thought it would be a new class for me to play but it appears GF is ever weakest class in game per se. Back to GW2.
This discussion has been closed.