test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160307a.14

Comments

• xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Well, so much for doing anything in the game today at all, since I have to work in an hour. Thanks, Cryptic. (Was hoping to get my dragon dailies done, at the very least. Oh well.)
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I think the next twitch section should be a Q&A with the release manager and the scrum master for these releases. Which be interesting to see the planning and control measures leveraged.

BTW can we fix the IWD vouchers not being deposit-able to the coffer soon? I'm tired of carrying these things around.
  • darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    Still no insignia bonus for the Panther & Moonbear mounts from the lockbox?
    Guild Leader- Fair Dinkum 2.0

• zaksevenzakseven Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Same every maintenance, over promised and under delivered. And when I attempted to log the patcher is stuck on some file that is apparently locked? dbghelp.dll. I restarted PC and it still stuck there. I checked the file and there's no permission or read-only issue. Not a good sign or perhaps that is why there's an extension?

UPD: Alright the file could not be deleted because, get this, the client is using it. So when the patcher is not running I can move/delete/rename file but when it is then it says in use. So basically it seem the patcher is attempting to remove a file that it is using itself? Anyhow, in case someone else get this, I moved the file elsewhere as a safeguard and the client finished patching.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    blinxon said:

Sry....but who is resonsible for the priorities of bugs and the fixes? Is he/she only person and cant listen to the com?

Fixes don't get new players. New content generates new players. It would shock me if they had more than 2-3 people dedicated to working on bug fixes (probably just 1 guy to be honest). Just the way this stuff works.

If their priorities go beyond "What is the least resource intense list of fixes we can work on this week", I'd be surprised. I have a strong feeling that most of the original coders left, and the current ones are just doing the best they can basically modifying existing codes for new effects and such. After about Mod 6 to current, this would explain the limited amount of new stuff.
  • capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Not sure if this is for posting here but after the patch gameclient.exe is giving a virus alert on my antivirus. Strange.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    It's up, but it's going slower than molasses in some sort of super-science super-slow-mo field.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

It's up, but it's going slower than molasses in some sort of super-science super-slow-mo field.

I agree, couldnt even get menus to display, assume its just the loading due to surge of logins, so giving it a few to settle ...

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    zibadawa said:

These issues should be resolved now. Please tag my @handle if this is not the case and I'll let Andy know. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    HAMSTER seriously????? Still cant accept que for anything even after new patch, how long do we have to HAMSTER wait in order to play this game???
    sirrappro said:

HAMSTER seriously????? Still cant accept que for anything even after new patch, how long do we have to HAMSTER wait in order to play this game???

Confirmed for me too, all my char are still unable to queue for anything. The only good thing, if we can call it that, is I can now see that accepted is 2/3 and 4/5 and I am the one somehow not accepting because....well I DO NOT get pop-up or anything to accept. Then I just get queue banned for a few minutes, not that it matters since I can't go anywhere still.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

lirithiel said:

rayrdan said:

another week of invoking

Lies! I see you playing ;)
    shhh
    @rayrdan I definitely see you playing :p
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    @kreatyve massive problems atm. Reported on multiple threads.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • bearmcshearbearmcshear Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    sirrappro said:

Same for me. Queuing not possible for dungeons, events, skirmishes ... :'(
  • chains4509chains4509 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The queue still wont work It wont prompt me to press SHIFT + 1 to join and so I cant join any of the queues
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    For those still having issues with the Public queue not popping, @strumslinger posted a potential fix here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214430/unable-to-get-the-queue-window-to-pop
  • hedrackohedracko Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    sirrappro said:

So will this patch fix the fact that i cant que for anything publicly?

Nope, it's still the same. Okay, not exactly the same, but still I can't go anywhere with public queue because I can't accept... because I can see just X players have accepted, after 'Waiting for map' ...
  • vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

You turn the corner to find the patch notes for maintenance on 3/31.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9891203-patch-notes:-nw.60.20160307a.14

Stronghold PvP: This queue no longer shows up regardless of whether the player can join.

Nothing!!!!! Nothing fix..... Still is broken ...
    During queue... popup is looping again, again and again...
    You create new path-notes, but nothing fix....
    edited April 2016

with the new shader nerf for people with loser pc's I have no idea what you all did but playing the game now gives me a migraine headache.

Try Vsync on. I suffer from motion sickness if I see any artifact. My PC can run this game with < 20% usage on my GPU and not much on CPU either so Vsync still keep the game very smooth at 2560x1440.

However, the shader had zero impact on my crash frequency due to GPU stalling, it is mostly in Indoor instance (GS, DF, PF, MM etc) and Mantol where it occur the most and usually within 10 seconds of loading or worst at the boss fight. The other GPU get disconnected is at cutscene (ya and we can't skip most of them cought** PF ** cough) or even while loading screen is on to a map. So hardly any shader involved.

I own hundreds of game and this is the only one that cause this GPU stalling issue. Tested with many driver version, resolution, downclocking my GPU, VRAM, increase power, disable AA in-game and using force setting in GPU setting reduce it somehow but still happens. Usually at the most inappropriate time and since maze loading is much slower which = not return to instance or team finished boss = no credit and have to restart. Reported as bug several time with lots of details.

Note that if I switch to DX9 the issue goes away but then framerate become horrendous, large encounter very jerky even though the game is not pushing my hardware one bit, and cannot ALT-TAB or game freeze which is very inconvenient. So DX11 for speed with random crash is what I have to live with for playing Neverwinter.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    metalldjt said:

I have frame rate issues in protector enclave , manthol deroth and stronghold , in PVP and other maps/dungeons so far it's moving pretty well ... dont know the issue .

Some people are reporting a memory leak with the UI again. Can you try disabling your UI for a minute to see if that clears up your frame rate issues? If it does, let me know so I can forward the report. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lfusionnnnlfusionnnn Member Posts: 6 New User
    The Neverwinter launcher starts patching like normal until it reaches a percentage usually between 70% and 90% where the percentage freezes. It says for example, "Patched 22.5MB / 31 MB" and under that, steadily climbing, " Recieved 193.8MB - 72.2%". This is infuriating because you can see that it is receiving loads but it has stopped patching the game.
    Pls help if you guys have any tips?
This discussion has been closed.