test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Share Your Memories on Xbox One!

Comments

• jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    My best memory is hearing Neverwinter coming to Xbox One. I've played the game on PC since launch and it was about the only game I played on PC. All other games I play on consoles so now I could focus solely on playing on console.

I was a bit surprised as to how many of my friends also downloaded NW on launch March 31st. They had never played NW before and I'd told them it's one of the best RPG games I've played and it's even free.

I felt thrilled to finally open the game on X1 and creating my first Trickster Rogue. That was also my primary class on PC. I've been playing the game since launch and finally even got my girlfriend to play it!
  • wannanugget50#3527 wannanugget50 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I remember Leveling up After 70!!!! Amazing
  • manzanares#1902 manzanares Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Mi mejor recuerdo es el Día en que encontré éste gran juego gratis,lo descargue y lo jugaré hasta la muerte y lo dejare de herencia amis hijos. :D
  • fyremelonfyremelon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't have a particular favorite memory other than the handful of times I've looked up and noticed really nice scenery. I enjoy the art and detail of the game. :)
  • bbornsbborns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Castle never was the best
  • curt78curt78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Creating that first toon and thinking he was the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> until you got to level 60 and found out he was built like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lol. Awww the memories.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    stpensive said:

It's going to sound odd but NW helped me stay sober for (as of today) 463 days.

For anyone doing the math, I had started earlier but was struggling - not with not drinking itself per se`, rather, the idle time; something to have my newly active brain occupied with.

Not since WOW had I found a game that tickled my RPG \ MMO kid-like wonderment. NW did so (in spades) but also provided me something to focus on; something I needed to study and be sharp for. It was also an environment to meet like minded people that were not on bar stools. Some of the best people I have ever met have been over a microphone, often seas away, playing NW.

As for a NW memory - I suppose it's that I have them all; that my fondest moments of the game (and life) are not lost to the fog of habitual inebriation. For what it is worth, thanks for that...

P.S. For anyone wondering, yes, I now have a NW addiction ;)

AWESOME! Good for you, keep strong.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    My best memories was when my group used to run Castle Never, Spell plague and all the amazing mod 4/5 dugeons. We weren't bis at that time so the challenge was great. Team work and good synergy worked everytime. Getting them high end loot drops at the end and hoping it was either something of high value or something you could use.

Another great memory was when I pulled my first mount which was legendary. 2 weeks later pulling the same legendary mount again. I was only rocking a 50% mount to this point too so I was very happy.

Greatest memory is just running with my guild, clowning around in a 12 person party having fun. Taking on all challenges head on that has come to us. Knuckling down and really pulling together for our guild/coffer upgrades. Being a family when it comes down to it. ( deleted this part to keep this positive).

And I left out my greatest memories of all, opening 100 lock boxes and not getting anything of value, but then open 10 more and pull a high value item. I have a serious addiction to lock boxes. I would spend hours I'm enclave opening lock boxes and making ad to open more lol I know most would find the boring, but I thoroughly enjoy making ad and gambling on these dayum lock boxes ;)
    Post edited by xrawcarnage on
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I've been a Neverwinter player since April 2015. I have mostly wonderful memories. I couldn't possibly list them all here, but I'll go over the highlights.

A top achievement for me was the first time my group successfully downed Tiamat. The mod had just dropped, and we all had been working at it. Everyone was trying really, really hard and it was very difficult to get a win at first. When we killed it the first time, I let out a cheer! What a rush! It was a huge thrill!

Hitting level 60 back in the day was a great moment. I remember it felt like I had accomplished something big -- really big. Today hitting level 60 is no longer a huge accomplishment, but back when this was all so fresh and new, it was. I had never played an MMO before, and I was excited to finally experience end game content in this wild open world.

I remember buying my 110% armored bear to upgrade from the simple horse. My bear and I went jumping and gliding throughout the Forgotten Realms for at least an hour! I still love riding around on my armored bear. It's to date the best purchase I have ever made in the game.

All of the secret things you discover along the way add to my fondest memories. I wish we had more of this. I love the hidden walls and places in now-removed dungeons that were secret spots you had to know how to get to. I love the art, and I will often stand next to a wall just so I can swing the camera around to look at details on my character and on other people's characters. I'm so impressed with the art and design. As the developers go forward, I would love it if they added more hidden things. More secret passages. I'm thinking tunnels, hidden items and secret puzzles -- even a few that might take a while to be solved. I remember the first time going through that dungeon and crossing those bridges with the laughing skulls. Wow... it was just mind-blowing for me and was completely unexpected. I would encourage more surprises. More traps, mimics and bad things jumping out randomly from mundane places! These are the things that keep the game fun and fresh!

My best memories from playing the game recently involve the development of my current guild. Our guild started in late December after our last guild fell apart when the leaders took their main characters to well-geared guilds and left their alts in charge. A core group of the active players started over. We knew it would be a long road, but we've accomplished so much in a short time. Just this week, we have finished Guild Hall 6 and are ready to start Marketplace 3. Creating the guild was the fresh start we needed, and it let us build something with guiding principles we all believed in. We knew that we would be different, that we would emphasize fun. That we would treat all players with respect, keeping party chats open and encouraging everyone to participate. There would be no elite squads, and closed parties, unless official guild lead business was being conducted. Guild leads would play with anyone and offer assistance to those who needed it. What we have built is a guild of active players who support each other and enjoy donating on their own because they want to, not because they have to. We work at maintaining the harmony and balance in our guild. I'm proud of what we've done and it has maintained a sense of order and ease, along with quick and steady development.

The game hasn't been without hiccups, issues and concerns, but that doesn't overshadow all of the fantastic memories I've made over the year. I still look forward to playing the game every day. My guild keeps it interesting! Keep on working on this game, and can't wait to see what fun things are in store for us over the next year!

Bird
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    finally got my 2nd twisted weapon this week.
  • nikkix92nikkix92 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Entry one: The Winter festival was great fun. We grouped up and ran around having gift parties, we went to the zone as a guild event and competed against each other in all the competitions (Fishing, monster killing and the race). A great memory :smiley:
    Entry two: Joining my guild Raiders of Rothe Valley is a favourite memory. I had been playing solo for a long time, then suddenly I joined the guild and had people to talk to and to run in game content with, I have made many friends!
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2016

">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my new pet, skeletal dragon. : )
    just liked the framing of this one.
    Entry three: When my guild took down all 4 stronghold dragons. After trying before a few times following a strategy, we finally took all 4 down, great teamwork, it was a very big achievement to us all!
  • tinkerevol#6072 tinkerevol Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Joining my guild Hozenbros and learning stuff I probably would have never figured out alone.
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Entry number 2: memorable moment when I got my final piece of accursed diabolist set for my warlock. Considering the drop rate for all SW gear was non-existent, I was very happy to finally get it without buying it for 800k on the AH.

Downing Tiamat for the 1st time. Great teamwork with no one complaining and yelling at each other. Perfect call outs and good overall team play. Showed me that the community being all randoms towards each other could be friendly and work together nicely.
  • xenophi13xenophi13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    One of my fondest memories has to be my guild. Neverwinter is the first game to make me really feel like part of a community. I have been a part of clans and guilds in other games, but Neverwinter showed me how great a guild can really be. My guild is composed of great people who actually want to help and who do not look down their noses at other players. The Stronghold and in game guild chat creates such a wonderful atmosphere. It is great to have a home base to return to where you know everyone and can do quests and encounters together with just your guild mates. Running around and just saying hello to buddies as you go about your business is nice as well. The Stronghold really helps players get organized and run content together. Some games do not have a feature like the Stronghold and I think it helps Neverwinter a lot. I have enjoyed my time in Neverwinter, but long after servers are shut down I will always remember my time in the guild. That is something that can never be taken away from me and for that I am thankful!
  • xenophi13xenophi13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I have fond memories of some of the events, most notably the Jubilee, Masquerade, and the Summer and Winter Festivals. The Festivals in particular just make me comfortable. They are a time to sit back and relax for a bit and cool off. (in a water fight! My favorite PvP activity in Neverwinter) I am happy to just run around and enjoy the festivities and the atmosphere. These events truly capture the feeling of your local festival like no other game has ever done! The jaunty music, rewards and the simple, but fun, events themselves make these festivals a joy. The maps are also quite pretty with their gorgeous skyboxes. I am reminded by these events that we play games to have fun. I cannot put my finger on why these festivals make me so happy, but it is bittersweet to see them go once they are over. I look forward to another year of chicken chasing and slalom racing in Neverwinter!
  • pioy1pioy1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My best memories are no lifing this game for 3 days straight lol
  • dispicable25dispicable25 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    My most memorable experience in the game was discovering and then being brought into a guild (Prophets of Doom). Being a part of what I call a fellowship has been a wonderful experience. To date, it has been the best part of Neverwinter. My guild has proved to provide fellowship, valuable insights to the game, and has facilitated opportunities in adventuring across the game that can't bee beat. Thank you Neverwinter for developing a game that continues to provide ongoing adventures, character development, and good clean fun.
  • buckeye4200buckeye4200 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    the lag is my fondest memory along with server not responding, also my personal favorite boot n loot
  • wharfrat5wharfrat5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User

My third favorite memory in Neverwinter was when my guild leaders Arianna Moonstar and falken blackhand rushed me in three days and nights to level 70 which a large Amount people told me it was impossible and I wouldn't be able to achieve it but with the help of my guild leaders and people from my guild I proved them wrong and became level 70 in three days

3 days? Nice. I did it in one day, lol.
    Aria and me brought our pallys from 1 to 70 in just one day.
    It was during double XP. We bought the booster packs from zen market, used azur enchants, were VIP and used every possible XP gain we could. Then we rushed through the quests (me a healadin, her a tankadin) and skipped some maps, etc.
    It was on a saturday, no warm meals, no going out, just snacks and drinks and grinding it up. It was fun, but draining. I'd never do it again with another class.
  • aimeeisasimnutaimeeisasimnut Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I started playing Neverwinter about a month after its release on xbox one. I watched my fiance play because i had never played a mmo game before. He talked me into playing and i haven't looked back since. So my favorite memory is playing this game with my fiance, we even bought a second system so we could play at the same time. What is even better is this game has given us many new friends that we consider family. I helped form a guild because of the boot n loot problem, Forsaken Order which is now Forsaken Reborn. Through this guild many friendships have formed. Neverwinter has become a part of our daily life!
    My second fondest memory of the game would have to be the event masquerade of liars. My favorite holiday is Halloween so i looked forward to seeing what the game would offer and i wasn't disappointed. The enclave looked awesome! I had a lot of fun collecting all the items. Going around finding all the temporary masks and then getting all the permanent ones was really fun. My guild grouped up and made sure that we all found all of the temp masks. I did this for 3 characters. My cleric still wears the kitty ears that i made sure to keep for all of my characters! I can't wait for this event to come back because i have 2 more characters to collect with this year!
    My third memory involves a mount. At one point in the game my fiance had me look up all the mounts that would be available so he could decide what one he wanted to strive for. Little did i know that i would see one that i would want to wait months to become available. The list showed a unicorn mount and i got very excited! At first i wanted the white unicorn but then i saw the dusk unicorn. I saved up my ad and waited for it to become available. Finally during the winter fest it went on sale so i bought my zen and the unicorn was mine!
  • fearthefuture#5882 fearthefuture Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i remember the first day i invoked i didn't know what i was doing it was crazy then the next day i didn't know what was going on lol i kept trying and trying to invoke but couldn't because i had items in my overflow bag it was funny when i found and i also remember how long my grind was only to reach level 70 and have to grind some more never-winters a hard workers game for sure!
  • mux1#5909 mux1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    my 3rd and final memory has to b my doughter laughing at my rage drake when it roars its so cute she just loves it.. now i have to do it every time she is with me. i think we got our youngest fan NW she is only 3 months old and got me collecting mounts just so she can see daddy running around like an idiot lol she is worth it tho. i think my doughter grace would love to see her dad running round on a purpl owlbear mount ( hint hint lol ) i would mention another million good memories but we are only alowed 3 and i wouldnt want to crash the system lol THANKS FOR THE NEARLY 1 YEAR OF FUN AND LAUGHTER U HAVE GIVEN ME AND MY FAMILY NW its all bin happy memories and iam sure theres lots more to come. PEACE LOVE N RESPECT !!!

• mattyparrymattyparry Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Greatest memory for me was the time i hit 15k gear score before elemental evil camr out and me and my friends always used to run pirate king hoping for greater marks and because my friends thought i was so good i solo'd it for the very first time! Got a greater mark at the end too =D
  • sundance909sundance909 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The moment that stands out the most for me, clearer than any other, was the night we finally killed our first Stronghold Dragon.

We were such a small Guild at first, only 6 of us and barely geared, and no matter how hard we tried, success eluded us. For a time, whenever we recruited a new member, we would try our hand at slaying a Dragon, with similar results.

So we studied. Learned about each Dragon, about Empowereds and strategies to win. Sure, other Guilds were able to kill them on Day 1 and here we were Day 30, but it felt like the whole event was one big litmus test for us as a Guild. If we could succeed at just that first Dragon--just one--well... Then anything would be possible.

So one night around Christmas we rode out as a Guild to face Katatheo, the Red. When the Dragon crumpled to the floor we celebrated. Mounts jumped, people danced. A caravan of players rode back to the fountain to congratulate each other. We bought Strongbox keys for everyone, then crammed around the Mimic to donate our freshly earned vouchers.

We've since killed 2, then 3, and now we kill 4 without a second thought. And even though there are 130 of us now, I still think of us that night in December, clamoring with the joy you feel when you finally overcome some great obstacle. I am so proud of my Guild mates that words have no value here, only to say that everything we would ever be able to accomplish was made possible that one cold night, when we were made stronger by each other.
This discussion has been closed.