test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue System Update

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2016 in News & Announcements
Hello all.
First off, thank you all for your patience as we work though the issues of the queue system.
The update to the queue system was meant to give players more control over their queuing experience, and allow for large, pre-made groups to enjoy content (in this case, instances designed to require ten or more players). Most importantly, however, it was meant to be at least as stable as the old queue system, and we're now working to address issues with the new system architecture. And while our data indicates that the queue system is operational and that instances are firing off, we feel as if it could use some fixin' :)

Last week, the team identified and addressed some technical bugs and began rolling out critical fixes ([actual link] see patch notes for more information). Our goal in the coming days will be to comb through all of the reported issues and include fixes for them in the upcoming update.

Things we will be reviewing:
  • Frequency of the Demogorgon (Master) instance
  • Tiamat queuing window
  • Improving the flow of queuing -> getting into an instance
  • Addressing minimum team size to launch an instance
  • PvP dodger penalty
  • And more...

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to make improvements to the new queue system, and improve your experience in the process.

The Neverwinter Team

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

How about making the Tiamat queue window longer than 5 minutes? It can come down to the wire at times trying to get 25 people in five minutes and sometimes you can miss it.

Start grabbing people into a queue group before the timer even starts? I've started calling for Tiamat 15 mins before it's time in my guild to make sure I have everyone ready to go when it hits the top of the hour.
    Andy - can it be possible to look at how the queue group forms parties? At the moment it basically takes them in order in blocks of 5. It would be a nice feature for the Queue Group leader to be able to drag and drop, or move someone up and down the list, so the right party configs are present when we join the instance. :smile:
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Quality of life changes \o/
    Great job guys, these are the things I love to see!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

va8Ru.gif
  • sanpedrocactussanpedrocactus Member Posts: 67 Arc User

Hello all.
    First off, thank you all for your patience as we work though the issues of the queue system.
    The update to the queue system was meant to give players more control over their queuing experience, and allow for large, pre-made groups to enjoy content (in this case, instances designed to require ten or more players). Most importantly, however, it was meant to be at least as stable as the old queue system, and we're now working to address issues with the new system architecture. And while our data indicates that the queue system is operational and that instances are firing off, we feel as if it could use some fixin' :)

Last week, the team identified and addressed some technical bugs and began rolling out critical fixes ([actual link] see patch notes for more information). Our goal in the coming days will be to comb through all of the reported issues and include fixes for them in the upcoming update.

Things we will be reviewing:

• Frequency of the Demogorgon (Master) instance
    • Tiamat queuing window
    • Improving the flow of queuing -> getting into an instance
    • Addressing minimum team size to launch an instance
    • PvP dodger penalty
    • And more...

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to make improvements to the new queue system, and improve your experience in the process.

The Neverwinter Team
    Nice. Thank you. Just wanted a positive response followed by a fix. BTW, is it possible to make the non-epic dungeons soloable. Would probably solve a ton of the PUG Queing issues and still allow solo players to make AD. Don't see what the problem is. If I person can't handle it solo, they just don't play it solo. Thanks again.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    @strumslinger i heard stronghold siege only pops if you are solo or in 10 man party. can you test please?
  • paxpoxpaxpox Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    I am enjoying the new Maze Engine content. Minsc is great and always makes me smile. I'm not having much luck with the Demogorgon queue system though... I usually play solo and and I've only gotten in twice in maybe a dozen tries? It's frustrating to wait for that 5 minute window only to not get in. That's not so awesome - please continue to debug the new queue system.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The queue is still broken.
    I had no problems with getting into Demogorgon before the queue update, now it doesn't work anymore.

When you stand right in front of the portal with other players, also wondering why the queue is not working and it can't create a group from all the players standing right there, you can see for yourself that something is really messed up with that new queue system.

How about some kind of compensations for every day a lot of us players can't get into Demogorgon until it is finally fixed and working properly again?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nejaa#9803 nejaa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    you say a compensation for demo, I say a compensation for everything. All along the 2xRP I tried to get into CN for the good loot. No need to say I got nothing but frustration against the public q. My days now are just a couple of dailies for my campaigns and then I camp at WoD waiting for DRs, meanwhile I watch the TV. I can't play because the queue system is broken.

On my side too the validation popup doesn't display. I get all the logs showing that I get matched but then I time out without getting anything.

Except one time : the popup window actually showed, a 100th of a second and disappeared right away. It's more than time to fix that thing. If you can't, bring the old system back and work more on the new one offline. Please.
    I'm pasting my message here too :

For some reason it got fixed for me today. The only thing that I changed was to fix my windows update. It was stuck because of two files corrupted by a previous windows update. Was it that I was missing some important update windows update (security update not letting a system call being done?) ? Was it that those two corrupted files (telemetry files) was keeping the game to do some RPC or regular sockets calls to the servers? I don't know, I'm not sure. But to be sure maybe we should all check if our systems are up to date, and if the windows update is taking forever fetching the new updates / downloading them we should check if everything is right with the command " sfc /scannow " to be sure everything on the system is right.

Or maybe it's just stupid luck that the problem disappeared on my computer
    edited March 2016
    After several fruitless tries to join Demogorgon, it worked, but not for the whole group, one couldn't even get in, and another ran off to PE after a while, since we didn't get any "reinforcement" either.

Which also begs the questions, why didn't we get any more players?
    Since i'm willing to bet, that more then enough players were still waiting for an invite into Demogorgon.

Anyway, with those 8 people in the instance, we managed to get gold/silver/gold and ended up with silver as result.
    While that run wasn't perfect, at least i got a Demogorgon run done, but the next try to join Demogorogon failed again.

I keep my system up to date, and i can assure you, that this has nothing to do with the "client" system at all.
    I didn't change/update anything, and i only got 1 run in all those tries.

This makes no sense...
    Want to know why?
    I understand, I don't say my idea is the right thing, I'm just saying it's the only thing that changed on my system ^^ It might have been because of the broken telemetry files (telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json , utc.app.json), it might have been because of one of the numerous windows official patches I've installed trying to fix my system. It might not even be the reason. But today I've have no problem to public Q.
  • chains4509chains4509 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The accept and decline hud window still doesn't appear is anyone have this problem still?
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    @strumslinger man listen to me pls 1 more ?

i queue instance HAMSTER waiting minimum 15 min maximum 20 min i tested how do you that fix q prblem .

and big problem team randomize not good usally join my party newbie players tank dc dps all to time low itm lvl i dont understand you ubgrate script q i understand ppl boring i can solo going dungeon joining my party new members dps low tank low wipe wipe lost my time . need ubgrate team random team join run dungeon thanks so much.
  • fedderatorfedderator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @nejaa#9803 said:
    > you say a compensation for demo, I say a compensation for everything. All along the 2xRP I tried to get into CN for the good loot. No need to say I got nothing but frustration against the public q. My days now are just a couple of dailies for my campaigns and then I camp at WoD waiting for DRs, meanwhile I watch the TV. I can't play because the queue system is broken.
    >
    > On my side too the validation popup doesn't display. I get all the logs showing that I get matched but then I time out without getting anything.
    >
    > Except one time : the popup window actually showed, a 100th of a second and disappeared right away. It's more than time to fix that thing. If you can't, bring the old system back and work more on the new one offline. Please.

I have exactly The same issue - damn annoying...
  • zaksevenzakseven Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Just confirming once more in another thread, since it keep bouncing around and closing, on this issue that all my character still cannot queue for anything. Going on 15 days with no dungeons, epic, trial, skirmish, or PVP. Lost item opportunity, AD revenue, fun, etc. Many vip benefits going to waste. You probably read that from me already somewhere else.

My frustration is not only with the state of the game regarding this issue but also how they claim working on issues. Meanwhile many people reply they can't queue at all and they just dance around that topic by not specifically listing that as an issue. I guess people inability to access major content fall into the 'and more..' category of this announcement.
    Could we please get some official news/words on this issue?
    Want to know why?
    Posting my comment from the Preview Patch notes thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214111/maze-engine-preview-patch-notes-nw-60-20160307a-10
    The queue issue seems to be related to the computer as well, not the account. We've had people who had the queue issue (when queueing publicly it doesn't pop the modal, private is fine). When logging that account on another computer it works fine. Tried in reverse, using an account that on a computer works fine, go to the effected person's computer log that account, queue issue appears.

Anyone in a queue group with at least one person with this issue on their computer cause the whole queue group to not transfer in, if the queue is public. So far, I've seen 2 people resolve it, one of them formatted the hard disk NW was on - this is NOT a solution.
  • mrracklemrrackle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Making the Tiamat queue window longer would be helpful - as someone said earlier. 5 minutes is nowhere near long enough.
    Especially since dragon runs finishes five minutes before tiamat is open. A lot of people premake groups at that time (even before but whatever) and it would be logical that people could q during those early 5 minutes. That would actually allow the random Q to have time to fill before tiamat opens
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    small comment regarding PVP Q (not balance on exlpoit, just the Q system)

domination is still premade Vs random as far as I play- is it possible to add a botton that prevent or allow it. i am sure those premade initiation is not to have one sided battle as well

gauntlgrym is dead, its got nothing to do with Q system and i assume there is no reward in doing it. and again even if I do get in, its against premade - so same request as above, is it possbile to add premade / non premade option

many of us did stronghold siege PVP in the past, for the banners and for the stronghld shards. in order to do it we created "alliance" with other small guilds so we can join and have chance to get 200 points / reduce enemy bellow 3000 points or even win. with the new system its not possible.
    1)if someone decline the all Q is gone or get bugged (this is 40 ppl Q and its happen alot)
    2)ppl from diffrent guild can't Q together to siege now, the result is that only big guilds can premade while small guilds have to go completly random (level 60-70, no cordination at all) at the end even siege end up to be premade Vs random now
    is it possible to add for siege as well premade Vs random botton or allow different small guild to Q together

* small guilds get stuck again, now its cause of the battle shards
    Post edited by plavia on
  • avayleaavaylea Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    zakseven said:

Just confirming once more in another thread, since it keep bouncing around and closing, on this issue that all my character still cannot queue for anything. Going on 15 days with no dungeons, epic, trial, skirmish, or PVP. Lost item opportunity, AD revenue, fun, etc. Many vip benefits going to waste. You probably read that from me already somewhere else.

My frustration is not only with the state of the game regarding this issue but also how they claim working on issues. Meanwhile many people reply they can't queue at all and they just dance around that topic by not specifically listing that as an issue. I guess people inability to access major content fall into the 'and more..' category of this announcement.

Same here, no queue for me. So sad.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We've posted a potential fix for the window not appearing here: http://bit.ly/1pOB8fD

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• avayleaavaylea Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User

We've posted a potential fix for the window not appearing here: http://bit.ly/1pOB8fD

oh my goodness, yes this worked. TY!!!!!
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    avaylea said:

oh my goodness, yes this worked. TY!!!!!
    Yes! Getting some!
  • arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    All I know is the Que system is harsh now. I imagine it has more to do with class diversification the system looks for rather than how many are in a Que without a group. Before we could Que and you either had healers or you didn't but you still got thrown in a group and did the fight. Now you just don't get to go. I like the new features but I prefer the old setup of filling the remaining spots with whatever is out there.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User

Thanks for the update strum :)

One of my guild members had this issue.

We actually had to go in and remove the time syncing to the Internet.

But after removing that and making sure that both his BIOS clock and Windows clock showed the same time, and removing the sync to time.microsoft.com he was able to queue up again.

Kudos to the person who found this... :D
  • abeodesee72abeodesee72 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    wont everyone in a full party reduce the que solo ?
    ... still bugged. As mentioned before, the timer is just running out, and that's it.
    Want to know why?
  • shadowspawn01shadowspawn01 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    the que sucks really bad for the solo player. can't hardly get into ndemo any more and so on