test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Share Your Memories on Xbox One!

Comments

• cajuncoder2cajuncoder2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The most recent great memory was just a few days ago. I finally scored an artifact from a Lock Box - the Horn of Valhalla! Just another example of how this game just keeps me interested by being both challenging and fun, with yet another excitement filled achievement - awesome!
  • e1itesoldier24e1itesoldier24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My favorite memory of neverwinter was when I first joined one of my favorite guilds today The Fallen Knights. At first I thought "eh...it's just another guild..." But then as I got more into the guild itself...I realized that this isn't a guild with random people....this is a family that was created from the bonds everyone made with each other. Next thing I realized I was a rank 6 in the guild because I helped out with many people in the guild and I ran pirate king every day with the leader and other rank 6's in the guild. When people were down we would be there for them and when there was guild drama we would always get past it and leave it behind. I met many of the friends that I play with today in the guild and got to become basically real life friends because of the bond we made. I remeber farming the blue dragon for hours with a couple of new guild members at the time because I enjoyed talking to them and it was fun to farm with them. But with all good things, there is an end to them...as soon as mod 6 came out many people stopped playing and guild leaders stopped as well...I still remember the last day I was in the guild l....it was sad to leave such a amazing guild but I had a spot made for me in the guild I joined after The Fallen Knights called APPROVAL and that guild the was ran by the people that I farmed the blue dragon with....I'm always going to be grateful to those people because they gave me a new home and the guild was very much like The Fallen Knights. I'm never going to forgot that guild because of the people that were in it....thank you for all the great memories and bonds....
  • Once I was praying to the gods and someone at level 69 requested to trade with me so I accepted the request and he gave me four level 115 items one sword one chest plate one ring and a amulet I was astonished so I gave him some gold coins
  • violetstorm88violetstorm88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My absolute best memory has to be leading my guild "The G00nies" to their first quadruple dragon kill. So much organization going into making our groups and live parties.

All 30 guildies standing around the stronghold fountain divided into clerics/healadins, guardian fighters / bubble pallies, ranged DPS and melee DPS waiting patiently for an officer to invite them to a group. Working out who should go to which dragon to perform best. Officers in charge of different groups and getting everyone into voice chat to communicate effectively.

We knew we had to double dip the dragons to succeed. ..Red to blue and black to green. "Dragon slaying potions and scrolls please everyone" goes out in guild chat. I started the dragons and raced over to black. Ok everyone except a couple of people go to green or blue and good luck. Those 11 minutes were nail biting but we did it and everyone was elated. Quad kill!!! Woohoo!!! Awesome!! Achievement and fireworks were popping.

This has to be my favorite Neverwinter moment. I love my guild - The G00nies
  • warwick74warwick74 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The best day for me was March 31 2015 neverwinter dropped for Xbox one
  • xstubzxzxstubzxz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I remember vividly the day the Black Earth Lockbox came out. I was super excited to get a new lockbox since that is what most of my Astral Diamonds goes towards. I opened my first 10 lockboxes and to my surprise I pulled an Armored Bulette out of it. I was super excited as this was only the 2nd one pulled in the game. I quickly posted it to the Trade House and it sold in minutes. I then proceeded for the next 4 hours to open 10 lockboxes anytime anyone in my guild mentioned the word key or box. It was probably the most fun I have had in this game to date.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User

First Memory:
    Life can be tough – University, office work, immigration, family drama, bills… one constant for me and my partner is being able to put all that aside, and adventure together in Neverwinter.
    Together we escape the mundane world and fight monsters or explore old ruined castles. We fought off the Prince of Demons and threw back the Queen of Dragons. We ride our trusty mounts through haunted forests, revisit broken ruins and we’ve even descended into the bowels of the earth to seek rare and powerful treasure.
    Along the way we’ve made friends, joined a guild, met up with old allies (also refugees from the real world) and started to reclaim the lands around our Stronghold.

And we’ve done all this together, snuggled side-by-side on a sofa in our inner-city apartment – while the real world fades away and the day turns to night, then back to day again.
    Some of my happiest memories are of a virtual world, and the adventures I’ve shared with my partner within it.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • ladyjay#8700 ladyjay Member Posts: 1 New User
    The best day I had was when I leveled up before my husband on 3/25/2016
  • jiza187jiza187 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Neverwinter has been a great game. Everything from grinding to making friends is why I play. I love the way it ties into forgotten realms books. R.A. salvator is my favorite author and drittz my fav character so yeah.. Can't wait for more dlc and thanks for all the fish!
    What can I say, neverwinter is the game I spend most of my time on. I used to be huge into Gamerscore, but now I can't bring myself to quit playing neverwinter long enough to get any achieves. Running dungeons and finally getting that piece of equipment or artifact you've been waiting for is priceless. Thanks for making a great game ;)
    My last but not least great memory will happen in a few days when I get my achievement for killing 2000 dragons. I'm at 97% This achievement has taken longer than almost any achievement I have ever gotten. Also another great memory you can help make is to fix the dwarven thrones achievement, so I can complete the game at 100%. Regardless I will continue to play and support arc.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Second Memory:

I’m an old school roleplayer from way back, and Neverwinter touches on a lot of the classic source material that we used.
    When I created my ranger I called him Faelen (Gaelic name which means ‘Little Wolf’), but much later on I got the Guardian of the North pack and re-rolled him into a Drow, however I kept the name. (I admit, one I had a Black Panther, the desire to copy Salvatore’s famous ranger was strong).

While I was happy with the race-reroll, I found the name “little wolf” to be somewhat out of place – but rather than changing the name, I came up with a whole backstory for him:

The drow was a slave of a lesser house, who fled Menzoberranzan and wondered for years in the Underdark. Eventually he was found by his former masters, and was forced to flee ever upwards – eventually leaving the caverns and being forced out into the hated surface world.
    The first being he encountered in this new world, was the Halfling ranger Faelen. Confused by the bright lights of moon and star, and racked with agoraphobia from the open sky, the dark elf was unable to overcome the canny Halfling, who expertly disarmed the disorientated drow and left him on the ground, entwined in twisting roots.
    But rather than slaying the drow, Faelen showed kindness. Over time, the drow came to respect Faelen – less for his kind acts than for his combat prowess, but nevertheless the drow was determined to learn what he could before enacting a sudden, but in his mind inevitable, betrayal.
    The true turning point came when he witnessed the diminutive ranger encounter a unicorn – servant of Chauntea. In that moment the last vestiges of faith in the spider queen fell away, and his dedication to his saviour and teacher became more than mare facade.
    They travelled together sometime more, and with each mile the drow felt his old self slip away.
    It was deep within Neverwinter wood that they encountered a druid grove beset by unnatural forces derived from the hated spellplage. Together they fought back to back, blades whirling like silver fire in the moonlight, bows twanging like of harps – but before the last of the abominations fell, the Halfling Faelen was stuck down.
    That night the drow took an oath – pledging himself to the Halfling’s god Chauntea, saying, “Were it not for him, I would have rightly been slain. But as he has laid down his life – his work will live on in me.” And thus he took the name Faelen Mac Tire, determined that the work of his mentor would live on through the works of his hand.

A tad trite, I’d agree – but nevertheless, an ill-fitting name led to a backstory that I’d genuinely fond of.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • robrespawns#2876 robrespawns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The combat in Neverwinter is without a doubt my epic, no Legendary moment! Everytime Respawn my GWF is using determination and weapon masters strike i get goose bumps! I'd go as far as saying that move rates in my top 3 all time video game moves! Axel's burning knuckle can't even clear the trash mobs quicker!

Whom ever designed that move deserves a pay rise! Now i'm off to slice & dice my way through the sword coast dreaming of owning an owl bear!!
  • robrespawns#2876 robrespawns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have a second epic moment albeit not as great as weapon masters strike! The Arc app is epic, i love the fact that we unlock achievements to earn points that we can spend on loot! I have never really bothered with achievements but this motivates me to unlock them all.

My heart lit up when i saw the purple 110% mount as a reward, then i realized it was in fact a horse and not an owl bear!!!
  • phraqphraq Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Entry 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phraqphraq Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Entry 3 and hit 60 on my sw today the grind starts here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kevin#5892 kevin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I could think of many different fond memories from this game. After trying to figure out which one I would post I thought of the best one. The day I started playing! So I had the game downloaded for about a month before I started playing. Sport games and first person shooters had been my games of choice. I was growing bored with those and looking for a new game. I decided to launch Neverwinter and my goodness, my gaming world would forever be changed. I had never played a MMORPG game before and was just blown away. I was thinking to myself, you can go do missions while other people are doing missions? What?! They have an open market where you can buy, sell, and trade? What?! Obviously I would go on to learn there is so much more to Neverwinter. I haven't given another game a chance. Thanks for the year of fun. I am looking forward to what the next year of Neverwinter brings.
  • tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    My favorite moment was when EE dropped and all that hard grinding paid off and Gwf's all through the land risen up from the ashes and became great fearless killing machines.
  • batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Okay, this might be a bit cheesy now, but my favorite memory is helping a certain fellow rogue level up to 70 and I talked him into taking off his clothes in fiery pit, so we both would run around in underwear there while fighting XD I told him, we need to do this in order to protect our precious gear, because it might burn due to all the fire, lol.

Well, what can I say? That was several months ago and meanwhile we're happily together in real life.

So thank you, Neverwinter, for making it possible to find the guy of my dreams through your game :3

Sadly I don't have a screenshot of that epic almost naked grind, so this is us waiting for backup in ELOL ;)

• sexyvampiremistresssexyvampiremistress Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    My boyfriend and I met almost 10 years ago playing an online PC game. It is still one of the many things that we enjoy doing together. When I introduced him to Neverwinter back in August, he fell in love with the game. However, he didn't like the fact that we couldn't play together. So, about a week ago, he bought me my own Xbox One so we could play Neverwinter together.

kittensiggyredone.jpg
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    My best times with the game were from March 2015 through Sept 2015. Loved playing until all my guildies quit. Sept 15 to Feb 16 was still ok but only dbags to play with. And after the coalecent scam I dont even play anymore. This game just isnt the same and fun as it use to and could have been.
  • unfledgedeel96unfledgedeel96 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    My favourite memory of playing Neverwinter was in the middle of april just after its release. My friends and I were grouped up and in the Enclave when I just got enough AD to open my first 10 lockboxes. I was talking to them more than anything and slowly opening the boxes not taking a huge note of what i really got. But, on my 5th box, I ended up getting my first Imperial Rage Drake! I equiped it straight away and I've never regretted it. The price of them has gone up a lot over the past year, but I'm glad that I've been set since the start with my mount. I recorded it almsot instantly and have kept the recording on OneDrive ever since.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F4A79A316DBED2BC!194&authkey=!AIiLnNhiwROZOcQ&ithint=video%2cmp4

Two weeks after that lucky gamble (6/05), I opened another 10 boxes (about 30 in total at this time) I recieved another Imperial Rage Drake, which I sold for 1.7 million at the time.
  • zamirdzamird Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mikeyslimmm/video/10292514 Mod 6, your stacking armor pen cant stop us!!!!
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mikeyslimmm/video/10273295 WHO NEEDS A KEY!?!?
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mikeyslimmm/video/10273292 RIP dungeons.....we didnt do anything do deserve the removal ;)
  • zamirdzamird Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mikeyslimmm/video/12545838 Im getting disqualified, heres number 4, totally worth it. Say hello to Boo and the veiw (pre sky fix)
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    First time opened a lockbox, got a greater mark of power (back when that was the only way to get them, valued @ over 500k ad at the time). What is this thing for I wondered....followed by refining into a rank 5 enchantment....

Same day I learned a lesson in saving and referencing wiki a lot more.
  • roclstar69roclstar69 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My favorite memory of neverwinter has to be back when level 60 was the cap. I was running spell plague on my guardian fighter with the tankiest of tank builds and my 2 good friends were in party chat with me. The one was running as a cleric to help me out during the hairy parts of the dungeon and the other was on a tr that was barely to get in the dungeon. The other 2 that joined us were random from the que. These 2 were barely able to get in the dungeon as well. We'll it took us 2.5 hours to finally get to the main boss fight. All I remember is running circles on that tiny platform with what felt like hundreds of ads chasing me for about 45 min just laughing my butt off the whole time. When our awesome dps characters finally killed the boss (45 min thats how awesome they were mind you) they turned their attention to the ads. I turned off all my protections and taunts just to see what happened and they all got insta wiped 5 times, I was crying I was laughing so hard. They all then refused to come back to the platform until I turned everything back on. I about died from laughter at this point and finally obliged and we finished up. They all got necklaces and I got my helm :) thank you neverwinter for that lasting memory.
  • glitterydarkglitterydark Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My favourite memory was winning a Glorious Resurgence Legendary Mounts Pack ... After much deliberation, I decided to sell it - I expected it to take forever - I had it on the AH for 9.5mil - however after 2 hours it sold .. and finally, FINALLY i had enough Astral Diamonds to buy me a Flail Snail!!! I have never been so excited lol - I managed to purchase a flail snail, help out my gaming friend with lots of goodies and buy absolutely LOADS of keys!! Spent an entire day just buying keys and opening boxes - managed to upgrade loads of my equipment, and then went adventuring on my lovely new Flail Snail .. it made all my grinding worthwhile :smile: best moment Ever! I'd love to win a purple owlbear so I can gift it to my friend who has a really pants mount lol
  • lordatog345lordatog345 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The first time your group was able to do a complete run of castle never.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    It's going to sound odd but NW helped me stay sober for (as of today) 463 days.

For anyone doing the math, I had started earlier but was struggling - not with not drinking itself per se`, rather, the idle time; something to have my newly active brain occupied with.

Not since WOW had I found a game that tickled my RPG \ MMO kid-like wonderment. NW did so (in spades) but also provided me something to focus on; something I needed to study and be sharp for. It was also an environment to meet like minded people that were not on bar stools. Some of the best people I have ever met have been over a microphone, often seas away, playing NW.

As for a NW memory - I suppose it's that I have them all; that my fondest moments of the game (and life) are not lost to the fog of habitual inebriation. For what it is worth, thanks for that...

P.S. For anyone wondering, yes, I now have a NW addiction ;)
    Post edited by stpensive on
  • jennd#8907 jennd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    my best NW moment happened to be late last night when my little GF (Button) reached level 70.... ;)
This discussion has been closed.