test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your opinion on new Shadowclad Enchantment (for devs; pre mod9 popped)

Comments

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Fine Enchantment. I like it and I will try to obtain it asap via grinding CN and getting more AD.
    I think that if the enchant buffs deflect chance fast (read: deflect chance stacks in %, i hope) it will be balanced up to pure. Working as i explained, it would just make the owner deflect more often.

What should be reworked is the stupid trascendent bonus. Stealth? Come on. Unless this is an enchant specifically aimed at TRs.

Trascendent bonus should be a buff to deflect severity. For example: "when you successfully deflect an attack with 8 stacks of shadowclad, your deflect severity is increased by 10% for 10 seconds".

Something like this.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Horrible Enchantment. It completely destroys PVP. I consider quitting the game if it goes live with those stats without being toned down.
    Boy I hate being right all the time.

Remember maybe a month ago, I warned about "homogenizing"?
    ...there you have it. First they proliferate stealth, now deflect. ROFL.

What's next? We gonna get an "Unstoppable" ring or enchant next? (Wait, or is that TEB already? ROFL)

That's it. I'm quitting. Gonna be dispersing my Transcendant Elven, T.Fey, T.Bilethorn, T.Lightning, and a variety of rank 8~10 enchants soon.

NW's dead.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • jasman23jasman23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    I don't care. I don't do PVP.
    I haven't tested the enchant yet, but one thing I know for sure, tooltips in this game are liars and it's an instinct of Cryptic that they like making op stuffs. Remember ppl were discussing about the OPness of Negation and Elven when those were about to come out? Those who defended Cryptic were like ''eh it is not that OP''. Guess what? they were OP, they are still OP and now the new enchant is going to whether join/ take over the the OPness-club of Negation and Elven.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is Spartan bae.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Horrible Enchantment. It completely destroys PVP. I consider quitting the game if it goes live with those stats without being toned down.
    There is this exact same mechanic in Champions Online. [i]"More useful for low deflect builds?"[/i] Lol... You wish.

But then, why not. People really need to experience for themselves to realize the flaws of their assumptions.
    See for themselves to believe it, what it does to high deflect builds, lol.

I'll just say one thing.

The inherent weakness to deflect-oriented defensive mechanics is the uncertainty and the randomness. Anything that drives the deflect chance upwards, on an already high-deflect chance, directly translates to increase in stability of deflects - no matter how small.

A MI, halfling TR with this enchantment is going to be walking around with a perma-ITC state, with a defensive damage reduction that you can't 'penetrate' with Armpen, even without steroids.

Ah yes, the good ol', broken krapchit days of Champions Online and its bullshi* "Lightning Reflexes" tanky builds. The devs actually had the galls to take that thing and bring it into NW... ROOOOOOOFL.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    kweassa said:

There is this exact same mechanic in Champions Online. [i]"More useful for low deflect builds?"[/i] Lol... You wish.

But then, why not. People really need to experience for themselves to realize the flaws of their assumptions.
    See for themselves to believe it, what it does to high deflect builds, lol.

I'll just say one thing.

The inherent weakness to deflect-oriented defensive mechanics is the uncertainty and the randomness. Anything that drives the deflect chance upwards, on an already high-deflect chance, directly translates to increase in stability of deflects - no matter how small.

A MI, halfling TR with this enchantment is going to be walking around with a perma-ITC state, with a defensive damage reduction that you can't 'penetrate' with Armpen, even without steroids.

Ah yes, the good ol', broken krapchit days of Champions Online and its bullshi* "Lightning Reflexes" tanky builds. The devs actually had the galls to take that thing and bring it into NW... ROOOOOOOFL.

I am pretty sure you are right and this enchant will do no good at all, too many options to disbalance this game even more.
    But I think a tanky class will do also good slotting it.
    OP and DC f.e., this class is hard to take and most time it need s 2-4 player to cc them consistently to get them down, these classes doesn´t need Negation enchant that much imo, and elfen only protects from cc effects.
    If I run a Paladin I would go for it, in case it works like I think I will stay most time at 40% deflect+16% DR-buff coming from zero deflect ! that´s huge and we will experience an even more redicules situation in PVP, probably no chance to kill those classes at all in the future.
    A BIS GF with 40% deflect+16% DR...very funny
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    kweassa said:

Boy I hate being right all the time.

Remember maybe a month ago, I warned about "homogenizing"?
    ...there you have it. First they proliferate stealth, now deflect. ROFL.

What's next? We gonna get an "Unstoppable" ring or enchant next? (Wait, or is that TEB already? ROFL)

That's it. I'm quitting. Gonna be dispersing my Transcendant Elven, T.Fey, T.Bilethorn, T.Lightning, and a variety of rank 8~10 enchants soon.

NW's dead.

You can put those in the mail to @tolkienbuff :P
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    The enchantment itself isnt bad, adds more variety. But in combination with the coal ward change; and w/o giving a way other than pray to RNG Box, Cash shop, or farming for a couple monthes; it feels again like a cash grab (or the term we arent supposed to use plopmoneydowntolose)

Why add a new PVP enchant right after moving the coal wards outta the TB store. Looks even worse for new players, as long as they are not blind to this games history. (New revolving door player this screams cha ching cha ching cha ching)

It may also just suck as noted by others, then idk what the idea was for it....
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Fine Enchantment. I like it and I will try to obtain it asap via grinding CN and getting more AD.
    Sounds good... I will try it
    edited March 2016
    etelgrin said:

Guys its deflect RATING, by rating they mean SCORE. Lets say me Etelgrin has 3000 deflection = deflect rating, one stack of that shadowclad provide me 300 rating, this is 10% from my 3k, this is less than 1%. NO IMBA HERE. If and When you deflect all stacks disperse, this is not better than negation, beside stealth which is irrelevant because it can only happen once every 30 seconds or so. 1 second stun affected by tenacity meaning, you won't even noticed that you were stunned, its shorter than Oathbound Paladin dazing thingy. An deflection coming from external sources like for example Borrowed Time artifact offhand class feature is not affected here, because it does NOT add to a rating, so it won't improve enchantment performance. High deflect builds, 12k+ will still not be entrerly satisfied with it because they will constantly proc the enchantment and lose DR bonus.

if that´s the way it´s gonna work it will be from no interest for anyone.
    having 50% deflect that enchant will get you to 55%, to 60% with a chance 45%, to 65% (0,45x0,4)..18% chance, no benefit from DR buff by that…
    did noone test this enchant till now?
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I hope kweassa is just kidding. I don't always agree with kweassa and enjoy our discussions over HR improvements but your comments and pointers will be missed.

As far as the new enchants don't hold your breath no matter what they say it does in the tool tip does not mean it is correct every new item or class that comes out has something that makes it OP. Some time I think its to create cash flow and I don't think the new enchants will be any different
    ara
  • katrina913#2530 katrina913 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Its dumb thing like these that get added.. so many affects there already so much abuse in pvp THE PLAYER ARE SMARTER THEN YOU DEVS HELLO....... you guys need to test more or do a spell at a time update because changing 5 classes at once is not going to work me and my boyfriend have been off neverwinter for 10 days and its been great!, look forward to see if we will come back on the 15 but doubt it because there is so much work to be done and the greed is killing this game I DSONT SUPPORT GREED DEVS RATHER BUY FROM 3RD PARTY the way your going(i dont) but honestly....
  • xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    This should have been a SW class feature, even the name is appropriate
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User

I have a GWF, TR, and HR.
    It won't help me much.

You might wanna reconsider, if anything, the new enchantment probably benefits those 3 classes+maybe GF the most :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • tribulex#3372 tribulex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Any reason to use this on my SW? The other new enchant is amazing for sw
    also does anyone have pictures of what it looks like ingame?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I don't care. I will do PVP with the current enchant I have, it works fine for me.
    Main class TR.
    I will not be using thisome enchantment.
    Only because I am.not sure if it will change, I am tired of spending money and getting nerfed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    This enchantment if anything is not getting nerfed but FIXED. :)

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    so who has pics of what this looks like ingame?
    edited March 2016
    since I did not one DOm in mod 9, waiting for classrework and fixes, only for my interest: If that shadowclad stacks, how much deflect and DR do you get in total being a warlock?
    I also hope stealthbug will be fixed, but tbh, for a Warlock having no dodge and no mitigation against burst it nearly seems to be legit uinsg broken stuff...
    A GF onrotates you in 2 seconds, same as a GWF does , a TR oneshots you, and good Hunter disables you ...nothing changed.
    Hunter and TR are nearly permainvisible most time in PVP.
    Lot´s of Hunter and CW´s I met who could manage to compete abused ambush, Hunter ring of siege on top.
    All these classes do have a dodge on top ! ...CW Hunter TR...so why should a warlock not abuse that option, since it´s so redicules disbalanced most time meeting the actual melee classes having no dodge no mitigation etc.
    Btw. wich enchant is more broken, shadowclad or dreadenchant? Did not hear anything good about dread enchant...
    Seems that even more player retreated from PVP since lauch of mod 9.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    fix the shadowclad permastealth 3 of same guild used it against my team ( i did random queue) because one of my team used it . I Dissapointed at first place when i saw the three of them perma stealth with knowledge they crafted the enchant to transcended, to fight the broken enemy ? lame excuses:)
    I got bored with this enchantment, sitting at almost 200 kill 0 death :o Selling it away and gonna use the negation :\

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I'm using the pure and it works fine for me. Not going to use the trans, don't like the stealth thing on my GWF.
    Other than that, i think it's quite good depending on the build.
    I have the NCL bulette mount, which gives me 4k deflect. So, doing the best with what i have, i sit at 40% deflect chance, 6k base deflect stat+ 4k coming from ring of sudden deflect +4--->10k. Trying this combo, i'd say this:

the enchant allows you to both increase the amount of deflected hits and your DR. The DR is just an "add on".
    But i think it's very good mainly because DR has a cap and can be pierced, while deflects have no cap, and you reduce the damage by 50% no matter what. The stacks are 8, so it builds up faster than negation.

Toons with other mounts would most likely go for an ArP mount, but if you have a deflect mount, this enchant is probably the best you can get. I'd just add a more in-line bonus at Trans, so it can rival T.Neg.

I'm quite happy with my pure. Working well with my build so far. And balanced, since it got the "weakness" vs DoT classes that can "proc" your deflects faster on small hits, wasting them. Other than that...worth it for me. And a nice alternative to the monipresent T.Negation.

At Trans i'd make it stun and buff, for example, some other stat.
    Well I originally wrote that I feared the worst for this enchant. That the stacks would stack quickly regardless of deflect and that it would break control with CC and that when you add in the DR it was OP. Lastly I wrote that the stealth would be ridiculous if it procced.

I proceeded to edit my original post when informed by guildmates and those here on the forums that stacks would fall off when deflection occurred. I re-wrote a much more conservative view but reiterated that tooltips are almost never correct and we should be allowed to test these enchants before they go live.

Not only do these enchants work as I feared originally, it's worse than I could've guessed. The stacks are gained almost immediately and stealth is achieved within seconds of sustained combat. Worse though is that the stealth is full invisibility, meaning 0 visibility even if you're standing on top of the wearer. Any and all attacks are immediately broken upon this procc, when the wearer comes out of stealth they retain 6-7 stacks and need only be attacked again to immediately be sent back into stealth.

Lastly, even if not continuously attacked the wearer, in combat, goes into stealth every 30 seconds which is supposed to be the cooldown.

Perhaps next time I'll stick to my guns based off of history rather than adopting a more conservative tone in order to appease those who assume enchants won't be broken.

With stealth being introduced into PVP everywhere they can put it and drains remaining OP against those who can't ward them PVP is turning into a 3 ring circus... @strumslinger @terramak @asterdahl Please, please get rid of this junk from PVP. Ambush rings, shadowclad enchants, drains... it may actually be a good thing we can't Q into PVP at the moment because of the problematic new Q system.

Devs, I've always enjoyed this game, tried to be helpful here on the forums and be respectful in my tone towards you, the minds behind the game and mechanics. But this... these "additions" to PVP.. they're horrible. I'm sorry guys but this is ruining PVP for everyone. Please help us return to fun PVP matches.

imgur pics don't work

edited March 2016

Well I originally wrote that I feared the worst for this enchant. That the stacks would stack quickly regardless of deflect and that it would break control with CC and that when you add in the DR it was OP. Lastly I wrote that the stealth would be ridiculous if it procced.

I proceeded to edit my original post when informed by guildmates and those here on the forums that stacks would fall off when deflection occurred. I re-wrote a much more conservative view but reiterated that tooltips are almost never correct and we should be allowed to test these enchants before they go live.

Not only do these enchants work as I feared originally, it's worse than I could've guessed. The stacks are gained almost immediately and stealth is achieved within seconds of sustained combat. Worse though is that the stealth is full invisibility, meaning 0 visibility even if you're standing on top of the wearer. Any and all attacks are immediately broken upon this procc, when the wearer comes out of stealth they retain 6-7 stacks and need only be attacked again to immediately be sent back into stealth.

Lastly, even if not continuously attacked the wearer, in combat, goes into stealth every 30 seconds which is supposed to be the cooldown.

Perhaps next time I'll stick to my guns based off of history rather than adopting a more conservative tone in order to appease those who assume enchants won't be broken.

With stealth being introduced into PVP everywhere they can put it and drains remaining OP against those who can't ward them PVP is turning into a 3 ring circus... @strumslinger @terramak @asterdahl Please, please get rid of this junk from PVP. Ambush rings, shadowclad enchants, drains... it may actually be a good thing we can't Q into PVP at the moment because of the problematic new Q system.

Devs, I've always enjoyed this game, tried to be helpful here on the forums and be respectful in my tone towards you, the minds behind the game and mechanics. But this... these "additions" to PVP.. they're horrible. I'm sorry guys but this is ruining PVP for everyone. Please help us return to fun PVP matches.

i am so happy that I retreted since start of mod 9
    Again we are in a redicules situation cryptic confronts us every mod by forgetting to implement internal cooldowns beside other "small" little things.

---> This enchant should never stack 8 times in case you have a Bulette Mount + 6k deflect+4k deflect from ring<---
    This enchant should stack -->1-4 time<-- having that high deflectchance.

Having 40% deflectionchance and stacking 10% deflect per stack, it´s a defelctionchance of 85,74% at 8 stacks ! + permainvisability +16% DR since they forgot the internal cooldown....totally broken.

the chance to get 8 stacks from this enchants, having 40% basedeflectionchance is
    --> 0,6 x 0,56 x 0,4676 x 0,4144 x 0,3558 x 0,2914 x 0,2206 x 0,1426 = 0,000212205 % , somthing like 1:5000
    so all of you using that enchant are running like invisble "Perma-Jackpots-Player" 24/7 in DOM..nice :)

In case it would work properly, you should not gain more than 1-3 stacks at 40% deflect and you never should get near 8 stacks being permainvisible.
    They implemented an enchant wich doesn´t react or reset on any kind of deflection, and with no Cooldown on this invisible buff.... thes guys are even worse than I thought til now, loooool
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I sometimes wonder if the devs are thinking "My god man, what do we have to do to get these people to quit playing this game?".
    edited March 2016
    hedgebet said:

I sometimes wonder if the devs are thinking "My god man, what do we have to do to get these people to quit playing this game?".

i think next will be an enchant like
    "The godmode Enchant": Grants you invulnerability every 30 sec for 4 seconds (forgetting about the internal cooldown...) :) nice cryptic

How to top "shadowclad" in the current state...hard task
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    my view,.

Negation build DR way faster and holds longer
    which is still better for defence and also with 10% Recovery+ 10% income heal.
    Short cooldowns (Shadow without 10% Rec. it's noticeable) and health regeneration.

Shadow's defect its very minimal not really noticeable 00,1 even the DR is weak and holds short.
    So all in all are the Stealth the only thing which keeps alive.
    Shadowclad without stealth is basically useless.

Personally i use shadow not because of stealth, its cuz i'm tired of Negation (fey) combo that's all,
    to keep playing this game i need new stuff.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    morenthar said:

@xsayajinx1

I love when a GWF player craps on another player for using this or that. If you follow the same logic, anyone who plays a GWF is just as abusive to the game as someone who uses Ambush, Vision or any other broken thing you can find in the game.

Easy to play high and mighty and when you are playing one of the most broken builds in the game on top of a HAMSTER-pile of other broken things.

Of course a GWF at BiS doesn't need a fracking Ring of Ambush. The fact that you would even bring it up in relationship to the GWF is so absurdly laughable and speaks to your sociopathic tendancies.

Is it a GWF players fault? No. I don't expect you guys to self-gimp and I don't care if you use an Ambush Ring. But you can take that utter nonsense you spew forth about some kind of Internet gaming code when you are playing fracking GWF.

This is just silly man, probably the silliest of your posts I've ever read. Most classes have some "broken" abilities at the moment. I can 1 rotation any class on my GF, I can 2 rotation most classes on my GWF, I can 1 shot a lot of classes with my TR, I can lock down a player with my HR, I can non stop repel a player off a node with my CW, I can perma daily with my DC, I can Perm bubble with my Paladin, and I can insta kill Pallies with my SW.

Trying to use class "imbalance" as an excuse for using rings, drains, and shadowclad is comparing apples to oranges firstly and is just a way of rationalizing that two wrongs equals a right. Class balance needs to happen, but broken equipment and enchantments need fixed as well. To complain at a specific class for complaining about broken equipment is nonsensical and unproductive imho.

imgur pics don't work

shadowclad is fine, just fix the enchantment pls...

btw I am selling my T Shadowclad for 80 x SMOP, PM me ingame for a deal :smiley:

icyphish said:

shadowclad is fine, just fix the enchantment pls...

btw I am selling my T Shadowclad for 80 x SMOP, PM me ingame for a deal :smiley:

I think it's impossible to tell if it's fine without it being "fixed". I mean it insta gains stacks, it perma stealths, the stealth is completely invisible, like I have no way to judge what it's like if it's WAI XD

imgur pics don't work