test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Murderous Flames VS Brutal Curse

arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
Hi fellow warlocks,

I'm switching to Fury from Damnation, and as I want to dip into Temptation to pick Dark Revelry, which feat should I dump?

I can't get both MF and BC, soooo, dps wise, which is best?

Has anyone done the math?

Thx.

Comments

• tribulex#3372 tribulex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am also curious to hear different opinions on this, since I plan to make the jump as well, and I also cannot live without dark revelry <3
  • vanak#0834 vanak Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    It seems most fury use WB, HG, and SS. KF isn't used it seems most of the time, if your not using KF, really no need for muderous flame right?
  • ahmadrubatahmadrubat Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I would recommend the MF. I went to fury from damnation too and it was a hard choice for me too (MF or BC) so I tested it on the preview shard and I have to say BC is what worth to spend points on it. As we know KF deal freaking big damage so the +30% is big af too (but just once! and then you have to wait for the cooldown but the curse don't have any cooldown). With BC +10% damage for cursed targets (which is +30% in real cause this feats' bonus damage is not devide between cursed targets it is +10% for each cursed target) you will deal more damage but you have to focus to always keep up 3 cursed targets for more DPS [whit one cursed target you will deal 20% + 10% more damage but whit 3 cursed target it is 3x(6,6% + 10%) which is far more. And WB is a must slotted skill if you choose this feat.

EDIT: But only if you want to be a PvE warlock if you prefer PvP then MF is better.
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Wow!
    Is this Tiamat?
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Keep in mind BC only apply to warlock cursed targets, TT/WB/LC, is NOT applied. you can test for yourself, TT/WB give no damage bonus, only TAB curse does.
    Also dark revelry is a must to any warlock with bonding runes, as it buff the companion too and get the buffed amount back. it's like 25~30% power boost. wich is bigger than just 10% more damage, and it apply to all skills, and cursed or non-cursed targets
    I'n not sure ut, if your companion has 10k power, revelry will boost it by 20% so it's 2k more power, plus 270% for 3 bonding stacks
    it's 5400 power boost or 13,5%, but it apply to your power ratings, so 5400 plus 20%? so 6480 power or 16,2% damage boost, and if you are lucky and have another sw on party with dark revelry, it double the effect, so its 27 or 32,4% damage boost
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    candinho2 said:

Keep in mind BC only apply to warlock cursed targets, TT/WB/LC, is NOT applied. you can test for yourself, TT/WB give no damage bonus, only TAB curse does.
    Also dark revelry is a must to any warlock with bonding runes, as it buff the companion too and get the buffed amount back. it's like 25~30% power boost. wich is bigger than just 10% more damage, and it apply to all skills, and cursed or non-cursed targets

Even maxed you will not gain 20%-30% power from the DR-companionrebuff
    At 3 stacks from bondings r10,11,12 it will be a bit more than 2k power in my case and is fixed by your own powerstat.
    You can check it yourself standing at dummy: check your power side by side with your companion and check it 30 feet away having 3 stacks from bondings.

Dark revelry is a 20% powerbuff + 2k rebuff (about 10% in my scenario having 20k power) , so you end up at 30% max. powerbuff, wich is quite good.

MF can deal very high damage if you buff it to maximum, 10mio hits etc. , like fernu wrote 100´s times
    I only checked MF once in eGWD with a 3,3k GS fury in my party, and ACt told me MF dealt a good part of his overall damage (+/- 15%...i guess), average damage from MF was like 500k (max>2 million), as far as I remember.
    If you want to run fury in PVE you have to take MF imo.
    Rotation will be like this TT (perma WC) + HG (14 sparks on crit) + some at wills + xy SS + MF
    If your AP gain is good enough you can skip WB. TT is your WB, proccing lolsetbonus+ creeping death.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I use MF, and i love it, i was explaining why i took dark revelry + MF over MF+BC, wich is nly 10% boost, while with revelry, i can reach higher boost, also why not full bondings r12? it seens to proc 3 stacks very well, not sure for r12, but for lower lvs i can sure you it procs
    also 2m hits aren't possible without axe beak so...
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    You don't need Axe Beak at all in PvE.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

yes you do, or any temp sw will outdps you as fury
    i'n not realy sure why, but even low geared SW's with axe beak can outdps me, the ones without it, i can beat. i believe in 2 possibilities: 1. arpen for sw is bugged and you need more than 6k, 2. arpen reduce mitigation after 60%
    candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

Name me one temp sw than can outdps me :)

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    fernuu said:

c
    andinho2
    said:

fernuu said:

templock deals less damage than fury, i would say 30% less or more depending on the buffed MF.
    I run damage spec atm to farm dungeons, since no class rework is done.
    I buff myself with bondings and normally 3 prcos is maximum in my case, so 3xr12 would be better
    On top I wear twisted set 4k, and I took this boon from sharandar elven fury, works good
    So in case you get a pet with power or critbuff on top you can do very good.
    No to forget SH power boon.

so what you experience with your templock candinho may be due to the fact taht these guys have 8k powerboon+ power/crit pet + 3xr12 bondings + twisted + elven boon etc., some may top your stats >10k by that, so no worry it´s all about the build and your equip.
  • djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm the questions around ArP for PVE? Seems people are stating that ArP over 60% makes a difference? I thought that was the most needed for PVE?
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    fernuu said:

candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

Sw temp can do some decent dps, owlbear cub, lightfoot thief, yeti, Wild hunt rider, archon(your choice) it does good damage but with a fury of the same spec and IL the fury will win the dps war. Simply because its built for dps, TT ticks for each of the fury dots which is alot!

And once again Rotation is key. get rotation down you'll do massive dps.
    I can keep up with a almost equally geared GWF on my Templock. Without the fey set. (sad face.... Salvaged)

I just like temptation because it provides more party utility and i dont die as often (3.2k IL)

Edit: Also Dai's build is Super good :D for pve. Pure glass cannon.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Ohh man, I was hoping that the armor penetration info wouldnt leak so quickly.
  • arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User

Selling an Axe beak on AH?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

Selling an Axe beak on AH?
    No, why would you even think that? I mean, 4k armor pen is definitely going to get your penetration up there.

No, why would you even think that? I mean, 4k armor pen is definitely going to get your penetration up there.

Just a joke. I think it's so easy for us SW to achieve that ArPen PVE cap that an Axe Beak wasn't needed, unless there is something else.
    fernuu said:

candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

You have axe beak and are ptw, no other sw without those will outdps you
  • bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

There is more to it than that. I have seen a lot of people with BIS perform under par. I have also seen individuals vastly exceed there item level. That is called skill, knowledge of class and encounter specific awareness.
    candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

candinho2 said:

fernuu said:

I have axe beak but I don't use it in PvE - with dragonflight/drow/artifacts I've enough ArPen for PvE so I stick to other mount bonuses than ArPen.

I'm barely ptw - I play this game for quite a time. But yes - I've good gear and I worked for it for few years :)

But mostly @bawzdeep is right - I see a lot of toons (especially SW) who doesn't understand core mechanics nor use right encounters/build - SW is hard to master comparing to other DPS classes and understanding what you have to do is key here.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    Heavy nicht crawler 50% off...that's an account wide mount for 1750 zen or 700k AD, It spends 2000 crit.
    My axebeak is excl. for PVP, till now I got 2axebeaks with the daily key , no P2W.
    Using bondings you can push your Arp far above the cap anyway.
    Artifacts at mystic like lantern, lol set/horn etc. get you to cap anyway with ease
    Another question, has MF any cooldown? I know the mechanic, I used to use it before switching to damnation, but now I find that sometimes the damage doesn't split.
    Sometimes, when you kill your target with KF, MF isn't triggered to surrounding mobs.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
    fernuu said:

Sometimes, when you kill your target with KF, MF isn't triggered to surrounding mobs.

Has it been reported? I couldn't find it on the bug forum, but as these forums are an absolute pile of ****, maybe the report is somewhere.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The answer to this question is undoubtedly murderous flames:

edited March 2016
    Hits like 200.000.000 happen in the last second goristo having like 5 HP , right? effectiveness 1250% wtf?
    So the answer is: MF is more DPS running dungeons and to shine in paingiver it is essential, even without millionhits in the last seconds oft a fight .... bugged warlockclass
    I bet damnation puppet will beat fury in terms of speedkill, more frequent and consistent damage the hole fight
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Hits like 200.000.000 happen in the last second goristo having like 5 HP , right? effectiveness 1250% wtf?

So the answer is: MF is more DPS running dungeons and to shine in paingiver it is essential, even without millionhits in the last seconds oft a fight .... bugged warlockclass

I bet damnation puppet will beat fury in terms of speedkill, more frequent and consistent damage the hole fight

No, the boss had ~50% hp. There is a video. Itwent from half health to 0 and we got bronze as a result of skipping silver.