test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: The Maze Engine

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    Nice! Good work! :)
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Looking forward to Mod 9! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Mostly good changes for new/alt players

"Dread Ring: Adamantine Gauntlets now properly give a chance to receive Superior Marks from Astral Coffers."

I got some of them before on mod 6 then suddenly i stop getting more, only a couple gmop. Pls tell me i wasn't the only one who notice this?
  • Options
    rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    That's a nice lot of changes coming with the new module, a lot of which (expecially the AD cost reductions/eliminations) will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately (don't you just hate that word :) ), I'm still not seeing anything related to a fix for players whose characters cannot complete levelling up procedures (unable to allocate Ability, Power, and/or Feat points).
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    rowin4010 said:

That's a nice lot of changes coming with the new module, a lot of which (expecially the AD cost reductions/eliminations) will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately (don't you just hate that word :) ), I'm still not seeing anything related to a fix for players whose characters cannot complete levelling up procedures (unable to allocate Ability, Power, and/or Feat points).

That was supposed to be fixed several months ago with a "free respec" button that activates anytime you character is in a broken state. If this is not the case, you will need to contact support.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    During [the 2x Professions] event, Black Ice Shaping now requires half the usual resources for "Upgrading the Black Ice Forge" tasks.
    I appreciate this, but it will create a situation similar to upgrading artifact weapons was. Upgrading the Black Ice Forge is really expensive (even with Unified Elements being cheaper these days) and the payoff for it isn't really that much. So there will be very little motivation to upgrade when it's not 2x Professions.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Will those new strongbox/voucher things still drop from HE's and Greed of the dragon flight and are they are a weekly thing? Are they all inclusive of each other so if we did one HE, one Greed run, and one Stronghold siege we'd still only get 1 of those weekly boxes or would we have 3?
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Feedback: The following text is copied from the patch note. The Icewind Dale one has no problem. But the Dread Ring one forgot to mention the renaming of the task name.

Icewind Dale
    • Treasures of Xvim: This campaign task has been renamed to "Frozen Treasures," and now awards a Stronghold voucher worth 1,000 Frozen Treasures, rather than the Slayer Ring of the Xvim.
    Dread Ring
    • Recover Thayan Gear: This campaign task now awards a Stronghold voucher worth 1,000 Dark Gifts, rather than Dread Legion gear.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    nealbeat said:

Mostly good changes for new/alt players

"Dread Ring: Adamantine Gauntlets now properly give a chance to receive Superior Marks from Astral Coffers."

I got some of them before on mod 6 then suddenly i stop getting more, only a couple gmop. Pls tell me i wasn't the only one who notice this?

Noticed, yeah, ages ago. Actually decided it might be a bug and not bad luck and reported it, pretty recently.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    WHEN is the 2x Professions (XP)? I saw it on the Calander, but now it's gone (Unless it's part of the 2x Professions Resources...)
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    zombivana#3308 zombivana Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So much AD spent for nothing now that you're removing AD costs from campaigns... effing wonderful...
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Nothing about new race / class. It's been over a year since the last class add (OP), and even longer since the last new race was added (Dragonborn). Hopefully there will be news soon about one or both coming in mod 10.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Really hope this mods surprises me, but from what I saw on preview it seems to be heading the same disappointing route of Elemental Evil ,Stronghold and Underdark. Very little real new content a Dungeon that used to be fantastic that turned into a Huge Demonic encounter.

I really hope to be pleasantly surprised
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Nothing about new race / class. It's been over a year since the last class add (OP), and even longer since the last new race was added (Dragonborn). Hopefully there will be news soon about one or both coming in mod 10.

Actually, its been 10 months since the OP - not over a year. They've also said no new classes (would assume they will do class balance first).
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Under Known Issues:

The following lockboxes are currently unavailable on the Auction House: Dark Forest Lockbox, Feywild Lockbox, Frozen Crystal Lockbox, Magnificent Emporium Lockbox, Rusted Iron Lockbox, Unearthed Lockbox.

This has me a bit confused.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    *sighs* seems the same old inblanace is still here >.<
  • Options
    ares10412ares10412 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Every class was touched except... the paladin, the only class that desperatly needs a nerf -_-
  • Options
    fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    @strumslinger Any change is a change, great patch notes today, but, again, a new module and the ppl of PT-PT or PT-BR Languages are put outside. There's no translation for us. :'(
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Nice changes in new module! GJ Devs!
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Overall, a lot of nice fixes,, I worry just slightly about the new q system. Agreed, it will cut down majorly on the campfire sitters and bots, but how badly will it affect solo runners,, I mean the good ones like myself, with well planned specs and good gear and participate to the fullest in each run
    Also, as a VERY small guild leader, really looking forward to the new requirements and vouchers and caches that will be coming from professions and campaigns :D
  • Options
    eyeseenoneeyeseenone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was expecting more class changes/balances. Still, I'm excited about this mod.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Under Known Issues:

The following lockboxes are currently unavailable on the Auction House: Dark Forest Lockbox, Feywild Lockbox, Frozen Crystal Lockbox, Magnificent Emporium Lockbox, Rusted Iron Lockbox, Unearthed Lockbox.

Not confusing at all, they dont want them in the AH. They are not allowing them in the AH is how I would take it. I could be wrong.... hey its possible.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    This is all great stuff and will set the stage for Mod 10: Return Of Epic Dungeons
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    ciap3kciap3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    cool I'm happy with this update. I just hope it will go alright and servers will be bk online as predicted...
    any news on hastening light fix? it hasn't been working since u implemented it into the game.. rank4 doesn't have any effect at all.
  • Options
    ishamaeli#1051 ishamaeli Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sounds good, considering I only just started playing last weekend. :P Lots of stuff I wanted to see fixed or changed are coming in this patch.
    The Mount tutorial has been updated.
    The Mount Requisition Token associated with the new tutorial now gives a permanent mount instead of a temporary one.
    I assume this won't hold for characters who've already done the tutorial and are using (or already used) the rental mount? Drat. Well, I was considering making my second char anyway...
    Aspen Whitewood - 18 - TrRG
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Leaderboards

The Maze Engine expansion's leaderboard has begun.

What is this?​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    on Lurker server we have a4 path now. 400mb
    what is?
    the last one was a3...
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    You could've dropped the mounts, dungeons, queues, and all of Mod9, and I would've been happy with this patch; some of those bug fixes are for long-standing issues. I'm cautiously optimistic...hope the content isn't more grinding.

I do note a long-term trend (i.e., mod6+) toward making the AH moot, though. I see how it will affect the spammer's current strategies, but worry that their tactics will evolve in a way that impacts gameplay (i.e., trying to automate dungeon runs for salvageable epics.)
  • Options
    lirithiel said:

Under Known Issues:

That's all the ones with planar idols in the loot table. :/

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited March 2016

"Leaderboards"

What is this?​​

They reset the PvP leaderboard every new module. If you only play PvE, move along, nothing to see here.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.