test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Letter: State of the Game

Comments

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

I can't believe I read that whole thing looking for a nugget of truth or an authentic conciliatory tone. Nope lots of "things were harder than we thought, we have to do better" followed with nebulous "we will do better and listen to feedback" nonsense.

I was really hoping for more "yea strongholds was a clusterfack, you guys warned us, we didn't listen, your guilds are in ruin because of it and as a coup de grace we took away a lot of folks AD generation, followed by not adjusting important pricing in a timely fashion and then removed competition for items in the cash shop making it nearly impossible to avoid paying money to gear up. We understand why you hate us because we have been callous, greedy jerks who don't play the game or pay for QA and or focus testing so truly don't know your pain."

They could then follow it up with more from the heart truthiness such as: "So here we are, no one is spending money and you are spending most of your time raging in the forums and not playing our game. To turn this around we are going to promise some things, sorry no spoilers, and eventually getting around to fixing some things and perhaps even balance some systems we really just don't understand so don't expect that to end well. We are going to dedicate most of our depleted workforce to the xbox version because we hear they don't expect as much as you PC master racers. We might even figure out some new ways to ruin classic dungeons by shoehorning HEs into them because it's about all we know how to make right now."

I guess the truth wouldn't have those few responses I've seen here saying how great this all sounds and how glad awesome it is that they are going to listen to players now (never heard that one before, maybe start by responding to that trade bar thread). I'm guessing the truth wouldn't open wallets and purses to purchase zen. I'm guessing the truth wouldn't bring fresh meat into the game eager to buy into the grind. I guess the truth would just hurt too much.

Trust me when I say this the Hard core on The XBOX are demanding the same things you guys are and for those on various forums who think MS will allow this to continue well here is a newsflash they just binned Lionhead and cancelled Fable legends and they own that, they wont suffer this stuff indefinitely!
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    mahburg said:

Trust me when I say this the Hard core on The XBOX are demanding the same things you guys are and for those on various forums who think MS will allow this to continue well here is a newsflash they just binned Lionhead and cancelled Fable legends and they own that, they wont suffer this stuff indefinitely!

One problem...Microsoft owned Lionhead Studios...they shuttered the company because they weren't producing and weren't going to make any money. Microsoft doesn't own cryptic/perfectworld. I doubt they would shutter the game on XBox.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    null
    That's exactly the point if they will lower the boom on lionheart and Fable assuming they won't do that to an Indy game that does not add to the Live experience is misguided IMHO
    As I said elsewhere the rumour may indeed be baseless however given their history in such circumstances don't bank on it not happening.
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    The State Of The Game:

Long standing issues, reported over and over by the community, get completely ignored.
    The staff has lost all credibility for outright lying to the community.
    Hard to take anything said by staff seriously, when they hold a live stream and every question asked by the community is answered with 'its on the radar'. NO real answers to the questions we've been asking forever.
    But then, how can you expect them to be serious, when the lead admin spends the entire time playing the game.
    Pretty much showed the community how completely unimportant our concerns or this game were to him.
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User

" 2015 was an amazing year for Neverwinter. "

So amazing that I quit playing and so did many many others. I am not sure what he is smoking but maybe if he shared it with the rest of us, there might be more people playing instead of leaving.

And BINGO was his NAME-O! I could not agree with you more. Whatever he's smoking, I want it. Might make the game fun again.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    nothing to talk about really.

constant denying to handle with less informed masses, avoiding discutable staff. of course the best you can do when running a game, but nothing to be proud of
  • Options
    marsambassadormarsambassador Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    "As we continue to review our content and systems we will be making some adjustments to the Elemental Evil story. "

How about starting with creating a proper and large end dungeon for this entire area? Perhaps something as incredulously obvious as THE TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL?? How you could do Elemental Evil without this is beyond me to comprehend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Temple_of_Elemental_Evil

I also don't understand why your EE had nothing to do with the actual EE. Instead you just recycled area content and gave us a story that would be considered average if it were in the Foundry.

Which leads me to a larger point...why don't you create content for the game by translating actual modules from the tabletop game? Give us proper module-style quest content like DDO does instead of 10 minute grinding dailies. We're sick of 'fetch 10' and heroic encounters.
  • Options
    mosh420#3753 mosh420 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    A post needs to be made about this... Far too much time and money is being dumped into this game for you guys not to touch base .....it's definitely Not attracting new players with the steady negative feedback posts... And worse no solution.... I love this game and want it to stay around... But don't ya think you owe it to the player base???
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Its simple

Glitches against Arc (make them loose money) : FIXED ASAP
    Glitches against the players (do not make them loose money) : Not fixed until a LONG time if any at all

And i am letting out the coalescent trade bar fiasco ... imagine.

NW is a good game in general, but sadly the management team have this "i don't care" attitude toward the players way too much. Don't get me wrong, i apreciate the free gifts here and there, and there have been a lot of event in the past months etc. but when you have game breaking glitches you need to fix them, and not just when they are in favor of the players.
  • Options
    datorvitas#7410 datorvitas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This game need a complete overhaul if you don't play certain builds on this game your job is worthless they should just make does builds and not give option to customized when you don't deal no damage any other way I'm done with this game waiting on dc universe to come out suppose come out spring 2016
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Well Mod 9 has been released and here is some feedback. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Dungeons, skirmishes, and epic trials:
    CN is actually more fun than I originally thought it would be. It doesn't take long to finish, especially with a good team. The Queue system took some getting used to what with a Party/Party leader and a Queue group/Queue leader. But once you get the hang of making sure your group is invited to the Queue group to get into the content it's not bad at all (a bit superfluous for 3-5 man dungeons but I understand it's for the benefit of 10+ man groups).

Bringing back low level versions of the older dungeons was nice to at least run through and reminisce what prior mods dungeons were like. I'm looking forward to seeing the epic versions of these return.

The loot tables for CN are also fair. If you've saved up a lot of dungeon keys with VIP then you can make a fair amount of coin off of salvages and shards as well as the possibility of getting insignia drops and epic transmutes throughout the dungeon. This makes running the content fun.

If you chose to run without a Pally it's even challenging which makes it more entertaining.

The Queue for Demo, which is scheduled to be addressed, has obviously been problematic because you have to wait until the timer for Demo runs until the patch.

Open world Content:
    IWP and DV are essentially dead zones for PVP except the rare BI domination that you find already in progress. May I state here that there are 2 things you could do to improve this:

1) Place *some of the demonic fights inside PVP zones so that they become "contested" mobs. I.E. your side has to fight to win the loot which then gives it an interesting flair different than just doing PVE, it becomes a mixture.

2) Players should be informed that Black Ice Domination is occurring even when they are in completely unrelated zones. It shouldn't be so random. If everyone knew OW PVP was happening in a zone (and should be occuring in multiple instances of that zone simultaneously so that the zone doesn't get flooded and others can't join) then tons of people would come pouring in because many need the PVP boons from Icewind Dale. There should be a way to check to see when the next BI domination is about to begin.

PVP Domi, GG, and SH Siege:

Firstly the entire Queue system is bugged and flagging people for leavers penalty who never even got in a match. Secondarily, GG has all but ceased to exist, so also has SH siege. There are chat channels dedicated to trying to get SH siege to pop but there are not enough players Qing, nor is there enough coordination in doing so.

The reasons are multifocal:
    For example, GG gives no real rewards worth the wait. You guys really need to beef up the rewards granted by GG, give something worth while. There need to be some really tangible rewards to pull people into this content, not just glory or seals, something of value. One idea would be to maximize boon progression in GG. Lower the standards for completing tasks and/or add times when you get double the point value towards these boon tasks. Then people will have some hope of obtaining them... Kill 1000 NPCs? really? have the devs even played GG? This was nigh impossible during the height of GG, it's completely impossible now. Look at some of these issues to try and get people Qing again. Revamp the rewards system.

SH siege has a similar problem, it takes a lot of people to Q and they wind up often going against entire guilds with every companion bonus known to man and multiple paladins/DC's making retaking of a node impossible. Some solutions to that issue are:
    1) Allow recapture of nodes through overpowering force. So a single pally can't moot out 10 people on a node while they can't recap it, or a single permastealth TR can't hold a node indefinitely. Also the ambush ring allows for contestation from perma stealth for any class. Fix some of these issues.

2) Companions... guys when are you going to learn that PVP by itself is hard enough to balance. Add in a ton of companions and any number of interactions/bugs with said companions and it becomes impossible, not to mention laggy. It's simple, take companions out of SH siege as well. Turn them off, they should never exist in any form of PVP as they are huge imabalancers, even more so than gear, and they are too time consuming to test individually in PVP for unintended effects.

3) As I asked before, consider cutting down the map to a 10 vs 10 with two lanes. It's a good reuse of the material and basically just takes some effort in cutting out a lane, just get rid of the nodes/catapults for that lane and decrease the number of people who are required to Q. Easy peasy.

4) Increase the rewards for both winning and losing. People ultimately are only there to get their SH PVP gear. Let them have it. It's a step towards balancing PVP as well. If they have access to lionsmane gear then they can actually try and compete with tenacity wearing players.

The other main issues in regards to PVP were too lengthy to list here so I have made a separate thread in PVP here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1214119/pvp-class-balance-and-gear-issues

Mount stables/insignias:
    The stable idea is a huge plus for me. It gets them out of our bags, it allows us to ride what we want, it allows us to work on getting other bonuses from insignia sets to augment our builds. It does dish out a lot more self healing however, and at end game there is a lot of that going around. That said, it's obtainable for all classes which is some level of balancing. Overall I'm pleased with this introduction. Now, please make the insigina's we find Bind on Account. This bound to character nonsense needs to stop. I have too many insiginias on toons I PVE with a lot and none on my PVP toons because of exactly this reason. There is no reason not to make them account bound so please consider it.

As always thanks for taking the time to read, if you feel I'm mistaken or have left anything out feel free to comment.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Negatives

1. The idea of summoning Maze demon mobs in leveling areas is bad.

2. Castle offers little new, most of them can be ignored with Paladin. I wish we had old CN, unspoiled with demon c**p as leveling dungeon.

3. Ergonomics of Queue System deserves better. Team is not exactly team. Queue is not exactly queue. People are crazy nowadays about iPhone aesthetics, but when it comes to implement own thing, hands grow from wrong place.

4. Mount bonus system - too much power creep. Too obvious that only thing to keep whales in game to give them more reason to attain more power.

5. No return of previous epic dungeons. Instead broken rewards for present T2 dungeons.

Positives:

1. No AD in campaigns advancement.

2. Mount look customization

3. Cheaper SH advancement

4. Maze missions graphics seems amazing, why something like this cannot be part of new dungeon content?

5. Reworked Campaign stores - gear, keys

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    And shadowclad enchantment broken. No need to say that the bug makes pvp impossible.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

1) Place the demonic fights inside PVP zones so that they become "contested" mobs. I.E. your side has to fight to win the loot which then gives it an interesting flair different than just doing PVE, it becomes a mixture.

This is not something I would want to see. Not everyone likes doing PvP. The demons are a necessary evil with the current state of the game and rewards. IWD as a whole is a necessary evil, but a lot of players avoid having anything to do with the PvP aspect of the zone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

1) Place the demonic fights inside PVP zones so that they become "contested" mobs. I.E. your side has to fight to win the loot which then gives it an interesting flair different than just doing PVE, it becomes a mixture.

This is not something I would want to see. Not everyone likes doing PvP. The demons are a necessary evil with the current state of the game and rewards. IWD as a whole is a necessary evil, but a lot of players avoid having anything to do with the PvP aspect of the zone.
    This is sort of exactly the reason I'm suggesting it. You sometimes need to give people incentive to enter PVP zones.

imgur pics don't work

• Options

greywynd said:

This is sort of exactly the reason I'm suggesting it. You sometimes need to give people incentive to enter PVP zones.
    It's a nice thought, but it doesn't address the real issue. The non-whale people that would be willing to PvP simply cannot afford to keep up with the pointless power creep. It's not a matter of enticing people to enter a zone. It's the activity that's meaningless to them.
    Which again is why you entice them, if you give them rewards for doing it and make it easier to get tenacity gear (as I also addressed) then it makes it more palatable, or if the rewards are good enough, enticing.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    There is no honor in PvP. If you have reason (Blood Among the Runes, Ice Rush, etc) to go into the PvP areas you are fair game and too often PvPers will take advantage of the fact that you're there for a fast kill. Once flagged being outside of the PvP area you are still a target until you can get that **** washed off.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    greywynd said:

There is no honor in PvP. If you have reason (Blood Among the Runes, Ice Rush, etc) to go into the PvP areas you are fair game and too often PvPers will take advantage of the fact that you're there for a fast kill. Once flagged being outside of the PvP area you are still a target until you can get that **** washed off.

It depends on what you mean by honor. PVP zones are where you are able to complete PVP boon tasks. If noone enters then noone gets these boons. They may not matter to PVEers but PVPers try to accomplish everything to be as close to completely BIS as possible. So if the only people entering these zones are the occasional, casual PVEer in hopes to complete a quest or get Black Ice then they will quickly be found by PVPers and killed to make progress towards those boons.

Now, if there were large Open world fights because of either 1) Contested mobs (like demons or even black ice beholder/rhemoraz) or 2) Because Black Ice domination was announced and people could flood the zone then everyone has a chance to get kills because there will invariably be people on both sides who are PVPers and everyone will benefit. Now, lesser geared players or no tenacity players are more likely to die, however they have at least a 50/50 chance for real benefit and they may make progress towards boons in the process. Now compare that with a certain death with 0% chance of profit when you enter the PVP zones now.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

greywynd said:

It's a nice thought, but it doesn't address the real issue. The non-whale people that would be willing to PvP simply cannot afford to keep up with the pointless power creep. It's not a matter of enticing people to enter a zone. It's the activity that's meaningless to them.
    Which again is why you entice them, if you give them rewards for doing it and make it easier to get tenacity gear (as I also addressed) then it makes it more palatable, or if the rewards are good enough, enticing.
    No, it would not entice them. It would drive players away. For some players, no reward is worth dealing with PVP. I cant understand why real PVPers would want to lure or entice players to do content they don't want to do. How much fun can it really be to fight players unable, unmotivated, or unwilling to even fight back? How much fun would it be if we reversed it? And put rewards and content that PVPers need locked behind mandatory role-play? It's a situation where no one has fun and no one wins.
  • Options

greywynd said:

Tenacity gear is easy. Just do Siege with your guild and you can have it in less than a week. Well, almost. Gear isn't the issue. The power creep is: R12s, trancendents, R140 artifacts.. there's just no competing with that from a F2P perspective. You can put all the rewards you wish into this, but if the experience simply isn't fun people will leave as soon as they got what they wanted. We've already seen that in the NCL. A ton of people went for the mount at the start. At 80% of the event it was like it never existed. Rewards were gained, people went through the horrible experience for it and had absolutely no desire to keep PvPing.

You want to entice people to PvP? Start by making it a fun and fair game for everyone involved. Then we'll discuss rewards.
    A few things to note. FIrstly try getting SH siege to pop and then we'll talk about how easy it is to get tenacity gear. Secondly rank 12's mean less than having mythic artifacts which in turn means less than having rank 8 SH boons. It's not rank 12's that are making end game players OP it's the SH boons that give huge stat boosts. I would venture to say I'd rather have rank 7's and a SH boon than rank 12's and no boon.
    Thirdly, if there are enough f2p players they can overwhelm even the best geared PVPer. This is why open world offers the best likelyhood for fun. They may die, but they will also get kills because there will be PVEers and PVPers on each side which makes it better for them than a PM vs Pugs in domi.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    edited March 2016

greywynd said:

No, it would not entice them. It would drive players away. For some players, no reward is worth dealing with PVP. I cant understand why real PVPers would want to lure or entice players to do content they don't want to do. How much fun can it really be to fight players unable, unmotivated, or unwilling to even fight back? How much fun would it be if we reversed it? And put rewards and content that PVPers need locked behind mandatory role-play? It's a situation where no one has fun and no one wins.
    Much of the content is locked behind what many PVPers don't like. PVE. We had to do massive amounts of PVE to get SH boons to be BIS for PVP. So while I understand your argument please know that we have been forced to do massive amounts of what we don't like so that we can be well equipped to do what we do like. This argument is not one you want to use.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Something else I always see in these discussions as well is the idea of "whales" or "P2W' vs "F2P" players. This is all nonsensical reasoning for a multitude of reasons. Firstly without "P2W" or "whales" this game would already be dead. Who pays to keep the lights on in NW? Who pays the devs salary? Certainly not the person who may make one purchase or less their entire experience. I can't tell you how stupid it is to hear people think they are insulting others by calling them p2w. It's like having someone pay for your all inclusive vacation and then complaining that the same person took a vacation at a nicer resort with their own money. It's literally biting the hand that feeds your gaming experience.

Secondarily, you don't have to p2w to become BIS. But you do have to put in time into getting your economy in place and into building your toon taking every advantage of every resource at your disposal. So you can either pay to win or play to win or you can complain at everyone else who is doing better than you.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    my main complain as always is the total lack of balance.. i mean i get it takes work but paladins can stay like this for another day.
    Im getting tired of loggin in too for this very reasons.. and well maybe im a bit tired of my hr performances too..
    and ambush ring...and drains... and some guilds (rayrdan staph)

overall pleased.
    fix the queue.
    insignas need to be bound on account... i mean i bought those for my hrs, i still need them on my tr...still i can only pve with my hr.

nice campaign! good job campaign guy!
    worst dailies in the history of gaming... are you dailies guy ok?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2016

greywynd said:

Much of the content is locked behind what many PVPers don't like. PVE. We had to do massive amounts of PVE to get SH boons to be BIS for PVP. So while I understand your argument please know that we have been forced to do massive amounts of what we don't like so that we can be well equipped to do what we do like. This argument is not one you want to use.
    Yea, I always love this argument. The playing field isn't equal nor was it ever intended to be. This is not some MOBA. This is a PVE game with PVP options. The game has never presented itself as a place where you can start off as a PVPer and remain one exclusive to all other content. If PVE is that toxic to you, then this is truly the wrong game for you. There are far better PVP options available. After all, explorer type players cant level up without PVE content. Roleplayers are forced to do PVE as well. Those who come here to craft or play the markets have to PVE too. Everyone here came here knowing PVE would be involved. Dont try to sell me on the argument that PVPers honestly felt that they were somehow going to be an exception to this.

Now we can argue that the options presented here are in a woeful state and need drastic improvement. And I would completely agree with you. I simply draw the line at where those options, regardless of who they cater to, become forced.

It still comes down to the same question why would anyone want to play with someone who clearly doesn't want to or is ill equipped to do so?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

You want to entice people to PvP? Start by making it a fun and fair game for everyone involved. Then we'll discuss rewards.

@magenubbie Exactly.

PvP is riddled with problems that make it ridiculously unfun and punishing for non-super hardcore PvPers.

1) The gear gap is just to big. If you're not BiS, you're dead meat with no chance to compete.

2) The class balance sucks. Half the classes in this game are more or less second-class citizens in PvP with little to no chance to compete against the other classes. Combined with #1, it makes PvP even less fun.

3) The PvP community itself is extremely toxic. Even for those brave enough to wade into it, it won't be long before you're receiving tells from people about how much you suck, how you should quit the game, or all the interesting things they did to your mom last night. I only wish I was exaggerating here...

Top all that off with things like Domination, GG or SH Seige being dominated by guilds who have zero interest in actually making things competitive for anything below BiS, and you give your average player literally no reason to PvP, no matter how attractive you make the rewards.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options

greywynd said:

Yea, I always love this argument. The playing field isn't equal nor was it ever intended to be. This is not some MOBA. This is a PVE game with PVP options. The game has never presented itself as a place where you can start off as a PVPer and remain one exclusive to all other content. If PVE is that toxic to you, then this is truly the wrong game for you. There are far better PVP options available. After all, explorer type players cant level up without PVE content. Roleplayers are forced to do PVE as well. Those who come here to craft or play the markets have to PVE too. Everyone here came here knowing PVE would be involved. Dont try to sell me on the argument that PVPers honestly felt that they were somehow going to be an exception to this.

Now we can argue that the options presented here are in a woeful state and need drastic improvement. And I would completely agree with you. I simply draw the line at where those options, regardless of who they cater to, become forced.

It still comes down to the same question why would anyone want to play with someone who clearly doesn't want to or is ill equipped to do so?
    There is a lot of vitriol here, not sure why the salt. Anyway PVP and PVE when the game started held hands. In order to get the best PVP gear you had to do T2 dungeons and pray to the RNG gawds that you got the gear you wanted for the bonus you wanted. Then you could take that gear with your OP rank 7s and lesser vorpal into PVP and compete.

For most of us this was fun, we enjoyed playing in all environments together. There were a few BIS guilds out there that roflstomped using tenebrous and perfect enchants and all rank 10s but the majority of pug matches were fun. This game was advertised as an Dungeons and Dragons based MMO. It didn't state that it was only for Roleplayers, PVEers, PVPers, or Foundry creators. It had all these elements and they all fit together pretty nicely.

It's actually what happened over the course of the next few mods that ruined that. The different types of players were separated into factions and forced into playtypes that they may not have enjoyed as much. PVEers hate spending time in PVP zones because they will get wrekt, PVPers hate that PVEers pug into domi on their teams with no tenacity just for the "daily" and cause their team to lose masssively. Foundry creators have been mostly ignored for mods now despite being very active in pointing out what needs to be done to the foundry. Roleplayer by in large left the game for others, not that they are all gone, there's still a smaller active community on the server.

Now, that said, I would like to see the game come back to a point where PVP isn't the bane of PVEers existence through some changes to try and, if not level the playing field at least shore it up a bit. I would like to see changes that give PVPers more fun and incentive to run PVE besides for their SH boons, and now insignias to be BIS.

I am not here to try to create a greater divide or slaughter non tenacity under geared pugs but to try and help them rejoin what was originally a community with niches but everyone could do what they like and not have to worry about having every little item in order to feel like they could even stand to Q for PVP content.

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    jackonyourbackjackonyourback Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am a PVE player since May 2013 and did some PVP for fun until they introduced pvp gear. Since then nothing will bring me to pvp and if you put IWD demon HEs in the open world pvp areas I will not go there. No matter the rewards, I will never go there and I am quite sure many other PVE players wouldn't do that either.
    Don't try to force players to do something they would rather not do just so a few players can complete some boons? Just as with stronghold pvp you had to be one of those players that finished the tasks in the first 2 weeks, because after that no one wanted to play that content any more.

If you want to finish your boons, just ask some of your friends to let themselves kill 100 times in IWD pvp areas and get it over with. No need to to force others to be cannon fodder in the least liked part of this game.
    Btw, you should have made the title "state of pvp" as that is your main points and over 80% of your opening post.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User

Tenacity gear is easy. Just do Siege with your guild and you can have it in less than a week. Well, almost. Gear isn't the issue. The power creep is: R12s, trancendents, R140 artifacts.. there's just no competing with that from a F2P perspective. You can put all the rewards you wish into this, but if the experience simply isn't fun people will leave as soon as they got what they wanted. We've already seen that in the NCL. A ton of people went for the mount at the start. At 80% of the event it was like it never existed. Rewards were gained, people went through the horrible experience for it and had absolutely no desire to keep PvPing.

This. It's not about rewards. It's just not fun. Though there are some who will put themselves through hell to get rewards. Alot of people just won't bother doing it and do/play something else. Theres plenty of guilds who need conqueror shards for their guild and they would rather all go to icewind dale and all crowd into an empty BiD to get their shard than queue for PVP.

Every time I go PvP one side just gets steam rolled by the other, on most occasions. I'd rather not waste my time with it. Siege is the only map I find has more balance flow providing one team is not a full pvp guild. But the imbalances, just ruin it for people.

You have a PvEr who wants to try PvP, has no tenacy gets steam rolled, ganked and humilated, then is told they have to put up with this until they have gear to stop this from happening, and even then it may not be fun when they do.

Giving tenacy to people passively is a tiny step in the right direction. It will save people from having to change armor and reslot enchants everytime. But you will also have to re-introduce stat curves or scale down/up stats so people are more equal. The entry level vs BiS gap is soooo large, as soon as these new players get one shotted over and over all they will think about is "p2w" and just not PvP ever again.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".