Install Arc
Options

Developer Letter: State of the Game

123457»

Comments

• Options
    grievous81grievous81 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I just hit 70 a few days ago and I have not played since 2013. I remember a very different PvP enviroment. It was a lot of fun and players were competitive.

Now i don't even know what I came back to. As a new player there is no reason for me to PvP against what is out there. I have played many games starting out as an undergeared PvP player already deep into a well PvP geared community. It was a struggle to get my equipment but the journey was entertaining and rewarding. The NW PvP community currently is no where near that.

When you add Boons, Mount Powers, Enchantments, Reinforcements..etc It is like I am fighting two players wrapped up in one.
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    They are prolly aiming for longterm, assimilation for cross-platform gaming, it will be the future of gaming eventually. But atm pc is still ahead of xb1 and STO is first for PS4 i think, time will tell, this year shows us how badly they really want to improve the gaming experience or are they just gonna go for the money and leave us with a mediocre game experience and players who bring them bursts of cash and leave in a few months of playing.
  • Options
    elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    How bout dat foundry?
  • Options
    robzilla45robzilla45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    And still.. not one word about the foundry.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    It would be much more interesting to see, what they have to say about the ZAX closing in on 500 AD per 1 ZEN at the moment...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    This "preview bug hunt" clearly is not WAI. With the help of the playerbase and community is offering, the end effect is ,well...laughable.

The devs are clearly in the state of zero-functionality with given deadlines to produce anything good or even passable as WAI.

And that is prolly about poor management, lack of basic vision and advancing strategies within the companys head honchos.

They need either more people or longer time frames, as of now these methods of theirs are clearly not working.

Someone posted the leaked engine and after closer inspection,it was full of bugs and bad code.

Its like fixing a leaking boat and trying to make it a better one, at the same time, on the same hull.

Not gonna work, dictated by basic logic and common sense.

As for what cryptics/PWEs people in charge can, or will do is well..nothing, if they wanted to do something concrete they would have done so ages ago, it has been left as it is for months on end now. And add to that the pressure from PWE, who clearly is in for the money with full frontal assault.

We as players can only hope they listen and catalog bugs and fix them. As it seems not going too well on that either, too busy making mod 10 and slapping it on the broken frame of what is called "this is how MMO RPGs should be".

Ive been watching this mess of implemets and mods for almost 2 years now, hasnt gotten better at all. So that is what i expect from them, nothing that is WAI or done better than before.

Hope is the only thing that keeps this boat afloat and even that is waining as we go towards the release of mod 10 and further towards end of the year.

You want high end MMO RPG gaming this is not how its done, for now it passes as a brains-off past time gaming, yawn.

Players are asking more contact from devs, i would ask more contact from the producers and leaders to explain some of the pretty messed up implements to make this game evolve, be WAI and supposedly be a darn good MMO RPG.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If you want better communication.. live stream all of your dev meetings.

Take time to hear a few player concerns during the meeting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    nissa23#7964 nissa23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oops Sorry You closed the other post? Well do what you most i don't care if this post gets deleted.

[IMG]http://bilshun.top/az/19/o.png[/IMG]