test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fastest Way to level up?

theslotharmy#3268 theslotharmy Member Posts: 601 Arc User
edited December 2015 in PvE Discussion
I am very impatient for being a sloth. I am thinking about grinding my christmas break away so I'd like some tips to gain EXP past faster with double EXP.

[Edit: I accidentally posted in PVE discussion some how]
Post edited by theslotharmy#3268 on

Comments

• beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Use Azure Enchants in every available Utility Slot. And if you are grinding from lvl60-70 I suggest staying in Drowned Shore until about lvl67 and then move on with the other zones. Drowned Shore has some of the quickest and closest quests, so you can do many of them a lot easier then other zones.

But if you are talking about grinding from a lvl 1, then just try and get gear with utility slots and stack those azures.
    edited December 2015
    ToD does not give the best XP, but it does have some pretty good boons. So I would say go for it, but you don't need to focus on it for leveling.

On a separate note, I found out that if you have the majority of ToD completed you do not need to do ANY specific Vigilance quests. You just need to do the task in ToD called Dragonforged Artifact, then select your lvl70 Main-hand, you get your off-hand for simply reaching lvl70. So on my 3rd lvl70 I stayed in Drowned shore the ENTIRE time to lvl70, got my main-hand from the ToD task, and got my off-hand from Lord N for being lvl70. Tips and Tricks

Additionally: This does mean that you do not need to do those gather the Seeds quests
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    For level 60-70, remember to pick the two daily seed quests in Protector's Enclave; they're boring as hell but good points for a quick run.

Also, don't vigilance quests get you an elemental weapon? Or do you get it another way?

After completing all vigilance quests on each map, you get a few storyline quests that will get you off-hand, shirt, pants, and main hand. So you might wanna make sure you complete every map; the artifacts are worth it.
    No no, What I was saying that you DO NOT need to do all the Vigilance quests IF you have ToD campaign unlocked up to Dragonforged Artifact. You may not have it to that point on your new lvl 1, but on your DC you may have to that point unlocked.

The Dragonforged Artifact Task in ToD gives you the exact same Artifact Main-Hand that you would otherwise need to grind through all the Vigilance zones to get. And you get the Off-hand simply for getting to lvl70.

As I said, I grinded from 60-70 simply in drowned shore, never turned in one single "seed" to the tree. Did the ToD task, got my Main-hand lvl 70 Elemental Artifact weapon and by the time I got to lvl 70, my lvl70 artifact main-hand was already Epic.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

[Edit: I accidentally posted in PVE discussion some how]

Actually, it was moved there as that is where such a topic belongs.

The artifact weapon and its off-hand are better than the ensorcelled versions, so yes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

zebular said:

Actually, it was moved there as that is where such a topic belongs.

Oh. . .
    May I ask how? I don't understand.

It's a topic about the PvE aspects of the game, namely leveling and as such, a Moderator moved it here. General is not a catch-all forum, topics belong there only if they don't belong elsewhere.

edited December 2015

zebular said:

It's a topic about the PvE aspects of the game, namely leveling and as such, a Moderator moved it here. General is not a catch-all forum, topics belong there only if they don't belong elsewhere.

Oh. . . I see what you mean.
    I just didn't understand because I was also thinking about PVP.
    You don't gain much at all from PvP and available PvP content to gain XP from is a very minimal part of the game that it is rarely even associated with the leveling process and would definitely not fall into the category of your thread's topic, which is on the "fastest" way to level up. If you choose to level up via PVP, you'll be doing the opposite of your thread's subject, which would be "The Slowest Way to Level Up."

The fastest way to level up is to do quests for your level while wearing the highest ranking Azure Enchantments you can get in your Utility Slots. As well, you can get Inscribed Garments from the Zen Store, each piece giving 10% EXP boost (20% total) and the other stats level with you. Also, you can use EXP boost scrolls gained from promotions or the Zen Store/Auction House.

To maximize your EXP boosts, be sure to play during double xp events. From the level 60-70 range, the best (in terms of amount of EXP rewarded) quests to gain EXP from are the Elemental Evil dailies and when Underdark comes, the new R.A. Salvatore repeatable Quest Line will be even better. But be sure to pick up any Stronghold dailies you might have, as they are nice little extras if you can do them.
  • nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lol, R.A. Salvatore is an author and is what the newest expansion is based around, called Underdark. Not on Xbox yet, only PC

Disclaimer: I only know who he is from reading the article about it on the forum.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    zebular said:

zebular said:

The fastest way to level up is to do quests for your level while wearing the highest ranking Azure Enchantments you can get in your Utility Slots. As well, you can get Inscribed Garments from the Zen Store, each piece giving 10% EXP boost (20% total) and the other stats level with you.
    Somebody forgot which forum they are posting on. I wished Xbox had inscribed garments at one time. It still doesn't.

edited December 2015

zebular said:

You don't gain much at all from PvP and available PvP content to gain XP from is a very minimal part of the game that it is rarely even associated with the leveling process and would definitely not fall into the category of your thread's topic, which is on the "fastest" way to level up. If you choose to level up via PVP, you'll be doing the opposite of your thread's subject, which would be "The Slowest Way to Level Up."

The fastest way to level up is to do quests for your level while wearing the highest ranking Azure Enchantments you can get in your Utility Slots. As well, you can get Inscribed Garments from the Zen Store, each piece giving 10% EXP boost (20% total) and the other stats level with you. Also, you can use EXP boost scrolls gained from promotions or the Zen Store/Auction House.

To maximize your EXP boosts, be sure to play during double xp events. From the level 60-70 range, the best (in terms of amount of EXP rewarded) quests to gain EXP from are the Elemental Evil dailies and when Underdark comes, the new R.A. Salvatore repeatable Quest Line will be even better. But be sure to pick up any Stronghold dailies you might have, as they are nice little extras if you can do them.

I actually leveled 60 to 61 with PVP. It was a bad idea XD
    Inscribed garments. . . I have no money so that's not an option.

I have 4 rank 10 azure enchantments so I'll use those between my accounts.
    On the auction house I can never find EXP boost scrolls.

I am planning on playing during double EXP if I have time.
    I have no Idea what RA is or salvastore is.
    My post was being edited while you replied to clarify about those quests. R.A. Salvatore is of the most famous Forgotten Realms authors who wrote a small quest line specifically for the Underdark expansion.
    zephyriah said:

zebular said:

zebular said:

The fastest way to level up is to do quests for your level while wearing the highest ranking Azure Enchantments you can get in your Utility Slots. As well, you can get Inscribed Garments from the Zen Store, each piece giving 10% EXP boost (20% total) and the other stats level with you.
    Somebody forgot which forum they are posting on. I wished Xbox had inscribed garments at one time. It still doesn't.
    Not at all, which is apparent if you read my entire post that says "and when Underdark comes." I knew but what I didn't know was that XBOX doesn't yet have inscribed garments.
    edited December 2015

zebular said:

My post was being edited while you replied to clarify about those quests. R.A. Salvatore is of the most famous Forgotten Realms authors who wrote a small quest line specifically for the Underdark expansion.

. . . Writing quest lines? How do you do that? Does it have to do with custom dyes I see?
    R.A. Salvatore is the author of many Forgotten Realms Novels, and much more. His contract with Wizard of the Coast lead him to partner with PWE/Cryptic to write a small adventure for Neverwinter that the developers then transformed into a playable Quest Line that will become available in the Underdark Expansion (aka Module 8). It has nothing to do with dyes. You may be confusing the Tarmalune Tradebar Improvements in Underdark, where most all dyes were places in the Tarmalune Trade Bar Shop for very cheap.

• luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    HI! I saw this thread late. So What I did was is using the Azure when returning the quests.

Let me explain: I have two different equipment parts that have Utility slot (head, hand, feet, belt (Art equip)*, Neck (art equip)*) One the normal Gear where I have what I want/need for the "adventure" and a second one. This second one was the one with all the azure, it doesn't have to be great only needs to have utility slots. You equip it before returning the quests (that's were most of the XP comes from) and equip your other after that.

* There still exists some lvl60 art belts and cloak that you can use to level up 60-70
    Sorry for my English its not my language.
  • xpilosive#4155 xpilosive Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @zephyriah said:
    > It's a topic about the PvE aspects of the game, namely leveling and as such, a Moderator moved it here. General is not a catch-all forum, topics belong there only if they don't belong elsewhere.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh. . . I see what you mean.
    > I just didn't understand because I was also thinking about PVP.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The fastest way to level up is to do quests for your level while wearing the highest ranking Azure Enchantments you can get in your Utility Slots. As well, you can get Inscribed Garments from the Zen Store, each piece giving 10% EXP boost (20% total) and the other stats level with you.
    >
    >
    >
    > Somebody forgot which forum they are posting on. I wished Xbox had inscribed garments at one time. It still doesn't.

Also don't forget about VIP for XP
  • xxttghdxxxxttghdxx Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    inscribed garments,azures in utility slots,booster packs,vip,depends on if your investing money or free to play etc.
    Darth Sidious CW, Darth Maximus GF,Darth Kylo Ren DC,Darth Blaze TR
    Denial
    Officer

Youtube Channel TrashTalkGamingHD:
    https://youtube.com/user/xxstokelad82xx

Twitch tv link below:

https://twitch.tv/trashtalkgaminghd