test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove drains and Ambush/Cowardice rings?

Comments

• pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Yes remove both the drains and Ambush/Cowardice rings
    Won't fix PvP but well...better than nothing.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I think the drains are particularly unfair because 1)You have to be in a mid to high level guild (I am). 2)They take away abilities form other characters, rather than adding to your own: they are invasive.

The rings can be farmed by anyone, and should be fixed. I don't care much about them, though I've never used the discussed ones (only used rings of precision and power.)

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I do agree drains is bad addition to the game, but I haven't noticed people using it much... however when I do, I ensure I will make them regret... :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    icyphish said:

I do agree drains is bad addition to the game, but I haven't noticed people using it much... however when I do, I ensure I will make them regret... :O

icy when i queue with my alt and that is worse when i am trying get gear enemies same item level with me use drains and rings(2-2,7k item level range). IS no excuse their item level. THE weak side was complaining all the time bis stopped using drains and now the weak side use drains?
  • johndoe#0677 johndoe Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The rings help bad players feel better about themselves by gear stomping and undergeared people compete against BIS.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I don't care / I don't know
    its worth mentioning that this week we lost at least 3 old members of the pvp community .... is it time for changes?
    goodbye kroner, goodbye i'm not a trap, goodbye stylin
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    cant think of a game with worse pvp.
  • vader#9834 vader Member Posts: 1 New User
    it's super annoying as a DC just starting out in pvp to be facerolled continuously by someone with one of these rings. I can see using it to get away from someone but to use it to intentionally frag someone, especially someone new, over and over and over. Well, that kills the mood.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    just wondering, does it really matter, since the developers are putting a 60 minute timer on the rings?

That's a whole minute of the person out of stealth which for some classes in PvP is more than enough for them to kill the person.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    morenthar said:

So people still have their panties in a bunch over these rings?

I'm really starting to think that all of the underlying problems have just become too much for some of you to bear.

Fix the underlying problems with PvP and the rings are just another layer of items like any other game employs.

Put yourself out of your misery and quit the game.

Concerned about not being "top-dog" in a new game?

Spent too much money on this game and feel shackled to your investment?

Hoping against hope that they make this game great again?

Looks like a bad relationship. You can't "fix her up." She's gonna cheat on you because that's what she does.

Options:

1. Get cheated on and be okay with it, only to cry that she never comes home when you expect her.

2. Take advantage of her and have your side games.

3. Just walk out of the friggin' door and don't look back.

I'm holding at #2 because I no longer feel the need to take her out to dinner. #3 becomes ever the option as time marches onward.

maybe that´s the best way to go.
    I am fed up being drained and onerotated by ambush GF´s and TR´s/Hunter/CW´s
    no class balance will come, we ask for 1 year and were promised for warlock class
    So in mod 9, I gonna get my rank 2 drains at the start and beat the hell out of those GF´s , TR´s, CW, Hunter from 50 feet distance, going stealth mode again and watch them die
    yes that´s what it´s gonna be like , take advantage as long as possible and enjoy other games, more relaxing ones
    @gomok72 who told you that?

i would expect more something life "we heard your feedback about rings but we think having players both in the forum and in the game is confusing. As a matter of fact we are doing everything in our power to remove them from the game" lol
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Below ARGUMENTS from true PvPers:
    - drains is a part of game
    - i am using drains drains because OP using DP
    - i am using drains drains because i have problems with PvP guilds
    - OMFG! use wards
    - because GF can oneshot me

When i asked about satisfaction in 1vs1 by using drains then they mostly wrote fourth argument.
    morenthar said:

The only thing that are "unfair" are drains.

There is absolutely nothing unfair about the rings. Just players who can't cope with them.

The rings are accessible to everyone if you grind out enough Demogorgon.

The rings are only problematic because of all of the underlying issues with classes.

Don't like The RIng of Ambush? Use a Ring of Vision. It helps, a lot.

TRs mad that other classes can have stealth? Understandable. Go get a RIng of Vision.

are you joking or what?

1) ring of ambush doesnt have a cooldown
    2) ring of vision does have a cooldown
    3) TR general damage is what it is because stealth, other classes now have this priviledge while keeping their tab mechanic and all other goodies..like 60K encounters.
    4) some classes can effectively perma stealth without depletion, keeping their tab and so on... GF and more than anything else CWs.

i do really hope you are joking.
    the only class where indeed that ring changes more or less nothing is TR but still is conceptually wrong.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    No, don't remove the drains and Ambush/Cowardice rings
    Anyone can get these rings... anyone... so why not just keep them.

They are self balancing
    urlord283 said:

Anyone can get these rings... anyone... so why not just keep them.

They are self balancing

according to this... justice is futile because everyone can kill a murderer. you know self balance...
    There is not much to top a perma stealth ring..
    Such an item in every rpg I played the last years was an unique and most powerfull item, hard to obtain
    NWO is a redicules mmo, spreading such things under player....perma stealth 24/7, lol
    We meat each other in mod 9, perma stealth and drains rank 2 on my side hope you enjoy
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I don't think you can remove the ring easily. Changing the behaviour of the ring (which is not exactly easy) is easier than removing the ring, IMO.

To "remove", on top of my head that I can think of:

It needs to remove the ring from every character who has it.
    It needs to extract the enchantment from every ring and put into the inventory properly.
    You need to inform every player properly (not just a thread in the forum) because a ring disappeared in a slot is a big thing.
    How about the salvage value of the ring? Should they be rewarded AD? .......
    Wait! This character has a legendary ring and was obtained after 3000 tries and you just remove it and replace that with just salvage value? What is the proper compensation?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    No, don't remove the drains and Ambush/Cowardice rings
    PVP is complete garabage now, and trust me its not the rings
    i have bad feeling they will remove the ring trying to fix PVP and we wont be able to use them in PVE as well
    average player will lose 100 times and the system will still put him against high level PVP players over and over

if in the past i wholdnt mind trying 1:1 against high level PVP player
    now if someone offer me 5:1. i simply ask him to let me cap 2 times and kill me if it's make him happy

I know once a target is marked by GWF's threatening rush, we will be able to track down the stealthed target (as to those that uses ambush ring), I am not sure if other classes has a similar mechanic that allows them to track down stealthed target?

Either way, like morethar said, there are bigger problems than the stealth rings, such as certain class that hits 150k+ dmg from one daily, or other classes that hits over 200k in a 2 hits rotation or one that is completely invincible 24-7 not being able to take down at all... removing the ambush ring might be good, but the priority is certainly not as high as the ones mentioned above... :O

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    I am just happy I can finally ride on my NCL mount all day long without being disadvantaged!!! :>>>>>>>

Wait until next week when we have 4k lifesteal and deflect rings, healing insignias, and some players with 4k deflect mounts. Those will be even more OP than drains and ambush.

I hope ambush is nerfed to get a cooldown, but it´s not my biggest problem.
    I met invincable TR´s even before these rings existed, timing their dodge dodge - ITC - dodge dodge -Bloodbath - dodge doge ...wtf. next... perfectly
    Ambush GF´s are morons imo.

but 4k deflect rings, really? Did noot read about that.