test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coal Wards on PC

2»

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    "To speak to this further, one of our guidelines for putting items into in-game stores is to never allow that exact item to also exist in the Zen Market. Doing so can create confusion, as well as introduce perceived equivalencies that aren’t actually true. We made a mistake when allowing these items to exist in both the Trade Bar store and the Zen Market. Though Coalescent Wards and Preservation Wards did exist (at a higher price) in the Trade Bar store before, our attempt to make them more prominent and significantly cheaper had a large negative impact on the in-game economy. We really thought this would be a positive change, but we were wrong and we apologize for taking them away now." --From XBOX forum

So, they have watched the data for almost 3 years on PC and determined the TBar Coal Wards were a fail *now*??? When was this new rule enacted??? Note that hey could have raised prices again on the Coal wards without removing them entirely.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

First, they came for our leadership AD, and I did not care. Then, they came for our Bind on Equip, and I still didn't care. But then they came for the XBox's coal wards, and holy heck is it fun to watch a company commit suicide via stupidity! "Well, now that we've stabbed ourselves in the foot, we should fix things by shooting ourselves in the face." Is there some sort of Virtual Darwin Awards?

The Darwin Award applies to anything humans run or do in stupidity

So yes Cryptic does deserve a Darwin Award

AND SO the player base of Neverwinter proudly announce that the first recipient of 2016 of the Darwin Award goes to?

Cryptic

Kirk eyes a young female romulan put on her EV suit then her head dissapears.

Kirk : My god bones...her head is gone :eek:

Mccoy : DAMNIT JIM!! im a doctor not a game developer
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Do I want Coal to be removed from the Tbar store, NO

But at even 75 Tbars per Ward and 5 Tbars a day it is really no big deal

Because I can get so few at a time

This may stop Power creep.

Urlord
  • aettthornaettthorn Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

Do I want Coal to be removed from the Tbar store, NO

But at even 75 Tbars per Ward and 5 Tbars a day it is really no big deal

Because I can get so few at a time

This may stop Power creep.

Urlord

It may stop power creep for new players, but not for anyone that already has things upgraded. Basically, it just made it harder for new players to catch up. Well, actually, just more expensive, which is what the Devs were going for. This isn't a good move for the players, and the Devs THINK that it will be good for their bottom line.

Instead of giving players new things to spend money on, they just raised the prices to get the stuff they could already get.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Idk which is worse

Bernie Madoff

or

Cryptic Studios
    Kirk eyes a young female romulan put on her EV suit then her head dissapears.

Kirk : My god bones...her head is gone :eek:

Mccoy : DAMNIT JIM!! im a doctor not a game developer
  • dexxvvdexxvv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Man.... I'm sooooo sad that I bought Zen with my real money :/ after this "update" I'll probably just log in, invoke and leave. It's enough for me, they're keep making things harder and longer. Time to check out new games .
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User

Boy was I wrong....

I wish you weren't.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, too bad that we don't have something like MS backing us on the PC side...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    regenerde said:

The only thing we've really got is Wizards of the Coast, the holders of the IP, and they largely don't care what happens here as long as they get their licensing fees. If this somehow blew back on the larger D&D brand then, maybe, they'd take some kind of action but that's the only way they'd move.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited February 2016

regenerde said:

The only thing we've really got is Wizards of the Coast, the holders of the IP, and they largely don't care what happens here as long as they get their licensing fees. If this somehow blew back on the larger D&D brand then, maybe, they'd take some kind of action but that's the only way they'd move.
    I don't think that anything will happen, it will go the same way as the "AD Changes", no matter what feedback we provide...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
This discussion has been closed.