test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store (Xbox One)

Comments

• Options
    legendxkillalegendxkilla Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This hasn't been confirmed for PS4 yet has it? I'd like to think that if the PS were getting Neverwinter, it would have been released by now.
  • Options
    l5rshugenjal5rshugenja Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    BE AWARE: Trade bars in the shared bank apparently have a limit of 10,000. I deposited 16,000 and 6k of them went poof. I've submitted a ticket. We'll see how that goes. No warning on it at all, the game lets you do the deposit. Don't lose the trade bars and risk not getting them back!
  • Options
    darthneutrondarthneutron Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Unknown the adminstrator keeps showing up in forum but no post, just in case any else sees something i cant or if the unknown adminstrator been trying to post for last 6 hours
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the heads up on yet another trade bar problem. Wont effect me till issues resolved with ward and gems tab in store, actually has wards, nothing else really needed for my mains, maybe blood rubies be nice. Sucks to VIP 12 but treated like a homeless gamer. Now i am just david carradine wondering the earth looking for answers and better gaming.
  • Options
    dispicable25dispicable25 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just let me say that I was very frustrated with the last minute changes. I took a week off of vacation for the Underdark release, and the proposed weekend events. To my frustration, vital refinement is removed and weekend events are erased. Now on a week when I will be out of town, now you schedule a different event. The calendar is there for a reason, and believe it or not, people plan around it. This has completely changed my opinion of the game. I think a great opportunity was lost to really promote excitement about neverwinter, and recruit new gamers, instead you have lost a lot of ground with a large number of once dedicated players.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Sooo, folks at Cryptic/Arc/PWE do you get it, we arent accepting this. Try plan B.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    boondoc0 said:

mod 9 is pretty much the lowest effort they could put in and still call it an update. instead of spending the energy to make them epic dungeons they spent that time making them "prettier". but don't forget the new mount system coming in mod 9.

"btw look at all these neat mounts you can get from the zen store!" -cryptic

They brought out the footgun on that one, too, by making the zen mounts have half the stats of the lockbox mount. Example: Epic Axe-Beak (Lockbox), 4k ArPen. Epic White Tiger (4000 Zen), 2k ArPen.

Unless they're going to nerf the existing lockbox mounts?

• Options
    codenie#3846 codenie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yes, there are less people in Neverwinter :smile: do that till they do what they promissed and a bigger bonus for our frustration!
    Don't forget, spend no single dollar in the game till we recieved the promises.
    and we never want to hear anymore: "sorry we make a mistake" (and stick with it) yes you make a mistake and you must learn from it not us!
    so give the promises
    thanks
  • Options
    codenie#3846 codenie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Or .... they cheat on us..... maybe its time that we ...... on them!
  • Options
    boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    zak3056 said:

boondoc0 said:

mod 9 is pretty much the lowest effort they could put in and still call it an update. instead of spending the energy to make them epic dungeons they spent that time making them "prettier". but don't forget the new mount system coming in mod 9.

"btw look at all these neat mounts you can get from the zen store!" -cryptic

They brought out the footgun on that one, too, by making the zen mounts have half the stats of the lockbox mount. Example: Epic Axe-Beak (Lockbox), 4k ArPen. Epic White Tiger (4000 Zen), 2k ArPen.

Unless they're going to nerf the existing lockbox mounts?

from my understanding, if you pull one of the epic 4k mounts before mod 9 it'll be tagged as (legacy) and will still have 4k stats. if you pull one after mod 9, the former 4k epic mount mounts will only have 2k stats.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User

This hasn't been confirmed for PS4 yet has it? I'd like to think that if the PS were getting Neverwinter, it would have been released by now.

Dunno about ps4 maybe someone should warn them how this company treats players.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    A couple people that i have become friends with since gaming on neverwinter for almost a year where going to start a guild on playstation with our game knowledge. Now probably not worth the time and effort.
  • Options
    Was gonna buy zen this morning, then the funniest thing happened: I didn't.

C wards in the trade bar shop would have made you guys a few hundred today, and that's assuming I am the only one holding out. *looks around the thread* doesn't look like it.
  • Options
    therealmackyttherealmackyt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm a fairly casual player who has paid actual British Pounds for Zen to buy a few bits and bobs, but as yet I do not have a great need for coal wards or blood rubies as even my primary toon (of four) only has level 7/8 enchants and rare/epic artifacts. However, I was very much hoping that the double AD event that was advertised on the calendar last weekend was going to help me with that. I have been saving resources for weeks to capitalise on the AD event in order to crank up some of my ench's and artifacts which would, in turn, have led to my certain need for coal wards etc.

In a nutshell, the unannounced (and as yet unacknowledged and unexplained) removal of the AD event is what has damaged my immediate enjoyment of the game the most. In turn, it has severely damaged your chances of getting any more cash out of me in the near future. Without the influx of AD from the event to buy refinement stones for my ench and artifacts there is no way I am going to need any coals from the Zen market any time soon.

I am disappointed that a relatively low-level player like me has felt the effects of the loss of the AD weekend knowing full well that it was just a small change within the larger bait and switch process you employed over the last week to screw over the much higher level players. Additionally, it concerns me that, again, I am directly feeling the effects of your decisions as I can't even get on the game today to invoke as you seem to be getting DDoS'd for your actions.

I also absolutely agree with all the posters above me that people genuinely do plan their own lives (to a degree) around the events advertised in the calendar and also allow it to affect their gameplay habits (pooling resources, grinding certain levels etc.) in the weeks leading up to it. As such, the removal of this event feels like a severe lack of respect for our personal time that we have especially put aside to participate in said event. The fact that there has not even been so much as a statement about it is just a massive bird-flip imo. X
  • Options
    ragingpheonix00ragingpheonix00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So in the end you choose to give one platform one thing and take it from the other for no real reason.
  • Options
    xblagardenofedenxblagardenofeden Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I've been around after getting shafted out of a free courtsan outfit I'm not really suprised by this underhanded lie. Now that this affects everyone not just loyal gamers from the start almost everyone is mad. There were signs snd warning of how bad they treat us as customers on the xbox the issue was: *Only certain people were affected its not going to happen to me* state of mind didn't help the playerbase either . Their support is trash and mostly interested in getting your money yet people didn't question and supported this game
  • Options
    deadanarchy692deadanarchy692 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    @johnsmith, very very nice.
  • Options
    eastx21eastx21 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Does anyone have a link to PWE explicitly stating that the Wards would receive a price drop on Xbox One as part of the Underdark expansion?
  • Options
    jonathan#7014 jonathan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yeah dont put more the 10 000 bar in shared bank it would be a lost and they cant track it ...
  • Options
    johnsmith#6289 johnsmith Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2016

eastx21 said:

Does anyone have a link to PWE explicitly stating that the Wards would receive a price drop on Xbox One as part of the Underdark expansion?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9624953-developer-blog:-improved-trade-bar-store

Here you go, crystal clear. 5th bullet in.

Hello again adventurers, game designer Douglas Miller here. In my last blog I discussed upcoming improvements to artifact weapon refinement. Today I’m here to talk about a major overhaul of the Trade Bar Store.

This overhaul has been a long time coming as the trade bar store has been neglected almost since the launch of Neverwinter. Trade bars are a currency found in lockboxes, meant to provide you with access to additional rewards, above and beyond what you might have already received. They can also serve as a second chance at a rare artifact or a key to exciting and unique rewards.

With this update, we’re making some big changes and improvements to that store. Here’s a brief overview of the changes coming:

Epic mounts from prior lockboxes will be added to the store. Moving forward, we’ll continue to add newer mounts to the trade bar store with every lockbox release.
    Uncommon versions of all companions and artifacts from prior lockboxes will be added to the trade bar store. When upgraded they’ll be exactly the same strength and quality as those found in lockboxes.
    All fashion and dyes will be moved to the trade bar store.
    Lesser health stones and scrolls of mass life will be moved to the trade bar store.
    Prices are being reduced across the board on existing items. Coalescent wards for instance will now be sold for 75 trade bars, down from 200.
    The trade bar store may now be accessed from anywhere via the riches tab of your inventory.
    Trade bars may now be transferred between your characters freely via the account wide bank.
    I hate to point this out since I totally agree Xbox got a bum deal but that is the PC Blog.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9780953-neverwinter-xbox-one:-underdark-patch-notes

Here is an announcement where it clearly says that and that the Xbox version of the TB Store might not be the same.
    This line "(As this is a PC blog, things may differ in the actual Trade Bar Store on Xbox)" was changed on 2/8, one day before the launch. You can see it at the top of the document. This line did not exist prior to the day before the launch. So up until a day before, after they had already opened a Sale, and taken money for their announcement, they then changed the deal. They linked to the previous communication where it was laid out as law with no changes in mind. Whether intentional or not, they created a fraud situation and have not delivered on the promises. Regardless of their desires, at this point, they have to honor what was promised or accept legal impacts. Anyone who argues with that simply doesn't understand how these things work. They are trying to prevent having to do that, but, if they are pushed, they really have no choice but to comply because the penalties over this kind of an issue over multiple countries will be catastrophic.
  • Options
    I check and read my bookmarked post hourly, surfing the web. Just checking in with the abused and angry neverwinter nation.
  • Options
    forthecrits#7391 forthecrits Member Posts: 11 New User
    The numbers in players dropped huge with this scandal. Not interested in playing besides getting on for my guild to help guildies. Other than that been playing diablo, division and waiting for Overwatch(blizzards first person shooter).

As I said, I'll sale my 9 coalescent wards at half the market price and zen prices. I also can work a deal on my 20K tradebars for any items you want at half the AH prices to help pay for
  • Options
    eastx21eastx21 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Windows Central has posted an in-depth article on the Trade Bat Store controversy. Please check it out and share via social media:

http://www.windowscentral.com/neverwinter-underdark-controversy
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

The numbers in players dropped huge with this scandal. Not interested in playing besides getting on for my guild to help guildies. Other than that been playing diablo, division and waiting for Overwatch(blizzards first person shooter).

As I said, I'll sale my 9 coalescent wards at half the market price and zen prices. I also can work a deal on my 20K tradebars for any items you want at half the AH prices to help pay for

Please you cant sell these items they are Bound to account, short of selling your live account how do you propose to sell stuff that is BOA? do you even play this game?
  • Options
    kingkali1989kingkali1989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    eastx21 said:

Windows Central has posted an in-depth article on the Trade Bat Store controversy. Please check it out and share via social media:

http://www.windowscentral.com/neverwinter-underdark-controversy

Thanks for the Link
  • Options
    A good read, though author missed a few things. The promised portobello of wards was 75, and that weekend had double enchants and runestones as well. He probably knew and just didn't include them though, like cryptic did, only with less evil in his heart.
  • Options

@strumslinger I had an elaborate plan of maxing out my hunter ranger and putting a dent in my new paladin. I even set aside to pay a portion of your salary to buy some blood rubies to help out! @strumslinger bit since this is originally a pc blog and not an Xbox one

I decided that my money will be taken out your company's economy because I want parity between my bank account and some other purchases I plan on making. I but I will make it up to you by spending my tradebars on a couple useless dye packs and I will consider my integration for Xbox to be completed. What do you fellas think?

haha..best post yet! can't stop laughing; thank you for that. Although I don't hold strumslinger responsible at all. he's just the messenger.

Question:

Does anyone on here recall if the cost to upgrade companions was supposed to become more affordable as well? Was this just a rumor or another broken promise?
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Only if they don't bind on Pick up from the Trade house, everyone I ever got from there was bound to me the instance I collected it, so would love to hear how you get around that, or get around the Tradebars which bind to you the instant you get them (until now you could not even move them between characters so how exactly would you achieve that)?
    The only ones I know of that could ever be traded were the ones you buy with Zen from the Zen store.
    If what you are suggesting is possible then anything bound to account isn't so can be traded right?
  • Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    all i can add to what has been said is this..

with the changes to the trade bar store, there are maybe 1-2 items i want, the rest i dont see a need for as i only run one character at 70, and it would just be too insane to try to lvl another (and all artifacts/ equipment) to there for a casual player like me.

im going to just play for fun. and hope this weekend event is double refinement, and enchantments ; )

Happy Adventuring
This discussion has been closed.