test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store (Xbox One)

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    It seems the changes have 'fixed' the in game economy of AD to Zen exchange rates with xbox going up and up 220+ ad to zen. I think that means there is a Zen shortage now as it was 125AD/Zen two weeks ago.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Change your minds yet and decide to give us back what was promised? Or are you looking for more ways to screw over the paying customer?
  • mrwupazzmrwupazz Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    They should at a minimum lower the cost of CW....5-10 for 1000 Zen would be a way more reasonable cost. People might actually buy some. I really could never see spending 1000 Zen for one though, and I have spent way more than i care to admit on this game
  • Lol, almost all the people who were saying this will not blow over seem to have let it blow over. Not I. Still no purchasing of coal wards until they are in the trade bar merchant. Our C wards fund is now up to $600.00.
  • darthneutrondarthneutron Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Most the people are just monitoring and reading forums. Wallets still shut thou, or moved on to better things. Still sickens and dissapoints to no end. Tramalune bar and double events removal will go down in gaming history as the greatest customer relation mistake ever.
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    On page 8 I said I got my Perfect Vorpal back with using only 8 CWs. Some banana guy didn't understand how that's possible and raged out like a little boy on me so I explained it to him and I will explain it here as well:

What I said was: "On top of that I got the FREE x11 Coalescent Wards so I just bought Shards of Vorpals from the auction hourse and refined them and got my Perfect Vorpal back now. I counted all the costs and it cost me 1.3 million AD to get it back."

I never said I refined them all from scratch. Of course I bought Lesser Vorpals or a Vorpal (can't remember) so I don't need to waste ALL of my CWs with the shards. I spent 8 CWs to get that Perfect. Here's an example so you understand how it works:

x4 Shards + 1 CW = Lesser Vorpal
    Lesser Vorpal + Lesser Vorpal + 1 CW = Vorpal

Lesser Vorpal + Lesser Vorpal + 1 CW = Vorpal

At this point I have used a total of 6 CWs

Vorpal + Vorpal + 1 CW = Greater Vorpal

At this point I have used a total of 7 CWs

Now I bought another Greater Vorpal from the auction house

Greater + Greater + 1 CW = Perfect Vorpal

Now I have used a total of 8 CWs and I have a Perfect Vorpal again.

Like I said: "I counted all the costs and it cost me 1.3 million AD to get it back"
    Meaning that I spent that 1.3 million AD to buy the Greater Vorpal and the shards from the auction house.
  • rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    You could have sold 11 CW for 200k each and bought a pure...
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Coalescent Wards given were bound...so no he couldn't
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

I wonder about some posters on here who seem to not even know the basic facts of these issues and the in game restrictions applied.
  • boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    mahburg said:

I wonder about some posters on here who seem to not even know the basic facts of these issues and the in game restrictions applied.
    i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's saying "if they hadn't screwed us, you could have bought coals in the tradebar store and sold them in the ah and then bought a pure for what you paid for a perfect"
  • vdeekvvdeekv Member Posts: 77 Arc User

I guess these must be standard equipment for all Cryptic/PWE employes...

• unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Any news on the return of c wards? Or do the devs not even open this thread anymore? Scratch that last question, I already know the answer.

And lol, btw, on that giant post of "we've had our ups and downs, but we are here for the community" strumslinger. Cryptic has made it very clear that they don't give a Magikrap about community desires by not handling the trade bar issue. Cryptic lies to us. Nobody is looking forward to your updates because they are afraid that the words you state verbatim (such as great decrease in astral cost of guild upgrade) will instead be the opposite (requirements increased 3000%) because that is how you have trained us. We see coal wards in that trade bar shop and it'll move from hostility to a smidgen of trust. We'll see you keep your ward (pun, haha) even if it takes time.

And for the love of all that is holy, if you aren't going to add them back, at least take then 2 minutes to update the menu that STILL says "wards" every time you open it.

Oh, and those class adjusments, any way we can know what they are so we don't spend our one in 2 million xp chance at a power point upgrading something you will nerf into uselessness?
    No response? Looks like everyone else has given up on getting customer service from you guys. Unfortunate that you are getting away with your lies due to laziness.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    They think it has been forgotten^
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    meh, I doubt they think it's been forgotten but they're probably too busy trying to figure out how to save their player base about now. the price of astrals had already skyrocketed right after this. meaning way less people are buying zen but after the division dropped today it skyrocketed up another 30 ad per zen. they have to be losing money. not sure how they think they are going to retain player base pulling stunts like this one with new games coming out.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

meh, I doubt they think it's been forgotten but they're probably too busy trying to figure out how to save their player base about now. the price of astrals had already skyrocketed right after this. meaning way less people are buying zen but after the division dropped today it skyrocketed up another 30 ad per zen. they have to be losing money. not sure how they think they are going to retain player base pulling stunts like this one with new games coming out.

Yep Dloading the Division as soon as I get home today.
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

Listen people. All togehter. If.you dont leave the game because yi fell scamered by this fraudulent company, let do the following;

Dont buy any zen with real.money the next 2 weeks.

They did all this HAMSTER to make you buy zen quickly to upgrade your toon. They havent had you any other choice with this coalgate.

They made you sold your enchantments, they made you spend all you ad to buy zen to open lockbox to save tradebars. They made you get vip 12 for nothing in this mod 9. They made all this...they quit double ad.

They made all this with a simple target. Now you only way to upgrading is buying their coal and rubies with real money because you are in a hurry......

DONT DO THAT. DONT BUY ANY ZEN IN 2 WEEKS!!! BE STRONG ALL TOGETHER

Next two weeks? Just don't buy zen with real money ever.
  • misanthropyxmisanthropyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    neverhave neverwill
    We have not forgotten #ColGate

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    #Colgate never forget, always remember.
    Cold Blooded lost 50 members, thanks again for your parity. Been a real useful tool I bet. #Colgate will live on even after the #ColWedding which so many live adventurers were lost to unprovoked B.S.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • duane#4340 duane Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @telprydain said:
    > I like this.... Honestly, communication was always the biggest issue here and 10 free wards is going to be a appreciated.
    >
    > One thing though - I'd love more honest, open talk and less business speak. This is how you talk to shareholders, not gamers. What I got out of this was: * We decided not to give these to Xbox after it was rolled out to PCs, hence the old info
    >
    > *
    >
    > * The biggest worry we had was that AD farmers would use wards as new currency for transferring wealth.
    >
    > *
    >
    > * Also the wards are the only thing ya'll actually buy for cash
    >
    > *
    >
    > * PC need it because their AH sells them for heaps, whereas yours are often under 100k
    >
    > *
    >
    > * We were, like, REAL bad with the communication though.
    >
    > *
    >
    > * And now, we will buy your love.
    >
    >
    > I'm down with that. Just say what you mean, and mean what you say. The haters will hate - but as you can see above, they were never going to be happy given what you felt you needed to do to maintain the Xbox economy. So don't even try to please them - just lay it out, tell us the hard truth... and in the name of all that is holy, don't promote something until you know it's 100% doable.
    >
    > I'm off to enjoy more Underdark.

no there not they are way higher in ah on xbox
  • moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    This had been an unmitigated PR disaster for them.

They gave a few wards away to a few people (Annoying not myself as I didn't have any bars to qualify) but no-one is happy. You only need to look at the rising AD to Zen price to see that people aren't spending what they were on the game.

The easy option is to say sorry, we screwed up. Then place everything in the trade store as they promised. Make the items bound to account only if they're so worried about the items being sold on but they need to do something & quickly.

A lot of people love this game & have invested time & money in it, but it feels like we're being pushed away. Sort it out......
  • codenie#2141 codenie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Come on Perfect World Entertaiment, bring the colward to the tb! More and more people leave the game, the guilds are almost dead.
    people with no guild come to Templar Noir.
  • slagbottomslagbottom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    To top it off, they are making their new content level 60. What are level 70s who have finished the campaigns supposed to do? Constantly grinding the same stuff all the time is BORING. Going to lose a lot of people to that, too...
  • nowsleepynowsleepy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well, I guess we're not getting an easier way to earn coal wards.

Personally, I don't mind grinding for AD then exchanging them for Zen to get what I want. I haven't exchanged any AD for awhile though, because the rate is way too high, so I'm sitting on a bunch. Once the rate drops I'll get some Zen and coal wards. I'm patient. I'm also a day one player on XB1.

Here's my take on this issue- it's too bad that we (the players who support this game) were lied to and ignored. I get it- it's a business and these guys need to make ALL the money, not just most of it, just like every other business that exists. It was a dirty move, and it destroyed a lot of the good will that the PR team worked hard to build. Obviously the boycott and the class-action lawsuit didn't work (lol).

Every time there's a fundamental change to the economy- leadership nerf, coal wards, whatever happens next- all I can think of is Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons yelling "No, no, no! You're playing it wrong! You need to pay to play this free game! Why won't you listen!" None of us are playing it wrong- we're playing the game as it was created. Not our fault the devs want us to run more dungeons, etc.

Anyway, I almost quit due to the tb fiasco, but I really do enjoy a lot of things about this game. However, I did quit reporting third party AD sellers that spam chat. It's not up to me to police their game anymore.

My real money wallet is firmly closed until leadership is restored and coal wards are in the tb store. I'll leave once invocation is nerfed. I probably play this game too much anyway, and really should just move on.

Happy 1st year anniversary!
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

On Tuesday, February 10, the Coalescent Wards, Preservations Wards and Blood Rubies were removed from the Trade Bar Store in the Xbox One version of Neverwinter. We wanted to go over why the decision was made and the process of communicating this change to the community.

First off, let’s discuss the communication. We as a company failed to distribute this information before we made the change. For that, we apologize. It has always been our desire to be transparent with the community in an effort to ensure that you have the necessary information for our game. However, this change wasn’t something that was planned and withheld. Both the PC and Xbox version operate in different ways especially in regards to their economies. Similar to real-world economies, there are highs and lows mixed with hundreds of variables. In this particular situation, we made the decision to remove the wards and rubies late in the cycle of our communication and after we already communicated the previous changes that were available in the PC version of Underdark. This last minute change did not give us the opportunity to distribute that message to the players before the launch of our expansion. In the future, we will work towards giving a larger timeframe to properly communicate this message to you.

Similar to the adjustments that we made with the AD economy, our team is in the process of doing a holistic review of how players are interacting with our economy as a whole. Our investigation is focused on reviewing every variable to look for areas of abuse through either exploitation or fraud, whether through paid currency or achievable in-game currency. The removal of these items was due to a large influx in habits that we have been following from exploiters, who have been obtaining these items and redistributing them as currency for other purposes. To be very clear though, we do not want to discuss our economy in absolutes. There could always be adjustments or exceptions based on how players are interacting with the changes to our in-game systems. This is why Coalescent and Preservation Wards are still available through systems like Invocation.

To speak to this further, one of our guidelines for putting items into in-game stores is to never allow that exact item to also exist in the Zen Market. Doing so can create confusion, as well as introduce perceived equivalencies that aren’t actually true. We made a mistake when allowing these items to exist in both the Trade Bar store and the Zen Market. Though Coalescent Wards and Preservation Wards did exist (at a higher price) in the Trade Bar store before, our attempt to make them more prominent and significantly cheaper had a large negative impact on the in-game economy. We really thought this would be a positive change, but we were wrong and we apologize for taking them away now.

Through this process, and since the launch of our game, community feedback has been paramount to how we perceive our game. We understand that several of you were upset with the changes and want to reiterate that we do not intend to hinder your play experience. We’re gamers too and we review our decisions through the lens of our own gaming habits. We will continue to review our system, but in the meantime we would like to make good on communication. Although we cannot return the removed items from our Trade Bar store, we would like to offer each of our players the following:

• We are going to look into our player data for those who had 200+ Trade Bars total in their account at the time of our Underdark launch. That means if one character had 197 Trade Bars and another had 3, the account would be treated as though it had 200. For those accounts, we will give out one Coalescent Ward for every 200 Trade Bars that you had in your inventory at the time of launch. The reason we need to use the old pricing is that we are still reviewing the in-game economy as a whole. For this reason, we are also going to cap the maximum amount of wards at 10 Coalescent Wards per eligible individual. You will NOT be charged Trade Bars for this transaction. This is a gift.
    • We will also be delivering a free pack to ALL existing accounts that includes: one Coalescent Ward, one Blood Ruby and five Preservation Wards.
    • Finally, we are going to consider our community goals for Neverwinter on Xbox One accomplished.
    In regards to when we will deliver these items, we are in the process of making them available for accounts as described above. Based on our current estimations, we expect to have all of these gifts go out within the next week. We will be updating everyone on the status of the update as we get closer to release.

We hope you continue to deliver feedback for our team. We are listening to you every time that you post on the forums, Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. You are a critical part of our game and your feedback is important to us.
    "Finally, we are going to consider our community goals for Neverwinter on Xbox One accomplished."

You mean destroyed, right.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • livefast1#9341 livefast1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Well I'm a four month player. Enjoyed my Time in neverwinter very much. However. I agree with most posts on this forum. I have grinded so much to get to IL 2500 . Spending the occasional 20$. By enforcing coalgate, u have discouraged mid lvl gamers. ( people who spend money but not tons ). You have made us bored with your month long grinds. an upgrade could easily take a month to get. What do mid level gamers do when they get bored? THEY FIND A NEW GAME!!!!! Respect our feedback for once. No one wants to grind for months for plus 20 IL.
    Can I have your stuff? ;p
This discussion has been closed.