test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store (Xbox One)

Comments

• Options
    whiger1whiger1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    You stole even 20k astral diamond un m'y account why ? Now that you scrap the game you stole people i dont even buy nothing for 1/week accumulation astral diamond you are obvious
  • Options
    chaossweetcornchaossweetcorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    it wont let me open the doc... judging by the reactions its a good thing lol
  • Options
    steamydogmasteamydogma Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    From the new statement above...

"To speak to this further, one of our guidelines for putting items into in-game stores is to never allow that exact item to also exist in the Zen Market. Doing so can create confusion,"

From the developer blog, improved trade bar store..

"Starting with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark there will be a transition period where those items will be available in both the Trade Bar Store and the Zen Market."

Going against your own guidelines!!!!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016

From the new statement above...

"To speak to this further, one of our guidelines for putting items into in-game stores is to never allow that exact item to also exist in the Zen Market. Doing so can create confusion,"

From the developer blog, improved trade bar store..

"Starting with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark there will be a transition period where those items will be available in both the Trade Bar Store and the Zen Market."

Going against your own guidelines!!!!

Rofl. They better check the PC tradebar store and zen market. What a crock of you know what.

If pres wards and coal wards weren't in the tradebar store on PC no one would be able to afford weapon/armor enchants.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    xxcptiswahrxxxxcptiswahrxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2016
    Just a hint.... Community Goals... hmm.. looks like it was almost the same as of what we'll get as an apology (just without coul wards)
    Could just be my Misunterstanding of course ;)
  • Options
    dougie62dougie62 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have always thought that $10 for a Coalescent Ward was ridiculous, especially for a game that is supposed to be playable for free. B.S.!!! At least with the Trade Bar Market you had a chance of getting other things out of lockboxes. Essentially you are fleecing gamers by taking this action. You have made it impossible for most people to ever upgrade their Enchantments etc. I also agree that by constantly changing the game to make it more profitable for ARC you are committing a fraud against your fans.

I am not sure how much patience I have you, ARC. I have dumped a considerable amount of time and money into this game and now it all seems wasted. Perhaps it is time to move on. I will definitely be filing a complaint with X-Box/M.S.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    1 period for that entire rant?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    xenium88xenium88 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Wow, I've never heard so much whining over a free game. If you're putting that much money into it you're a loser, plain and simple. Thank you Neverwinter for such a HAMSTER game. Thank you for the gift as well. Keep up the good work.

How are people that put money into the game losers? Your logic is terrible.

I'm going to break it down for you as simple as it can get.

1: People spend their money where they want to. Some people choose games, clothes, food, hair products, tobacco, alcohol etc. Just because people put money into a game does not make them a loser.

2. Let's say you saw a product that was advertised for it's new everyday low price at $10.99 USD. When you get to the store to purchase said product, the store decides to say no the price of this product is $24.99 USD. Any logical person would know that this isn't right. (By your logic, I think you get taken for every dime you have). The store offers you a max of 10 free products, based on the number of purchases in the past. The store also says, after this you have to pay $24.99. Both of you know, that you are going to need more than 10 free products.

Doesn't sound really fair now, does it?

3. You took the time out of your day to complain about the people complaining. As well as basically cheering on the store that just ripped you off. Brilliant.

Have a good day! :D
  • Options
    deadanarchy692deadanarchy692 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Reported to xbox live for scaming and fraudulent advertising practices, I am not impressed at all.
    I will not be putting in another dime and waiting for my vip to run out.

bait-and-switch
    noun
    the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
    "a bait-and-switch scheme"
  • Options
    hey#7807 hey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am requesting a refund from Xbox and asking your game be removed from xbox and that we get a different mmo because ARC is a bunch of lying thieves. You did this because you want us to spend more money on your outragously priced zen. so everyway we are able to earn anything ARC takes it away and says nothing like they did now. Coal wards rubies suspensions, they act like a criminal organization. Thieves liars and cheats scoundrels hooligans bunch of frikkin jerks i hope to god you are removed from xbox u frikkin crooks this is solely about you guys forcing us to buy zen. If you put half that focus into your game and not ripping off your customers your game would work and you'd be making money like you want to and your customers would be happy. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pour customer service mixed with poor work ethic and terrible management team = NVWXBOX. THANKS FOR RUINING YOUR GAME
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    BOOOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    You call my guild a top PvE Guild in your twitch stream the other night hmmmmm well i could hardly fill a 5 man group to run your content last night. So many of us have been buzzing the new Mod with all the possibilities and ya go and bottleneck everyone of us. These stupid decisions have ill affects on the entire player base. I've said this almost a dozen time from your shenanigans here Crytic and PWE QUIT BITING THE HANDS THAT LITERALLY FEED YOU! Bandages only help if you clean the dressed wound not pound dirt into it put a bandage on it and let it fester. SMMFH...
    Post edited by zman81420 on
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    gilesdpgilesdp Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm done.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    So the Stall and Wait it out strategy failed, and it appears that "lets give them the minimum we can get away with" strategy is not faring much better mmm
    Consults the Oracle of Neverwinter for likely outcomes: sees more darkness and more spirit beings departing for pastures new :)
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I imagine a high up Executive sent out an email resembling something like this:

"Hey guys, we need to maximize our income. I have a 3 step plan to do so, it goes like this:

Step 1: Tell people buying keys to open boxes will be sexy and rewarding with the new tradebar store! Watch them spend lots of Ad/Zen and make themselves poor.

Step 2: Remove the Double AD event that has been posted on the calendar for 3-4 weeks. Ensuring these newly poor people have no way to dig themselves out of the hole they just found themselves in.

Step 3: Put Zen on sale. Lets see how many people are going to spend actual $ to dig themselves out!

Mauauauahaaaa!!!!"

Something like that
  • Options
    obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So to continue with my "truck" analogy...

Now we get the tires to the truck, but they're only good for 100 miles...

After that you're on your own...

Neat :/
  • Options
    legendxkillalegendxkilla Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This goes way beyond money or Rubies or wards. What annoys me and many other people who play this game, is the fact that you fail to appreciate the most important thing we give to this game, which is our time.

Money you can always replace. Our time is gone forever. Your acknowledgement of capped wards is a complete smack in the teeth. I would have respected you guys more if you had come out and said "we f****d up" and left it at that. Instead you come out with all these business terms that mean nothing to gamers, but in the next sentence you claim to be "gamers just like us".

The reason so many people are complaining is they love your game.
  • Options
    ragnarokfpsragnarokfps Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    A message to the developers, and anyone else who partook in this entire debacle surrounding the removal of Coalescent Wards from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant:

I immediately feel better about the developers and playing the game when I read that they will give us Coal Wards based on the amount of Trade Bars we had at Underdark launch. I had bought many keys with Zen, and ended up with several thousand Trade Bars. I did that in anticipation of the Coal Ward price drop. I wanted to finally get a P Vorpal, and make a few extra Diamonds.

So at least the misstep on the developer's part has been addressed to at least a somewhat reasonable degree. I am peeved that they have not said that Coal Wards will go back to the Trade Bar Merchant though. This screw up and bad decision to remove the Coal Ward from the Trade Bar store will significantly increase the price of high end enchantments, which are already obscenely expensive.

One thing that is especially repugnant is the fact that all players get hit by attacks from the Developers that are aimed at the exploiters and botters, cheaters etc. Making all players suffer in an attempt to eliminate cheaters is a massive failure. I'm assuming here that the removal of the Coal Wards is an attempt to hinder the cheaters/exploiters. Why make us suffer because of the actions of a few bad players? The removal is an incorrect moral judgement, in my opinion. They should be back on the Trade Bar Merchant for sale at 75, or at least 200.

The Original Post by an Administrator said that they had made a mistake by having Wards on both the Zen Market and the Trade Bar Store. How long had these Wards been available on both of these stores? Why was this alleged problem not addressed YEARS ago? Why is it even a problem at all? What other solutions can be found to this supposed issue that do not negatively impact the entire gaming community?

Why aren't we getting Coalescent Wards at the price (75 Bars) that they had been advertised as since October last year? Why at 200 still? Doesn't it make sense to deliver on your promises? We bought our Zen with the intent of getting Coal Wards at 75 bars each, not at 200 each. We wouldn't have bought Zen just to get Coal Wards at 200, its the price drop that spurred us to spend money on your game again. You should make good on what you said you guys were going to do. Now I'm sitting here with a bunch of extra Trade Bars, FAR less Coalescent Wards than what I had intended to buy (have several thousand Bars). What am I supposed to do with these Trade Bars? I don't need or want ANY of that new stuff on the Trade Bar Merchant, I only wanted the Coal Wards in order to make my enchantments. I couldn't care less about anything else that isn't a Coalescent Ward from that Merchant. So I've still spent a LOT or Zen on getting Trade Bars, and I'm going to wind up with significantly less Coalescent Wards than what I would have been able to get had they actually been for sale at 75 Bars like you guys told us they were going to be for MONTHS?
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I see some arguments that we won't be able to afford to upgrade stuff without wards in the trade bar merchant. I don't understand why people think the wards from the trade bar merchant even at a reduced price are a good deal. From what I have seen, the average drop rate of the trade bars is about 4-5 per lockbox, and opening boxes costs zen in the form of keys, if you have to open about 15 boxes (give or take) to get 75 trade bars the cost is actually more zen than buying the ward from the zen market.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    This massive failure by the developers will forever haunt this entire expansion, and to a lesser degree, this game. Great job guys. You need to do a better job of repairing the situation. I recall the release of Diablo 3, and boy, the developers royally fkd that launch and game up. I can't even look at that game anymore without getting intensely angry, and I once had a deep love and respect for Diablo 2. I will never buy another Diablo title. You guys need to do a better job of repairing the mistakes you've made, otherwise, truly, you WILL lose some portion of your playerbase. That's not a threat, that's a projection of the future.
  • Options
    Wards becoming even more scarce causes the price of enchantments to go up. Greater Vorpals have increased in price from 600k to 1.3 million Astral Diamonds, in just a single say. Perfect Vorpals are multimillion AD and up.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

A message to the developers, and anyone else who partook in this entire debacle surrounding the removal of Coalescent Wards from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant:

I immediately feel better about the developers and playing the game when I read that they will give us Coal Wards based on the amount of Trade Bars we had at Underdark launch. I had bought many keys with Zen, and ended up with several thousand Trade Bars. I did that in anticipation of the Coal Ward price drop. I wanted to finally get a P Vorpal, and make a few extra Diamonds.

So at least the misstep on the developer's part has been addressed to at least a somewhat reasonable degree. I am peeved that they have not said that Coal Wards will go back to the Trade Bar Merchant though. This screw up and bad decision to remove the Coal Ward from the Trade Bar store will significantly increase the price of high end enchantments, which are already obscenely expensive.

One thing that is especially repugnant is the fact that all players get hit by attacks from the Developers that are aimed at the exploiters and botters, cheaters etc. Making all players suffer in an attempt to eliminate cheaters is a massive failure. I'm assuming here that the removal of the Coal Wards is an attempt to hinder the cheaters/exploiters. Why make us suffer because of the actions of a few bad players? The removal is an incorrect moral judgement, in my opinion. They should be back on the Trade Bar Merchant for sale at 75, or at least 200.

The Original Post by an Administrator said that they had made a mistake by having Wards on both the Zen Market and the Trade Bar Store. How long had these Wards been available on both of these stores? Why was this alleged problem not addressed YEARS ago? Why is it even a problem at all? What other solutions can be found to this supposed issue that do not negatively impact the entire gaming community?

Why aren't we getting Coalescent Wards at the price (75 Bars) that they had been advertised as since October last year? Why at 200 still? Doesn't it make sense to deliver on your promises? We bought our Zen with the intent of getting Coal Wards at 75 bars each, not at 200 each. We wouldn't have bought Zen just to get Coal Wards at 200, its the price drop that spurred us to spend money on your game again. You should make good on what you said you guys were going to do. Now I'm sitting here with a bunch of extra Trade Bars, FAR less Coalescent Wards than what I had intended to buy (have several thousand Bars). What am I supposed to do with these Trade Bars? I don't need or want ANY of that new stuff on the Trade Bar Merchant, I only wanted the Coal Wards in order to make my enchantments. I couldn't care less about anything else that isn't a Coalescent Ward from that Merchant. So I've still spent a LOT or Zen on getting Trade Bars, and I'm going to wind up with significantly less Coalescent Wards than what I would have been able to get had they actually been for sale at 75 Bars like you guys told us they were going to be for MONTHS?

Whether this solution works for a player is a matter of scale, the offer is paltry compared to the losses many of the ranked players have suffered especially if they have been playing for a year or more. If you have only a few bars or a couple of thousand its likely you would not have used them all for refining anyway, others however have a radically different perspective.

They have hit the guys who cover the lionshare of their operational costs to get a few bad eggs. That imho is as close to suicidal as a business model can get.
    I understand their issues I really do but to hit the innocent to impact the guilty few is beyond the pale.
    To the player base I would say sitting by mute as you watched folk in your dungeon runs or people in your guild (or your party) exploiting the system day in day out is what has largely brought us to this point.
    We share a good portion of the blame for this situation however we are having to pay the lions share of the costs.
    Maybe in the next incarnation you will hit that report button when you see this stuff go down.
  • Options
    l2agingbeastl2agingbeast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    First it started with Xbox and pc becoming parity with ad changes. Now they completely contradict themselves by saying parity shouldn't be expected. Then when everyone is worried about losing the coal wards from the t bar they tell us no we won't lose them. Now months later after everyone has been waiting for the change by buying zen and stocking up. They completely screw us and I mean all of us. 10 free wards? Are you kidding that's a one time deal after those 10 guess what you have to buy them for 10 dollars. The whole we don't want zen items in both places is bs pc has it, the dyes, the stones of health. This is the biggest let down from what used to be my favorite game
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    You know if they left the wards and rubies in unchanged people would be way less pissed about the change than they are about them being removed entirely, there is another company that pulled something similar called outspark that is now out of business
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I'm in the minority, but I get why this is being done. Can't say I'm thrilled about it, but I understand it.

However, $10 per coal ward going forward is way too far out of wack. We should be able to get something like a 5-pack for $10 at least, considering how necessary they are to ranking up anything. Either that or that 1% chance of success needs to change to 25%-30%. Or failing that, scale up the enchantments already on sale in the trade bar house from rank 7's up to 10 or so (even with scaling trade bar prices). I also like the idea someone mentioned earlier about adding wards to tradeskills (even if it's a slow, once a week process). Hey, use this opportunity to make leadership worth something again.

Every new artifact or new piece of artifact equipment we get going forward starts out at green (unless you're lucky and pull something out of a lockbox). That's $30 just to get each artifact item to Legendary ($40 to mythic for artifacts themselves) multiplied by two weapons, a neck, belt, and 4 artifacts. And that's before you even start talking about enchantments or runestones (at 12 ranks multiplied by however many slots you have on your character/companion). This completely kills the free to play concept because you NEED coal wards to refine anything worthwhile, and the only real way to access them in game is at $10 a pop (or a large chunk of AD that the Xbox economy doesn't have).

You've got to see that the current price structure is way too much. Maybe they were going to be too easy for us to get with the new trade bar store, but this has swung the pendulum way too far in the other direction. It's essentially cutting off everyone except for the biggest spenders, because no one is going to attempt a rank up without any kind of security on a 1% chance to succeed for minimal stat gain, and no one is going to pay $10 a pop to rank up one enchantment one time.

Unless you find some way to fix the lack of AD in the Xbox economy, no one will be converting to zen, and no one will be able to afford any enchantments over rank 7 (which you can buy in the trade bar house now). This isn't going to work.
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Also, why is the cap set at 10 coal wards based on your number of trade bars? Give people what they would have gotten otherwise at the reduced price, and be done with it if this is the direction you're going to go. A one time drop, since we had zero notice. "Here's xx number of wards (bound) @ the promised 75 bar price. Going forward this won't be an option in the future, so we're giving you a one time stock up before the changes are implemented permanently."

That would have gone a long way to making this right. Even take their bars for them if need be. There's not anything else in the trade house I want to spend my 5,000 bars on now, so I have no use for them. A max of 10 CW @ 200 each is a nice gesture, but it's not what we were looking for.
  • Options
    jonsimmons1978jonsimmons1978 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    null
    They didnt make enough effort to get word to all their customers about the changes and not enough notice given fir customers to find the info once posted. They should of posted something on FB and Twitter about this and been direct and at least 1 wk in advance. No fair notice was given to customers on the changes. When i sold insurance if we had of changed one of our policys and only given 24hrs notice by editing an older post we had made we would of been shut down for misselling and missleading our customers and not giving fair notice and making enough effort to inform our customers of the changes.
  • Options
    boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

null

They didnt make enough effort to get word to all their customers about the changes

they didn't make ANY effort

This discussion has been closed.