test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Trade Bar Store (Xbox One)

Comments

• There are gamers who can spend a lot of money and dont care about trade bars. Maybe Arc/criptic want to get just this kind of gamer..is the best way to rise incomes, they think.but they dont take in count following consecuence; with that kind of business practices and lies, the gamers ,who spend a lot of money, wont have enough gamers to playing with....all we are leaving...protector will be a desert...and at the end, the game dies.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Nothing is free, sure it's a F2P game.

But nobody at Cryptic/PWE is doing their job pro bono. Revenue has to come in to cover overhead. That's just common sense.

Microtransaction game models can, have (IMO) will continue to be a viable business model - and that's what NWO is, a F2P game that depends on microtransactions to generate money to keep the game going.

You can play this game without ever spending a dollar.

However, if everybody who plays this game never spends a dollar, eventually there will not be a game. IT's plain and simple, when this game stops paying the bills, this game will be no more.

That's the kicker here... the decision to alter the Trade Bar rework at the 0 hour, with no "heads up" is basically telling anybody who has ever spent money on this game to "bend over & just take it."

IMO, that is not a particularly effective way to keep people opening up their digital wallets.

• zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    null
    Great video
  • mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Why is everyone so negative? By the way, did you all read the patch notes word for word? Here is something that shows Arc isn't all to blame.

"Trade Bar Store Update - Dev Blog (As this is a PC blog, things may differ in the actual Trade Bar Store on Xbox)" (Quoted directly from the patch notes post on Feb. 8th)

Yes, it was posted late, but they told us it could be different. It was a day before the actual update. I feel, as gamers and human beings should understand that Arc is run by humans. And humans make mistakes. Are you human? Are you perfect? "Stone me if you have no sins and yoi are perfect". That's my two cents. I know people aren't going to appreciate this post. I apologize. It's a fact and it is true. Have a great weekend!

A voice of reason <3
  • ajam691ajam691 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Arc you are ridiculous
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    zixxer636 said:

null

Great video

Thanks! I didn't expect the url to just embed the thing but, here there it went. This one, I think, is also on-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhz9OXy86a0
  • lukeabranteslukeabrantes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you, Neverwinter. I can finally play other games now. You set me free.

I was more upset about the rubies and the weekend events than the wards. I was getting ready for 2x XP to grind and get 2 more characters to 70.

But not anymore. Thanks to you, I remembered that I have a huge pile of games I haven't been playing due to all the hours dedicated to Neverwinter.

I guess your stupid move did something good for me. I'm out.
  • funkehmanfunkehman Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    You obviously don't understand, they made a quick change before the update. If you don't like being "lied" to, leave. Simple answer. Stop complaining about a game and how it's developers use it. It's their game, not yours. If you dislike what they do, go play another game, or even make your own game. Crying and whining takes you no where. AD is not even hard to get, it is Time consuming... You act as if it is impossible and it cannot be gained... If you can't grind, you cannot do mmos, or really every game. Stop sitting and crying, you could have used this time to GET wards with ad. Lmao.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    awrex1977 said:

That's the kicker here... the decision to alter the Trade Bar rework at the 0 hour, with no "heads up" is basically telling anybody who has ever spent money on this game to "bend over & just take it."

IMO, that is not a particularly effective way to keep people opening up their digital wallets.

That is the point break for me, I had planned to go lock box crazy with dual streams of AD and $$. I will hold onto both now. No mass lock boxes in the near future. After VIP ends I will decrease my time with NW.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • nekojo7nekojo7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    funkehman said:

null

You obviously don't understand, they made a quick change before the update. If you don't like being "lied" to, leave. Simple answer. Stop complaining about a game and how it's developers use it. It's their game, not yours. If you dislike what they do, go play another game, or even make your own game. Crying and whining takes you no where. AD is not even hard to get, it is Time consuming... You act as if it is impossible and it cannot be gained... If you can't grind, you cannot do mmos, or really every game. Stop sitting and crying, you could have used this time to GET wards with ad. Lmao.

Actually the 'Crying and Whining' is what drives change. People are pissed, and it is within our right to be so due to terrible business practice that was just applied in this case. If you can't stand people fighting for what's right then maybe you need to stop bitching and carry on with your grinding...
  • mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I don't get it. Look before you jump down my throat for what I am about to type, keep in mind, I am as affected by this as the next person.. that said:

* NO ONE told you to sell whatever in anticipation for lower trade bar prices on wards.
    * To say that there is lack of content is ridiculous. The game hasn't even been on xBox for a year and we have had a multitude of expansions. Feel free to tell me which other single game has expanded that often within one year.
    * You don't want to play a free game anymore, don't play it.
    * Don't like the brand or the company? Don't buy their product. It really is that simple.
    * To yell Scam, BBB and whatnot is ridiculous. No one took your money and said "Here is the very specific item your money buys, but oops, now we don't give it to you" - if you spent money on lock boxes, guess what? That's on you. It's like buying Lottery tickets and suing the National Lottery because your scratch off ticket didn't win. It's flat out silly.

• funkehmanfunkehman Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    Bitching? LOL!
    You complain because of a changes, oh sorry, you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and carry on about it.
    There are Tradebar wards in PC. Go play there of you want it so much. There is little difference between xbox and pc, for now. You should be able to play pc because you can grind? Right? Hope so. I'm done arguing with kindergardeners, lmao. Goodluck gettingwards back. This change don't effect me, so.
  • xxxsfalxxxxxxsfalxxx Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Nothing is ever going to happen until it does. CW for 80 TB? I'll believe that economy-breaking crud when I see it, not a second before. Save up TB by buying LBx? Hhahah, no no no no. Now, this doesn't excuse anything, but really, why would anyone expect that all the many huge gaps and flaws in their communications and follow-through and organization all suddenly fix themselves for this release when it's been going on like this for almost a year on the XB-ONE?
  • kccotxkccotx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    To the people trotting out the tired line of "it's a free game and zen is free if you grind just grind hard like true gamers like I do lolz", get a clue.

The game may be "free to play" but it is definitely not free to make. The ONLY reason you're afforded the opportunity to play for free is because other people spend money on this game. You think the Zen in the exchange wasn't paid for at some point? Think it must be a drop from some dungeon you've just not stumbled across yet? Think that PWE/arc/cryptic are making content and running the servers because they're eccentric millionaires that do it for fun? No, its all made possible by people that enjoy the game and wanted to support it by spending their money. The same people that this is having an adverse effect on.

The fact that there is anyone who plays this game and is not upset by this situation boggles my mind. This change would not have adversely impacted any player. It would have meant cheaper runes/enchants for everyone across the board, eventually.

On top of that, the simple fact that they have been so shady in how all of this went down should upset you. Even if you hadn't ever heard of any of the planned changes prior to all this mess, at this point you should know what was said, the timeline of events leading up to it and that pretty much the opposite of what they said would be done was actually done. Why are you defending them at this point?

As I said in previous posts, I do enjoy the game. Obviously. Otherwise I would have just given all my stuff to what few guildmates I have left playing the game and moved on. I'll continue to play it. But from this point on, I'm going to be one of the leeches and not spend any of my money to support it. And I encourage anyone else who feels the way I do to do the same.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    funkehman said:

null

Really? Are you this Naive? You're right its their game. They published it for others to play. Then they made a statement about what they were going to give us next. This isnt PacMan the users adjusted their play style, and real $$ purchases. If it were PacMan the only thing that wold be affected is the game play, but thats not the case with a game like this. We were told were going to be able to buy the things with need with the stuff we already have, so people stockpiled more. Then they said nahhh just kidding you can f*&^ng pay us for it though, then we will let you have it.

See, the thing is, screaming about this is how you get heard, and how people in ivory towers sometimes realize, ohhh this mistake could cost us our player base, how will we make money then?

I enjoy playing this game, grinding can be a pita for me though? Why? I work 9-13 hours a day as a computer programmer. I work from home so at least I dont have to loose time to a commute. That said after work I have other things with life that have to get done and that leaves me on average at most 4-5 hours a night to do what I want. Wives, and kids need attention, and bills need paying and houses taken care of. So while some people can spend 6-8 Horus a day or more grinding and earning I may be lucky to have 3 or so before I fall asleep. The other issue with grinding for a singular goal all the time is it changes gameplay from play to work. If I have to get on and spend 3 hours a night just trying to get AD so that I can afford Coalescent wards, well ffs son where is my PLAY time?

People are right to HAMSTER. Cryptic is very much acting in the manner of and arrogant creator at this point. "We gave you this excellent world, the least you can do is play how we say and pay us for it." Forgetting that people play games for enjoyment and when you start being a pushy jerk thats when your friends typically go home. And in this case, most of us are taking our money with us.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    They are essentially saying there is too many trade bars out in the community so they are changing their minds at the last moment. This BS about exlploits makes no sense because they copied them straight from pc version and could have fixed them. I used to make tracks on Trials fusion and know how easy that fix can be. They let us do the exploits in order to move the economy upwards at those times.
    They say we buy from 3rd party sites that they let advertise 24/7 in the enclave. Again with alittle effort then they could have removed it. Many of us believe these 3rd party sites and the devs or arc or the makers have a hand in those sites.
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I can't agree more my friend.
  • codenie#3846 codenie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Soo they make a steadment and then it's over for them????
  • darthneutrondarthneutron Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    If they are afraid of all the accounts that got tramalune bars in a bad way effecting the economy of the game just make the coalescent wards from the wards tab bind to account. Which no wards in the ward tab is funny in of itself.
    Also any word on why double enchants, runestones, AD, and experience where removed off their calendar close to 48 hours before event start? Or we not suppose to trust their calendar anymore?
    I am beside myself and baffled by ghis company code of conduct and ethics. Wonder how tort, trade commission and sabranse oxley act feel about this.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    So have ppl received their compensation wards yet? I have not been on. Again I truley hope the developers get out the paddles and shock life back into this game. Keeping a faint pulse is not the way to live. Care for your players and we will embrace your efforts with open arms. Fix know bugs, use integrity to follow through with plans, the more you take away and decieve the many with have the many take then from you. This has to be more than a one way street, the true fan base choose your game for the wonder and love for D&D not the shackles, lies and ignorance.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    "one of our guidelines for putting items into in-game stores is to never allow that exact item to also exist in the Zen Market"

The fashion and dyes exist in both the trade bar store and the Zen market............

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Why do you keep deleting posts that refer to a lawsuit and refunds? I will be talking to Microsoft about this. They don't like you guys very much right now.

The forums are their property. Saying you should be allowed to post all you want about suing them etc. is legally tantamount to claiming you can grafitti the walls of my house with how much you don't like me. You aren't entitled to that. We, by which I mean mostly Americans, tend to get really full of ourselves with "freedom of speech", often forgetting that this only applies in public spaces--I can kick you out of my house for saying things I don't want to hear to my heart's content. Now whether or not they have some agreement with MS that says they won't do this is another matter, though I'd be kind of surprised. They may or may not take it as a preponderance of evidence that they are in violation of other agreements.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    The same people who are furious over the coals not being in the tb store are the people who would be furious once their Trans enchants were only worth 100k. THAT is the issue, not that the coal wards could be sold, just that them being in the tb store would absolutely trash the one reliable way to earn money in game. And we all knew this, it's why we sold our Trans enchants pre-update with the intent on buying them back when they weren't worth anything.

Quit derailing the topic with "put them in the tb store." That is not and never has been the underlying issue behind the rage the issue behind the rage is they said one thing and did another. They have offered a reasonable first step apology to make up for it,whether or not you believe it is enough it is at the very least a start. Unhappy with it? Keep playing, but don't spend your money on the game until they do something more. They don't care if you quit, they care if you stay. A lot of you in this thread need to remember these points.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    actually, I'm one of the people furious about it and I already knew that the result would be enchants would be cheaper. I have a lot of reliable ways to make ad. selling enchants was never one of them. I just want bis for my top three toons. Cheap enchants is good for everyone. new players need to have good enchants. enchants are MASSIVELY Overpriced. they should not be near a million ad. that's redonkulous. Somethings are allowably expensive. others that fall in the need catagory.. should not be. Especially considering the new raid for epic requires IL of 2500. it's unlikely that you'll be able to beat it with an IL of 2500.. realistically you probably need to be above 3000 if prior examples are anything to go by.. I've got three orange artifacts, one mythic artifact.. but I still haven't quite touched 3000. I'll need better enchants across the board. And from the borderline casual side of things, i'm one of the richer players. yeah, I could afford to buy one or two but then I'd be flat broke and to make money you need money.

so to me, and to many others.. this is a game breaking move. we can't proceed. matter of principle that 1000 zen for a single coal ward is WAYYY too much. god what's the math on it? If ah found this

http://greycloaks.enjin.com/forum/m/14382018/viewthread/11140856-how-to-create-your-perfect-vorpal-from-scratch/filter/most-views

so the dollar amounts are wrong on this for us but near enough.. if you were to buy the coal wards for zen that's 150 dollars.. for a single enchant. yeah you can buy it with ad but that's still a lot of freaking AD.. now it's going to be way more expensive than it was. the coal wards had been keeping prices down even though they were still outrageous. Before enchants weren't absolutely necessary to play the content but if you want to keep playing content as it's given it's going to be necessary. and now more expensive than ever.
  • bluzeboy7bluzeboy7 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I still want my blood rubies :(
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Sounds likea better option for you would be to put m in the tb store and make enchants bind to account
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    why would we want that either? why not just put them in like they promised. no need to make more stuff bind to account only. prices will go down. they'll be affordable for people. scammers gonna scam. they'll just find something else to peddle. I think making enchants bind to account would make people just as irate. you want to be able to trade something off if you decide something else would work better with that sort of funding invested. I want more things NOT bound to account.
  • codenie#3846 codenie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Dear 'perfect' WORLD entertament give what you promise and the double weekend now and you have then a nice valentine's weekend.
    How can you go to your homes and talk to your wife or partner and kids if you make so big lies?
    How can you even look in themirror to yourselfs?
    You betrayed all the xbox Neverwinter gamers and you think you can go with it?
    Do you believe? What do you think or how do you feel if other people do that to you?

Ow, sorry for my english, i'm from Belgium.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Alright a few questions and comments here.

1) how exactly did your attempts to reduce the prices for coal and pres wards had a "large negative impact" on our economy? They never went live and remained "attempts" so they couldn't impact our economy, beside of everyone hoarding trade bars and not buying any more coal wards of the auction house or the zen market.

2.) why cant you restore the coal wards? You are developers, you guys are basically "gods" and able to do everything inside your own game. I know God isn't almighty either (could he create a stone that's such heavy that he couldn't lift it? In any way the answer is, he's not almighty). But wards have been in store before, you removed them, so you can restore them and FYI: the section is called "Wards & Gems." But no wards in there...

3.) blood rubies have never ever been inside the trade bar store. You couldn't remove them because they have never been there.

4) how about adding other refinement stones to the trade bar store like sapphires, black opals and legendary shiny diamonds? They are not in the zen market so after your explanation there would be no problem adding those.(I never ever managed to obtain just one of those diamonds)

5) you did not only remove wards, you also removed a double exp and astral diamond event. I was really looking for this double exp event. Now I have had to grind the HAMSTER out of my warlock, to lvl 70 from lvl 65 without exp boost. Any compensation for the events you removed? (They were planned, you can't just take off a calendar appointment. Imagine the us government would all of a sudden remove the Independence Day)
    Any compensation like exp boost scrolls and some rough ad?

6) you are gamers too? Who would have thought? So I'm right to assume that you guys hate bugs as well when playing a game? There are a lot of of broken feats and skills for all kind of classes (especially the cleric class). The game soon celebrates its first Xbox birthday. Can we ever expect that you guys actually fix the broken class mechanics?
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User

The same people who are furious over the coals not being in the tb store are the people who would be furious once their Trans enchants were only worth 100k. THAT is the issue, not that the coal wards could be sold, just that them being in the tb store would absolutely trash the one reliable way to earn money in game. And we all knew this, it's why we sold our Trans enchants pre-update with the intent on buying them back when they weren't worth anything.

Quit derailing the topic with "put them in the tb store." That is not and never has been the underlying issue behind the rage the issue behind the rage is they said one thing and did another. They have offered a reasonable first step apology to make up for it,whether or not you believe it is enough it is at the very least a start. Unhappy with it? Keep playing, but don't spend your money on the game until they do something more. They don't care if you quit, they care if you stay. A lot of you in this thread need to remember these points.

Arguably I have been one of the loudest and bi%#hed the longest. And guess what I only have 1300 bars and have no intention of buying a single ward. Part of being part of a growing evolving economy is you have to live with the effects, they weren't willing to risk it.

First step? This settlement is like an insurance settlement, enough players shut up and take it and they will continue it a end step.

Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
This discussion has been closed.