test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

Comments

• zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    player1sf said:

Maybe they've employed Martin Shkreli to help with revenue increase.

lol dont say that, theyll bring every thing back at a 700% tb increase.
  • mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    zixxer636 said:

mvigil said:

This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

I am not sure if most people have ANY concept of what it costs to maintain a "free Game" - the overhead alone should be a staggering with Dev Teams, engineering, marketing, designers, support etc. How do you suppose they pay their staff? In Astral Diamonds?
    Dude they are not hurting for money, they are rewarding us with ingame content if we get the servers full and videos watched so thats free marketing. They dont fix most issues and bugs so Im guessing the dev/design/engineering staff is very small and mostly interns. If you do a support ticket it takes at least 3 days so I bet thats a small staff as well. When you play the game and see all the people winning from lock boxes you know money is being spent, also inspect players, there is no way to get your IL that high without spending several hundred $. Ive heard people say theyve spent thousands. This isnt a very good quality game and it should be but Im guessing theres a few PW admins with fat pockets telling underpaid staff to milk as much $ from us as they can get away with. This isnt a free AAA game theres very little being spent on overhead.
    And when was the last time you've looked at the Salary of just ONE engineer? ;)

• mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I am just going to leave this here...

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 5 minutes ago

Our team is currently discussing the changes and feedback from the community regarding the Trade Bar Store change. We will keep you updated.
  • splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > @amafia313 said:
    > Calm down guys. They're going to fix it.

When cause all they said was "May eventually be added"
    mvigil said:

zixxer636 said:

mvigil said:

This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

I am not sure if most people have ANY concept of what it costs to maintain a "free Game" - the overhead alone should be a staggering with Dev Teams, engineering, marketing, designers, support etc. How do you suppose they pay their staff? In Astral Diamonds?
    Dude they are not hurting for money, they are rewarding us with ingame content if we get the servers full and videos watched so thats free marketing. They dont fix most issues and bugs so Im guessing the dev/design/engineering staff is very small and mostly interns. If you do a support ticket it takes at least 3 days so I bet thats a small staff as well. When you play the game and see all the people winning from lock boxes you know money is being spent, also inspect players, there is no way to get your IL that high without spending several hundred $. Ive heard people say theyve spent thousands. This isnt a very good quality game and it should be but Im guessing theres a few PW admins with fat pockets telling underpaid staff to milk as much $ from us as they can get away with. This isnt a free AAA game theres very little being spent on overhead.
    And when was the last time you've looked at the Salary of just ONE engineer? ;)

I'm in operations, I'm willing to bet they contract that position to the lowest bid which is barely a dent in their budget.
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Such lies such dissapointment. But, hey, you might have cured me from spending way too much time on this game. Good job. :)
  • descend#9572 descend Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I am telling you right now you have lost hundreds if not thousands of players due to your own stupidity. People have spent alot of money on this game for you to pull this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You specifically stated the tb change with prices. You do understand this little change you think is not parity breeds a massive lawsuit right? People arent stupid and you duped thousands of players for your own greed. There is no history you specifically stated you wanted to catch us up to the pc yet you pull this trash? What the hell is wrong with your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> execs? They must have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for brains because this is pure insanity. You have lost a humongous part of your playerbase and if you dont fix this problem within 24 hours your deem to losr alot more. Smarten up instead of being greedy.
    mahburg said:

Major thread running on the announcement thread and a record thread on Reddit

One was needed on here as well so well done OP

Ive made 2 threads on it both were moved to the news/anouncement thread, im sure this one will be moved as well.
  • lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User

Wow. PC here- I really hope they reconsider or at least put them back for the previous price.
    How awful :(
    I did check their patch notes and they say "this blog is for PC there may be differences in XBOX" but come on... a difference is the pricing is different, not that they pull items OUT. Really disgusted on your behalf right now.

Psst they added that disclaimer weeks after the post. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FWVF5Na_Jd8J:https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9746173-developer-blog%3A-improved-trade-bar-store &amp;cd=1&amp;hl=en&amp;ct=clnk&amp;gl=us

Thats the original post
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • lethalbeanlethalbean Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Mm ok your point is

Funny how the "Patch Notes" does not include these differences. I thought the purpose of "Patch Notes" was to detail what is new and what has changed.

No, the patch notes left it out in the hope to get people into the game and playing with the new content before putting them in a rage over being shafted. If anyone thinks they don't put that much thought into things, I have a bridge to sell you in front of Protectors Enclave.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User

> @amafia313 said:

> Calm down guys. They're going to fix it.

When cause all they said was "May eventually be added"

That's what they were saying before, but I think they've been shocked by the amount of rage and pushback they're getting from both hardcore 'whales' and the otherwise placid casual crowd. I'd expect something to be announced within the next 24-48 hours.

Keep making noise, note that you're wanting a refund - but perhaps wait a day before flipping the table.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    How in the world is this not some kind of bait and switch???

You advertise these Great Changes to the Trade House, THEN PUT KEYS ON SALE and then at the last second TAKE IT AWAY???

SHENNANIGANS!!!
  • kingkali1989kingkali1989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I read/find the German News about "The trade Bars will be changed" for 1.5 mounths ago. So many people Buy keys for that. I don't understand why you say now we don't put it in. Thanks for the Money I Spent in the Game for that.
  • gouranga56#8711 gouranga56 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Agreed! We were totally screwed on this. These were one of the only reasons I have VIP. I am no longer buying VIP. Arc can go screw themselves. Without these wards, I cannot refine jack <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so all the stuff they give me is mostly useless. And since I can no longer advance my character, I am not playing anymore. Goodbye arc, go F yourselves
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    mvigil said:

I am just going to leave this here...

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 5 minutes ago

Our team is currently discussing the changes and feedback from the community regarding the Trade Bar Store change. We will keep you updated.
    Translation: "Huh, they seem really angry about it this time. Maybe we were wrong to try sca.... OH, MY GOD, I'M ON FIRE. Auuugh!"

Oftentimes PW can handwave this stuff away with a sale, or double AD. Doubt it will work this time - people are piiiiiissed

Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.

Doubt it will work this time - people are piiiiiissed

Well yeah because what they did here would be roughly analogous to MS letting everyone upgrade to windows 10 free, and once they installed it they find out they cant install any applications on it because MS left that out. You can unlock it by paying them for each app you want to be allowed to install.

Its not dye packs they left out. Its freakin Wards, wards that in some cases are 100% required to successfully perform some upgrades. You can try without them but 1% chance means a lot of wasted materials. What they have created is a enthusiast tax. The people who have drive to do the best and be the best will be the ones paying the most $$ because they wont have a choice.

This game was supposed to be a way to have fun and relax, the Strongholds release, and the grinding needed and the in game financial obligations in order to progress absolutely make it like a job. That was stressful enough (wait its a game its not supposed to be stressful) but add on to this that the only way I used to be able to afford coalescents was first teased to get cheaper and then taken away 100% yeah that sucks.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    lolwut?
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    they advertise something that pushed people to get prepared and spent tons of cash for it. then they decided to change it?
    if this is a scam I don't know what other words we have for this. maybe there is legal ways to turn around that?
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Not happy, I don't care what they did. It's how they did it. I don't trust the staff. Real ugly work GJ
  • tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    null
    The key glitch was on PC as well so what does that validate?
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    I bet I am right in thinking the items will be added AFTER the 2xRP next week due to the fact you removed 2xAD which would have allowed players to get the diamonds needed to buy said items from the zen market.

Thought you wanted to build for the future of NWXbox not kill it in one swift move.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

In particular, the Wards and Gems tab does not include Blood Rubies, Preservation Wards, or Coalescent Wards. We just wanted to let you know that this is intentional. Though they may show up at some point in the future, they are not supposed to be there with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark on Xbox One.

As a reminder, these are different platforms and environments, each with a different history and economy.

What? :o

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I have $65 in the bank ready to buy zen today , not a damn chance that's happening now it's going into the other free game I play (which may also be the ONLY free to play game i play by Friday).
  • kccotxkccotx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I find it laughable that the official line on this is "you shouldn't expect parity between PC and XBOX.". That is almost the exact opposite of what we were told when the leadership changes were made.

If it wasn't already clear, I, too, am unhappy with this stunt. I would have thought the whole companion debacle on PC would have taught ARC/PW/whoever else is making these decisions that the player base will not roll over and stand for $!?& like this.

And since I'm already here ranting, wtf is the point of having an event calendar if you're just going to change the event listed a week prior?
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    as a PC player, this makes me feel a whole lot better. normally it's our fan that the HAMSTER hits. as a gamer though,

I'm not unsympathetic. welcome to the world of being shafted 6 ways from sunday by the unscrupulous actions of those in charge.

take solace in the knowledge that us PC players have been screwed over many more times than you have, and for a lot longer.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Curious how Microsoft will respond since this will impact them as well.
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User

OMG you idiots, why the hell did you remove C wards, rubies and pres wards.
    This is borderline "fraud"

After the BS stunt you pulled last time with Gmops and now this, I think I'm going to MS to report your actions.

BTW, wait till people realize they pulled 2x AD off the table for this weekend too. OMG grab your pitchfork people!!!
    (why do we even have a calendar for anyway when you do this kind of stuff)

"XBOX turnoff"

Sorry had to come back and point out what they put up on the Calendar instead of 2xAD this weekend,
    Yep you guessed it 2xRP, where all us players need C wards.
    Talk about a last kick in the nuts to finish us off....GG PWE

Cryptic's way of saying "HAMSTER YOU XBOX COMMUNITY, HAMSTER YOU!!!"
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi All,

First off, I want to say that we appreciate the continued feedback and are listening to absolutely everything that is being said right now. Our team is having discussions about the situation regarding the Trade Bar store item removals and the adjustment to the scheduled events, and are looking at what we can do. I know this isn't the answer that everyone wants right now and that swift action is requested. We aren't ready for that just yet, but are discussing options.

A full formal response will be coming (hopefully tomorrow as we continue our investigation), but we want to make sure that our community knows that we do hear everything that you are saying.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    You know I could "almost" overlook the whole thing if not for 2 points:

1. The Glorious Resurgence lockbox is a lie in itself, it claims to contain "all the treasures of the past lockboxes", well it contains essentially no mounts anyone has interest in below Legendary status. No Axe Beak, No Giant Strider.

2. The trade bar mounts are the same story, none that people generally want beyond "maybe" the Spore Cloud.

When they get around to fixing the ward issue, maybe they can get to adding the mounts people want. I can tell you personally I'd spend money on keys for trade bars and the GR Lockbox if I had a chance at the Axe Beak or could buy one.

THAT'S how you make money PW. Give people what they WANT not take it away.
This discussion has been closed.