test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

Comments

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    This is absolute BS.

Hey, here's some Tradebar info.... Prices are going down on Wards/Rubies.... You're getting this new Tradebar stuff on 2/9 w/ Underdark.... probably a good idea to save your bars since prices are getting slashed.... Here's a key sale to stock up on Tradebars, maybe luck into a sweet OP'd mount....

2/9 rolls around, and the ONLY GODDAMN THINGS PEOPLE WERE HOARDING BARS FOR HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

Unreal.

In less than a week you have managed to F'up Dungeons with a waste of time future mod & alienate your entire XBox playerbase - slow clap time, it's rather impressive that in the span of 5 days you have managed to kill any positive momentum that the announcement of the Maze Engine & Anticipation of Underdark on XB1 & to top it off, today's shady scam tactic truly helps in butchering this games (already suspect) reputation... WTF are you people thinking?
  • ancientrose12ancientrose12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    This is crazy. All my friends have been waiting for the colescent ward price to drop since you guys first annouced it. Now it is not there. Most of my guild memebers hoped on saw it was not there and got right back off. WAY TO HAMSTER EVERYONE OFF. This is a load of garbage!!!! Everytime there is an expansion there has to always be some stupid problems!!!! Leveling to 70 was a pain, parts of strongholds was a pain and now this?!? Can you guys never get it right!!! I have put more money into this game then this game is worth with these problems. Thanks for causes half my guild to quit the game because of stupid garbage like this. Horray!!!!!
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Nice job. I thought for sure they had advertised this for xbox as well. A clear cut case of false advertisement. Enjoy the incoming Class action.

Just fyi, I don't have many trade bars saved. I don't need to however to be upset by this act by PWE.

Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • mrwupazzmrwupazz Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    You have to love the fact that they also edited the underdark post, to try and cover their @##. If there was any doubt as to their intentions that should make it crystal clear
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User

nothing we say will make a difference. i guess the one time i got a coalesent ward when they had the 50 % off sale will be the only time i buy those, or upgrade my enchantments.

im not some whale dropping hundreds into this but i have payed into the game.
    that does not make me entitled to more then anyone else, but it certainty makes me feel like i could have spent it better....

guess ill keep saving my trade bars...maybe someday i can buy an axe beak thru there.
    every other change in the trade bar store.....

sigh...

i have been hanging on my my fingertips for a while now, thinking that neverwinter would need to make some great gesture, some good improvement to keep the turnover rate of players down. i said it before, when my vip time is done, i think ill move on. 7 months is not so bad for a game run thou so overall its been interesting, and sometimes fun, other times far to repetitive.

im not gunna worry about getting all my gear to max now, ill enjoy the new story line in under dark and just take it easy.

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    If you were looking for a way to kill off a lot of the players that have still remained in support of the game, you may have just found it.

Firstly, at the present time this doesn't affect me as I had no immediate intentions to purchase Coalescent Wards however I know that I am in the minority, as you can see even reading between the lines of more heated users, people are not going to tolerate this.

You are right that PC and X1 are two different games with different economies, you have removed the Wards from the wrong platform. PC is self sufficient, X1 is not. PC players have established AD/Zen generation methods, X1 does not, our economy is weak and only those already rich are able to purchase any reasonable items which they then turn around and flaunt for unreasonable prices. You only need look at the poster names on the Legendary mounts tab to see what I mean.

The key to the game's continued existence is to stimulate its economy by relieving pressure on some of its aspects, the C. Wards would have done that by making enchantments achievable for those with less AD and no means of making a sufficient amount. Instead you have chosen to further cripple the economy, both by the direct act of removing the items and indirectly by causing people to turn away from the game because of it.

For the time being, I have tasks I am focused on completing that are not bothered by this issue but as this issue is a part of the Underdark content I likely won't be touching any of that content for a while, at least until this issue is resolved.

People are actively not going to buy Zen because of this, again while at this time it doesn't affect me I won't hesitate to caution others and ensure any uninformed players know about this. What they do at that point is their choice.

@strumslinger
    You have for the vast most part done well by the community in the past, please see to it that this "decision" is overturned and rectified. This game is enjoyable for many people, but these kinds of poor decisions make that enjoyment difficult to defend.

And don't think we didn't notice the event swap this weekend.
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Wouldnt it be nice to play this game with the ability to upgrade your enchantments without dumping an absurd amount of cash in the zen market? Having a cheaper alternative for coalescent wards is a huge deal for players who dont have the time to grind this game for a living. And most of us have real world money priorities that prevent us from droping 10$ for one C ward.

Removing Coalescents from the Trade Bar store completley means "us" types of players will always hate PVP because we cant upgrade and will be tired of loosing, nobody enjoys loosing. Ive noticed the double glory has been active for a while so Im guessing there is a lack of desired players. Want to boost the amount, give them a way to uprade enchantments fairly.

Item level. A lot of content requires a certain IL to play and a lot of guilds require a certain IL. You can have the latest highest IL armor and gear but your IL will still be low because you cant upgrade your enchants without coalescents. So "us" types of players dont get invited to dungeon runs and others say were garbage because we dont score on the top of the leaderboards making us obsolete as team/guild members.

So in the end here taking away the access to coalescent wards outside of the Zen market is gonna give the majority of players a reason to stop playing. This is xbox not pc, you want to increase players, reward them for playing. But continueing to oppress and lie to your loyal players will be the death of this game and your credibility.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    And as expected, no disclamier at the bottom about Xbox / PC Tradebar being different...

Looks just like the account-wide companion disaster on PC, nice job Cryptic...

And as expected, no disclamier at the bottom about Xbox / PC Tradebar being different...

Looks just like the account-wide companion disaster on PC, nice job Cryptic...
    Why would it have to say that? It's under the XBOX tab if you look again. Clearly showing we were getting the SAME update to the trade bar store as pc did.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Funny how the "Patch Notes" does not include these differences. I thought the purpose of "Patch Notes" was to detail what is new and what has changed.
    Post edited by mrwilsonva on
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • zayphrzayphr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Don't you worry, think of this mod as a new running car or as a new router; the mod has to receive a few tweaks here and there for you to love it. Coalescent wards will be back just give ARC a little time.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I had every intention of purchasing some Zen to start off the Underdark expansion which I was actually excited about - mostly due to what I considered intelligent changes to the Trade Bar store. Now there's no way I spend another dime. Just going to wait for VIP to run out and enjoy whatever is left.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Update: We're reviewing all the feedback and are currently in discussions on next steps. The Neverwinter team aims to provide a great experience adventuring throughout the lands. More updates to follow.

As some of you have noticed, there are a few differences between the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store on PC and Xbox. In particular, the Wards and Gems tab does not include Blood Rubies, Preservation Wards, or Coalescent Wards. We just wanted to let you know that this is intentional. Though they may show up at some point in the future, they are not supposed to be there with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark on Xbox One.

As a reminder, these are different platforms and environments, each with a different history and economy. Though we are constantly trying to get all versions of NW on all platforms to line up, there shouldn’t be an expectation of exact parity between multiple platforms.

With all respect sir. I played this game on PC for years, and I play this game here on xbox since the lauching.I always bought zen and never supported third parties websites. However, this kinda of measurement you announced is what motivates people to go after third party websites. You make our lives harder instead help us. Feels like you want to rip us off instead. Make the game cheaper, affordable, and people will spend more on your store than on third party websites.

the sad thing is that you guys make us a game very expensive without proper fixes for bugs, no class balance for pvp for months/years. no wonder we have a small game population. a lot ppl love this game, but can't make a game both expensive and without care at the same time. hope one time you guys wake up before it is too late.
    remember pretty soon you guys won't be the only MMO on Xbox... this is something to think about.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • kipfizhkipfizh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I used to work for a social games company and unfortunately have seen this tactic many many times. In almost all cases, the short term cash grab was successful and the long term health was destroyed.

It happens because managers ask the question : "How can we monetize the active user base further?". Often, game producers and suits clash on this - producers often understand the mechanics of free-to-play games, which is that despite 95% of the userbase not paying, they are utterly essential, because without them the payers will never become payers in the first place.

I've seen countless examples when the genuine free players are treated appallingly, and squeezed, and they leave. The decision makers don't care initially, because 'they weren't spending anyway', until the next quarter, when they realise half their payers left soon after.

Gamer numbers are utterly critical in a game like this. Without them, queues are never completed, guilds are never full enough to tackle late game content, and players look around and realise that they can't get any further, and leave.

This might sound melodramatic but it really isn't. Like I said, I've worked in the industry (as a developer) watching stupid decisions get made around me. If you're in touch with the playerbase, you'll know what a disaster it'll be - so no disrespect to Andy who is no doubt in that boat - but good luck convincing the Director of Finance, who knows only spreadsheets, how the mechanics of this work. They just don't get it. I've never known one who does.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Fortunately we have one variable they have to pay attention to and that is live
    People are already filing complaints and will then demand and get refunds
    Ms takes the reputation of live pretty seriously
    They can and would pull a game that cause too much dissatisfaction with their client base.

We may never see their hand in this but I guarantee it will be there may already be involved in the discussions.
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

NOTE THE XBOX TAB. False advertising plain and simple. If someone starts a class-action lawsuit let me know.

I posted this before but again I'll reiterate. Contact Xbox Marketplace support. Demand a refund of all your purchases with PWE. Inform them you were scammed. You WILL get a refund.
    Can we really get refunded? For every purchace? I do feel scammed after all of this.
  • This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

Update: We're reviewing all the feedback and are currently in discussions on next steps. The Neverwinter team aims to provide a great experience adventuring throughout the lands. More updates to follow.

As some of you have noticed, there are a few differences between the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store on PC and Xbox. In particular, the Wards and Gems tab does not include Blood Rubies, Preservation Wards, or Coalescent Wards. We just wanted to let you know that this is intentional. Though they may show up at some point in the future, they are not supposed to be there with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark on Xbox One.

As a reminder, these are different platforms and environments, each with a different history and economy. Though we are constantly trying to get all versions of NW on all platforms to line up, there shouldn’t be an expectation of exact parity between multiple platforms.

Welp, let's hope this (the new text at the top) means they will fix it for you guys and soon. I'm sure they "meant" that coal wards would be.. like 85 instead of 75 on xbox and just didn't implement the right code, right? (cough).

Meanwhile I will continue to mourn the "returning" mod 9 dungeons that are not coming back in any way that is helpful to endgame players.

@Sturmslinger- we know it's not you- please convince these people to stop making promises of lemon chiffon pie and then delivering lemons. It's worse than being told you are getting lemons to begin with. Or someone stealing the lemons you already have.
  • mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User

But thank you for bringing back the Heavy Inferno Nightmare

Finally! Someone with a Silver Lining! ;)

• This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

NOTE THE XBOX TAB. False advertising plain and simple. If someone starts a class-action lawsuit let me know.

I posted this before but again I'll reiterate. Contact Xbox Marketplace support. Demand a refund of all your purchases with PWE. Inform them you were scammed. You WILL get a refund.

Oh for the love of everything... Law suit? Scammed? Watch Dramatic TV much? And before you fly off the rocker at my post, this DOES affect me as well, however certainly not to the extent where I am thinking scammed or law suit. You weren't scammed. No one told you to spend money on the game. No one told anyone to sell something in anticipation of Coalescent wards.

I agree it's the pits but frankly not to the extent where I am going to run around trying to start a revolution here..

This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

I am not sure if most people have ANY concept of what it costs to maintain a "free Game" - the overhead alone should be a staggering with Dev Teams, engineering, marketing, designers, support etc. How do you suppose they pay their staff? In Astral Diamonds?
    mvigil said:

Oh for the love of everything... Law suit? Scammed? Watch Dramatic TV much? And before you fly off the rocker at my post, this DOES affect me as well, however certainly not to the extent where I am thinking scammed or law suit. You weren't scammed. No one told you to spend money on the game. No one told anyone to sell something in anticipation of Coalescent wards.

I agree it's the pits but frankly not to the extent where I am going to run around trying to start a revolution here..

Not in the slightest. PWE stated one thing, and did another. They did so for monetary reasons. False advertisement plain and simple. I hate reading about frivolous lawsuits, but falsely advertising that you're going to make changes to something, so people spend money on keys, is not frivolous in the least.

I've supported PWE in the past in posts and money. They do in fact need to make a profit to keep churning out content. Killing your playerbase by lying, is not a good long term investment strategy.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Well im not the only one (duh..) lol, but i will say that is some very BAD decision from your part developers. I mean to remove the wards all together... wow. Pure nonsense really. I hope you guys are gonna do like the Gears of War developers, everytime they made a bad mistake, we tell them, and they HAVE to fix it.

And by the way, yes i am glad for double finement... oh wait... i won't be able to get COALESCENT... hum :( And you removed the next double AD .. hahaha ok jokes on us i guess...
  • djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9746173-developer-blog:-improved-trade-bar-store

This is what you said 3 weeks ago and everyone excepted it and spent accordingly to what was posted on your one "offical" forums.

The patch notes dont give exact details either.

So from my point of view people should screen shot/save the above link and then report as a bait and switch.

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also employed in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by sales people to consider similar, but higher priced items ("switching").

I am sure there will be some people looking into this very carefully in many different countries where there are different laws.

So remember screen shot the above link.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Oh my, glad I bought ultimate editions of Halo and BO3. Don't have the need to update NW when I get home.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    it'll show up after they get everyones money after double rp ( do yourself a favor quit the game now)
  • I'm glad the game has people who have so much disposable income to support a decision that was clearly wrong. And you can't have s strong economy of people quit.
    So let me make this clear, I spend money but I shouldn't be forced to pay for something the game advised s was coming. And I had to spend money to get the trade bars, so it's not free and never was, but the image presented is that.
    edited February 2016
    While I'm sure PWE is backpedaling hoping to avoid chargebacks and the like, I hope it does get fixed simply so the game doesn't die.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
This discussion has been closed.