test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

Comments

• Options
    mvigilmvigil Member Posts: 13 Arc User

This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

I am not sure if most people have ANY concept of what it costs to maintain a "free Game" - the overhead alone should be a staggering with Dev Teams, engineering, marketing, designers, support etc. How do you suppose they pay their staff? In Astral Diamonds?
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    mvigil said:

NOTE THE XBOX TAB. False advertising plain and simple. If someone starts a class-action lawsuit let me know.

I posted this before but again I'll reiterate. Contact Xbox Marketplace support. Demand a refund of all your purchases with PWE. Inform them you were scammed. You WILL get a refund.

Oh for the love of everything... Law suit? Scammed? Watch Dramatic TV much? And before you fly off the rocker at my post, this DOES affect me as well, however certainly not to the extent where I am thinking scammed or law suit. You weren't scammed. No one told you to spend money on the game. No one told anyone to sell something in anticipation of Coalescent wards.

I agree it's the pits but frankly not to the extent where I am going to run around trying to start a revolution here..

Not in the slightest. PWE stated one thing, and did another. They did so for monetary reasons. False advertisement plain and simple. I hate reading about frivolous lawsuits, but falsely advertising that you're going to make changes to something, so people spend money on keys, is not frivolous in the least.

I've supported PWE in the past in posts and money. They do in fact need to make a profit to keep churning out content. Killing your playerbase by lying, is not a good long term investment strategy.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Well im not the only one (duh..) lol, but i will say that is some very BAD decision from your part developers. I mean to remove the wards all together... wow. Pure nonsense really. I hope you guys are gonna do like the Gears of War developers, everytime they made a bad mistake, we tell them, and they HAVE to fix it.

And by the way, yes i am glad for double finement... oh wait... i won't be able to get COALESCENT... hum :( And you removed the next double AD .. hahaha ok jokes on us i guess...
  • Options
    djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9746173-developer-blog:-improved-trade-bar-store

This is what you said 3 weeks ago and everyone excepted it and spent accordingly to what was posted on your one "offical" forums.

The patch notes dont give exact details either.

So from my point of view people should screen shot/save the above link and then report as a bait and switch.

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud used in retail sales but also employed in other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by merchants' advertising products or services at a low price, but when customers visit the store, they discover that the advertised goods are not available, or the customers are pressured by sales people to consider similar, but higher priced items ("switching").

I am sure there will be some people looking into this very carefully in many different countries where there are different laws.

So remember screen shot the above link.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Oh my, glad I bought ultimate editions of Halo and BO3. Don't have the need to update NW when I get home.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    it'll show up after they get everyones money after double rp ( do yourself a favor quit the game now)
  • Options
    I'm glad the game has people who have so much disposable income to support a decision that was clearly wrong. And you can't have s strong economy of people quit.
    So let me make this clear, I spend money but I shouldn't be forced to pay for something the game advised s was coming. And I had to spend money to get the trade bars, so it's not free and never was, but the image presented is that.
  • Options
    player1sfplayer1sf Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    You are of course kidding, I'm mean surely you wouldn't blatantly lie. "prices are being reduced across the board on existing items. Coalescent wards for instance will now be sold for 75 trade bars, down from 200." This announcement was made in a post from yourself on the arc site. On the 18th of Jan.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9746173-developer-blog:-improved-trade-bar-store

People have been waiting for this with excitement... Instead you're going to take away the wards altogether and try to force into pay to upgrade situation? Heck no, you either give what you offered or return the Coalescent & Preservation at normal price! I suggest the first, as you have pissed off many people with this stunt.

If you don't I am one of many who will no longer be playing... This is by far not the only game to play.
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    While I'm sure PWE is backpedaling hoping to avoid chargebacks and the like, I hope it does get fixed simply so the game doesn't die.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Yall suck. That is about the easiest way to say it.
  • Options
    deedulusdeedulus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Must say this is bs! I as many others have been saving up bars to be able to refine!
  • Options
    If this is not corrected prior to double refinement, I will be contacting Microsoft for a full refund. I have been saving since the whisper of 75 trade bar wards. Almost all my gems on several different characters are ready to upgrade, was just waiting on this update, which repeatedly guaranteed the ward price reduction. If they wait till after double refinement to fix, all the gems and runestones I've saved for this go to waste, as you cannot refine a ready to upgrade item. That gives you just a few days to fix this, or you are out more money than I care to admit.
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Absolute joke. Parity when it suits them. I've always tried to stay positive but this takes the absolute p***. Your decision making is so schewed in favour of pay to Zen that even people who spend hours on the game daily get liitle reward. I take it you'll be bringing AD back to Leadership or lowering xbox guild requirements.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    mvigil said:

This game is not free. And you're hurting your community. I've defended so many things because I don't think you need to give it all away, but now this is pay to play and I think I'm done.

I am not sure if most people have ANY concept of what it costs to maintain a "free Game" - the overhead alone should be a staggering with Dev Teams, engineering, marketing, designers, support etc. How do you suppose they pay their staff? In Astral Diamonds?
    Dude they are not hurting for money, they are rewarding us with ingame content if we get the servers full and videos watched so thats free marketing. They dont fix most issues and bugs so Im guessing the dev/design/engineering staff is very small and mostly interns. If you do a support ticket it takes at least 3 days so I bet thats a small staff as well. When you play the game and see all the people winning from lock boxes you know money is being spent, also inspect players, there is no way to get your IL that high without spending several hundred $. Ive heard people say theyve spent thousands. This isnt a very good quality game and it should be but Im guessing theres a few PW admins with fat pockets telling underpaid staff to milk as much $ from us as they can get away with. This isnt a free AAA game theres very little being spent on overhead.
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    Let's face it. they announced underdark for a while. they seen ppl spending thousands of dollars in the lockboxes to get ready to upgrade stuff using the trade bars to buy rubys and wards. then they make a masterplay and erase these stuff for us, so those ppl who spent thousands of dollars have to spend more with wards/rubys from zen store. greedy at the best. you were never thinking of the economy of the game. for instance, we dont even have bots and you removed our leadership AD making.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    zixxer636 said:

mvigil said:

Dude they are not hurting for money, they are rewarding us with ingame content if we get the servers full and videos watched so thats free marketing. They dont fix most issues and bugs so Im guessing the dev/design/engineering staff is very small and mostly interns. If you do a support ticket it takes at least 3 days so I bet thats a small staff as well. When you play the game and see all the people winning from lock boxes you know money is being spent, also inspect players, there is no way to get your IL that high without spending several hundred $. Ive heard people say theyve spent thousands. This isnt a very good quality game and it should be but Im guessing theres a few PW admins with fat pockets telling underpaid staff to milk as much $ from us as they can get away with. This isnt a free AAA game theres very little being spent on overhead.
    because they drive ppl away from the game to feed on those few that spend thousands of dollars. it has always been like that. a game with a lot more potential.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Wow...I mean just wow...

If I was playing on the Xbox I might quit over something like this.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

@Sturmslinger- we know it's not you- please convince these people to stop making promises of lemon chiffon pie and then delivering lemons. It's worse than being told you are getting lemons to begin with. Or someone stealing the lemons you already have.

^this
  • Options
    This game makes money, that's exactly why it's 'free'. Otherwise, they'd simply charge a fee every update or quit putting out new content. No one is starving for a paycheck. The people playing are the ones struggling on this increasingly pay to play game.
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    quit I did lol its a joke who wants to play a dead game that lies to you
  • Options
    ngtmarenmngtmarenm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    They have tweeted that the team is currently discussing the changes and feedback from the community and will keep us updated.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Not much to discuss either fix it or don't and let us know the outcome then we can decide our next actions individually

It's a monster screw up we know it they know it hell before long the whole gaming fraternity will know it
    People will be saying for years I was there that day lol
  • Options
    intelligirlintelligirl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I'm not usually one to complain much, but this is just low-down, dirty, and disgusting what they've done.....WHY DON'T WE HAVE THE SAME BASIC TRADE BAR STORE AS THE PC?!? I'm sure that just like me, plenty of the player base uses the Trade bars to purchase coal wards, and completely removing them without notice is just flat out DECEITFUL. If this isn't a cash grab then idk what is! And the most ironic thing about all of it is, the ppl they are most alienating are the ones who spend either the most amount of money in their game and/or the most amount of time. As far as I can see, they have now killed this game completely with their wicked, greedy, and evil ways.

I've played this game from DAY 1 on Xbox (even before if you count the beta). I've loved it, I've been disappointed with it, I've forgiven it, and loved it some more, but this is it. A woman can only take so much heartache before realizing she's spent the last year making excuses for a LOSER.

Sorry Neverwinter, change your bad ways or I'm breaking up with you! And I suspect I won't be the only one! Lol

P.S. To any and all who don't agree with my opinion, IDGAF and you can kindly be on your way! :)
  • Options
    player1sfplayer1sf Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Maybe they've employed Martin Shkreli to help with revenue increase.
  • Options
    volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I'm not ready to quit but I 100% agree with you. I was saving up my bars for these wards cause I wanted to upgrade my holy avenger but not I'm stuck with a bunch of useless shards.

On top of that I was vaing up salvage items for the double AP but that too has been erased.

It is one thing for them tom make poor choices in changing the game as they can do what they want but why the need to flat out lie?

Too bad too as I have had fun with the game but this puts things really sour for me. :(:(:(
This discussion has been closed.