test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2016 in News & Announcements
Update: We're reviewing all the feedback and are currently in discussions on next steps. The Neverwinter team aims to provide a great experience adventuring throughout the lands. More updates to follow.

As some of you have noticed, there are a few differences between the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store on PC and Xbox. In particular, the Wards and Gems tab does not include Blood Rubies, Preservation Wards, or Coalescent Wards. We just wanted to let you know that this is intentional. Though they may show up at some point in the future, they are not supposed to be there with the launch of Neverwinter: Underdark on Xbox One.

As a reminder, these are different platforms and environments, each with a different history and economy. Though we are constantly trying to get all versions of NW on all platforms to line up, there shouldn’t be an expectation of exact parity between multiple platforms.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    boondoc0boondoc0 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    why? parity only counts in getting the adx on par with pc? when it came to leadership on the pc you took away ad generation out of the profession in the name of "parity" even though we don't have bots and we were starving for in-game ways to make ad. why would you remove coal wards from the tradebar store ENTIRELY?
  • Options
    impxnazimpxnaz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I won't be planning on spending money on any of those items through Zen Market in that case. I'll just deal with what I have. Not worth it.
  • Options
    goatfaceonegoatfaceone Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    very very lame
    lets see you apply parity to everything else
    start with increasing drop rates of enchantments by a factor of 1000 to make that playing field level
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Yup. This will not make us buy from the zen market. This imo is one of the biggest mistakes this game has made...period
  • Options
    mrwupazzmrwupazz Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    This is complete BS and a last minute change at that everything up until a vague statement in the last 24hrs said we were getting them. We get updates with known bugs that have been fixed, Ad removed even though it wasn't a problem on XBOX and now you want to change things.......
  • Options
    And what about people who spent money on keys under the assumption (you guys gave them) for wards do they get a refund?
  • Options
    Exaclty^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    patruciuspatrucius Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    What on earth possessed you all to do that? You guys had damn well better be planning on putting those items up in our tradebar store for CHEAPER than the PC or something to that effect.

To completely remove our ability to get preservation and coalescent from the tradebar store is about the lowest, most nonsensical thing you could have possibly done. Many people were saving their tradebars to buy the specific things that you neglected to give us. You could have at least told us this beforehand so that we could have bought wards, even at the old prices before you crippled our ability to get them.
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Absolute joke!
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    keruptxxkeruptxx Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Uh oh

Kerupt [The Legendary Outlaws]
    - Leader
    - CW Class Officer

XBOX GAMER TAG: Kerupt Shunn
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Way to commit suicide I have 30000 trade bars across my characters from lockbox key purchases
    I guess I need to as live for a refund
    All the pr suggested the same experience as PC you failed to warn us you intended to pull this stunt I could have converted those bars to coal wards prior to this cash grab.

Let's see
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Haha this is ridiculous. Trying to force us into the zen market. Ain't happening..
  • Options
    dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Liars.
  • Options
    Looks like I am not alone in feeling the way I do as I said time to take this up with live and the coast and see how they feel about this shabbiest of stunts I have ever seen on Xbox live
    Time to bench this game until they honour their pact with us!
  • Options
    zachsoccer77#2037 zachsoccer77 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Singlehandedly the stupidest decisions you guys have yet to make, the market was already bottomed out and now the economy is going to crash as enchants are going to be impossible to obtain now for free players
  • Options
    thisisprestonthisispreston Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sooo what you're saying is you straight up lied about the changes in the first place? Then at the last minute (without even giving time for people to buy things like wards) you screw us even more! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> LOW blow Arc, real <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> low.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Just remember that this isn't Strum/Andy's fault - the decision to do this, and the decision to not let him tell anyone, will have been made by the producers. Andy has to do his job which, unfortunately, is dictated by the production team.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Most of us have been saving our tbars just for this update. Opening boxes just for the bars mainly and a slight chance to win something of any value. You guys have destroyed the market and can't honestly believe this is a good thing for us gamers. Of course not, it is a pissed poor attempt to make us buy zen to purchase coal wards through your market place. Funny thing is this will push people away from your game. Way to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> your self and your once loyal fans.
  • Options
    ngtmarenmngtmarenm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    @strumslinger Okay the decision has been made, and obviously the masses aren't happy about it. I am sure feedback will be collected and given to them. But what I would like right now from the powers that be is a reason as to why wards were left out and to explain how this is "better for the economy" of the game.

Thank You.
  • Options
    If they would have left them alone and not change the price, people would be mad but to actually remove them. That make absolutely no sense
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2016

As a reminder, these are different platforms and environments, each with a different history and economy. Though we are constantly trying to get all versions of NW on all platforms to line up, there shouldn’t be an expectation of exact parity between multiple platforms.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this. At all. The explanation of "well, we understand the economies on PC and xbox are different, but we're moving to make this one game with parity between the platforms" vs. "well, this is two different games, and you shouldn't expect that things will be the same" comes down to whether or not you're looking to **** us in the *** or the ******. This is often followed up by the line that you'll respect us in the morning.

Profanity filter adjustments.

Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    danets#9365 danets Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Can we say boycott? Turn off neverwinter until we get what they promised!!!!
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    wow. this is low. Yes please pass it on. this is not what we want. what we were led to believe we'd be seeing. we were saving up tarm bars to be able to make enchants. I've been saving bits and pieces to make enchants. I don't care about the blood rubies but the wards should be there. heck even if the prices aren't lowered they should still be there. Agreed with the above posters pointing out, but what about parity between the platforms? If we aren't going to be equal then give us back leadership AD. taking these out of the trade bar store isn't going to improve our economy. it's going to make players feel slapped and betrayed and you're going to get people quitting the game en masse. (which I don't think this game can withstand)
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    By the way, your timing on this announcement is pretty much proof that you've intended to screw us from the start. I'm not a "whale" by any measure, but my wife and I have dropped a couple of hundred bucks on Zen since we've been playing. You guys aren't getting a penny more.

Thanks for the free game, and all, but we'll let someone else support you going forward.

edited to add: by "you" i mean Cryptic and not Andy. I respect the hell out of the job you do, and you don't deserve the amount of HAMSTER you're going to take as a result of the decisions of the people you work for.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    They knew they were doing this, they knew people were selling their stuff in prep for this, they knew what we expected. I have told my guildies I wont sign in until we get fair treatment. If my guild master needs my 3k slot he knows he can take it. I will not be treated like their cheap piece of trash and blackmailed into paying for the upgrades any player needs. And anyone who wants to comment on the free nature of the Xbox version, I paid for $@#!$# VIP I dont deserve to be treated any different than a PC player. I love how during the upgrade stream today Andy just kinda mentioned that the bar store would be different but dodged everything else asked.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    philfyratbagzphilfyratbagz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    OMG you idiots, why the hell did you remove C wards, rubies and pres wards.
    This is borderline "fraud"

After the BS stunt you pulled last time with Gmops and now this, I think I'm going to MS to report your actions.

BTW, wait till people realize they pulled 2x AD off the table for this weekend too. OMG grab your pitchfork people!!!
    (why do we even have a calendar for anyway when you do this kind of stuff)

"XBOX turnoff"

Sorry had to come back and point out what they put up on the Calendar instead of 2xAD this weekend,
    Yep you guessed it 2xRP, where all us players need C wards.
    Talk about a last kick in the nuts to finish us off....GG PWE
  • Options
    Tember guys there is a Neverwinter forum on live as well voice your thoughts on there as well as here
  • Options
    ahrmonahrmon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is complete HAMSTER. At least get 'em back on there for 200. No WAY will I buy a col ward from the Zen market. Never.
This discussion has been closed.