test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have you been getting power points after you reach level 70?

reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
Hi guys, I manage to fill up my XP bar to get rewards, but so far I only get black opal. How often do power points come about now?

Comments

• cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    more often than not, I get nothing at all. the button that slides to the bottom right of the screen just disappears and no rewards are given whatsoever.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    I think you are suppose to get something everytime you fill up your XP bar for XP rewards. Maybe you clicked too fast or something?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    My SW has gone like 7 level up rewards with no PP.....
    Yeah I went through 4 level up rewards and only get black opal. Last time when the max level was 60 I got one power point every 3 times on average...... could the devs change the drop rate back to last time? Do you guys think it will be balanced?
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    2/4 on my HR for power points; 1/2 on my TR.

It really sucks when your reward is a peridot..
    reposterz said:

I think you are suppose to get something everytime you fill up your XP bar for XP rewards. Maybe you clicked too fast or something?

I don't click on anything. it just moves to the bottom right corner, greys out then disappears altogether.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Power what? you mean rank5s ... They must give us more or another way to gain those, this is ridiculus my mains is stuck on 96 points since months. Or is there a cap ?!
    marhabu said:

Power what? you mean rank5s ... They must give us more or another way to gain those, this is ridiculus my mains is stuck on 96 points since months. Or is there a cap ?!

Hi there, I was refering to getting additional points to spend on powers until everything technically is obtained for rank 4 of a power (like for example Daunting Light for the devoted cleric). I am not refering to refining points.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    Yes, my toons get power points. Not everytime but they do get them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    hardly ever get a Power Point anymore/ maybe its bugged
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User

3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,144 Arc User
    Power Points are not a "every time I fill the bar" thing.

reposterz said:

I don't click on anything. it just moves to the bottom right corner, greys out then disappears altogether.
    Press U.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Have not gotten a single one after reaching 70... but I got a lot a year ago when I was level 60...enough so that after last respec I got 14 powers at rank 4.

Well...actually I got one power point yesterday, but that was on the Preview server.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ladyfluviatilisladyfluviatilis Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Rather fresh player here.
    I got 4 power points out of 5 overflow rewards on my main and 2 out of 2 on my alt.
    My partner got resp. 3 out of 5 and 2 out of 2 on his toons.
    So it's not necessarily bad for new players; just RNG being RNG.
    Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequences of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn. - Lathander's Dogma
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The chance is low, but they do get awarded. It's the other comical rewards that HAMSTER me off.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    sure
    edited February 2016
    greywynd said:

Power Points are not a "every time I fill the bar" thing.

reposterz said:

Press U.

as a player that has been playing since open beta, who is familiar with almost all the little UI quirks this game has to offer, do you not think maybe I have already done that?

either way, I have, and it doesn't do anything. there is nothing there. pressing U will not make it magically appear if there is nothing there anyway.
    edited February 2016

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Yes, I have received A lot and have gotten all of the powers I use up to LvL4 and most of the ones I don't.

It works for me

as a player that has been playing since open beta, who is familiar with almost all the little UI quirks this game has to offer, do you not think maybe I have already done that?

either way, I have, and it doesn't do anything. there is nothing there. pressing U will not make it magically appear if there is nothing there anyway.

Well, pardon me for offering suggestions.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I only got 2 points out of 6 levels
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Well, pardon me for offering suggestions.

U is the level-up interface, not the overflow interface (which is part of reward notification). The default location for both is the lower right, but they're not the same at all. And there is no hotkey for opening overflow rewards.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I haven't been counting %success but a toon I rolled at the start of mod 8 has received as many PPs as one I rolled during mod 6; and the latter has been played a lot more. RNG is such a stupid way of doing just about anything.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    1.7 mil exp for a flawless sapphire
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    A toon I rolled up at the start of Mod 7 got the first 4 or 5 PPs as I overlevelled. In the last 6 or 7, I got 1 PP. Most powers I care about are at 4 at this time. Once in awhile I want to change my rotation, and then I run into problems on that score.

In the meantime, my old main, which started about the beginning of Mod 4, has 96 PP total--with all important powers at 4, including all probable changes to rotation. (Note that I haven't played this character since Mod 6, he only overlevels from invoking--and has not seen a new PP in some time.)
  • bwowmpbwowmp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    My main has 89 points right now, and that is sufficient (HR main...quite a few useless powers in there get no points at all). So I'll not complain about the sufficiency of what I've been granted.

That said, over-leveling XP rewards have become ridiculous. Now we must understand, this overflow experience will accumulate regardless if we simply play the game, and I have no doubt sure the developer's mindset is that any reward is better than nothing.

But is it?

Two of my last five rewards have consisted of a little bundle of 5-6 rank 5 enchants. I get this everyday from running around the SH for about a half-hour doing HEs for influence. That kind of feels like a slap in the face. I'd honestly rather just have nothing than be handed a bag of junk for accumulating 1.8 million XP.

And it does seem that the power points drop much less frequently over time. Is this a function of my character's total accumulated XP, or is it some sort or ninja-nerf which has lowered overall reward levels at some point? Or does RNGesus just not choose to smile upon me? Dunno. But for god's sake...please take the r5 enchants out of the mix. I'd rather have a poking stick. At least it's funny.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    I think that the first overflow level also guarantees a power point- at least I can't recall an alt I've rolled up where, after hitting lvl 70, the first overflow bag did *not have a PP (though ofc I could have bad memory or be extremely lucky there). Beyond that, I think the standard rng applies.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    bwowmp said:

But for god's sake...please take the r5 enchants out of the mix. I'd rather have a poking stick. At least it's funny.

It always felt like a slap in the face whenever I got the R5 enchants. Today I got companion tomes. WTF? A slap in the other cheek.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Just the other day. I filled up my exp bar and got the overflow reward.

Sadly I was DC'ed a moment later and didn't had a chance to claim the reward (oh how I missed you my shiny perdiot! no pun...double RP bitchs!!!!) so...yeah...

Filled a bug report, now waiting to be surprised.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    flowcyto said:

I think that the first overflow level also guarantees a power point- at least I can't recall an alt I've rolled up where, after hitting lvl 70, the first overflow bag did *not have a PP (though ofc I could have bad memory or be extremely lucky there). Beyond that, I think the standard rng applies.

The first overflow on my TR was a box of books.