test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loot Notification?

auckaaucka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Hey folks, I've snooped around in the interface editor a little, as well as in the various options tabs, but don't see anything related to the gigantic loot roll notifications that fill the screen when the players in your queue group decide they need to pick up everything as it falls on the ground during a fight. Is there any way to remove, move, or minimize this? It is incredibly annoying.

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Can't disable, but rearranging your HUD, you should be able to make it smaller and shove it off to the side.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Which element is it?
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Notification Windows (for the loot results) and Item Notification (for items appearing in your BP). There is nothing you can do about the initial loot roll window
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    Thanks, looks like it's (sort of) sorted. This game has a weird UI that feels really unfinished.
  • Options
    duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    As the group lead you can set loot rolls to green,blue,etc.
    Or you can ask your group lead to change settings please.

Then, if someone in need for lower rank drops wants pick up
    all that stuff, the other party members don't need to bother.
  • Options
    mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    durynte said:

As the group lead you can set loot rolls to green,blue,etc.
    Or you can ask your group lead to change settings please.

Then, if someone in need for lower rank drops wants pick up
    all that stuff, the other party members don't need to bother.

You can't do that in a dungeon that you queue for.
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I wish they would allow an option wherein we recv what we recv in a special loot pouch that we access after the run.
    No one gets to choose anything (need -greed-etc) its just a basic rng.

If you want to to give what u recv'd that you dont want to a run-mate then do so.

This would solve the bug splatter on the screen and allow for anyone to pick things up if they want a chance to obtain it.
  • Options
    linoge63 said:

I wish they would allow an option wherein we recv what we recv in a special loot pouch that we access after the run.

If you want to to give what u recv'd that you dont want to a run-mate then do so.

This would solve the bug splatter on the screen and allow for anyone to pick things up if they want a chance to obtain it.

The way it works currently would be fine.... if the notifications were about 1/10th the size they are now and not smack in the center of the screen, obscuring your entire view.

I'd settle for not being able to loot anything until combat ends.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have my loot set to anything goes. If you are in a party with me, you take what you want. When you go into a dungeon the game sets the loot mode and I have no control over it. Yes, I find the need/greed pop up annoying too. Stop looting in the middle of a fight and maybe I will come save you a$s when it falls in battle.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    Stop rushing off to the next fight while the rest of the party is looting, then.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Stop rushing off to the next fight while the rest of the party is looting, then.

Who said anything about rushing off anywhere? The fact that the loot notifications fill the entire screen is something pretty much unique to Neverwinter's UI, and whether you're fighting or standing still, it is annoying. I haven't said a single thing about the behavior of players, just that the UI is poorly designed. Infer what you want, but there ARE people who like to loot while a fight is in progress, picking up everything around them as it drops. It makes it nearly impossible to play the game that way.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    In the old days we could just change the loot permissions so he who picks it gets it. At least then you can let greens be picked up by whoever and they also won't get the benefit of using an overflow bag for these :-)
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Oh not my style either, I keep up with the caboose. I was in a dungeon not long ago and all the party leader said was RUN. I took offense and let the two run I lagged behind and when they got to the boss entry point they had to wait on me. The leader kept typing COME, in all caps. After beating the boss. I stayed and backtracked picking up all the loot they left behind. I didn't need it but they didn't want it.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    aucka said:

linoge63 said:

The way it works currently would be fine.... if the notifications were about 1/10th the size they are now and not smack in the center of the screen, obscuring your entire view.

I'd settle for not being able to loot anything until combat ends.
    I would too
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    I would like to see an auto-roll option. Say you set it to green, that means you auto-roll greed on all green items that are looted. The loot window does not even popup for those items. Set it to blue and you auto-roll on all blue and green loots.

Another more complicated option would be to allow us to set auto-roll for not only color, but type of loot. This would allow you to say "Roll greed on all green equip, roll need on all profession supplies, roll need on all blue gems".
  • Options
    vjarl said:

I would like to see an auto-roll option. Say you set it to green, that means you auto-roll greed on all green items that are looted. The loot window does not even popup for those items. Set it to blue and you auto-roll on all blue and green loots.

Another more complicated option would be to allow us to set auto-roll for not only color, but type of loot. This would allow you to say "Roll greed on all green equip, roll need on all profession supplies, roll need on all blue gems".

Agreed, and also, the result notifications that we and others won dont need to bug splatter our screen either.
    Whoever designed this surely never played this aspect of the game for longer than 2 mins.